Search:

SIYE Time:13:47 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Dark Lord's Apprentice
By Loveobsession

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Intimate Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 127
Summary: “The one with the power to equal The Dark Lord approaches, born to those who have thrice defied him. He shall rise as the seventh month dies, and the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal and he shall raise him as his own. For together they have the power to overcome all who face them…”
Hitcount: Story Total: 54540; Chapter Total: 4350
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Hi All. A story that is quite different to anything I've read. Although it may not seem like it at first, it is indeed a Harry/Ginny story. Rated R for what is to come in later chapters.

I hope you all enjoy




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The Dark Lord's Apprentice


“The one with the power to equal The Dark Lord approaches, born to those who have thrice defied him. He shall rise as the seventh month dies, and the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal and he shall raise him as his own. For together they have the power to overcome all who face them…”

His cloak billowed around him as he appeared at the end of a dimly lit street, the distant sounds of fireworks and children laughing masking the ‘pop’ of his apparition. Pulling the hood of his cloak over his head, he turned his hard cold gaze towards the mid-sized cottage that stood in front of him. He walked purposely forward, opening the small gate with a flick of his wand. Through the living room window he caught sight of a black haired man laughing along with a red-haired woman as they held a young boy in their arms who was giggling happily.

‘Born to those who have thrice defied him….’

‘Foolish,’ Voldemort thought to himself. ‘Leaving themselves completely exposed. This won’t even be a challenge.’

Suddenly the black haired man glanced out of the window and stopped laughing abruptly, his face quickly transforming into a look of terror. He turned, thrusting the young boy into his mother’s arms and ushering them out of the room.

Voldemort smiled, his face twisting menacingly beneath his hood as he did so.

‘It is too late Potter, you foolish man,’ he thought to himself. ‘There is no point in fleeing, you have failed.’

Voldemort drew his wand again as he approached the white front door. With a simple blasting charm, the door exploded inwards, splinters of wood flying through the air.

“Stay back!” James Potter shouted, his wand raised.

Voldemort stood over the threshold, causing James to cast a stunning spell at him. Raising his wand, Voldemort lazily blocked the feeble attempt.

“Get Harry upstairs Lily!” James shouted. “I’ll hold him off.”

This made Voldemort laugh. “Stand aside,” he commanded.

“I will NOT let you take my son,” James spat, firing a series of spells at him.

“As you wish,” Voldemort said, casting a powerful shield charm that absorbed his spells. He took pleasure from the look of fear in his foe’s eyes as he raised his wand.

“Avada Kedavra!” A flash of green light enveloped the father and his body crumpled before him, falling to the floor.

Stepping over his body, Voldemort ascended the stairs, the sounds of a mother desperately trying to comfort her son leading him to his prize.

Following the noise he found himself outside of a bedroom at the end of the hall. The words ‘Harry’s Bedroom’ were spelt out in colourful letters on the door. Flicking his wand, Voldemort opened the door to see Lily Potter place her now crying son into his cot before turning to face him, tears of her own falling freely down her cheeks.

“P-please,” she sobbed, “please don’t take my son. Take me instead.”

“Move aside, silly girl,” Voldemort said, his voice cold and uncaring. “You need not follow your husband in death.”

Tears fell more freely down Lily’s cheeks now. “Please!” she begged. “Leave Harry be!”

“Move aside!” Voldemort called, his patience failing.

When Lily made no effort to move, his patience snapped. “Avada Kedavra!”

The flash of green light enveloped her body, illuminating the walls of the small room, covering the colourful pictures that lined the walls in a ghastly green shadow that gave them a suddenly sinister look.

Levitating the woman’s body aside, Voldemort turned his gaze to the young boy in the cot who was looking up at him with tear-filled eyes.

Voldemort approached the cot and with a white, bony finger, brushed the boy’s fringe aside.

Harry looked up at him, confusion in his bright green eyes. “Dada?”

‘The dark lord shall mark him as his equal...’

Voldemort raised his wand and touched the tip to Harry’s forehead before muttering: “Ego potens sum, fratres mei vos, discipule. Serve me now.”

He traced his wand along Harry’s forehead delving a lightning shape cut into his skin. The baby screamed in pain as droplets of blood fell from his forehead onto the pumpkin Halloween costume he was wearing.
After finishing his incantation, Voldemort bent down and scooped the screaming baby into his arms.

‘…and he shall raise him as his own. For together they have the power to overcome all who face them…’

***


20 Years Later

Harry Potter Apparated with an almost inaudible pop in front of Malfoy Manor, opening his eyes as the familiar compression eased. His cold, dark green eyes surveyed the scene before him, always wary, always watching. It was a mild evening, considering it was mid-November, with a gentle breeze brushing gently over the picturesque shrubbery that surrounded the grounds of Malfoy Manor.

Sensing no immediate or obvious threat, Harry glanced down at his watch. It was 8:10pm. He was late.

Pulling the hood of his cloak back over his head, he made his way into the grounds up to the ornate, yet ominous looking metal door that led into the manor. Reaching into his pocket, Harry extracted his long, thin, black wand before placing the tip against the door, and returning his wand to his pocket. Muttering an incantation, the doors opened for him.

Stepping inside he paused, allowing his eyes to adjust to the change in lighting as he pulled back the hood of his cloak. Once his eyes adjusted, he glanced around the familiar hallway and, seeing no one to greet him, he made his way to the main dining room where the meeting was being held.

He looked along the walls as he walked, glancing at the old formal family portraits that hung proudly in their golden frames. As he approached the familiar oaken doors that opened onto the dining room, Harry sensed a figure skulking in the shadows nearby. He was about to reach for his wand, when the skulking figure emerged. It was Wormtail.

“Identify yourself,” Wormtail said, attempting to sound confident and authoritative, but the squeak in his voice giving away his naturally cowardly nature.

“Step aside, Wormtail,” Harry commanded, not stopping in his stride.

“Of course, Mr Potter!” Wormtail squeaked again, pushing the doors open for him before dashing out of his way.

Harry glanced around as he entered the room. It was almost as wide as it was long, with the line of family portraits continuing along the walls with a large ornate chandelier hanging low in the middle of the room, above the long dining room table. At this table sat the most important members of The Dark Lord’s inner circle, and every one of them had turned in their seats to look at the latecomer.

Glancing towards the head of the table, he saw The Dark Lord, to his left sat Severus Snape and, and to his right was an empty chair. His chair.

“Ah Harry,” Voldemort said, his snake like voice ringing through the silence. “You’re here.”

Harry nodded before making his way towards his designated chair, greeted by nods and mumblings of ‘Mr Potter’ as he walked.

“I apologise for my tardiness, My Lord,” Harry said confidently, returning some of the nods that came his way, only the nods that deserved to be returned. The members at the bottom of the table, he ignored. They did not matter and had no right to refer to him as anything other than Mr Potter. Only until he made it towards the top of the table did he bother to return the greetings, those of Lucius, Narcissa and Draco Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, and of course Severus Snape.

“Never mind, my boy,” Voldermort replied as Harry took his seat next to him. “Now we may begin the meeting. Lucius, you have news for us?”

“Indeed, my Lord,” Lucius said, pride evident in his voice. “Draco and I have managed to find the locations you requested. We now have the exact co-ordinates of the main households of the Prewetts, the Longbottoms, and the Weasleys.”

“Excellent,” Voldemort said. “You and Draco have begun to redeem yourselves after your past failures. I want those houses watched for the next week. I want to know exactly what wards are defending them and exactly who goes in and who goes out and at what times. Take more men if you need to. Once you have the required information, you will relay that information to Harry who will draw up the necessary plans, understood?”

“Of course my Lord.”

“And what of the Tonks household?” Voldemort asked.

“Ah, my Lord,” Bellatrix Lestrange purred. “There is no need, I know exactly where my little cousin and her family live. I shall have the location watched, nothing will happen there without my say so.”

Voldemort nodded his approval before turning to Yaxley.

“I trust you have some positive news from the Ministry for me, Yaxley?”

Yaxley gulped slightly before answering. “T-things are t-taking longer than expected, m-my Lord. We are currently working on a number of mid-level Aurors but-“

“You disappoint me, Yaxley,” Voldemort interrupted, his cold voice turning harder in his anger. “I expect a lot more progress by the end of the week or your role will be re-assigned and you, Yaxley, will no longer be of any use to me…understood?”

“Y-yes, my Lord. Of course.”

Voldemort nodded before standing at the head of the table and facing the group.

“The time of hiding in the shadows is over,” he announced, triumph and excitement in his voice. “The time for War has come!”

A roar erupted around the table as he spoke.

“Do as you are bidden, demonstrate your loyalty, and I shall lead you to glory!”

Another roar erupted.

“You are dismissed.”

Harry made to stand from the table when Voldemort held his arm in front of him.

“Except for you, Harry and you Severus.”

Glancing at each other, they both took to their seats again.

Voldemort turned to Severus first.

“Have you learned the new location of the Order of the Phoenix’s headquarters, Severus?”

Snape nodded. “I have, my Lord, although I am under the Fidelius Charm.”

“And Dumbledore is the secret keeper, I trust?” Voldemort asked.

Snape nodded.

Harry looked on as Voldemort nodded and thought for a moment. “Harry’s plan of targeting and eliminating the main families of the Order is a good one, but we will need to deal with dear Albus eventually. He still trusts you?”

“Implicitly,” Snape replied.

Voldemort nodded. “Remain at your post at Hogwarts for now. You will have no involvement in the attacks, you are too useful to me where you are.”

Snape nodded.

“You have done well, Severus. You are dismissed.”

Severus stood, nodded at Voldemort and Harry before walking briskly from the room, leaving Harry and Voldemort alone.

Harry sat patiently in silence as Voldemort thought, before finally he turned to him.

“It is time for you to come out into the open, Harry.”

‘Finally,’ Harry thought to himself.

“You are to plan and orchestrate these attacks. I want you on the frontline. It is time we spread fear into the heart of our enemies. You are to show no mercy. Understood?”

Harry nodded.

“Once Bella and the Malfoys have reported to you, you may choose whoever you need to orchestrate the attacks, relay that message to them.”

Harry nodded again.

“In fact, contact Greyback. There is no better weapon for instilling fear than a werewolf hungry for blood. I trust you won’t fail me, Harry.”

“No, my Lord. I won’t.”

Voldemort nodded. “Very well. You are dismissed.”

Harry stood from his seat and walked from the room, finding Draco Malfoy waiting for him.

“Harry,” Draco whispered, falling into step with Harry as he kept walking. “What did he tell you after we all left?”

“Nothing that concerns you, Draco.”

“C’mon Harry!” Draco urged, pulling at his sleeve.

Harry stopped abruptly at his touch and glared at him. Draco snatched his hand away instantly.

“S-sorry, I…” Draco spluttered, his eyes on the floor.

“Remember your place, Draco,” Harry said coldly.

“Of course,” Draco said, retreating from him. “I apologise.”

“I expect a full report from you in a week’s time,” Harry continued. “You should see this as an opportunity to redeem yourself.”

Draco nodded and Harry walked passed him, nodding his goodbyes to a few Death Eaters that had remained behind and were talking in the hallway, before stepping out into the cool night air.

Pulling up the hood of his cloak over his head, he glanced around quickly before Disapparating with a quiet crack into the night.

Reviews 127
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear