Search:

SIYE Time:9:10 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


May Second
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 57
Summary: It was a date he'd never forget. The date he met her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 57439; Chapter Total: 4098







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Augusta Longbottom decided to have a New Year's Eve party at her manor, to celebrate Neville and Luna's wedding. Fleur's waters broke just before midnight and in the early hours of the New Year, on hers and Bill's anniversary, she gave birth to Phillippe William and Sophie Inés, to honour her mother.

It was after Valentine's day that Lily and Molly put their foot down. Harry and Ginny needed to make some decisions about their wedding. With a date set for May second, it only gave them three months to prepare. Harry reminded his mother she only had a month to prepare, and her wedding to Sirius was tasteful and simple.

But their parents wanted more for them. Lily reminded Harry that that had been her second marriage, hence the need to keep it simple. Harry and Ginny agreed to discuss it and get back to them. “ Soon,” they were told, sternly.

They went out to dinner, talking about everything but their wedding. Hand in hand, they strolled back to the flat. Once there, Harry checked the floo connection was closed and locked the door.

Ginny had kicked off her heels the moment she'd entered their home, so he picked them up and took them to their room. When he returned to the lounge, she was waiting, two cups of tea emitting steam. They sat on the floor, across from one another.

“ Okay, let's do this. Suits or cloaks?” asked Ginny.

“ Suits,” he replied instantly. “ Morning, afternoon or evening?” he asked her.

“ Morning. Late morning for the ceremony,” she amended. “With maybe a buffet lunch?”

Harry nodded. “ I like it. Neville as my best man, and Ron.”

Ginny smiled. “ Luna and Jamie for me,” she said.

“ Where?” he asked.

Ginny considered their options. “ I've always thought I'd get married at the Burrow, but I know Angelina and George are getting married there. So, if your mum is okay with it, Potter manor.”

Harry smiled, relieved. As much as he had grown to love the Burrow, Potter manor was home, and the gazebo out on the grounds would be a brilliant place to hold the ceremony, with chairs cloistered around to view. The grounds would be picturesque at that time of year.

“ Photographer? Music?” he asked. “Nev will look after the flowers.”

Ginny thought about it. “A Muggleborn boy I used to go to school with is a photographer, we could go and see him. Colin, his name is. We could ask Lee to do the music.”

They grinned at each other. “ Who said planning a wedding was hard?” she asked, rhetorically.

“ One more thing,” he said. “ More a request, actually.”

“ Yes?” she prompted.

“ Will you wear your hair down?” he asked. “ Not swept up in some fancy style.”

“ Of course I will,” she said, crawling over to sit in his lap. “ So, tomorrow we'll get the parents together, maybe invite them here for lunch and we'll tell them all we've planned,” she said.

“Our wedding, not theirs,” he reminded her.

“ Ours,” she agreed, and it was the last they spoke it that night.

/*/*/*/*

Molly, Arthur, Lily and Sirius came over for lunch the next day. Although Ginny had insisted she had the food under control, Molly still brought extra, enough to feed a small army. Sirius had brought a bottle of champagne, and Lily brought a selection of small pastries.

“Right then,” said Molly, getting down to business. “We need to make some plans if you still want to get married on May second.”

“I agree, Molly, and I was just saying to them both the other day that-” nodded Lily, when Harry interrupted.

“We have! We're done!” he exclaimed. “Mum, we'd like to get married on the grounds of Potter manor. Is that okay?”

“I–yes, yes, of course,” stammered Lily.

Harry nodded, then turned to them all. “Our attendants will be Nev and Ron for me, and Luna and Jamie for Gin. We'd like to get married mid-morning, in the gazebo, then have a simple buffet luncheon. Ginny knows someone who might be able to do the photos, and we'll ask Lee to do the music. Nev will fix us up with the flowers. Did I forget anything?” he asked.

Molly and Lily stared at him, almost in dismay.

“Sounds good to me, right Arthur?” asked Sirius, grinning at the other man conspiratorially. He could tell the ladies had just had the wind knocked out of their sails. He popped the champagne and poured six glasses.

“Right,” agreed Arthur, a twinkle in his eye. “Whatever the kids want. I've been waiting a long time to walk my daughter down the aisle.” He shared a loving look with Ginny.

Molly sniffed. “Our daughter's getting married,” she said tearfully. “There's just one or two things you haven't mentioned,” she said, a touch triumphantly.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other. “What's that?” they asked her.

“Well, what sort of food do you want to serve, for a start,” she said.

“Oh, we'll let you and Lily sort that out. As long as there is wedding cake, I'll be happy. What else?” asked Ginny.

“The most important thing, Ginny. The dress! We have to find you a wedding dress,” said Molly. Arthur may have waited a long time for his moment, but this was her time with Ginny too.

“Fine!” sighed Ginny. “But I'm not wearing anything old fashioned like the cloaks or dress robes. I like some of the Muggle style dresses. Fleur's parents had some lovely ones there when we were trying on dresses for hers and Bill's wedding,” she said.

Molly looked hurt at the 'old-fashioned' comment.

“Mum, I'm sorry, but those styles just aren't me. But I do want you to help me find the perfect dress, both you and Lily,” implored Ginny.

“Thank you, Ginny, I'd love to help you,” said Lily. She had missed out on all of that with Jamie eloping, so she was happy to be included. “What about the guests?”

“Well, all the family, obviously. Some of the guys from work. Hagrid, Mr Lovegood,” said Harry, thinking.

“Verity and Adelinda from WWW too,” added Ginny. “I think that's it!”

“Well, here's to Harry and Ginny's wedding,” toasted Sirius.

“Cheers!” they cried, clinking glasses.

/*/*/*/*

The next three months passed quickly. Colin had agreed to take the photos, and Lee had agreed to look after the music. At Lily's request and with Harry and Ginny's blessing, he hired a three piece string band to play as Ginny walked down the aisle to Harry, then as they walked back down, together.

Ginny bowed to the pressure of finding her dress, and at Fleur's suggestion, a month after she and Harry had announced their wedding plans, she and her posse headed for Paris, combining the girl's weekend away as her bacholerette party and dress- finding occasion. All her sisters-in-law came, as well as Hermione, Julie and Luna.

Ginny was happy to let Jamie and Luna pick the colour of their bridesmaids dresses, and they agreed on an icy blue. The colour matched Luna's eyes, and brought out the deep auburn tones in Jamie's hair.

Hermione had been asked to do a simple reading, and Julie and Dave would greet their guests as they arrived at the ceremony, and directed where to be seated. Both Harry and Ginny wanted their close friends involved in their wedding.

With all her friends and family, including Lily and Tonks, Ginny began what she thought would be an arduous task of finding the perfect dress. The ladies sipped champagne as Inés and Gabrielle helped her into their choices, based on what Ginny had told them she liked.

Ginny knew the third dress she tried on was the one as soon as it settled over her hips. It simply felt right, and when she saw her image in the mirror, she couldn't believe it was her. She felt so grown up, so womanly, and it suddenly hit her. She was going to be a bride.

With teary eyes, she went out to show the ladies. She tried not to give her reaction away, as she awaited theirs. She stepped out, heard a gasp, then there was silence. She looked up. They were all looking at her in wonder. “Mum? Lily?”

Molly sniffed, dabbing at her eyes. “That's the one. That's the dress.”

“Mum,” flushed Ginny. She looked at Lily, then Jamie, Luna and Hermione. “Well?”

Lily nodded, also teary, but Jamie, Luna and Hermione looked at each other, making Ginny worry. They looked back at her and cried, “We say yes to the dress,” and they all cheered.

Molly came to Ginny and hugged her. Taking that as their cue, they all went to hug Ginny.

“Merci,” gasped Inés, “Ze dress, it will be crushed!”

“It'll be fine, Maman,” soothed Gabrielle. She hugged Ginny too.

So with the perfect dress selected, the ladies then went to a day spa, then on to enjoy the Paris night life. Ginny couldn't have wished for a better weekend with her girlfriends, who tagged themselves as Weasley's Wenches as they went from club to club.

/*/*/*/*

It was a week before the wedding, and Neville, Frank and Sirius were in charge of Harry's stag do. It was a typical blokes night at some out-of -the way pub. A stripper was hired, to the delight of Harry's Auror friends. He had invited his whole department, but only a select few were invited to the wedding.

Harry, Neville and Dave sipped their beers, watching the single Aurors hooting at the stripper. “Thank Merlin those days are behind us,” said Dave. He had proposed to Julie on Valentine's Day.

“Still we should do something crazy, right? It's Harry's last week as a single man,” said Neville.

“Like what?” asked Harry, warily. “Remember who my wife-to-be is, and what she's capable of,” he grinned. “She scored highest in her class in Muggle firearms, you know.”

They all grinned at the thought of what Ginny could and would do to them if anything happened to Harry.

“Dad, what did you and Uncle James, Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus do before your wedding to Mum?” asked Neville to Frank.

“We went out and got tattoos,” chuckled Frank.

Neville looked surprised. “Dad, I've never seen you with a tattoo,” he said.

Sirius hooted. “That's because he got it some place that only Alice would see.”

“Or us, when we were all drunk,” reminded Remus, dryly. Frank burst out laughing, clapping Remus on the back.

“What about you, Sirius?” asked Harry.

Sirius opened his shirt to reveal the letter 'M' above his heart. “For the Marauders...my brothers.”

Harry nodded. He knew about Sirius' real family, and how he had been kicked out as a teen, when he refused to follow the dark pureblood path his parents wanted for him. He had sought refuge at the Potters, and become a second son to Fleamont and Euphemia. “What about Dad?” he asked.

Sirius snorted. “A lily, what else.”

“Inside a heart,” reminded Remus, rolling his eyes.

“Merlin, we paid him out about that, but there was no changing his mind, the prat remembered Frank affectionately, chuckling.

“Let's do it,” said Neville, standing up and swaying only a little. “I want to get something for Luna.”

“Me too, for Jules,” said Dave. “Harry?”

“Come on, it's our family tradition,” coaxed Neville.

Frank, Sirius and Remus looked on in amusement. “Let's go,” declared Harry. He looked at his friends. “Erm, will you --” He gestured to all his guests.

“Go, we'll make sure they all behave and get home in one piece. Here,” said Frank, writing something down some parchment and handing it to his son. “Best place to go for a tattoo,” he said. “Tell 'em Frank sent you.”

“How do you know, Dad?” asked Neville.

“A lot of Aurors get tattoos, son. Go, have fun,” said Frank.

“Hey, where are you guys going?” asked Ron, cornering them as they were about to leave. “Count me in,” he declared, when they told him.

So the four men headed to Knockturn Alley and sure enough, after telling the owner Frank sent them, the four proceeded to get tattoos. Just like four men, brothers really, had done so, over twenty years earlier.

/*/*/*/*

Ginny awoke on the morning of her wedding, well before dawn. She was in her old bedroom at the Burrow. As she looked around, all her childhood memories came flooding back, and she realised how far she'd come. Today was her wedding day!

She felt a bit restless, and as she always did, her first thoughts were to go for a fly. Before she could come up with a hundred reasons why she shouldn't, she crept out, careful not to wake Jamie and Luna, who were sleeping in the room closest to her.

She snuck out in the dark, still easily finding her way to the broomshed, and grabbed one of the family brooms.. She kicked off, finding the joy in flying freely. Up, up she flew, till she was high enough to see the beginning of the dawn, just starting to creep up between the trees.

Ginny wondered if Harry was asleep, and suddenly she missed him. Funny how you could get so used to sleeping next to a person. He was spending the night at Potter manor, along with Ron and Neville.

An idea came to her mind. She flew to the Burrow's Apparition point, and before she could change her mind, Apparated to the grounds of Potter manor.

She flew up to Harry's bedroom, and knocked on the window. She waited, and knocked again. She smiled as a sleepy Harry opened the window, struggling to put his glasses on. “Gin?” he mumbled

“Hi Harry,” she greeted. “Lovely morning.” She thought he looked adorable with his hair tousled, and still half asleep. He also looked sexy, in just his boxers.

“It's still dark,” he said, peering out beyond her.

“It'll be dawn soon. Come share the morning with me,” she offered.

“Okay,” he agreed, stepping back. He then suddenly reappeared, wide awake now. “Everything's okay, isn't it? You're not here to tell me you changed your mind?” he asked worriedly.

Ginny laughed softly. “Not a chance. This is our day, and I don't want to miss a minute of it. Come on, fly with me,” she urged.

Harry smiled. “I'll be right down.

Ginny shook her head. “Be brave. Climb out and hop on.” She patted the broomstick behind her.

He disappeared back in his room, and then re-emerged, dressed. He climbed out his window and hopped on behind her, his hands grasping her waist. He leaned in to whisper something in her ear and she giggled and took off.

She dipped and turned, flying easily around the grounds. She could see where the ceremony was to take place, in just a few hours. She weaved in and around some large trees, then flew high into the sky and hovered there for several seconds.

“Gin...would you come somewhere with me, right now?” asked Harry.

“Of course I will,” she said instantly.

“Will you take us to the Apparition point?” he asked.

She nodded and flew down, and they both hopped off easily. Harry took the broom and left it against a tree. He slid her hand around her waist and pulled her close. As he kissed her gently, he Apparated her away.

“Godric's Hollow?” she asked, as she looked around.

He nodded, taking her hand and leading her to the cemetery. “My dad's been on my mind a lot this last week,” he admitted.

“Since your stag night?” she guessed.

He nodded. “Sirius, Frank and Remus were talking about Frank's stag night, and stories about them and my dad. I'm about to become a husband, and later down the track, a father. I-I just wish he were here, that's all,” he said sadly.

Ginny leaned against him. “I'm sorry, sweetie.”

Harry sighed. “Don't get me wrong, Sirius was a great father figure growing up, and I'm happy he's with my mum now. But he's my dad,” he said, gesturing to his father's resting place, “and he won't be at my wedding today.”

Ginny turned to face him, and took both his hands in hers. “We could say the words now, here, just for him,” she said.

“What do you mean?” asked Harry.

Ginny smiled, a smile full of love. “Harry James Potter. Today is our wedding day. In just a few hours I will promise to love and honour you, in sickness and health, forever and ever. But right now, here, — she looked at his father's headstone —“in your dad's presence, I want to say how happy I am to be marrying you, my best friend, the love of my life, my partner — for the rest of our lives.”

She nodded at him, for him to say what he wanted. “Ginny, my bride, I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle later today, where I too, will vow to love and honour you, in sickness and health, through good times and bad, forever and ever. Since the day I met you, you have brought light and love into my life in a way I only dreamed about. I can't wait to start the rest of our lives together,” he said.

They smiled at each other, and looked down at James' grave. “We don't have any rings, and we're not dressed all fancy, but this was brilliant,” said Harry, softly.

“I feel like we just really got married,” she agreed.

“Then it's time for me to kiss my bride,” he grinned.

“Uh-uh, not in front of your dad,” she teased. “Can we save our first married kiss for the fancy wedding?”

He pulled her close and kissed her forehead. “Thanks for understanding.”

As the dawn broke through over Godric's Hollow, Harry stood, with his arm around Ginny, finally at peace, at his dad's gravesite.

/*/*/*/*

Ginny kissed Harry goodbye, and he climbed off her broom and back into his bedroom. The manor was still quiet, and no-one knew he had even left the grounds. Only the house elves were up and about, starting to set up for the big day. Harry smiled as he lay back in bed, his arms pillowing his head. Already this day had changed his life.

It was a different scene at the Burrow. Ginny had crept in, only to be pounced on by Molly. “Bed empty, no note! What were you thinking?” she cried, anxiously.

Ginny smiled serenely, and went to hug her mother. “Mum, it's my wedding day — and I'm starving!”

“Well now, we can't have that, can we. Sit at the table, I'll make you something,” she said, worries all gone now that Ginny was home and needed sustenance.

“No, I'll help you...just like old times,” offered Ginny. The two Weasley women laughed and reminisced as they cooked a huge breakfast for Arthur, Jamie and Luna.

/*/*/*/*

Fleur and Gabrielle helped her attendants dress. Inés and Molly helped Ginny into her dress, and Fleur did her make-up and hair, leaving it long and flowing, as Harry had requested.

Arthur cried happy tears the first time he saw Ginny in her dress. “My princess,” he whispered.

Colin happily snapped away, not wanting to miss any special moments.

And then it was time to go.

/*/*/*/*

Ginny felt a sense of calm as she walked down the aisle towards Harry. There were no nerves, just a sense she was walking towards her future.

Once again, they faced each other, taking each other's hands. She barely took in Hermione's words.

“I was honoured to be asked by Harry and Ginny to do a reading for this special occasion, because they have been such wonderful friends. After extensive research,” — the people who knew Hermione laughed at that, — “I think I have found the perfect words for them.” She took a deep breath.

'Marriage is a commitment to life, the best that two people can find and bring out in each other. It offers opportunities for sharing and growth that no other relationship can equal. It is a physical and an emotional journey that is promised for a lifetime. Within the circle of its love, marriage encompasses all of life's important lessons. A wife and a husband are each other's best friend, confidant, lover, teacher, listener and critic. Marriage deepens and enriches every facet of life. Happiness is fuller, memories are fresher, commitment is stronger. Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life is unable to avoid. It encourages and nurtures new life, new experiences and new ways of expressing a love that is deeper than life. When two people pledge their love and care for each other in marriage, they create a spirit unique unto themselves which binds them closer than any spoken or written words. Marriage is a promise, a potential made in the hearts of two people who love each other, and takes a lifetime to fulfill. Thank you.”

Fred led the applause, as Hermione stopped to kiss both Harry and Ginny before returning to her seat.

They made their vows, repeating words they'd said hours earlier. When it came time for the rings, a beautiful Snowy owlet soared over their guests, down the aisle towards them, before resting on a perch that Harry hadn't even noticed. “Your gift from Hagrid,” confided the minister.

Harry removed a small pouch from the yet unnamed owlet, and inside he found their rings. He handed them to the Minister, who blessed them, and the ceremony continued on.

“And now, you may kiss your bride.”

Harry carefully stepped closer, and Ginny smiled. He ran a finger down her cheek. Her eyes blazed with love for him. “My wife, he said, reverently.

“My husband,” she replied, and without any regret, threw her arms around him and kissed him passionately. Caught off guard, he stumbled back, but righted himself and kissed her back.

“Family and Friends, I am honoured to present to you, Mr and Mrs Harry and Ginny Potter.”

Everyone applauded, but Harry and Ginny kept kissing. Molly gasped, and Great Aunt Muriel complained about Ginevra making a spectacle of herself, “while wearing my tiara,” she sniffed haughtily.

Finally they broke apart. Taking her hand, Harry led her back down the aisle, stopping only to kiss their mothers. The Snowy Owl flew ahead of them, heralding the newly married couple before coming to land on Hagrid's shoulder.

Then it was time to party.











Reviews 57
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear