Search:

SIYE Time:3:34 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Where the Girls Are
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 74
Summary: Ron and Neville are in trouble with their girls, and Harry is trying to find a time to tell Ginny how he really feels. But the girls have gone away for the weekend. The only thing for the boys to do is go-where the girls are. Fun and fluff ahead, canon couples..
Hitcount: Story Total: 23066; Chapter Total: 2387





Author's Notes:
Here is the last chapter, hope you enjoyed it!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry and Ginny didn't make it to drinks at four, or even appetisers at five. They did join the other four in the hotel dining room at five, in time for one last meal together.

Naturally they endured a lot of teasing about spending the day locked in their hotel room. Despite the grinning and blushing, all they would admit to was that they were finally a couple.

It was yet another reason to celebrate. Hermione and Ron told them about their engagement, and Neville and Hannah shared their happy news of moving in together.
Neville called for a bottle of champagne, and they all toasted each other.

“You know, this has really been a life changing weekend for us all,” he said.

“We should come back every year, all of us,” said Hermione.

“Oh yes,” agreed Hannah. “Maybe we could ask Luna, too.”

“Oh, and Ernie and his boyfriend, Bert. Harry, you never did finish explaining about them,” said Ginny.

“Ernie Macmillan is gay?” asked Neville.

“I KNEW it!” cried Hannah. She turned to Ginny. “Who's the guy-Bert?”

“I don't know. I think they live together on some street, what was it called, Harry?” asked Ginny.

“Sesame Street,” said Harry, winking at Hermione. She almost choked on her drink as she snorted with laughter.

“I think I've heard of that. Some of the women with kids that come in the Leaky have mentioned it,” said Hannah, nodding.

“Really? Maybe there's a school or something there. We should find out where it is,” said Ginny. She looked at Harry. “Do you know where it is?”

Harry grinned and looked at Hermione. “Hermione, a little help?” Together, they sang, “Let me tell you how to get, how to get to Sesame Street.” Then they started laughing.

“That's cute,” said Hannah. She looked back at Ginny. “You know, Ernie had lunch at the Leaky the other day, with some cute guy. That must be him, this Bert.”

“No, you see,” began Hermione, trying to explain.

“Ooh, what did he look like?” asked Ginny to Hannah.

“Blonde, wavy hair. Taller than Ernie,” said Hannah.

“Nope, that's not Bert. Bert is the shorter one, with black hair,” said Harry.

“You've seen them together?” asked Ron.

“No, but-look, they're not real. They're characters,” said Harry.

Ginny looked doubtful. “I wouldn't call Ernie Macmillan a character, Harry. Unless this Bert brings it out in him. I've always thought he was a bit of a stiff, actually.”

“Imagine trying to explain Oscar, the Grouch, to them,” laughed Hermione, to Harry.

“Who's Oscar?” asked Ron, totally confused.

“Isn't he the new driver on the Knight Bus?” asked Hannah, looking at Harry to confirm. “I've heard he's really grumpy!”

Harry and Hermione groaned. “Forget it,” they chorused. “Let's just agree to come back to Brighton next summer, all of us. Except Bert, Ernie or Oscar,” said Hermione, winking at Harry.

“I'll go one better than that,” said Ron. “Let's agree to come back in ten years time...with our kids!”

“Our kids,” toasted the three couples, grinning at their partners.

The meals came then, and they teased Ron when he couldn't finish his meal. Turns out he had eaten the rest of the fairy floss during the afternoon on the beach. Hermione had read her library book. Hannah and Neville had paid a final visit to the ladies at the garden show, to tell them of the success of Neville's rose experiment.

“Good, I never want to see that stuff again,” said Ginny, patting her stomach.

“I bet you'll buy some tomorrow,” grinned Harry.

“Tomorrow?” asked Hannah, looking between the two.

Ginny nodded. “Harry and I are staying for a couple of extra days. Harry is going to bring Teddy here tomorrow,” she said.

“Oh, he'll love it,” gushed Hermione. She looked at Ron. “We never went to the Aquarium.”

“Next time,” promised Ron. He looked at his sister. “Why are your bags all packed up like ours, then?” he asked.

Harry answered for her. “We're changing rooms, so we packed our stuff up and brought it down. After dinner, we'll check into our new room,” he explained.

“None of you made it to the fun fair either,” reminded Ginny. She squeezed Harry's hand. “Thanks. Harry and I had the best time,” she teased.

Harry pulled out the photo from the ride they were on, and Ginny told them how she won the large lion for Harry. The other couples agreed that it sounded like fun, and they would come again, together.

“Well, we all seemed to manage okay without...magic,” said Hermione, lowering her voice at the last word.

Neville grinned. “Well, I did need to modify the bathroom a bit,” he said.

“I thought it was bigger than ours,” said Hannah.

“I may have discreetly used a sticking charm on the Rodeo Bull,” admitted Ginny. “What?” she asked, defensively at Hermione's disapproval. “ I wanted to win that lion for Harry. Griffin needed a new home,” she simpered.

Harry chuckled and shook his head.

“I, erm, may have have used a temporary Disillusionment charm at the beach, so I could propose in private,” said Ron.

“Ronald!” admonished Hermione. He kissed her quickly to shut her up.

Soon, it was time to say goodbye. Hannah and Neville left first, accepting offers to help Hannah move into Longbottom Manor the following weekend.

Hermione and Ron took an extra minute to say goodbye, and to endorse the new couple. “You're glowing, Ginny,” whispered Hermione in her ear as they hugged goodbye. “I'm so happy for you both.”

“You did good, Harry, whatever you did. I've never seen either of you look so happy,” she then whispered to Harry, hugging him too.

“I know it's what you've wanted, practically forever, Gin, so I'm happy for you. You deserve the best, and that's definitely Harry,” said Ron, gruffly, hugging her.

“You and Gin, you belong together,” admitted Ron. “But I don't want to see anything, or hear anything, understand?” He clapped Harry on the back.

“Hypocrite,” grinned Harry. “I saw plenty last night!”

“Harry Potter,” cried Hermione, flushing.

Ron laughed, slinging his arm around Hermione. “We'll see you home in a few days,” he said to them both.

Harry and Ginny watched them go. “Alone at last,” sighed Harry. “What say we check into our new room, then go for a moonlight stroll along the beach.”

“That sounds perfect,” said Ginny. “Perhaps we can discuss sex on the beach?”

“The drink?” asked Harry, confused.

“Not exactly,” said Ginny, leaning up to whisper in Harry's ear just exactly what she had in mind.

That night, Harry did, indeed, get sand in his crack.

But it was worth it.

/*/*/*/*

The couples did indeed return to Brighton often, in fact, Hannah considered it her favourite place away from home. Other friends and family joined them from time to time, relishing the chance to 'go Muggle' for a brief period of time.

As soon as they returned from one holiday, Hermione and Harry would pencil it on their calendars for the following summer. Harry did go on and become an Auror, and eventually the head of the department, but he was never happier than when he was with his wife, Ginny, and their three children.

For the next generation, a vacation to Brighton in the summer was a given, even if it was only for a long weekend. Many of the Weasley-Potter-Longbottom 'do you remembers' included some fun memory of a time at Brighton. Like the time the kids buried Uncle Ron in the sand, and he fell asleep. When he woke he found the kids had turned him into a sandy mermaid, complete with mer-breasts. A photographer, scouting local landmarks, snapped a photo and sent it to the local paper, and Ron was featured on page three. He framed it and hung it at home, always chuckling at the memory when he glanced at it. “Good times,” he'd say to himself.

Or there was the time Ginny and Hannah were sunbathing topless, face down. Cheeky three year old James ran off with their bikini tops, making Hannah sit up and cross her arms over her chest, calling after him. Ginny had no qualms about chasing her mischievous son up the beach, and when she caught him, she scooped him up and smothered him with kisses, before wading into the water with him. Harry, sitting nearby holding toddler Al, roared with laughter. The police didn't find it as amusing, though, and issued Ginny a written warning for public indecency, after a beach goer called them. It didn't bother Ginny, but became a keepsake that went into the family vacation photo album.

Harry and Ginny weren't surprised when Teddy, fourteen and Victoire, thirteen, shared their first kiss under the Brighton boad walk. Despite an off again, on again relationship over the next few years, they finally married and brought their children to Brighton.

Despite being regular visitors with their families in the summer, each couple took the time to slip away for a romantic weekend getaway some other time during the year. It was a chance to re-live that precious time in their life, of a freedom before kids, before more responsibilities in their chosen careers took priority.

A time of young love, with a future full of possibilities.

-end-



Reviews 74
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear