Search:

SIYE Time:19:03 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


May Second
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 57
Summary: It was a date he'd never forget. The date he met her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 57541; Chapter Total: 3360





Author's Notes:
Thanks for the great reviews and the nominations, much appreciated. xx




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


And so it was, on the picturesque grounds of Potter manor, two years exactly from the day they met, Harry and Ginny Potter took the next step in their relationship. From aquaintance to friend, friend to lover, lover to partner. Partner for life.

They had seen so many of their friends and family fall in love and marry these past two years, but today was their day. Everyone was there to celebrate them, and the love they shared.

They circulated amongst their guests, sometimes together, sometimes apart. But when apart, each knew where the other was, like a magnet humming. Ginny only needed to glance up to see Harry's eyes burning into her. Harry could feel her blazing gaze as he thanked Hagrid for his unique gift, and her contribution to the wedding ceremony.

The Weasley brothers outdid themselves with the toasts and speeches, ensuring there was a lot of laughter. The food was perfect for the occasion, and the sun shone down on them all day.

Harry and Ginny shared their first dance together, before Arthur cut in for Ginny, and Harry asked his mother to dance. Jamie and Sirius danced together, then Arthur danced with Lily, Ginny with Sirius and Harry with Molly, before everyone came to join them.

Harry excused himself, happy to stop and take a breather and watch his stunning bride dance with Lee. She exuded happiness, and he had a lifetime to share that with her. He laughed as she dragged Hagrid out to dance.

His sister joined him. “It's nearly time for you to go,” she said, watching as Molly, Luna and Ginny's sisters-in-law dragged her away. “Still not letting on to where the honeymoon is?”

Harry shook his head. “Even Ginny doesn't know.” He'd booked an exclusive room on a private resort facing the beach. Sun, sand and lots of Ginny was all he planned for the next two weeks.

“Can you believe we're all married now?” asked Jamie, rhetorically. “Nearly two years for me.”

“You'll soon be getting asked when you'll be starting a family,” chuckled Harry. His eyes found Ron, listening to his mother with one ear, while loading his plate at the buffet. “Looks like Molly's already started.”

“Not while Ron's at the top of his game,” said Jamie, matter of factly. “What about you and Ginny?”

“Not sure. She's going into her last year as a trainee, so we'll see,” he said.

Jamie looked thoughtful as she looked over the reception. Her eyes landed on Neville and Dave. “So, Ron showed me his tattoo, but I want to know what the rest of you got.”

Harry grinned. The four had stopped off at a pub in Knockturn Alley for some liquid courage, before heading to the tattoo parlour.

Ron had seen how much the absence of their father still affected both Harry and Jamie. He had decided on a doe with Jamie's name underneath, matching her female form of name with the female form of her father's Patronus.

“Dave got a jewel, for Jules, as he calls her. Nev's was the best. He got half a sleeve, of a moon goddess that has Luna's face on it,” said Harry.

“And you?” asked Jamie.

“Guess I'm too much like Dad,” said Harry, revealing a simple G in a heart. He shrugged. “What can I say, she fills my heart.”

“Well, brother, wait till you see what Ginny got,” teased Jamie.

“Ginny got a tattoo?” he asked. “When? I would have noticed when we —“

“We ducked out last night. Luna got some crazy plant, wrapped around her thigh. Er, Mimble-somthing?” asked Jamie, puzzled.

“Mimbulus Mimbletonia,” laughed Harry. He looked quizzically at his sister. “And you?”

She revealed a heart, too, with the word Ron. “Sentimental prats, aren't we?” she laughed, hugging him. “I should go and see if Ginny needs help.”

“Wait, what about Ginny? What did she get?” called Harry, as his sister walked away.

“You'll find out soon enough, brother dear,” taunted Jamie, as she disappeared into the manor.

“ Damn,” breathed Harry, his thoughts running wild. He couldn't wait to start their honeymoon.

He had to breathe easier when his mum came over to him. “ Leaving soon?” she asked.

Harry nodded. “ Ginny's gone to grab her things, then we'll do the bouquet toss, and we'll go. We're staying in a hotel tonight, before we head off tomorrow to our real destination.”

“ I won't tell anyone, even Sirius,” promised Lily, for she had gone with Harry when he'd booked it. She looked at her son. “ You made me very proud today.”

Harry smiled softly. “ Thanks Mum.”

“ You reminded me so much of your father. So handsome,” she sighed.

“ He's been on my mind a lot this week,” admitted Harry.

“ I know we didn't have a long time together, but I can see the same look on your face when you look at Ginny, as the way James looked at me. You truly love her, and it's a beautiful thing to see,” she said, gently.

“ I've never been happier than when I'm with her,” he said softly, thinking of his bride.

“ You were forced to grow up so quickly, with the public knowing all about us and all. It affected you much more than Jamie, I know that. You became our little defender, our man of the family, even at four or five,” remembered Lily, tearfully. “I worried more for you than Jamie, with all the responsibility you thrust on yourself. But here you are, years later, married, happy...I just wish your father could see you right now,” she finished in a whisper.

Harry took his mother in his arms. “ I believe Dad is watching over me, and that I'll see him again, one day. Until then, my family — Ginny, you and Jamie, you're everything to me.” He embraced her tightly.

They heard the sounds of giggling females. “ I think your bride is coming, which means it's time for you to leave. Be happy, Harry, always,” said Lily, kissing his cheek.

“ Always,” agreed Harry, and he turned to smile at Ginny, who left her friends to come to his side.

“ Mrs Potter,” greeted Lily, teasingly.

“ Mrs Potter,” grinned Ginny impishly, and she impulsively hugged her mother-in-law. “I'm so happy right now.”

“ Ginny, it's time for the garter and bouquet toss,” called Angelina, and the single guys and girls got ready.

Laughing, Ginny grabbed Harry's hand and led them to the centre of their friends. Lily smiled as she watched them go.

Sirius came up behind her and slipped an arm around her waist. “ All right?” he asked.

“ He's married,” said Lily, almost in amazement. “ My son is a married man. It seems like only yesterday we were at Diagon Alley getting his school supplies.”

Sirius laughed and hugged her. “ Harry's always done the Potter name proud.” he watched as Harry removed Ginny's garter with his teeth. He flung it away and it was captured by Dave, his training partner.

Adelinda caught the bouquet, blushing prettily when all the single Aurors present hooted. Ginny winked at her friend as the other single girls congratulated her.

“ Time for us to go, Gin,” said Harry, and he held out his hand. Without hesitation, she placed her hand in his and smiled happily at him.

It took them far longer than Harry liked to say goodbye to all their friends and family. They left the last farewell to their parents, thanking them for the wonderful celebration. It was all they had wanted for their wedding.

There would be many more important dates to come. The date they spent the first night in their new home, the date they found out Ginny was expecting. The date their son was born, then their twin daughters. The date Harry was promoted, when Frank retired early, after his marriage to Lara Kroft. Sirius moved up to the top spot, purely to prepare Harry to take over the role in the near future.

But that was all years away. Today, May Third, Harry woke to the sight of his bride next to him, sleeping peacefully. As he watched her sleep, he lovingly traced the ink on her hipbone; a heart with a H. Harry knew a happiness he had only dared to dream of.

He had thought of May second as their day, but from now on, every day would be their day.

Reviews 57
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear