Search:

SIYE Time:2:36 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where the Girls Are
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 74
Summary: Ron and Neville are in trouble with their girls, and Harry is trying to find a time to tell Ginny how he really feels. But the girls have gone away for the weekend. The only thing for the boys to do is go-where the girls are. Fun and fluff ahead, canon couples..
Hitcount: Story Total: 22956; Chapter Total: 2740







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


A/N The events of this chapter happen at the same time, taking place after lunch. So while Hannah and Nev meet up, so do Ron and Hermione. Harry and Ginny next chapter.


Hannah wandered up and down the aisles, listening to many stories about grafting, or fertilising and propagating. She wished Neville was here; he could explain so much to her if he was with her. At least she'd be able to tell him all she'd seen.

She wandered over to the rose section, knowing that these were Neville's particular favourite. The fragrances and colours were beautiful, and she stopped to admire several and talk to the growers.

“-best rootstock. It took some doing, but they finally took. I've been watching them closely this last week, and I'm documenting everything carefully. It's quite exciting. I hope-"

“Neville?” cried Hannah.

Neville spun around, his face flushing guiltily. “Hannah! What are you doing here?”

“Is this your young lady friend? Hannah, was it?” asked one of the older women, who'd been listening intently to Neville's talk of his roses. It wasn't often a young man showed an interest in grafting and propagating, but this young man had been a pleasant surprise. He'd wandered in as soon as the doors opened, and many hours later, he was still here. He'd talked to many of the owners of the display, asking intelligent questions.

“Yes, Ma'am,” said Neville, proudly. He drew Hannah closer. “This beautiful young lady is Hannah Abbot.”

“How do you do?” nodded Hannah, politely.

“Do you have an interest in roses as well as your young man?” asked the older women.

“Only since I started dating Neville. His passion for it is contagious,” grinned Hannah, shooting him a loving look.

Neville smiled and slipped his arm around her waist. Hannah loved seeing Neville talking of his love of plants. He was sure of his abilities, confident and happy. It was Neville at his best, and Hannah loved seeing him like that.

“So, Mr Longbottom-”

“Neville, please,” offered Neville.

The old woman smiled. “Neville, in regards to your latest experiment, how soon till you expect it to bloom?”

“Any day now,” beamed Neville. He checked his watch. “In fact, I really should get back to it. I didn't realise how long I've been here. Ladies, it's been a pleasure, truly.”

The women twittered, to Hannah's amusement. “Please let us know how your experiment goes. It sounds so interesting.”

“Nice to meet you,” said Hannah, as Neville drew her away. “They were nice,” she said, conversationally.

“They remind me of my Gran,” chuckled Neville. “I expected them to pinch my cheeks, or pat my head.”

Hannah smiled. “I think they were surprised that someone as young as you was interested in what they had to say.”

Neville waved her words aside. “Bah, they've been doing this for years without,” he looked around, then leaned closer to her, “magic. There's lots I can learn from them,” he said, taking her hand as they walked outside.

“What's this about an experiment? You never mentioned anything to me,” said Hannah.

“It's at a delicate stage, but I definitely want you to be the first to see it. That's why I'm here,” explained Neville.

“You brought the experiment here,” gasped Hannah.

Neville shrugged. “It's where you are,” he said simply.

Hannah stared at him. “And that's why I haven't heard from you all week? This experiment?”

Neville nodded sheepishly. “Twice Gran found me asleep in the greenhouse,” he admitted.

“Nev, it's not healthy,” sighed Hannah, giving in and doing what she had wanted to do since she'd seen him last night. She hugged him.

Neville closed his eyes as she hugged him. It was a warmth unlike anything he'd ever known. “I'm sorry,” he whispered. “I never meant to ignore you, or hurt your feelings. I would never do that.”

“I know,” said Hannah, gently, and she meant it. He had confided in her the years of bullying and what it had done to him. She had never seen him be mean to any living creature, and she knew it just wasn't in his nature. The Final Battle was the only exception, and in Hannah's opinion, the day that Neville's peers finally realised he was a man to be reckoned with. A man to admire. Her man.

“Will you have dinner with me tonight?” he pleaded softly.

Hannah bit her lip. She, Hermione and Ginny had made plans for dinner and then the fun fair, but she was sure they'd understand if she didn't make dinner. Perhaps they could all meet up at the fun fair later?

“I'd love to,” said Hannah.

“Perfect. May I escort you back to your hotel?” he asked.

Hannah nodded. Neville beamed, and all was right in their world.

/*/*/*/*

Hermione sighed in regret as she ran her fingers down the spine of some of literacy's great classics. 'Jane Eyre', 'To Kill a Mockingbird', 'Pride and Prejudice'. She hadn't read them for so long. 'The Old Man and the Sea', anything Shakespeare. Where was her favourite, 'Sense and Sensibility'?

“Looking for this?”

Hermione turned around to see Ron lounging against the bookshelf at the end of her aisle. He was holding a copy of 'Sense and Sensibility'.

“How did you-what are you doing here?” she hissed, walking towards him.

Ron smiled that crooked smile of his that she loved so much. “I figured I'd find you here, sooner or later. As for this,” he gestured to the book, “after all this time, there's not much about you I don't know. It's your favourite.”

Hermione took the book off him, reading the synopsis on the back, even though she knew it already by heart. “Yes, it is,” she smiled softly.

“So, I borrowed it for you,” he said.

Hermione gasped. “But...you can't. You're not a member”

“I joined up,” said Ron, showing her his membership card, “ and I already did.”

“But, how will you return it, when I'm finished reading it?” she asked.

Ron moved to take her in his arms. “I guess we'll have to come back for another weekend. Just us this time,” he said, before he kissed her.

“Ahem, that sort of behaviour is not tolerated in this library. I shall have to ask you to leave...immediately,” said the librarian, haughtily. She had just known he was going to be trouble when he'd joined up.

“Apologies, Ma'am. My brilliant girlfriend would like to browse awhile. I promise to leave straight away, if you'll just let her stay,” implored Ron.

The woman looked at Hermione, sniffed and nodded. Ron smiled and nodded, but made no move to leave. “Well?” she asked haughtily.

“Oh, sure, sorry. I just need to say goodbye,” said Ron.

The woman rolled her eyes and walked off. “One minute,” she warned.

Hermione giggled as Ron wiped the pretend sweat off his brow. “Can't have you banned from a library now, can I?” he asked, rhetorically. “'Mione, will you have dinner with me tonight. Please?”

Hermione hesitated. She did have plans with Hannah and Ginny for dinner, and then to go to the fun fair, but she was sure the other two would understand if she ditched them. Perhaps they could all meet at the fun fair later? She nodded.

Ron stepped forward and cupped her cheeks in his hand and kissed her. Hermione kissed him back, any doubts forgotten about right then and there.

“Young man!” It was the librarian, again.

“I'm going,” Ron told her. He looked back at Hermione. “Ill meet you in the hotel lobby at six? Here.” He thrust his membership card in her hand. “You know you're going to find a few books here you haven't yet read.”

Hermione nodded, almost laughing as the librarian took hold of Ron's shirt and proceeded to steer him to the door. Ron was walking backwards, as if he didn't want to take his eyes off her.

“I love you,” he called out.

Hermione flushed in pleasure, feeling everyone's eyes on her. It was then she noticed what he had in his hand. “My book!” she called.

Ron shook his head, hugging the book to him. “I'm hanging on to it, so I know you'll come to see me. I might even read it while I'm counting down to seeing you for dinner.”

A couple of teenagers sighed. “Oh, that is so sweet.”

The librarian had him at the door now. “Out!” she pointed, just in case he missed where the door was.

Ron bowed to her, but turned back and pointed to Hermione. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.”

Hermione felt a thrill run through her like never before. Ron had just quoted Jane Austen to her, in front of many others.

“OUT!” yelled the librarian.

Ron put his finger to his lips. “Ssshhh,” he whispered to her, then he winked at Hermione and left.

Hermione felt all giddy and in a daze. She saw the two teenagers wander past her. “Oh my, that was the most romantic thing I ever saw. She is one lucky lady!”

Hermione smiled to herself and leaned against the bookshelf, exactly where Ron had been when she first saw him.

Her Ronald might not be the most romantic guy in the world, but when he made an effort, well, he deserved an O for outstanding!



Reviews 74
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear