Search:

SIYE Time:9:43 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where the Girls Are
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 74
Summary: Ron and Neville are in trouble with their girls, and Harry is trying to find a time to tell Ginny how he really feels. But the girls have gone away for the weekend. The only thing for the boys to do is go-where the girls are. Fun and fluff ahead, canon couples..
Hitcount: Story Total: 23067; Chapter Total: 2933





Author's Notes:
Super shout out to the Validators, particularly GHL, for a super fast turn around on getting the chapters posted. Much appreciated by me and the readers, I'm sure. xx




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“You what?” cried Ginny, staring at her two friends. “Both of you!”

“Sorry,” they shrugged as they continued dressing. Hermione was fiddling with her earrings, and Hannah was playing with hairstyles.

“What do you think, up or down?” she asked them, showing them both.

“Up,” said Hermione, not really looking as she changed her earrings for the third time.

“Down,” sighed Ginny, flopping on her bed. She picked up the menu. “Let's see what I can get from room service,” she said, shooting the other two an annoyed look.

“You could still have dinner with Harry,” suggested Hermione.

“I thought we were all having dinner with Harry,” said Ginny.

“We'll meet up at the fun fair,” reasoned Hannah. “It sounds like a blast.”

“Yes, Ginny, Ronald and I will meet you there,” agreed Hermione.

“You promise,” said Ginny. “This was meant to be a girl's weekend away, remember.”

Hermione and Hannah exchanged guilty looks. “You're right. We're sorry. Do you want us to cancel our dinner plans.”

“No,” sighed Ginny. “It's actually really nice that the guys came after you. Ron wants to talk, and Nev wants to show you his experiment, whatever it is, so you should go. I'll have dinner with Harry, and we'll meet you guys at the fun fair,” she said glumly.

“No need to hold back your excitement on our account,” giggled Hannah.

“You had fun this afternoon with Harry, didn't you?” asked Hermione.

Ginny nodded. “Yeah. It was nice to see him so carefree. You know, it's the first time he's been to the beach,” she said wistfully.

“I bet you're glad you were able to share that with him,” said Hermione, gently.

“I bet there's a few other 'firsts' Ginny would like to share with Harry,” teased Hannah.

Ginny scowled at her and Hermione, who was trying not to laugh. “Go, get out of here. But watch out when we're on the dodgems at the fun fair. I'm coming for you first, Hannah Abbot.”

Hannah pretended to shake in fear, then laughed. “Fair warning,” she said, picking up her purse. “Have fun with Harry,” she called, waving her fingers as she left.

She missed seeing the finger Ginny waved back at her. “Ginny!” admonished Hermione. She picked up her wrap and drew it over her shoulders.

“You look lovely,” said Ginny, standing and going to the mirror to brush her hair before putting it up in a ponytail. She turned to follow Hermione out the door.

Hermione hesitated. “Is that what you're wearing?” she asked.

Ginny glanced down at her denim shorts and one of Ron's Chudley Cannon's tee shirts. “Sure, we'll probably just get fish and chips to eat on the beach.” She put her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes. “Why? Not good enough for Harry?”

“No, well, perhaps a different top,” suggested Hermione nervously. “Or not,” she added hastily, as Ginny opened her mouth to vent.

The two left their room and headed downstairs. Harry and Ron were waiting for them.

“Hermione, you look beautiful,” said Ron, handing her a rose.

“Thank you, Ronald. Yellow roses are my favourite,” said Hermione, sniffing the heavenly scent.

“Hi, Gin,” said Harry.

“Hey, see you got a bit sunburn there, Harry,” said Ginny.

“Rub it in, why don't you,” grumbled Harry.

“Well obviously you didn't. Rub it in-the sunscreen. Get it!” explained Ginny, chortling as she did.

Harry scowled.

Ron and Hermione watched the two in amusement. “Okay, well you two try and have a fun evening,” said Ron, taking Hermione's arm and threading it through his.

“We'll see you later,” called Ginny, as they walked away.

“What did she mean by that?” asked Ron, “See you later?”

“I told her we'd see them later at the fun fair,” said Hermione.

“I don't think that's going to happen, love,” said Ron, shaking his head.

“What? Why?” asked Hermione.

Ron tapped his nose. It was his way of saying she didn't need to know-yet. “Hold on,” he said, looking around for any Muggles. As she wrapped her arms around his waist, he Apparated them away. Once they had arrived, they continued walking, looking at the new area with interest. Finally Ron stopped. “We're here,” he said.

Hermione gasped. “But Ronald, this is 'Six', one of the most popular restaurants in Brighton. I doubt we'll get in without a reservation.”

“Lucky I made a reservation, then,” winked Ron, smiling as the maitre'd approached them. “Booking for Weasley, for two,” he said.

The man checked his book and nodded. “Very good, sir. Please, follow me.”

He led them to an intimate dining room, with greenery on the ceiling. “Oh, this is lovely,” gushed Hermione, as a waiter seated her.

The maitre'd nodded his thanks. “I shall leave you in Peter's capable hands. I hope you enjoy your evening.” He half bowed and walked off.

Peter stepped up to the table. “Good evening. Is this your first visit to 'Six'?”

Ron and Hermione nodded.

Peter smiled in welcome. “Then may I suggest you start with a drink. We serve our own brewed craft beers, which are made and imported from a small village outside of Ghent, in Belgium. Or perhaps a cocktail for the lady?”

“I'd like to try one of those beers, thank you,” said Ron. “Hermione?”

“Perhaps a white wine,” said Hermione. “Nothing too sweet.”

Peter smiled in acknowledgement. “Our wines are very good, and I think you'd like a nice organic Pinot Grigio,” he said.

“That sounds lovely,” beamed Hermione.

Peter nodded. “I shall go place your drink orders and return with menus. If there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to beckon me,” he said, before leaving them alone.

“Ronald, this is all so lovely,” said Hermione.

“You deserve the best,” said Ron, reaching over to take her hand.

She beamed back at him, and their night was off to a good start.

/*/*/*/*

“That was a delicious meal,” sighed Hannah, as Neville paid the bill and they walked out of the 'Camelford Arms'. “Best steak and ale pie I ever tasted. I should put that on the menu at the Leaky, “ she said.

“My steak was cooked to perfection,” agreed Neville. “I think the last decent meal I had was actually at the Leaky, last time I was there.”

Hannah sighed as she threaded her arm through his. “Nev, that was probably ten days ago. This experiment has really got to you, hasn't it?” she asked.

Neville nodded. “I want it to be perfect,” he said, steering her toward the beach. “Shall we take a quick stroll along the beach.”

“A quick stroll?” asked Hannah, disappointed.

Neville glanced at his watch. “Yep, a quick one. Then, it will be time.”

Time for what?” asked Hannah.

Neville shot her a grin. “You'll see.”

/*/*/*/*

“How's your steak?” asked Hermione, as she lay down the fork next to her empty plate.

Ron shot her a look. “So good,” he said, after he had swallowed the last bite. “Don't think I could eat another mouthful.”

Peter materialised seemingly out of nowhere to collect their empty plates. “I hope everything was to your satisfaction.”

“My Ravioli al Gorgonzola was delicious,” nodded Hermione.

“Steak was too, mate,” agreed Ron.

“Very good. Would you like some more water for the table?” asked Peter.

“Yes thank you,” said Hermione.

Peter bowed and left.

“How about a walk along the beach? Nice and romantic,” grinned Ron.

“Sounds perfect,” sighed Hermione.

Ron signalled for the bill.

/*/*/*/*

“This is really exciting. I'll be the first one to see your experiment,” said Hannah, as Neville led her to his room.

“I hope you'll like it,” said Neville, nervously. He opened the door and gestured for her to go inside. “Don't go into the bathroom, okay?”

“Okay,” giggled Hannah, nervously. She went inside, and Neville flipped the Do Not Disturb sign onto the door knob, then went inside.

“You have a room to yourself?” asked Hannah. “I'm sharing with the girls.” She reminded herself to ask Neville about meeting Harry and Ginny at the fun fair.

“I needed the room for my experiment,” explained Neville. He took Hannah's hand and led her to the bed. “Sit, please.”

Hannah sat on the edge of the bed. Neville looked extremely nervous, and for the first time, Hannah felt unsure. Was he breaking up with her?

“I've been working on a particular rose, trying to change the colour and the scent. It's been very time consuming, and again, I want to apologise if I haven't spent time with you this last week,” he said. “It's at a crucial stage; about to open its petals.”

“Nev, it's fine, I-”

“Hannah, please, let me finish,” interrupted Neville. He sat next to her on the bed and took her hands in his. “I've been wanting a way to show you how important you are to me. You've changed my life, Hannah. I-I love you,” he admitted, for the first time.

Hannah stared at him, with tears in his eyes. “I love you, too,” she said, knowing it was the truth.

There was an immediate relief in saying the words and hearing them said back to him. He loved, and was loved. Neville took her in his arms and kissed her passionately for several minutes.

He finally broke apart from her, albeit reluctantly. “As nice as this is, we need to stop for now.” He glanced at his watch and gulped. “It's time.” He stood and offered her his hand. She took it and stood.

Together, they headed for ...the bathroom?

/*/*/*/*

“Aren't we lucky to have something as lovely as Brighton so close to London,” said Hermione, as they walked along the beach. It was a perfect summer evening, and the sounds of the fun fair were close by. Hermione wondered if Harry and Ginny were already there.

“It's a great place. Imagine bringing kids here,” chuckled Ron.

“Oh, we should come back with Teddy,” said Hermione.

“I meant our kids, Hermione,” said Ron.

“What?” gasped Hermione, turning to face him. She looked confused as she saw Ron kneeling in the sand. “Ronald, what are you doing?”

Ron pulled a small box out of his pocket. “Hermione Jean Granger, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”

For once, Hermione's brilliant mind wasn't working as well as it usually was. “What?”

Ron chuckled. “I can't begin to imagine a life, my life, without you by my side, always. What do you say, Hermione? We've been through hell together, and survived. Marriage should be a piece of cake after all that, right?” grinned Ron.

“Are you comparing marriage to the war?” asked Hermione, aghast.

“Are you going to leave me hanging down here?” asked Ron, teasing.

Hermione looked into his earnest blue eyes. Despite his facade, she knew that deep down, his ultimate fear was her rejection. She leaned down to cup his face in her hands and kiss him. “I would be proud to be your wife,” she said tenderly.

He stood so quickly she stumbled backwards. He grabbed her to steady her, then hugged her. He picked her up, swinging her around and around. She laughed. “Stop, I'm giddy,” she giggled.

He slowed her down, stopping eventually to kiss her again. “I love you, 'Mione,” he said with so much emotion it brought tears to her eyes.

“I love you too Ronald,” she said.

He took her hand and slid the ring on her finger. “I hope you like it.”

She gasped; it was perfect, exactly what she would have picked. Not too big, perfect for her delicate hands. “It's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen,” gushed.

“ Good,” sighed Ron, in relief. “I've been asking everyone for their opinion. I had lunch with your mum and mine, and then I thought to ask Lavender, you know her parents own a jewellery shop, they were all really helpful.”

“That's why you had lunch with her last week,” guessed Hermione.

“You saw us? Damn, I was lucky you didn't guess straight away. Lavender took it to get some magical modifications to it,” said Ron.

“And Padma and Parvati?” asked Hermione.

“Party planners. Erm, I have a booking for a room for our engagement party,” admitted Ron.

“That sure of me, were you, Ronald?” teased Hermione.

“Hell no, but this place was hard to get,” said Ron. “It's the Central Library in Manchester.” He hoped he had done the right thing.

“But...Ron, that's...oh, I love you,” said Hermione, practically leaping on him.

He stumbled backwards, not ready for her. They fell to the soft sand. “So...I did...good? he muttered, in between kisses.

“You...did...brilliant,” said Hermione, in between kisses.

They continued kissing for several more minutes. “Get a room,” giggled someone, walking past.

“She's got the right idea. Let's get out of here,” said Ron, his voice thick with desire.

“My room...now,” said Hermione. “It's closer.”

Ron helped her up, and holding hands, the two practically sprinted from the beach.

Any thoughts of meeting Harry and Ginny were gone from Hermione's organised mind.

/*/*/*/*

“It's beautiful,” gasped Hannah, then clapped her hands over her mouth. It seemed wrong to speak so loudly.

“It's okay,” chuckled Neville, but he, too, spoke softly. “It's the second most beautiful thing in this room right now.”

“Nev,” sighed Hannah. She sniffed appreciatively. “What is that fragrance? I know it, I just can't place it?”

“It's you, Hannah. I made this rose for you, in fact, I'm calling it the 'Hannah' rose. This fragrance, your fragrance, is my Amortentia. This rose is YOU,” said Neville.

“Neville,” said Hannah, deeply touched. “It's a tremendous honour. Wait, is that how the ladies at the garden show knew about me?”

Neville nodded sheepishly.

Hannah took his hand. “We'll have to let them know about the success of your experiment.”

“Look, more petals are opening,” said Neville.

They sat and watched as the last petals opened. It truly was a magnificent rose, such a deep dark purple it was nearly black. The scent in the bathroom was heavenly.

“That's it,” said Neville, taking the last photo. “A success.” He sighed in satisfaction.

Hannah took his hand and led him out to the bedroom. “You are brilliant,” she said, kissing him. She began to undo the buttons on his shirt.

“Wait, please. One more thing, then we can, erm, go to bed,” said Neville. “Would you...geez, this is tough...would you consider moving into Longbottom Manor with me?” he asked.

Hannah stopped and stared at him. “Move in...with you?”

Neville nodded. “And my Gran, of course, but she has said we can have the east wing to ourselves,” he quickly said.

“The wing your parents stayed in,” stated Hannah. He had showed it to her before.

Neville nodded. “Or, if that's too weird, we can have the west wing. We can re-model as we want. Gran is downstairs permanently now,” he reminded her.

“Nev, I'd love to move in with you-and your Gran,” said Hannah, tearfully. She had always got on well with Augusta Longbottom.

“Really? That's great, that's...whoo, great,” said Neville, breathing easier. “Now, where were we?”

“Right about here,” grinned Hannah, unbuttoning his shirt.

“Oh yeah, you're right,” sighed Neville, as her lips found that sweet spot under his jaw. He tried to get her top off, but it was too hard with her mouth attached to his body.

“Use...your...wand,” gasped Hannah, needing to be naked as soon as possible. Any thoughts on meeting Harry and Ginny left Hannah's mind as soon as Neville's lips touched hers.

“Good idea,” groaned Neville, as her hands slid into his pants.

“Nox,” he said, once he had both Hannah and himself naked. The room was plunged into darkness.

There wasn't much talking after that.










Reviews 74
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear