Search:

SIYE Time:9:44 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where the Girls Are
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 74
Summary: Ron and Neville are in trouble with their girls, and Harry is trying to find a time to tell Ginny how he really feels. But the girls have gone away for the weekend. The only thing for the boys to do is go-where the girls are. Fun and fluff ahead, canon couples..
Hitcount: Story Total: 23052; Chapter Total: 2730







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“- and then he waved his hands around, asking me what the hell I was doing wearing that dress,” mimicked Hermione, “and dancing close with those guys. I told him I was having a jolly good time.”

Hannah and Ginny laughed as they lay on their towels after having a swim. It wasn't even lunch time yet, but the weather was perfect.

They'd all met back in their hotel room last night, refusing to say what had happened with the boys. They sat up till late, eating ice cream and drinking wine or cider, making tentative plans but really just thinking about their significant other.

Today they decided to stick to their original plan of a day at the beach, followed by a night at the fun fair. So far there had been no sign of the boys, a fact that Ginny, at least, was relieved.

“Well Nev acted all hurt that I had left town without telling him. I told him he could have left the country for all I knew, as I hadn't even heard from him all week. He apologised-”

“That's something,” said Hermione.

“-then he looked at his watch, apologised again and said he had to go. He offered to walk to my hotel room, but of course, we were right out the front, so I declined. He kissed my cheek and quickly left,” said Hannah, sounding hurt.

“He left again?” asked Ginny. Hannah nodded. “Prat,” said Ginny.

“It's just not like Nev. Usually he's like, the perfect boyfriend,” sighed Hannah. “He sends me owls, just to say hi, and that he's thinking of me. If I work the late shift at the Leaky, he shows up to keep me company and takes me back to my flat when my shift is over-”

“And stays the night,” reminded Ginny.

“- and he's so sweet to his Gran, and to me,” said Hannah. She was proud of the fact that she actually got along quite well with Neville's gran, knowing how important she was to Neville.

“Maybe you remind him of his Gran,” suggested Ginny, tongue in cheek. Hermione smothered a laugh and nudged Ginny. “Now, no more talking about the boys.” She flicked open a magazine.

“What about Harry, Gin?” asked Hermione.

“Who?” asked Ginny, flicking through the pages faster.

“Harry! Harry Potter,” said Hermione, sarcastically, making Hannah giggle.

“Oh, him. Well, he told me he came because you and Ron have been his best friends for years, and also he hopes things work out for you and Nev, Hannah,” said Ginny, nonchalantly.

“Yes...and?” asked Hannah, hopefully.

Ginny slammed the magazine shut. “And nothing. That's it, that's why Harry came with the other two this weekend. No other reason, not me, nothing. So I told him he should get back to the girls at the club, then I left. I wasn't going to hang around to see that!”

“Oh,” said Hermione, taken aback. Damn, Harry. She'd had a good heart to heart with Harry just the other week, and he told her he was ready to admit to Ginny how he felt about her.

“What is wrong with Harry? We all know the two of you are perfect for each other,” said Hannah, looking at Hermione. “How can he not see it?”

“Look at the way he was brought up. He's never found it easy to express his emotions,” said Hermione, defensively.

“She's right, those bloody Dursley's did a right number on him,” said Ginny, angrily. She sighed. “Except in his letters. He opened up to me in his letters. They were almost poetic, at times.”

“I'm honestly surprised that he wrote to you about his life,” said Hermione. Harry hadn't told her that.

Ginny nodded. “I know, me too. Some parts made me cry, like when he told me about Sirius dying. Of feeling like a part of the family when he's at the Burrow, or his thoughts when he walked into the Forbidden Forest that terrible night,” she said sadly.

“He told you about all that?” gasped Hermione.

Ginny nodded, and even Hannah looked in awe. “I know I don't know Harry as well as you two, but even I know how private Harry is about certain topics and stuff. If he told you about all that, well...”

Hermione nodded in agreement. “It means something, Ginny, you mean something to him. Don't give up on Harry, please,” she implored.

“I don't know, Hermione,” lied Ginny. “How long am I expected to wait, and for something that might never happen?” Deep down she knew she would probably never give up hope of the chance for her and Harry.

“It will, Ginny, I'm sure of it,” said Hermione. If she had anything to do with it, it would happen.

“Now can there be no more talking about the boys?” pleaded Ginny, wanting the subject closed.

“I agree. In fact, I'm going to go for another swim,” said Hannah, standing. “You want to join me?”

“I'm going to finish my magazine,” said Hermione, adjusting her large hat. “But after that, I will.”

“I'm going to go to the bar up near the beach. Right now, a 'Sex on the beach' sounds exactly what I need,” winked Ginny, making the others laugh.

“It's all that talk about Harry,” laughed Hannah, crying out when Ginny threw a handful of sand in her direction.

“You know, no matter what happens with our guys, I'm really glad we did this weekend together,” said Hermione, smiling up at her two friends.

“Same,” chorused Ginny and Hannah.

“And so far, it hasn't even been a problem, not using...you know, magic,” said Hannah, lowering her voice, although there was nobody close to them. A group of guys were closest to them, but they were quite a distance away.

“What's our plans for after lunch?” asked Ginny.

Hannah looked excited. “There's a garden show in the Brighton Pavilion. I thought I'd go there and check it out. Want to come?”

Hermione smiled at her. “I think I read that the town library is near there, so I might come with you. Gin?”

Ginny pretended to think about it. “Hmm, the library or a garden show? Gosh, how can you expect me to choose?”

Hermione threw a handful of sand at her. “Okay, it's not what you'd usually like to do, but what else is there. Unless you go and find Harry,” she suggested slyly.

“Harry is not lost,” said Ginny, coolly. “And I'm sure I can find something fun to do.” Her tone suggested the library and the garden show were anything but.

“You could do Harry,” giggled Hannah, then decided to run to the beach at the look on Ginny's face. A couple of guys watched the pretty blonde, but she was unaware.

“Sorry. We're only teasing you in fun,” said Hermione to Ginny, gently.

“I know, it's just...it hurts, Hermione. I've seen everyone moving on, finding love, and at times, Harry still makes me feel like I'm an eleven year old with a crush. I hate that,” said Ginny, bitterly.

“I'm sure he doesn't mean to,” said Hermione, gently.

“That's the thing, Hermione, I'm sure he doesn't. That's what makes it so hard. I hate that I think about him all the time, or that I worry about him when he's off on assignment. That I feel so happy to receive a letter from him, then spend the next hour sobbing over his feelings when he lost Hedwig. I don't want to read about his feelings, Hermione, I want to share them with him,” implored Ginny, “ and tell him mine.”

“Sounds like love to me,” said Hermione, softly.

Ginny nodded, albeit sadly. “If it wasn't, I'd have been able to give up on him ages ago.” She looked out to the sea, then smiled bravely at her friend. “Didn't we agree to no more talking about the boys?”

Hermione watched her walk away. She caught the eyes of several of the guys further up the beach, not that Ginny noticed. “You need to make a move soon, Harry,” said Hermione, out loud.


Reviews 74
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear