Search:

SIYE Time:9:58 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


An Open Secret
By CharmHazel

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 57
Summary: Harry and Ginny quickly reunite following the end of the war. However, due to the pain and grief of their losses, their own family fails to recognise the love shared and growing between the young couple.
Hitcount: Story Total: 30155; Chapter Total: 4113





Author's Notes:
I think the title of the chapter gives away what is going to happen.

Trearddur Bay is a real place, not far from Holyhead in Wales.

The vows used in this chapter are the same ones used in my other story, 'A New Normal', but with some added additions.

Again, thank you to Arnel, who spotted some horrendous sentences that made absolutely no sense and made me change them in this chapter! It reads so much better as a result!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny couldn’t stop smiling as she packed away her Quidditch gear. She’d just had a successful trial with her favourite Quidditch team, the Holyhead Harpies, and had been offered a spot as a reserve Chaser for the team. They had asked her to sign a basic contract and explained that her final contract would be dealt with at a later date. They had arranged a date to meet with her at Hogwarts and confirmed that all needed information about training would be owled to her. She just hoped she was able to have a few weeks off between finishing Hogwarts and beginning training.

“Great job this weekend, Weasley!”

Ginny turned to see the Harpies’ captain, Gwenog Jones, standing at the entrance to the changing rooms.

“Thank you,” Ginny beamed.

“You’ve got a visitor at the players’ entrance,” Gwenog said with a suggestive smile on her face. “And a very hot one at that!”

Ginny’s smile, if it was even possible, spread even wider at the mention of the visitor, who she knew had to be Harry as only he and Professor McGonagall knew she was here attending trials. She grabbed her bag and broom and practically ran out of the changing rooms, but not before pausing by her new captain.

“Thank you for the opportunity,” Ginny said sincerely.

“No worries. You deserve your place as you really are an amazing flyer,” Gwenog told her with a warmth to her voice that would have surprised many people. “Anyway, go see your man as I think Potter is quite eager to see how you did.”

Ginny’s eyes flew wide open at the mention of Harry.

“Don’t worry, Weasley,” Gwenog said with a laugh. “Your relationship with him is safe with us. We actually value our players’ privacy.”

Ginny breathed a sigh of relief before saying goodbye and running out to see her boyfriend. She saw Harry’s eyes light up with love and excitement when he saw her and she knew her eyes were the same. She threw her bag and broom aside as she ran into his embrace.

“I MADE THE TEAM!” she squealed in excitement as she pulled back slightly to tell him. Harry immediately kissed her and she allowed herself to sink back into his arms.

“That makes my plans for us even better, then,” Harry said as they broke the kiss.

“Plans?” Ginny asked confused. “But I am expected back at school this evening.”

“No, you’re not,” Harry told her with a knowing look. “It is the Easter holidays for a start, plus I spoke to Minerva and she gave you permission to come back to school once you have spent a couple of days with me.”

“But why?” Ginny asked still feeling confused.

“To celebrate!” Harry cried sweeping her back into his arms. “Unless you don’t want to spend time just you and me?”

Ginny broke into a smile. Of course she wanted to spend time with just Harry, knowing in the coming weeks that it would be close to impossible to do so with Teddy’s birthday, the first anniversary of the final battle and her N.E.W.T exams coming up.

“Of course, I do,” she finally replied as she softly kissed him. “You just caught me by surprise, that’s all.”

“Good,” Harry said with a smile as he picked up her bag and broom. “I take it you have some spare clothes in there.”

“Yes, all cleaned and washed while I was on the pitch today,” Ginny replied. “So where are we going?”

“Not too far from here, actually,” Harry said pulling her in close. “Hold on tight.”

Ginny wrapped her arms around her boyfriend before she felt him Apparate them away from the training grounds.

HP&GW

Harry and Ginny strolled, hand in hand, along the beach of Trearddur Bay. It was close to midnight as the moon and the stars shone brightly over the bay. It was, in Harry’s opinion, the perfect place for a romantic stroll.

“Did they say whether you would need to live in Holyhead?” Harry asked. There had been little chance to talk when they had checked into the Muggle bed and breakfast a few hours earlier as they had chosen to reacquaint themselves with each other’s bodies the moment they walked into their room.

“They didn’t actually say,” Ginny responded. “I only signed the basic contract which confirms that I have a place on the team and will not accept any offers should they be made to me. They are going to come and talk to me at Hogwarts about everything else. Why do you ask?”

“Because we said we wouldn’t make any firm decisions until we knew if you had made the team,” Harry replied to her question. “Though I was thinking if you wanted to be local to the team, we could find somewhere to live out here.”

“You would do that for me?” Ginny asked genuinely surprised, though she knew from their previous talks that Grimmauld Place was not where they wanted to be living once they had started their family.

“Of course, I would. I would do anything for you,” Harry said as he wrapped an arm around her pulling her in close to his body. “It’s not like I can’t Apparate or take the Floo to work. Plus, I feel like we could find somewhere here that would give us some privacy, more so than we currently have in London. Too many people know the general location of the house.”

“What we would get? A house or a flat?” Ginny asked. “Because I think a flat would be fine for now. That way we can take more time finding a house we love, something that would be perfect for us to raise our family in.”

Harry pressed a kiss to her head and smiled. The conversation was definitely going in the direction he had hoped it would.

“Sounds good to me, baby,” Harry responded as he began to slow down their speed. “We can make some decisions about that tomorrow though.”

He stopped them walking completely and turned to face his girlfriend. He cupped her face with his hands and leaned in to gently kiss her. Then to Ginny’s absolute surprise, he bent down onto one knee and smiled up at her.

“This isn’t what I had envisioned when I thought about our future,” Harry slowly began. “I had hoped to ask your father for your hand, but I honestly cannot wait around any longer for your family to figure out that we are in a relationship or for them to fight their way out of the grief that consumes them. So…”

He paused as he pulled a simple diamond ring from his pocket and began to slip it onto her left ring finger.

“Will you marry me?” Harry simply asked as he pushed the ring fully onto her finger.

Ginny could feel the tears beginning to run down her face, but she knew that they were tears of joy. It didn’t matter to her that he had not been able to ask her father or that her family had no idea about them. All that mattered in that moment was that this beautiful man was down on one knee in front of her asking her to marry him.

“Yes,” she whispered through the tears. “Yes, I’ll marry you.”

Harry stood up, swept her into his arms and swung her round in absolute joy at her answer before putting her back down on her feet and kissing her with every ounce of love he felt for her. As he pulled back from the kiss, he wrapped her in a tight embrace and buried his face in her hair.

“Thank you,” he whispered. “Thank you for loving me enough to marry me.”

“I could never love anyone the way I love you,” Ginny whispered fiercely as she held onto him even
tighter. “Nor could I love anyone as much as I love you.”

“Let’s go and celebrate then,” Harry said huskily, love and lust shining in his eyes as he grabbed her hand and began pulling her back along the beach towards the bed and breakfast.

HP&GW

Despite their determination to now inform the family of their engagement, their relationship still remained a secret to the family. The events over the next few months seemed to stall them from being able to say anything at all.

Teddy’s birthday passed with Harry and Andromeda determined not to let the absence of Remus and Tonks overshadow the day. However, with the smiles and giggles coming from the newly turned one-year-old, it was not so hard to do, especially when he squealed loudly with glee during his first broom ride that Harry gave him.

May Second came and went with no mention of their relationship. The very idea of telling the family didn’t even crop up as Harry shut himself away in his bedroom at Grimmauld Place for the entire day as he wallowed in his own misery and grief. With him ignoring her calls on the magical mirror that he had given her before she had left for school in September, Ginny took it upon herself to check up on him and she ended up staying with him until the following morning. With the entire family struggling with the emotions of the day, no one had known she had chosen to go to Harry’s rather than returning to The Burrow for the day.

After that, the chance never popped up for the couple to inform the family they were engaged as Ginny was knee deep in revision for her N.E.W.Ts, while also having meetings with the Harpies to formally arrange her contract. Harry, on the other hand, was busy working and training as much as he could before he took an extended break in July to spend purely with Ginny.

Before the couple knew it, it was July and Ginny had officially finished school and had been given until September off before she joined the Harpies and began training.

A week after she had returned home for the final time from Hogwarts, Harry and Ginny were curled up together on the sofa at Grimmauld Place trying to make a decision on how and when they would finally inform the family about their engagement.

“Let’s just put our plans into action before we tell them,” Ginny pleaded when the subject came up.

“To move in together?” Harry asked, knowing they were planning to look for a place during her time off so she could get settled in before training began.

“I was actually thinking more along the lines of us getting married,” Ginny suggested slowly, biting her lip nervously.

Harry’s eyes widened at her words. He had planned to suggest the idea once they had found a flat, but here she was suggesting it now.

“I was hoping we could do it before you return to work so we had enough time for a honeymoon as well,” Ginny continued hoping she wasn’t being too forward in her suggestion.

Harry said nothing, much to Ginny’s dismay.

“Let’s get married on the fourteenth,” he suddenly said. “That gives us a little over a week to find a flat, arrange a private ceremony and organise a short holiday for us. And it gives us enough time to have our honeymoon and be home in time for my birthday.”

This time it was Ginny’s turn for her eyes to widen in shock before she broke out into a smile in relief.

“Ok, let’s do it,” she squealed as she threw herself at him and kissed in soundly.

HP&GW

Over the next week, with some discreet help from Kingsley, Neville and Luna, the couple were able to make their plans easily, unobtrusively and without anyone finding out.

Harry had met with Kingsley on the morning after they had set a date for their wedding and had asked him if he would perform the ceremony on the date they had chosen, while also asking if he could discreetly register the marriage for them. Kingsley had immediately agreed and had also offered to arrange Portkeys for them to use to take them to their chosen honeymoon destination.

Ginny had taken the chance to meet up with Neville and Luna, their closest friends to know about their relationship. Much to her delight, they were happy to be witnesses for the ceremony and had immediately offered their own services to help with anything that would need doing to be prepared in time for the wedding.

To keep any suspicions off them and their engagement, Ginny had arranged flat viewings for properties in and around Holyhead by herself, while Harry had arranged their hotel for their honeymoon. By the evening, all the details for the wedding and honeymoon had been decided upon and a flat had been found and bought.

HP&GW

By the morning of the fourteenth, Harry and Ginny had moved into their flat in Holyhead. It hadn’t been easy to keep the fact that they were moving in together a secret, but Ginny had managed to convince her mum to wait before she came to visit to give Ginny the chance to get the flat set up and to get settled in. It also helped that she had neglected to tell anyone where she was moving to for the time being.

They had bought a two-bedroom property on the edge of Holyhead, not too far from the Harpies’ training grounds. In the space of a few days, they had managed to get the flat set up in the way they wanted, including turning their spare bedroom into a nursery for Teddy. Beside the two bedrooms, they had a kitchen, bathroom and living room. It was simple and basic and just what they needed while they began their careers and looked for an actual house. They had decided to keep Grimmauld Place so they had a place in London when they needed it, which meant they only moved Harry’s personal belongings to the flat, leaving all the furniture and some furnishings at the house.

Even though they had only moved in the day before, they had been able to get Kingsley to arrange it so that their Portkey would leave and return there for their honeymoon.

“Ginny, are you ready?” Harry called as he walked out of their bedroom. He was dressed in beige slacks and a white long sleeved shirt with the sleeves slightly rolled up his arms.

“Nearly,” Ginny called from the bathroom. A minute or so later, she appeared in the living room wearing a simple white knee length summer dress with her hair being worn in loose curls that cascaded down her back.

Harry stood there dumbstruck at the sight before him as he tried to get his brain to connect to his mouth. Instead, he found himself slowly walking over to her before softly kissing her which seemed to help him out of his stunned state.

“You look stunning,” he whispered in awe.

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” she whispered back before pulling him into a heated kiss. But before either one of them could take it further, a knock came at their front door.

“You get the door, I’ll grab my shoes,” Ginny said as she got her body back under control. “There’ll be plenty of time for more of that later.”

“I know,” Harry whispered huskily before softly kissing her and moving to answer the door.

“Hey, Neville, Luna,” he said when he found their friends outside their door. “Come on in, we’re nearly ready to go.”

Harry shook hands with Neville and exchanged a hug with Luna as they entered. They had barely sat down on the sofas when Ginny came out of the bedroom.

“Neville! Luna!” she excitedly cried as she exchanged greetings with them. “Did you manage to arrange the flowers?”

“Of course,” Neville said with a smile. “Luna has a wrist corsage as you asked for and here is your bouquet.”

Out of a box that Harry had neglected to notice, Neville pulled a very simple bouquet of white calla lilies.

“Oh, it’s perfect, Neville!” Ginny said in appreciation.

“I do like my corsage,” Luna piped up. “It’s a nice reminder of Harry’s mother.”

Harry and Ginny exchanged a knowing grin at the Ravenclaw’s perceptiveness.

“So, where are we heading to?” Neville asked. “All you said was dress smartly for a beach wedding.”

“We are planning on holding the ceremony on the beach where we got engaged,” Harry answered. “It’s a Muggle area, so Kingsley is going to place some wards. You are going to need to Apparate to Trearddur Bay. You should arrive at an Apparition point near by the beach itself.”

“Well, let’s go and get you two lovebirds married!” Neville said excitedly.

HP&GW

It was a beautiful day with blue skies and calm seas. Kingsley had arrived early and set up a number of wards for privacy and to keep the Muggles away. He had chosen a quiet spot at one end of the beach which provided stunning views of the bay and the town.

“Are you ready to get started?” Kingsley asked, once they were all gathered within the wards and had removed their shoes so they could feel the sand beneath their feet.

With a nod from Harry, they all took their places as they had discussed the day before. Kingsley stood with his back to the sea, with Harry and Ginny facing each other in front of him and Neville and Luna stood facing the Minister and the about-to-be-wed couple. It was to be a short ceremony with a plan to go straight to the necessary parts rather than having any formal introductions.

“Harry, do you take Ginny to be your wife? Will you love her, comfort her, and honour and protect her and be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

“I will,” Harry responded.

“Ginny, do you take Harry to be your husband? Will you love him, comfort him and honour and protect him
and be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?”

“I will,” Ginny responded.

“Harry, if you would please repeat after me,” Kingsley asked as Ginny and Harry grasped hands before Harry began repeating the vows.

“I, Harry James Potter, take you, Ginevra Molly Weasley, to be my wife and soul mate for all of my life and for all of eternity. I promise to love and support you through the good times and the bad and I promise to love and cherish you for all of my days. This, I promise you with all of my heart, all of my soul and all of my magic.”

“Ginny, if you would please repeat after me,” Kingsley said as he repeated the same vows for the bride.

“I, Ginevra Molly Weasley, take you, Harry James Potter, to be my husband and soul mate for all of my life and for all of eternity. I promise to love and support you through the good times and the bad and I promise to love and cherish you for all of my days. This, I promise you with all of my heart, all of my soul and all of my magic.”

“If I may have the rings please,” Kingsley asked. Neville, who Harry had given the rings to, placed the simple plain white gold rings they had chosen in the palm of the Minister.

“Harry, if you would please take your chosen ring and place it on Ginny’s finger and repeat after me,” Kingsley continued.

As Harry slipped the ring onto Ginny’s finger, he spoke the words that Kingsley supplied, “Ginny, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you. You are my best friend, my soul mate and the one I love above all others and I promise to love you, trust you and respect you for ever more.”

“Ginny, if you would please take your chosen ring and place it on Harry’s finger and repeat after me.”

Ginny copied Harry as she took the remaining ring and slipped it onto his finger and repeated the final vows, “Harry, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you. You are my best friend, my soul mate and the one I love above all others and I promise to love you, trust you and respect you for ever more.”

“Then it is my greatest honour to now declare that you are bonded for life!”

Ginny and Harry smiled widely before they sealed their marriage vows with a passionate kiss, cheers from Neville and Luna and a shower of silver and gold stars from Kingsley’s wand. They laughed as they separated, out of pure joy that they were finally married.

HP&GW

Ginny burst out into laughter as Harry swung her into his arms, bridal style, and carried her over the threshold into their flat. As her new husband carried her through to the bedroom, having slammed shut the front door with his foot, Ginny began planting soft kisses up and down his neck.

“How long till our Portkey whisks us away?” Ginny asked as Harry carefully laid her down on their bed.

Harry checked his watch before he climbed onto the bed and up her body. “A couple of hours.”

Ginny smirked as she threw her arms around her husband’s neck and pulled him down so their lips were just an inch apart. “Well, let’s put those couple of hours to good use then!”

“I believe you have a promise to fulfil,” Harry whispered huskily before capturing his new wife’s lips in a passionate kiss.

“I believe I do,” Ginny replied as they pulled apart and began to pull each other’s clothes off.

“Then, Mrs Potter, I believe less talking is needed,” Harry responded as he eyed his wife hungrily.

With their final pieces of clothing removed, the newlyweds quickly began to explore each other’s bodies before making good on their promise and using the next couple of hours to celebrate their marriage in the only way two lovers could.

Reviews 57
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear