Search:

SIYE Time:9:04 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Man, a Boy and an Umbrella
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 55
Summary: Harry is left to raise Teddy alone, following the deaths of all those close to him. They return to England after having lived in America for a long time. Harry wants to do what's best for Teddy. Meeting Ginny Weasley will change their lives,
Hitcount: Story Total: 27487; Chapter Total: 3720







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry, Ginny and Teddy returned to England for good at the end of June. Ginny was now a fully qualified Mid-witch, and at a family gathering the next day to welcome them home, she brought another niece into the world. Roxanne was born on the first of July, on a beautiful sunny day.

They were planning on living at Potter Manor, a small estate that Harry discovered he had inherited when he met with the goblins to transfer his vaults from America to London. Although Harry wondered whether it wasn't too large for the three of them, Ginny reminded him that they would be having children of their own in future. In the meantime, a birthday party/manor warming party was in the planning, and Ginny was hoping some would sleep over, so the extra rooms would be a blessing.

They commandeered the family wing at the manor as their own, leaving the other for guests. Their rooms were double sized, and the master suite was thrice the size with all the luxury of a five star hotel. When Ginny pondered the practicalities of keeping a manor this size tidy, Dumbledore offered a house elf from Hogwarts to help. Harry only agreed under the stipulation he be paid and have a day off. And that's how Dobby came to be a part of the Potter household.

They spent a glorious summer with their family and friends. Ginny was to officially start at St Mungos in September, as was Harry in full time Auror training, with only a year to go. Teddy was starting at Miss Peregrine's school for Peculiarly Interesting Children. As a Metamorphagus, he fit right in. Tori would join him in a year, despite just being a witch.

Ron and Hermione had been planning their wedding for December first, the anniversary of their first date. Ginny and Harry were happy to put their wedding plans on hold till the following year. They had considered May 2, the day they met, but being Tori's birthday too, they decided to push it back to June 30, the day they returned home to England to begin their life together.

And so, as the sun began to set, with the last of the sun's rays shining on her long, loose hair, Arthur escorted Ginny down the aisle to an impatient Harry and a beaming Teddy. Close family and friends, as well as all the Hogwarts staff, ghosts, Merpeople and even some creatures from the Forbidden Forest, were able to witness Harry and Ginny make their vows to each other on the Hogwarts grounds. As Harry and Ginny kissed, a Centaur named Firenze shot a flaming arrow into the sky to wish them luck. Kingsley then pronounced them husband and wife, and they each took one of Teddy's hands and set off down the aisle to be greeted by their loved ones.

Epilogue May 2, 2005-

Minerva Mcgonagall concluded her speech. “And now I give you, Harry Potter.”

To thunderous applause, Harry made his way to the podium. “I promise not to hold you up too long; the weather doesn't look like it's going to do us any favours. On this day, seven years ago, I defeated a wizard by the name of Tom Riddle. You may know this wizard as Lord Voldemort, or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Like many of you, I lost loved ones to the darkest wizard of our time. It was hard to overcome all that we lost, but time and love has helped. Our world has come back from that day, bigger, better and stronger than ever. We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. And please remember this. We all have good and dark inside of us, it's our choices that make us who we are. I believe in you all. Thank you.”

Harry tried to leave the podium, but the press immediately shoved their wands in his face, the Sonorus charm already activated. “ Harry, that almost sounded like a political speech. Do you intend to challenge Minister Shacklebolt at the next election?” one reporter asked.

Harry looked over to Kingsley, who cocked an amused eyebrow in question. “Merlin, no. I happen to think Kingsley is doing a great job as Minister.”

“ What about as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Gawain Robards has indicated he may step down next year. Is that where your future lies, Harry?” asked another.

“ At the moment, my future lies in heading to my wife and son, then celebrating my niece's birthday with some of my mother-in-law's delicious cooking,” grinned Harry.

“ What about the rumour your wife is expecting twins?” asked a pushy reporter, who Harry knew to be Rita Skeeter.

“ I guess we'll find out in another month or so,” hedged Harry. “Thank you,” he concluded, and pushed his way past them.

He was stopped often to shake hands with members of the audience, and he politely did so, whilst shooting Ginny an apologetic look. She waved away his concern with a cheeky grin, knowing he hated to be put in the spotlight.

Finally he made his way to her side, just as a clap of thunder had guests scurrying to the castle or the Apparition points before the rain started to fall.

“ Nice speech, Harry,” grinned Teddy, Ginny's arm around his shoulder. He looked up at the man he considered his father.

“ Thanks, mate,” said Harry, taking hold of the umbrella to hold it over Ginny's and Teddy's head.

“ You side stepped the question about Robards nicely,” said Ginny, putting her free arm around his waist.

“ Robards wants to announce it himself in a few month's time. I think I can let him have his moment in the spotlight. Merlin knows, I don't want it,” he said, kissing the side of her head.

“ So, off to the Burrow?” asked Teddy, stilllooking up at them. “ Hey, there's Tori! Can I-?” He indicated he wanted to go after her, and Harry and Ginny nodded. “ Hey, Tori, wait up,” he called, running after his best friend.

“ How are you doing?” asked Harry, rubbing his hand over her distended belly. He thrilled to feel his children move under his touch. Her pregnancy had only brought them closer, and he was so excited to meet his new children very soon.

“ They were very excited to hear their Daddy speaking,” grinned Ginny. She looked annoyed. “ Do you think Rita really knows it's twins, or just took a lucky guess?” she asked.

“ Well, you are pretty big,” said Harry, looking down at her tummy, before realising his mistake. “ Beautiful, I meant beautiful, blooming, blossoming...” He stammered and waited to be hexed.

Ginny laughed. “It's okay, Harry. I know what you meant. Oh, and I decided on the names during your speech. How does Muriel and Myrtle sound?” she asked.

Harry winced. “ Erm...why Myrtle?” he asked.

Ginny looked up at the castle. “ Because I really need to use the loo, and I think it's high time you met Moaning Myrtle,” she said. “ It just came to me.”

“ Can I just say again how much really liked your suggestions last night of Lily and Rose?” he asked hopefully.

“ I liked your other suggestions last night, Mr Potter,” she winked saucily.

“ Ginny!” gasped Harry, looking around. As no-one was paying them any attention, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her thoroughly.

Unbeknownst to them, Dean Thomas was busy drawing away, glancing up at them often. And when Lily Luna and Rose Ginevra Potter were born, amongst the gifts, they found a drawing of Harry holding an umbrella over a very pregnant Ginny, while Teddy looked up at them both.

They framed it next to the first drawing, which Ginny had titled, ' A Man, a Boy and an Umbrella'.

They both hung over their fireplace in their family lounge, for all to see. Ginny captioned it, 'A Man and His Family'.

~end~

Reviews 55
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear