Search:

SIYE Time:7:01 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where the Girls Are
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 74
Summary: Ron and Neville are in trouble with their girls, and Harry is trying to find a time to tell Ginny how he really feels. But the girls have gone away for the weekend. The only thing for the boys to do is go-where the girls are. Fun and fluff ahead, canon couples..
Hitcount: Story Total: 22958; Chapter Total: 2718







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry woke next morning, surprised he had slept so well. Ginny was wrapped around him and it felt...good. Better than good, it felt great.

Ginny mumbled something and moved, suddenly making Harry aware that certain body parts of his were aligning quite nicely with very different, very female body parts of hers. This caused an immediate reaction in his body, which, even in slumber, Ginny became aware of.

“Mmmm,” she moaned, wriggling against him.

“Not helping, Gin,” he whispered.

“Harry?” she asked, sleepily. Merlin, it was the sexiest sound he had ever heard.

“Morning,” he said, huskily. “Feeling better?”

“Mmmm,” she said again. She stilled. “I feel good.”

'She did, she really did!' he thought.

“Morning,” she said, her hand caressing his hipbone. She rolled on her side to face him.

He ran a hand down her cheek. “I've never woken up with anyone before, but...it's kind of nice...with you.”

Ginny smiled softly. “I thought it might be weird, sharing a bed...but I think I had the best night sleep ever,” she said.

Harry smiled in understanding. “Gin, can we talk? Before...anything else?”

“Sure, but would you mind if I jumped in the shower first?” asked Ginny. Glancing at the clock, she saw it was well after nine o'clock.

“Of course,” said Harry. “I'll get dressed and we can-”

“Don't you dare,” interrupted Ginny. She blushed at his surprised look. “I mean, is the talk going to be bad?”

“No,” said Harry.

“Good, then I'll shower and come back to bed. We'll talk, then snog, then...well, we'll see,” grinned Ginny.

Harry leaned over and kissed her. “Don't be long,” he said.

“You could come with me,” offered Ginny, being daring. At his surprised look, she tilted her head cheekily. “Too soon?”

“Little bit,” grinned Harry.

She kissed him quickly. “Be right back,” she whispered, then jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom. Harry heard the shower being turned on.

He lay back in bed, feeling perfectly content right now. However, in a few minutes he was going to tell Ginny everything. He waited for that familiar feeling of worry, but it never came. Instead, again, he felt...right.

There was a knock at the door. Harry frowned and got out of bed, shrugging on a tee shirt. He grabbed his wand and undid the locking charms he had cast last night. “Who is it?” he asked cautiously.

“It's Ron. Remember me, your room mate,” said Ron, sarcastically.

Harry snorted. “Thought you traded me in last night for your girlfriend,” he called out.

“Harry, just open the damn door,” said Ron.

Harry opened the door a fraction. “Morning. Nice to see you dressed. Last time I saw you, you were-”

“All right, all right,” sighed Ron. “You going to let me in, or what?”

Harry hesitated.

“Harry, are you coming back to bed?” called Ginny.

Harry looked at Ron, who's face was turning red. “It's not what you think, Ron.”

“You don't want to know what I think, right now,” said Ron, trying not to blow his top.

“I'm ready, Harry,” called Ginny. Harry's face paled.

“Ready for what, Potter,” hissed Ron.

“Come on, Harry. I can take it,” said Ginny.

Harry had never seen Ron turn that particular shade of purple before. “Ron, I-”

“Oh, hi Ron,” said Ginny, appearing behind Harry. She had just come out of the shower and only had a towel around her. As she was standing behind Harry, it appeared to Ron that she was naked.

Ron's mouth gaped open, and he tried to speak but no words were coming out. He looked like a fish.

“I'm glad you're here, here's your bags,” said Ginny, handing them to Harry to hand to Ron.

“We're not leaving till this evening,” protested Ron. “I came to invite you both to brunch with all of us. Just didn't expect...this,” he said, gesturing to them both.

“Put the bags in Hermione's room. Help yourself to the fairy floss. We'll see you later,” called Ginny.

“How about drinks at four,” called Ron, as Harry began to close the door.

“Maybe,” called Ginny, as Harry shut the door. He turned to look at her, and they grinned at each other.

“”Let's indulge and order room service,” said Harry. “I know you'll need food.”

Ginny waited for her stomach to rebel, but it had settled. “Sounds good,” she said, and they perused the menu before Harry placed their order. Ginny put on Harry's tee shirt again, then looked at him.

“Can we start talking before the food gets here?” asked Ginny, nervously.

He took her hand and led her to the bed. She sat on one and Harry sat on the other, facing each other.

Harry took a breath. “I'm sorry if I seemed so closed off to you after the battle,” he started.

Ginny was surprised. She hadn't expected him to talk about that. “No,” she replied, shaking her head. “It's fine, I understood.”

Harry smiled sadly. “I doubt it. I kept my distance from you...because I needed you so much. Too much.”

“I wanted to help you,” she said. “I hadn't seen you, or talked to you, in nearly a year.”

Harry nodded. “Before I knew it, you were back at Hogwarts, so I wrote you a letter. It was just supposed to be a simple letter, but before I knew it, I had spilled so much of my thoughts to you. Surprisingly, it helped me,” he said.

“It did?” she asked. When he nodded, she smiled tenderly. “I'm glad. I hated to leave home without us really talking, but I didn't want to push you. When I received your letter, I was so surprised by how much you opened up to me.”

“I wanted you to know, to understand. Why I did what I did, the choices I made. I just knew I could tell you everything. I wanted to tell you everything. Everything, Ginny,” he said solemnly.

“You were so open, Harry. Your parents, Dumbledore, the Dursleys. Even...Cho, and me,” she said.

Harry nodded. “Everything.”

A knock at the door interrupted their conversation. “Room service,” said Harry, making Ginny realise she was really hungry.

They ate without talking, but it was a companionable silence. Then Harry joked about Ron's appearance, and how he'd walked in on both Ron and Neville with their girls last night.

At Harry's question as to whether she'd finished, Ginny nodded. Harry took her tray and put it outside. Ginny lay on her bed, wondering what else Harry would tell her. To her surprise, he came to her bed, and lay next to her. He picked up her hand, threading their fingers together.

“I'm seeing a counsellor,” he admitted softly. “Writing to you about my thoughts really helped; actually seeing it written down in black and white. Then, when I started to have doubts about continuing with the Aurors, I spoke to your dad. He was the one who suggested I go to counselling, and he and Bill found me someone to talk to.”

“Is it helping?” asked Ginny.

Harry looked up at her. “Yeah, it's helped a lot, particularly about my life before I came to Hogwarts.”

“The Dursleys,” said Ginny quietly.

Harry nodded. “I needed to deal with it all, myself. I wanted, no, needed to be the best man I could be, for you,” he said. “For a chance for there to be an us.”

Ginny smiled softly. “You look...at peace,” she noted.

Harry smiled. “I told my counsellor all about you. It was his idea to write things down, get my thoughts out. When I told him I'd been writing to you about it all, he was surprised. Said it was pretty intimate to tell somebody everything about my life.”

“It was. It is,” said Ginny.

Harry ran his fingers through her hair. “I told him there was nobody I trusted more with my thoughts. You are the most important person to me, Ginny,” he said.

“Harry,” whispered Ginny, touched at his confession.

“I wanted to tell you before we...well, take that next step. I want you to be my girlfriend, I want us to be together. Do-do you, Ginny?” he asked, hesitantly.

“Yes. Yes, of course I do,” said Ginny, leaning her face against his hand. “Those few weeks at Hogwarts with you meant everything, Harry. The memories sustained me through that horrid year without you, and even when you seemed closed off after the battle, I knew, I just knew, my Harry was in there still,” she said, running her hand over his chest and laying it against his heart.

“Your Harry,” he repeated. “I want to be your Harry,” he said, tenderly.

“You are-forever and always,” she said.

They leaned in to each other and kissed gently; easily. “You make it easy to be me,” he whispered. “Just me...just Harry.”

Ginny gently stroked his hair off his forehead, exposing the two decade old scar. Her fingers traced it, then she leaned over to kiss it. She kissed his nose, his chin, his lips.

“I happen to love just Harry. Every part of you,” she said, her eyes blazing.

Harry gulped. “Love? You-you love me?”

Ginny nodded slowly. She hadn't meant to say it out loud already. “Too soon?” she asked, nervously.

Harry shook his head. “Never too soon,” he whispered. “I've just never had anyone say it to me before.”

Ginny lifted his chin so she could look him in the eye. “I love you,” she said clearly, “and I will tell you every day, and show you in every way, for as long as you'll let me,” she said.

“Forever and always,” he chuckled, repeating her own words back to her.

“Starting now,” grinned Ginny. “Besides, you owe me a snog.”

“So I do,” grinned Harry. “Come here,” he enticed.

Ginny wriggled an inch closer. “You mean, here?”

“Closer,” said Harry.

Ginny threaded her legs through his and inched a little bit closer. “Here?”

“Closer,” he repeated.

Ginny lay so close to him, she swore she could feel his heart pounding under his tee. She lay her arm over his waist, bring their bodies flush against each other. “Here?”

He kissed her. Love, lust, passion; it was all there. And while Ginny knew it may take Harry time to say the words back to her, he showed her, with his body, with his actions, how much he loved her.

It was more than enough, for now.
Reviews 74
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear