Search:

SIYE Time:23:49 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


An Open Secret
By CharmHazel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 57
Summary: Harry and Ginny quickly reunite following the end of the war. However, due to the pain and grief of their losses, their own family fails to recognise the love shared and growing between the young couple.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30152; Chapter Total: 4484





Author's Notes:
Another quick update, but that is down to the quick validation of previous chapters!

Every date I have included in this chapter, I have done in some capacity. As not to spoil it, I will not give you any additional notes I have. If anyone is interested in the accuracy of what I have included, please ask or google it.

This is actually one of my favourite chapters I have ever written for any story. Arnel, who has edited my story for me, has already made some wonderful comments about this chapter! So I hope you all enjoy it too!





ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The Floo flared to life and outstepped Ginny straight into Harry’s arms. No words were exchanged as they immediately sought out each other’s lips, both looking to begin their date as they meant to go on, happy and in love. Neither wanted to pull away and only did so when the need to breathe became too great to ignore. As they pulled back, they remained wrapped in each other’s arms, goofy grins on their faces.

“That was some hello, Harry,” Ginny said breathlessly.

Harry did not respond. He just smiled as his eyes grazed over her, taking in what she had chosen to wear. She had chosen a simple green, ankle-length summer dress that clung to her in all the right places. Harry was not sure how he was going to keep his hands off her when she looked, in his opinion, so incredibly beautiful. He especially loved that she’d left her stunning red hair down, which had gentle waves running throughout. He couldn’t wait to run his hands through it.

“Wow!” Harry eventually said, still feeling stunned by his girlfriend’s beauty. “You look…you look…WOW!”

Ginny blushed. “Thank you Harry. You look pretty good, too.”

On one of their many shopping trips they had taken before he had moved into Grimmauld Place had involved buying him an entire new wardrobe of clothes. Tonight he had chosen a pair of smart black shoes, black jeans and funnily enough, a green short-sleeved, button up shirt. It made Harry feel good knowing he was wearing clothes that actually fit and suited him, instead of wearing something that had belonged to Dudley. He didn’t have to worry about embarrassing Ginny with what he wore when he took her out tonight.

“So what are we doing tonight?” Ginny asked, dragging Harry away from his thoughts.

“I thought you might like to go to the theatre,” Harry said anxiously, not sure what Ginny would think of the idea. “I visited many of the theatres in the West End to see what was playing and found a show I think we both might enjoy, so I brought us tickets for tonight’s performance.”

Ginny could hear his nervousness in his voice. “Are you worried I won’t like what you have planned?”

Harry ducked his head in embarrassment and whispered, “Yes.”

Ginny carefully lifted his face so he was forced to look her in the eyes.

“I’m happy to do whatever it is you have planned, just as long as I am with you,” she told him, hoping her words conveyed just how much she loved him.

“Most of the dates I have planned for us,” Harry began to explain, wanting Ginny to understand his decisions. “They are things I have always wanted to do and experience, but was never able to.”

Ginny held her tongue, refusing to allow herself to say anything bad about Harry’s relatives, while wishing she could get away with hexing them for denying Harry so much as a child. She eased the thoughts away and put a smile on her face.

“I’m honoured, then, that I get to experience everything with you,” Ginny said calmly, but not remotely feeling like it at that moment. “I’ve not spent much time in the Muggle world, so we can enjoy everything for the first time together.”

“Exactly,” Harry whispered as he pulled her into another passion-fuelled kiss.

“So, what are we going to see at the theatre?” Ginny asked once they pulled apart and had gained control of their raging hormones.

“Beauty and the Beast,” Harry told her as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. “It’s a Muggle fairy tale. It’s meant to be a really good show.”

“When do we need to leave?” Ginny asked itching to leave for the theatre and excited for their date.

Harry checked the watch he had received from Molly and Arthur for his seventeenth birthday, nearly a year ago.

“Now would probably be a good time,” he answered. “Gives us plenty of time to get there and find our seats. By the way, where does everyone think you are tonight?”

“I told my dad I was going to see one of my Muggleborn friends,” she replied with a cheeky grin and a mischievous look on her face. “Figured it would be better to tell him I was going somewhere it would be difficult to contact me.”

“Touché,” Harry replied with a chuckle. “I really am amazed that none of the family has cottoned on to our relationship yet. I was certain Ron or at least Hermione would have done so by now.”

“Ah, but they are too wrapped up in each other, just like we are, to actually notice,” Ginny noted. “Though, had they not been at Hermione’s parents’ house tonight, perhaps they would have.”

“Anyway, enough about your family,” Harry said as he took Ginny’s hand and began to lead her up to the front door. “Tonight is about us and I don’t want anything to ruin it.”

They arrived at the Dominion Theatre with twenty minutes to spare. Harry brought Ginny a programme and a fake red rose that was being sold at the merchandise stand and then ordered drinks for them to have during the interval, before taking their seats in the stalls. Throughout the show, Harry couldn’t help but continually glance at Ginny. Her eyes were lit up in excitement at the magic and music of the show. He couldn’t get over how willing she was to experience anything he chose to do for their dates. He felt incredibly lucky to have someone like Ginny fall in love with him. In a way, he felt he could relate to the Beast, the titular character, who had the kind and warm-hearted Belle fall in love with him, even if he felt he didn’t deserve her love.

After the show, the young couple strolled down Charing Cross Road towards Leicester Square for a late dinner. Harry quietly listened with a smile as Ginny animatedly talked about her favourite parts of the show.

“Thank you for taking me, Harry,” Ginny said as she pulled him to the side to avoid other pedestrians. “I had a really amazing time at the theatre.”

Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck, moving her hands into his messy locks, and pulled his head down for a heated kiss. Harry immediately responded to his girlfriend’s advances by wrapping his arms around her waist, and pulling her closer to his body, before deepening the kiss. Neither cared that they were kissing passionately in public, all they cared about in that moment was each other and the love they felt for the other.

“Wow!” Harry said panting as they pulled apart. “That was some kiss.”

“I know,” Ginny replied, still catching her breath from the intensity of it.

“I love you so much, Ginny.”

“I love you, too, Harry.”

HP&GW

A week later, Ginny Flooed into Grimmauld Place just as Harry was eating breakfast. He smiled as she came over and gave him a soft kiss hello.

“So what exactly do you have planned for us today?” Ginny asked as she sat down next to Harry, placing her bag on the table.

“I’ll tell you once you tell me what story you fed your family before you left,” Harry said with a smirk, before stealing another kiss from her.

“Basically, you want to know if anyone has figured it out yet?” Ginny replied with her own smirk. “Well, they haven’t. I told them I was going to the beach with some friends. My mother, who actually came down and made breakfast this morning, just told me to apply sun cream and have fun.”

“Good thing we are going to the beach, then,” Harry responded, happy still not to have any interference into his relationship with Ginny. “Not that I plan for us to spend the whole day on the beach itself.”

“I’m intrigued, Mr Potter,” she said teasingly. “Just what is the plan for today?”

“Well, I thought,” Harry said as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, “that we could get the Muggle train to Brighton, spend some time on the beach and the pier and maybe we could visit the aquarium that is located there.”

Ginny’s eyes lit up in excitement at Harry’s plan for the day, eagerness written all over her face. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him soundly.

“When do we leave?” she asked as she pulled away from Harry, making to get up, overly eager to get going.

Harry chuckled at her excitement. “I guess now is as good a time as any.”

An hour later, the two teens were sitting comfortably together watching as the buildings gave way to the countryside as their train travelled towards Brighton. Within another hour, they were disembarking the train, having arrived at their destination. They took a leisurely stroll, following the crowds out of the station and down the hill towards the coastline.

Neither had been to a seaside town like Brighton before and both were in awe of what they discovered: a long pebble beach that stretched for a couple of miles, maybe more; a pier that stood high above the sea, while the tide gently lapped at the shore as the sun shone brightly overhead.

“Harry, did you bring a camera?” Ginny asked as they headed towards where the aquarium was located.

Harry pulled a camera out of his pocket and showed her. “Yes, and I have spare rolls of film with me, too. Kreacher said he would show me how to develop them so they move as well.”

They spent the next hour or two exploring the aquarium. For both Harry and Ginny, it was the chance to not only enjoy another part of the Muggle world they had yet to experience, but also a chance to act their age and spend time together as a couple.

Ginny was entranced by all the different variety of fish held at the aquarium. She loved that she was able to place her hand in a tank to touch the starfish held there. Harry made certain to get a photo of such a simple pleasure. Both loved the sea turtles and they even stayed for one of the talks in the auditorium. They ended their visit in the gift shop, making sure to buy a couple of gifts for Teddy as well.

“I think we should bring Teddy here,” Ginny suggested as they exited the aquarium out onto the beach. “Obviously, once he is old enough to appreciate it.”

“So basically in a few years, then,” Harry said with a chuckle. “Come on, let’s go and get some lunch on the pier.”

After a delicious fish and chip lunch on the pier, they spent some time enjoying the fun fair, which was located at the very end of the pier, before exploring The Lanes and the antiques shops situated along them. It was late afternoon when the young couple, laden with many bags of purchases they had made for the house, Apparated back to Grimmauld Place.

HP&GW

“I forgot to ask before we left,” Harry said as he and Ginny strolled hand in hand along The Royal Mile in Edinburgh. “What excuse did you use today?”

“I told them I was going to go and study with friends for the upcoming exams,” Ginny answered. “Hermione seemed sceptical of my excuse though.”

“I suspect she just thought that you would want to review sixth year material with her,” Harry suggested. “You know full well she will be on your case about homework once you both return to Hogwarts.”

“Fantastic!” Ginny sarcastically replied. “You and Ron choose not to go back and I’m the one who gets stuck with a homework-obsessed Hermione!”

“She’s really not that bad, Gin,” Harry protested weakly.

Ginny glared at him.

“Ok, ok,” Harry quickly said holding his hands up in surrender. “Maybe she can go a little over the top, but she can be really helpful. Anyway, enough about her, today’s about us.”

“I love this time we have together,” Ginny said with a sigh. “There is no need to worry about the family interrupting us or the press following you. I’m actually glad right now that my family have not figured out that we are in a relationship. Even with the excuses I make so I can come and see you, it just seems to make things easier for us.”

“I know what you mean,” Harry replied as he let go of her hand and instead wrapped his arm around her waist. “It’s bad enough when everyone wants a piece of me when I go in to Diagon Alley. It’s nice to be able to do things with you without any interference.”

“Exactly where is it we are going, Harry?” Ginny asked as the path began to steepen.

“Just at the top of the road is Edinburgh Castle,” Harry answered, pointing out where they were heading. “Supposedly, it is one of the most haunted places in Scotland.”

“Oooh, we can have a ghost hunt!” Ginny cried in excitement. “Do you think if we found one and took a photo that it would show up?”

“It might. I mean, there are photos out there that have captured ghosts in the images,” Harry mused. “Let’s go find out!”

The two teens spent the next few hours exploring the castle and enjoying the stunning views of the city. It was not until they began exploring the dungeons and the lower levels of the castle that they discovered the sheer number of ghosts that resided there. Some were friendly, others were not, but it was the faint music of bagpipes that really caught their attention.

“Where is that music coming from?” Ginny quietly asked, knowing they were the only ones who could truly hear it.

Harry stood still as he carefully listened for where the music was coming from. It felt like the music was all around them, but eventually he realised that it was coming from down a dark corridor that no tourists appeared to want to approach.

“Down there,” Harry quietly told Ginny as he pointed in the direction of the corridor.

The young couple discreetly moved into the darken corridor with Harry quickly throwing up a Muggle-Repelling Charm as a precaution. They walked slowly towards the source of the music, which grew louder the nearer they approached. Eventually, they came to a small opening in the corridor and found the source, a traditionally dressed Scottish Piper.

“I wonder how long he has been here, just playing,” Ginny whispered, as she looked on in awe.

“Do you think he was playing his bagpipes when he died?” Harry asked in reply. “You know, a bit like Professor Binns, he just keeps doing what he knows best.”

Ginny stifled a giggle. “At least this ghost is actually good at what he does!”

Harry felt the need to laugh and not wanting to disturb the bagpipe playing ghost, pulled Ginny back down the corridor.

HP&GW

A little while later, after exploring the streets of the city, Harry and Ginny were sat in a Muggle café, named The Elephant House. As they sat eating their sandwiches they had ordered for lunch, Ginny had a thought as she realised it was now mid-July.

“What do you want to do for your birthday?” Ginny suddenly asked, causing Harry to still in shock.

“It’s nearly my birthday?” Harry replied, honestly not realising that it was fast approaching.

Ginny smiled. “Harry, it’s a couple of weeks away, so I need to know what you want to do.”

Harry wasn’t sure what he wanted to do, he hadn’t thought about it, considering he had, at times, thought he would not make it to his eighteenth. With everything that had happened and with the way the Weasleys had been struggling to cope with the loss of Fred, he didn’t think anyone would actually remember it. Except Ginny, of course, she would remember, especially with the amount of time they had spent together.

“Harry?”

Ginny’s voice penetrated his thoughts, causing him to focus his eyes back on her.

“Sorry. I was just thinking,” he sheepishly admitted. “I’m not sure what I want to do. I just don’t want too much fuss. To be honest, is anyone but you going to remember?”

“How about this, then?” Ginny said as an idea came to mind. “We can have a simple dinner with the family, if my mum remembers. But no matter what, you and I can spend the day together, even if it is just at Grimmauld Place. Perhaps we could invite Andi and Teddy over for the afternoon.”

“Sounds like an idea,” Harry responded, genuinely liking the suggestion. “What about you? What do you want to do for your birthday?”

“Probably the same as you, though I will be annoyed if my coming of age is forgotten,” Ginny admitted. “I mean I know how painful it is with Fred having died. He was my brother too!”

Harry reached over and grabbed her hand, seeing that she was getting irate about her family’s reaction to Fred’s death.

“But it’s like they have forgotten how to live!” Ginny continued, her rant beginning to pick up steam. “I know they all get up and go to work, well, except for George, but when they are at home, it’s like life has stopped. They haven’t even picked up on our relationship! How, then, can I expect them to remember my birthday?”

“Hey, don’t cry,” Harry said softly as a tear escaped Ginny’s misted eyes. “I already have something planned for the day after your birthday, so no matter what happens, I promise that I will make your coming of age special, even if it is just you and me.”

“Sorry, I’m ruining our day together,” Ginny said as she dried her eyes. “I’m just so sick of the grief now.”

“I am, too, but as I have learnt, we all deal with it differently and I know you know that,” Harry said in response. “It’s not like neither of us is not still grieving, it’s just we try to have happy days, too. We are remembering to live. So let’s continue doing that!”

Ginny smiled at Harry’s insightfulness. “You’re right, I’m sorry. So where to now?”

HP&GW

Ginny quietly slipped out of the house and quickly moved towards the ward boundaries to begin her walk towards Stoatshead Hill. She had left a note for her parents stating she was going to her friend’s house for one final day of revision ahead of her sixth year exams that were scheduled for the following week. She was actually on her way to meet Harry at Stoatshead Hill to take a Portkey on a surprise trip he had planned for her.

It was around half eight in the morning when the young witch arrived at her destination to find her boyfriend already there waiting for her.

“Morning, beautiful,” Harry cheerily greeted her as he took her in his arms and sweetly kissed her hello.

“Morning to you, too,” Ginny smiled. “So are you going to tell me where we are going that we need a Portkey to get there?”

“Well, I had planned to leave this trip for your birthday,” Harry said, evading the question. “But with your exams next week, I figured you deserved something special. That’s not to say we can’t go again for your birthday. I mean if you enjoy today, we’ll go as often as we can if you want to.”

“HARRY!” Ginny shouted in frustration. “Baby, as much as I love it when you tease me, could you please stop tip-toeing around my question?”

Harry could only smirk at his girlfriend’s reaction. He tightened his grip on her waist, before presenting a comb that was to be their Portkey for the day.

“Put a finger on the comb,” Harry instructed her.

Ginny did as she was asked before looking up at Harry with curiosity.

“When I say where we are going, it will activate the Portkey,” he said in explanation to her unasked
question. “Ready?”

She simply nodded.

“Paris.”

Just as the Portkey pulled them away from Stoatshead Hill, Harry smiled as he heard Ginny’s gasp of surprise.
Reviews 57
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear