Search:

SIYE Time:7:19 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Things You do for Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Lily Potter
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 82
Summary: AU Harry is not the Boy-Who-Lived, there is no Potter prophecy. He has grandparents, parents and a sister he is very close to. When he overhears some devastating news about his grandmother, he turns to his best friend, Ginny Weasley, who offers her help.
Hitcount: Story Total: 35948; Chapter Total: 3150







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny kissed him back.

And it was wonderful, amazing, like no kiss either of them had ever had before.

Harry slowly pulled away, suddenly hesitant. This was Ginny, his best friend, his flat mate. He looked down at her, wondering about her reaction.

Ginny smiled, a soft smile. “Harry, it's okay,” she said simply. After all, this was Harry, her best friend, her flatmate.

And it was. Alright, that is.

“Oy, no snogging during snowball fights,” yelled Sirius, sending one their way. SLAM It hit its intended target, making both Harry and Ginny cry out.

“That's it, you're going down, Sirius!” yelled Harry. He stood, holding a hand out for Ginny to grab, to pull herself upright.

“I want a piece of that, too, Harry,” said Ginny, grimly.

“Get Uncle Siri,” clapped Teddy, then laughed as Tonks shoved some snow down Remus' shirt, making him cry out.

“Pity Frank's not here, it could have been the Marauders on to everyone else,” quipped Sirius.

“Someone needs to run the Auror department while I'm not there,” said James. Frank Longbottom was James' second in charge.

“Attack!” yelled Harry, and several snowballs came from every direction, some hitting Sirus and James.

“Hey, when did I get dragged into this?” said James.

“The moment you attacked your son,” teased Sirius.

“Oh yeah! Well, as Marauders, we have to fight back, it's our duty,” quipped James.

“Against a fellow Marauder?” asked Sirius, watching as Remus helped Teddy make a snowball.

James and Sirius looked at each other, then back to Remus. “Definitely!” they said together, and used their wands to send a barrage of snowballs to Remus.

“Oy,” he called, his hands covering his face as he walked towards them. “What happened to the Marauder's moral code — 'all for one, and one for all,” -

“-united we stand, divided we fall,” said James and Sirius, the three talking together.

“So, does this mean...?” James asked Remus, who nodded, and spun around, grinning.

“Attack!” James, Sirius and Remus yelled, as they pelted the others with magically cast snowballs.

“Shield charms!” yelled Harry, as he, Tonks and Ginny protected Teddy.

“Hey, guys, whats-? POW Rose, who had come out to see the snowman, caught a snowball right in the face - from her dad.

“Sorry, Rosie,” called James, but spoilt the apology by laughing.

Rose narrowed her eyes, looking uncannily like Lily at that moment.

“Daddy?” she asked sweetly.

“Yes, love?” asked James.

“ I love you, but you're going down!” said Rose, and the snowball fight started up again.

Nearly an hour later, they all trooped back inside Potter manor, wet and cold, and still verbally sparring. Sirius carried Teddy on his shoulders as the little boy explained to Rose about his visit to Santa.

“Honestly, grown men acting like children,” chastised Lily, as she cast drying and warming charms on them all. “You'll all come down with colds, and be ill for Christmas,” she said.

“Well, who won?” asked Monty, coming into the kitchen.

“We did, Grandpa, we did,” said Teddy, running to him. He picked Teddy up and threw him into the air, then sat him on his knee.

Everyone gathered round the table while Lily and Ginny brought out scones and hot chocolate for everyone. Jars of home made jams and honey, and a lovely dollop of freshly made whipped cream soon wet their appetites, and the food warmed their bellies.

Harry tried, but couldn't that kiss out of his head. It was made worse by Ginny having a spot of cream on the corner of her lip, and using her tongue to lick it away. He moaned at the thoughts running rampant in his mind.

“Harry, you're not getting sick, are you?” asked Lily, worriedly. She felt his forehead. Harry offered no protestations, knowing better than to fend his mother off.

“No, Mum, I'm fine,” he said, and couldn't help but look over at Ginny. She was looking at him, and when he caught her, she blushed and looked away. It felt like she knew what Harry had been thinking of, which made him flush.

“While everyone is here, Tonks and I have an announcement to make,” said Remus, taking Tonks' hand and squeezing.

“I'm gonna be a brother,” said Teddy, spoiling his parents big moment.

Lily cried out, rushing to hug Remus and Tonks. Everyone spoke at once, offering congratulations to the couple. Lily wanted details.

“Well, I'm two and a half months along, so this little one is due in June,” said Tonks.

“Oh, thank Merlin you won't have to go through the summer in your last few weeks. I knew I couldn't do another month, I practically wept when my waters broke,” laughed Lily.

“Hey Teddy, you're going to be a big brother,” said Harry.

But Teddy shook his head. “Uh-uh, I want a big brother, I don't wanna be the big brother.”

“It might be a girl,” suggested Rose.

Teddy sent her an exasperated look. “How can a girl be a big brother?” he asked, making James snicker. Lily shot him a look, which subdued James, making Sirius snicker. He looked innocently at Lily when she shot him the same look.

“But Teddy, you've already got a kind of big brother,” said Ginny, gently.

“I do?” asked Teddy.

Ginny nodded. “You've got Harry. He's a pretty good big brother, isn't he?” she asked.

“Harry's the best,” assured Teddy. He and Harry bumped knuckles.

“Now you get to be the same kind of big brother to your little brother or sister, that Harry has been for you,” said Ginny.

Teddy looked thoughtful. He looked at everyone, sitting around the table. “You'll still love me best, won't you?” he asked them.

Everyone immediately assured him that there was enough love in this family for Teddy and his new sibling, which appeased him. As did the slice of chocolate cake Aunt Lily set in front of him, kissing the top of his head as she did so.

“There's actually more news,” began Remus, when Sirius barked- “It's twins!”

Remus laughed and shook his head. “Monty, James and Lily, Tonks and I have appreciated you letting us stay in your cottage at Godric's Hollow, but today...” He drew in a deep breath.

“We bought a house,” blurted out Tonks, her happiness evident. “We signed the papers while you took Teddy for us this morning,” she said to Harry and Ginny. “Four bedroom, big yard. A fixer-upper, but this is it, our home for our growing family,” she said, running her hand over her small baby bump.

Their afternoon tea turned into a celebration for the Lupin family. Ginny excused herself to go to the loo, and when she was coming downstairs, she found Rose waiting for her.

“Hey, got a second?” asked Rose.

“For you, sure,” said Ginny, and she followed Rose into the family room. “Great news about Tonks and -”

“Is it true you and Harry are staying here till Christmas?” interrupted Rose.

“Ye-es,” said Ginny, slowly. When Monty had suggested it, Ginny only had to look at Harry to know he would agree. With Euphemia still upstairs in bed, Harry's concern was evident to no-one but her. She had promised him they were in this together, so she found herself agreeing as well.

“So your flat is empty?” asked Rose. Ginny nodded, wondering where she was going with this.

“One of my team mates has had a falling out with her family, and has nowhere to go for Christmas. Could we possibly stay in your flat while you're here?” asked Rose.

“I thought you were staying here, too,” said Ginny, in surprise.

Rose shrugged. “I was going to, but Stacey really needs me. I still plan to be here most days, I'll just spend my nights at the flat with her,” she said.

“Sure, I guess. As long as Harry's okay with it,” said Ginny. “We're heading there tomorrow to grab some clothes and stuff.”

“Thanks, Gin, you're the best,” said Rose, hugging her.

Harry reluctantly agreed, although he made it clear he wanted Rose to spend most of her time at the manor. Rose promised, as well as promising to leave the flat as tidy as she found it.

“Ha, I doubt it! Ginny knows cleaning charms like you wouldn't believe, thanks to her mum,” scoffed Harry.

“I hope that's not the reason you love her, Harry,” ribbed Rose.

“No, it's not,” said Harry, watching as Ginny sat colouring in with Teddy while talking with Sirius and Tonks.

“I think you may need hosing down, bro,” teased Rose. “Your glasses are getting all foggy,” she laughed.

“Yeah,” he breathed, still watching Ginny. He didn't even notice when Rose walked away, chuckling.

/*/*/*/*

“Is there a problem with the room, Master Harry?” asked Myron.

Harry and Ginny stared at the elephant in the room. A huge four-poster bed.

“No, no problem. Thanks, Myron, goodnight,” said Harry.

Myron bowed. “Goodnight to you, Master Harry, and to you, Miss Ginny. If you should need me, please just-”

“Thanks, Myron, we'll be fine,” said Harry, hurriedly.

Myron raised an eyebrow, and looked between the two. “Goodnight,” he said, and disappeared.

“So,” said Ginny, to break the silence after the house elf had gone,“left or right?”

“What?” gasped Harry. “You can't mean...you're not suggesting we share the bed, are you?” His heart was hammering, waiting for her reply.

Ginny walked around to sit on the edge. “It's quite large.” She bounced up and down. “Seems comfy. You can sleep where you like, I'm sleeping here,” she said, decisively.

“I'll just conjure up a bed of my own, there's plenty of room,” said Harry, looking around. With a wave of his wand, a replica of his bed at their flat appeared.

“Beg pardon, the Master-what is that?” asked Myron, looking disdainfully at Harry's bed.

“Sorry, Myron, Harry was missing his bed from home,” said Ginny, cheerfully. She lay on the large bed and settled back to see Harry squirm.

“Erm, yeah, I love my bed so much,” said Harry, shooting Ginny a 'help me' look, but she shook her head.

“Master Harry, I can assure you the beds here at Potter manor are most comfortable. I can practically gurantee you the best night sleep in that bed,” said Myron, stiffly, as if Harry had insulted him.

Ginny rolled onto her side, smiling saucily as she patted the space next to her. Harry gulped, as his mind showed other things he could do to ensure he had the best night in that bed. 'Stop it, it's Ginny,' he tried to tell his brain.

“It's okay, Myron, I'm sure this bed will be fine,” assured Ginny, shooting Harry a look as if to say, 'you're embarassing him!'

“Of course it will, sorry Myron,” apologised Harry, and he waved his wand to make the bed disappear.

“Very good, sir,” said Myron. He placed a tray on the dresser. “A nightcap from your grandfather. I'll not be bothering you again, unless you call for me. Goodnight,” he said, bowing again before he disappeared.

“Harry,” said Ginny, reproachfully.

“I know, it's just...are you sure, Gin?” he asked.

“It's a large bed, Harry. We've fallen asleep on the sofa together, let's pretend it's no different than that,” said Ginny.

“Yeah, sure,” lied Harry, running his hands through his hair. As if could after that kiss earlier.

“Harry, this is part of the deal, remember? You said it yourself, we might need to kiss and touch,” reminded Ginny.

“This is a bit more than that, Gin,” said Harry, waving at the bed.

“We're just sleeping, Harry,” said Ginny.

“I know, I know,” said Harry, hurriedly.

“So, left or right?” she repeated, sliding into the middle and spreading her arms wide.

Harry groaned internally.
Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear