Search:

SIYE Time:17:26 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Things You do for Love
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, James Potter, Lily Potter
Genres: Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 82
Summary: AU Harry is not the Boy-Who-Lived, there is no Potter prophecy. He has grandparents, parents and a sister he is very close to. When he overhears some devastating news about his grandmother, he turns to his best friend, Ginny Weasley, who offers her help.
Hitcount: Story Total: 36160; Chapter Total: 2994







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry half woke, enveloped in a delicious flowery fragrance. He nuzzled against something warm at his front, his hands feeling satiny skin and curves that fit his hands perfectly.

“Mmmmm.”

Harry woke, still not quite fully, but quite cognizant of where he was. He was spooning Ginny, his face close to the delicious scent of her hair. His hand seemed to have a mind of its own, as it drifted up to gently cup her breast.

“Mmmmm,” mumbled Ginny, rubbing her bottom against his rapidly growing lower body. Without meaning to, he rubbed back, his eyes closing at the sensations the friction their two bodies was causing.

“Gin,” he breathed, unable to stop himself planting a small kiss near the base of her neck, wishing it was her bare skin he was touching with his lips.

Ginny, still half asleep herself, turned, her mouth seeking his. His hand, now with more to play with, caressed her nipple. Their tongues tangled and her hand slid under his tee, toying with either going up as his had done, or going down. She chose down, and inched his pyjama bottoms down.

“Ginny,” he breathed again, just wanting to say her name over and over. His mouth left hers and kissed her cheek, her ear, her neck. He moved over her.

“Merlin, Harry,” she groaned, moving under him. “I-I...please, Harry,” she practically begged. She brought her knees up either side of him, trapping him.

His hand gently caressed her face. “I want you, Gin,” he said, softly.

She nodded. He searched her eyes for any doubts, but had to close his eyes as she took him in hand and guided him to her. “ I want you too, Harry,” she said, smiling gently at him.

He took her mouth as he entered her, and the sensation was nothing he had ever experienced before. She took him in, throwing her head back as he filled her. He kissed her exposed throat and the tops of her breasts as he slowly moved out, then thrust back in.

Her hands caressed his back and shoulders, her nails digging into his skin as he brought her to the edge. As he pushed harder, her eyes blazed in a way he'd never seen before. She gasped his name as she came, her release triggering his own.

She held him to her as they got their breath back, her hands lightly skimming his side and causing goosebumps to break out over his body. “Gin, I-”

POP “Master Fleamont wished me to tell you breakfast is to be served soon,” announced Myron grandly, only then taking his time to look at them. He quickly looked away, realising what he had interrupted. “Erm, when you are dressed, of course.” He couldn't get away quick enough.

Harry looked at Ginny, and they both chuckled. “Well, that was awkward,” said Harry.

“Not as awkward if he had popped in a minute earlier,” quipped Ginny.

Harry laughed, burying his face in her neck. She caressed his bare back.

He lifted his head. “Are we okay?” he asked hesitatingly.

Ginny nodded, her hand sliding up his arm, his neck, to cup his cheek. “We're fine, Harry,” she said, gently.

He kissed her again, and she kissed him back. They got up to dress, albeit a bit shyly in front of the other, but finally they were ready to go down and face the family.

“Ready?” he asked, holding out his hand.

She nodded and took his hand. Together they went downstairs for breakfast.

/*/*/*/*

He was already in bed when she returned to their room that night. He lay on his side, facing away from her. He had no shirt on, just his pyjama bottoms.

Ginny got changed into a thin nightdress and climbed into bed. Okay, now it was awkward. She lay facing his back. “Harry?” she whispered, “are you awake?”

She'd been aware of his gaze on her all day, and it had driven her nuts. Then he'd disappeared upstairs to visit his gran, and hadn't reappeared.

He had a beautiful toned back, still showing a tan from last summer. Without thinking about it, she lay her lips against it, as her fingers found his hips and drew circles on his bare skin. Her lips continued across his back.

Suddenly his hand gripped hers to stop her. She moved back to allow him to turn over. He was wide awake and blushing as he faced her. “I didn't want to assume...” he started to say, but closed his eyes as her hand left his to caress his stomach and chest.

“Assume all you want, Harry,” she teased, and he grabbed her hips, bringing her flush against him.

She laughed a husky laugh that he'd never heard her do before. He watched in fascination as she threw a leg over and straddled him. His hands immediately settled on her hips as her hands continued exploring his chest. She was driving him crazy with need, and when her lips found his nubs he thrust up under her, letting her know how much he wanted her.

Ginny left his chest and kissed him. “Not yet, Harry. This morning was too rushed. We have all night,” she said, and she kissed him again, his mouth, his chin, his chest, his stomach, his abdomen. He sucked in a harsh breath as she disappeared under the covers, and then gasped as her lips found other, more pleasurable parts of him.

They loved long into the night, and next morning, after discreetly coughing before speaking, Myron returned to the kitchen to tell the senior Potters that the young master and Miss Ginny appeared to be sleeping heavily and likely would not be joining them for breakfast.

The pattern continued for the next few days. They would wake, make love, then join the family for breakfast. They would go their separate ways, as Harry went to the Ministry and Ginny, to Gringott's. They would meet up again at dinner, with both grandparents and parents, and usually Rose and Sirius. After dinner they would all go into the family room to listen to the wireless, or discuss the Lupin's exciting news, or to plan their upcoming Christmas, which was now only days away. Ginny would be curled against Harry, who's fingers may or may not be caressing her under her clothes, driving her crazy. They would soon decide they were ready to turn in, and hurry up the stairs, reaching for each other as soon as the door was closed. Neither spoke of the future, or how this would play out when the deception was over.

Days later, Ginny had only been at work for an hour, studying some scrolls with another curse breaker in the hope of translating a location to find some missing treasure, when she received a summons from Nagnok, one of the head goblins at Gringott's, and the one the curse breakers reported to. She hurriedly went to his office, wondering if she had done something wrong. It was usually the only reason to receive a summons to his office, unless it was to get instructions on the next assignment, but Ginny knew she had filled her required assignments for the year.

She opened the door at his command to enter, but stayed in the door frame, bowing to show the proper respect. He flicked a long finger at her, gesturing for her to come in, then pointed to a chair. Again Ginny bowed her head in thanks before seating herself.

“Curse-breaker Weasley, you have completed ten assignments for the year, correct?” he asked her.

“Yes, sir,” nodded Ginny, respectfully.

“This is your last year as an apprentice. Is the career still to your liking?” he asked.

“Very much so,” said Ginny, enthusiastically.

Nagnok shifted several papers in front of me. “Reports from your superiors are positive, and from what we have observed, you get on well with others in your team; your peers. You have been successful on all but one of you assignments in acquiring what you searched for, but your superior asures us you and the team did all they could.”

“Yes, sir,” said Ginny.

“We here at Gringott's would like to offer you a permanent position as part of our curse breaker team. You would, of course, be following in your brother, William's, footsteps, should you agree,” he said solemnly.

Ginny's heart leaped. She had done it, she had passed her apprenticeship. “Oh, how marvellous, thank you. Yes, I agree, thank you for this high honour you have afforded me,” she said, only just remembering to show the proper respect.

He held up his hand. “I wish you to take the rest of the year off, think carefully about your decision. If you still agree, we will see you here at Gringotts a week after New Year for your next assignment.”

“You're giving me time off? But-I have scrolls to translate, maps to look at,” protested Ginny.

Nagnok smiled. “That is what the apprentices are for. Go now, Miss Weasley, enjoy the Yule season.”

Ginny smiled broadly. She really wanted to go over and hug him, but she knew it wasn't even a possibility. She stood and left. At the door she turned and bowed. “May your customers be happy and their gold overflowing during this Yule season,” she said, bowing for the last time. He nodded in approval and she left his office.

She hurried back to her office, to grab her bag and wish her co-workers a Happy Christmas. It was not even eleven o'clock when she left the bank, and she had the day free. Feeling extremely generous, she decided to grab some extra little presents for everyone, and a present for Tonks. She then had a good idea of a present for Harry and hurried off to search for it.

Two hours later, she returned to hers and Harry's flat to stash the presents in. As she exited the Floo, she called out, “Hello?” but there was no answer, so she just shrugged and went into her bedroom.

She put the presents in her wardrobe, frowing when she realised the flat hadn't changed since she had left it. She had thought Rose's friend was using her bedroom, while Rose used her brother's, but there was nothing in the room to indicate any one other than herself had been in there.

She shut her bedroom door behind her and looked around their lounge and kitchen. Yes, two plates, two glasses and an empty bottle of wine sat on the sink, and next to the sofa sat two pairs of sneakers, complete with smelly socks. Wrinkling her nose, Ginny sent them to the little laundry basket in the bathroom. With a wave of her wand, the room was all tidied, pillows straightened as she liked, when she heard a moan. She paused.

There it was again, and it was coming from Harry's bedroom. Thinking Rose may be in pain, she burst into the room. “Rose, are you-oh!”

Rose and Stacey Bones sat up, clutching a sheet to their naked bodies. “Ginny! What are you doing here?” squeaked Rose, flushing.

“I came to stash some presents and heard, oh well, it doesn't matter. I'm sorry, so sorry,” stammered Ginny, backing out the door.

She returned to the lounge in a daze, blindly looking for her bag. She was about to go to the Floo when Rose came stumbling out, clutching a dressing gown around herself. “Ginny, please wait!” she called.

Ginny hesitated. Rose tried to brush her hair down. “Are-are you shocked?” she asked.

Ginny nodded slowly. A tear trickled down Rose's cheek. “I'm sorry.”

Ginny looked startled. “For what?”

“You're disappointed, aren't you? I'm not what you thought I was, a good little perfect Potter, like my brother,” she sighed defeatedly.

“Harry, perfect? Hardly!” snorted Ginny. Then she looked fiercely at Rose. “And I am NOT disappointed in you, got it?”

“You're not? But, you were shocked,” stammered Rose.

Ginny nodded. “Walking in on any couple is shocking. Seeing my parents probably was the worse, though,” she said.

Rose screwed her nose up. “Wait, you don't think my brother is perfect? But-you love him,” said Rose, confused.

“I love him, despite his faults,” said Ginny, without even thinking about it. “I mean, the guy is nice to everybody, you know. Drives me batty sometimes, when I just want to hex someone. And he's pants at picking up his dirty clothes in the bathroom. And he works too hard, its not good for him, but he won't listen to me. And he-”

“Okay, okay,” laughed Rose. Then she looked away. “Did you even know? That I liked girls,” she explained.

Ginny shook her head. “No, I didn't. You dated that jerk at school, Matthew Corner, then went out with Dean Thomas for awhile, so, no, I had no idea. But you know what, Rose? It doesn't matter to me.”

“It doesn't?” asked Rose, hopefully.

Ginny shook her head. “If you've found someone who loves you, and you love them, it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. Love is love,” she shrugged.

“I told you she'd be all right with it.” Stacey was leaning against the door, a sheet wrapped around her.

“I guess this explains why you focus on Rose so much during the matches,” said Ginny.

Stacey nodded. “It's my job to protect her, on field and off. I love her,” she said, throwing Rose a look of love.

“And I love Stacey,” said Rose, walking to her girlfriend and sliding an arm around her waist.

“Then that's all that matters,” said Ginny.

“No,” sighed Rose. “There's my family. You know what Grandpa's like, he can be so blunt. Stacey's family have already disowned her when she told them about us. I don't know what I'd do if my family did that to me,” she said, shakily.

“Rose, sweetie, I told you, we can keep it under wraps for now,” protested Stacey.

“Rose, I think they'll be surprised, but they love you and have always suppported you, like when you told them you wanted to play Quidditch. I don't think this will be any different,” said Ginny.

“You won't tell, will you, Ginny? Please, will you keep our secret...for now?” pleaded Rose.

Ginny hesitated and sighed, nodding. Merlin, how many secrets could she keep!

“You can't even tell Harry,” warned Rose.

“I won't,” said Ginny.

Rose left Stacey's side and went to Ginny, hugging her. “Thanks, Ginny. You're a great sister.”

Ginny smiled weakly, and prepared to Floo to Potter manor. “You are coming over tonight, aren't you? Maybe...?” She looked at Stacey.

“We'll see,” said Rose, looking at her girlfriend. “I don't want to ruin Christmas.”

Ginny nodded, and Flooed away. It was only as she went to hers and Harry's bedroom that she realised what she had confessed to Rose.

She was in love with Harry. Her best friend.
Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear