Search:

SIYE Time:12:33 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


May Second
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 57
Summary: It was a date he'd never forget. The date he met her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 57567; Chapter Total: 5561







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Soooo, how was the date?”

Harry glanced up from the Daily Prophet to see his sister join him in the eat-in kitchen. “It was okay,” he replied, watching her pour a cup of tea. She thanked the family house elf who brought her a plate of toast.

“Just okay?” asked his sister.

Harry shrugged. “The dinner was nice and we both agreed the movie was average.”

“What about the kiss goodnight?” teased his sister.

Harry smiled. “Well, I don't usually kiss and tell but...”

She stopped buttering her toast and looked up, interested. “Yeah?”

“I didn't kiss her goodnight, nosey. I thanked her for a good night, and she said the same, then went upstairs,” he said.

His sister winced. “Ouch. Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea.”

“Hey, it was an okay date. I mean, there weren't any sparks or anything, but she's an interesting girl. She works in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures,” he said.

“So, are you going to see her again?” she asked.

Harry shrugged, and sipped his tea. “I see her all the time at the Ministry, it's how we met. You probably will too. Excited for next week?” he asked.

She nodded eagerly. “I can't wait! If I can't play Quidditch, working at the Department of Magical Games and Sports is the next best thing, right?”

Harry nodded. His sister was fanatical about Quidditch, and whilst she was a good flier, she just didn't have it in her to play professionally.

“Morning Harry, morning Jamie.”

They both turned to look at their mother as she came into the kitchen. “Morning Mum,” they chorused.

Lily conferred with the house elf on the meal planned for dinner. “Harry, will you be joining us this evening?” she asked.

“Yes, Mum. Neville might come over too, if that's okay?” he replied.

Lily nodded. “Of course. So, Tinky, that's five for tea. Sirius will be joining us as well,” she explained.

Lily came over to sit with her children. Every morning, she looked at her son, seeing James in every part of his features, except of course, his eyes. Her daughter, on the other hand, shared her dark red hair, but had the easy going temperament and hazel eyes of the father she had never met. Naming her daughter after James had been the least she could do to honour her late husband. Everyday she wished Dumbledore could have just been five minutes earlier, and been able to save James before he'd stood in Voldemort's way while she was upstairs prepared to protect fifteen month old Harry and her unborn child. But after James had been killed, and Voldemort was about to head upstairs, Dumbledore arrived and defeated him, once and for all. Sirius had comforted her and Harry, sprighting them away from Godric's Hollow and bringing them to Potter Manor, her parent-in-law's home. They'd lived there ever since.

“So, how was your date last night?” Lily asked Harry, who groaned. Jamie looked delighted.

“It was fine, the meal was great, the movie was average and no, I didn't kiss her goodnight, all right,” he said, exasperated.

“All right, dear,” she said, patting his hand.

“She ran upstairs before he could kiss her,” confided Jamie to her mother. Harry scowled at her, and Jamie grinned at him.

Lily looked at him in surprise, then returned her attention to her daughter. “What are you going to do today while we're at work?” she asked.

Jamie spread jam on her toast. “I'm going to Hogwarts to see Uncle Remus, he's arranged for me to go for a fly around the Quidditch pitch. I'l probably see Hagrid too,” she added.

“That sounds nice, why don't you see if Remus wants to come for tea? Don't forget to let Tinky know if he does, so she can prepare extra. Oh, and we'll need to go shopping so you'll have some nice clothes for when you start work,” said Lily.

Jamie nodded eagerly, as she ate her toast.

“If you two are going to start talking clothes, I'm out of here,” teased Harry, standing and pushing his chair in. before he could pick up his plate and cup, Tinky had banished them to the sink. Harry kissed his mother on the top of her head and patted his sister's shoulder as he passed her. “Got to get ready for work.”

“Remind Sirius about tea, would you, dear?” called Lily. Sirius was deputy head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, under his Marauder friend, Frank Longbottom.

Harry waved his arm to indicate he'd heard her and went upstairs, his mind on the date last night. He couldn't wait for his work day to be over, he really needed to talk to his best friend, Neville.

------------

“Sooo, how was your date?” teased Ginny, as Hermione joined her in the kitchen. To her surprise, Ginny's brother, Fred, was there too.

“Mor-ning,” he greeted her, drawling.

Ginny had just taken a batch of scones out of the oven, and as Hermione watched, she poured a liberal amount of jam and cream on top of the steaming scone. Fred did the same, then shoved the whole scone in his mouth.

“It was okay,” admitted Hermione, adding honey to a scone for herself.

Ginny nudged the cream towards her and poured her a cup of tea. “Just okay?” she asked, trying to be nonchalant. Fred looked on interestedly.

“What's this, you stepping out on me, Granger?” he teased.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him, then closed them as the sweetness of the honey and cream slid down her throat. “You are an amazing cook,” she sighed, sipping her tea.

Ginny shrugged. “It's just scones. Come on, tell us more. How was dinner, the movie and everything,” she encouraged.

“The dinner was delicious, the movie was average, we both agreed on that. Harry was the perfect gentleman and we went for coffee after, then he saw me home,” said Hermione.

“Yeah, and...?” asked Ginny. Fred seemed to tense as they waited for Hermione to continue.

“Nothing. I suddenly remembered I had an early morning meeting today, so I told him I had a good time and hurried upstairs and went to bed,” said Hermione.

“No kiss goodnight?” asked Ginny, strangely relieved. Beside her, Fred let out a breath he'd been holding in.

“NO! It was only a first date. Damn, no pizza left over from last night?” asked Hermione, looking in the refrigerator. “I was going to take some for lunch today.”

“Sorry, we ate it all,” shrugged Ginny, unapolegitcally. “Go get dressed, I'll make you something.”

“You don't have to, I can go to the café across the road,” said Hermione.

“I don't mind, I don't have much to do today,” shrugged Ginny.

“I should go,” said Fred, “got a shop to open. Gin, I'll see you for the afternoon shift. Tell Ron I said hi,” he said. “Catch you later, Granger,” he added cheekily.

Hermione left to get dressed, but kept her door open so the two girls could continue to talk.

“Are you seeing your brother Ron today?” asked Hermione. She had a hard time remembering which brother was which, apart from George and Fred. They owned Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, where Ginny worked part time till she started her Auror training in a couple of weeks. As an only child, she found it hard to fathom having so many siblings, but secretly envied Ginny.

“Yes, this morning. Ron's the Quidditch player,” she added, knowing Hermione still got confused with all her brothers. “He's got the morning off, but I'm meeting him at the Cannons grounds to go for a fly,” she explained. “We'll probably go to the Burrow for lunch, then I'm working this afternoon.” She bustled around the kitchen, throwing together something for Hermione's lunch.

Hermione smiled at the mention of the Burrow, a house unlike anything Hermione had ever seen. She had been warmly welcomed by the Weasley parents who had wanted to meet Ginny's prospective flat mate.

“Well, you know what I think about flying,” laughed Hermione, coming out of her bedroom as she zipped her skirt up.

“I don't think I've ever met anyone who actually hates flying,” said Ginny, shaking her head at her friend. “What about Harry, does he like flying?” she asked curiously.

Hermione shrugged. “I don't know, it never came up.”

“Well, what did you talk about? What did you learn about him?” persisted Ginny.

“Actually, he asked me lots of questions, but we didn't really talk about him,” realised Hermione.

“Like what?” asked Ginny.

“Oh, you know,” said Hermione, slipping on her shoes and checking her briefcase. She gratefully took the lunch box Ginny handed her. “I told him about discovering I was a witch when I was eleven, and attending Beaxbatons. We talked about France, and the places we've travelled, and then we talked about working at the Ministry, and how I came to meet you and how we ended up sharing the flat,” she said, hurrying in to the bathroom to check her hair.

“He seems really nice,” called Ginny. “Don't botch it up, I want to pick his brains on being an Auror.”

Hermione returned to the kitchen and picked up her briefcase. “He is really nice, but, I don't know, there's just no spark there. It actually felt like I was out with my brother, or something.”

“Well, it's early days. Maybe you need to go out with him again,” suggested Ginny, inwardly kicking herself for suggesting it. “Maybe we could have him come over for a meal or something.”

“Ginny, you know I can't cook,” protested Hermione.

Ginny shrugged. “I could cook, and we'd tell him you did it. You know, to impress him,” she quickly added.

“Maybe,” said Hermione. “About having him over, I mean. I don't need to impress anyone. If you cook, you take credit. If I see him, I'll ask him.”

“Good. Great,” said Ginny, “so I'll see you later tonight, then. You can tell me then if you see Harry. Or not,” she added, as if it didn't matter to her or not.

Hermione shot Ginny a curious look. “Yeah, sure. Have a good fly, if there is such a thing,” she laughed, as she waved goodbye.

---------------------------------------- ---

“Soooo, how was the date, mate?”

Harry groaned internally. He'd already been through this with Jamie and his mother, then Sirius. Now Neville was asking him, and he'd had enough. Then he remembered he wanted to talk to Neville about something.

“It was fine, Nev. Hermione's a nice girl,” said Harry.

Neville chuckled at his best friend. “Mate, we've been friends since we were little. You can tell me the truth. I won't judge.”

Harry looked around to make sure they weren't in hearing distance of anyone else. “It was fine, but, uh, something happened.”

“Hermione's not really a nice girl?” asked Neville, eagerly.

“NO, she is, it's not her. It's, erm, her room mate,” said Harry, lowering his voice even more.

“What about her?” asked Neville.

“I can't get her off my bloody mind,” said Harry, frustrated. “I met her for about fifteen minutes, when I went to pick Hermione up. There was this other girl there, but then Ginny came in, and she was just, ummm, perfect and cute and we talked and laughed, she likes to laugh a lot, not crazy or anything, and her eyes light up too, it's the cutest thing and -”

“Whoa, Harry, stop,” said Neville.

Harry stopped mid gush and looked at his friend. “What?”

“You like the room mate?” asked Neville.

Harry flushed and nodded. “She was just so easy to talk to, I mean Hermione is too, but in a different way. Ginny is fun, you should have seen her and Luna talking about the movies they were going to watch, it was so adorable, I really wanted to stay and watch with them, and they had pizza and-”

“HARRY!”

“What?”

“You're gushing again,” grinned Neville. He chuckled as he shook his head. “Only you get a date with a smart, pretty witch and fall for her room mate.”

Harry grinned, unabashed.

“What room mate?”

Harry and Neville's head swung to see Jamie had come into the lounge and was looking curiously between the two. “What are you two talking about?” she asked.

“Nothing; nobody,” said Harry, quickly.

“Harry's date,” said Neville, at the same time. He grimaced as he surmised Harry wanted to keep it quiet. “Nothing, squirt.”

“Don't call me squirt, Nev,” groused Jamie. She eyed Harry, making him uncomfortable. “Anyway, I came to tell you dinner's ready.”

They followed her out to the formal dining room, where Sirius was seating Lily. He greeted Neville, asking him about his work in the greenhouses.

As the house elves started serving dinner, and Neville was extolling the benefits of the Shrivelfig plant to an interested Lily, a potion developer at the Ministry, while Sirius and Jamie discussed her visit with Remus, Harry realised it was exactly twenty four hours since he met Ginny.

He wondered what she was doing.Was she watching another movie with Luna? How did they become friends? Did she like to fly? Did she have siblings, parents alive? Were they close? Did she have freckles all over her body? He grew heated as he thought long about that last one.

With a start he realised he hadn't asked Hermione any personal questions last night. His head was still full of Ginny, and he had only asked Hermione questions that would lead to how Ginny fitted into her life. He'd been surprised to find they'd met only a few months ago, through her brother Percy, who she'd worked with briefly.

He sighed heavily. Maybe he'd just built his attraction to Ginny up in his head. If he saw her again, would he still feel the same? Fifteen minutes was no time at all, a mere fleeting passage of time.

“Something on your mind, Harry?” asked Sirius.

“Ginny. What, no-I mean, no, just tired. Late night last night, that's all,” he stammered, fake yawning and stretching.

“Yeah, cos that was convincing,” said Lily, dryly. She exchanged an amused look with Sirius.

“Ginny? You said Ginny. Who's Ginny?” asked Jamie. She looked between Harry and Neville, who was trying not to laugh.

“Leave your brother alone, squirt,” said Neville.

“Neville Longbottom, I am not five years old anymore. Stop calling me squirt,” fumed Jamie, slamming her knife and fork down hard on the table, and making everyone jump.

“Er, sure, Jamie,” said Neville, his ears flushing red. “Sorry.”

Appeased, Jamie returned her attention to her brother. “So, is Ginny the girl you went out with last night?”

Harry shook his head, and fixated on the meal in front of him.

“Ahh, I think I've got it. Ginny's the room mate,” guessed Jamie.

Harry sucked in a breath, and nearly choked on a pea. Neville thumped his back to stop his coughing. “Wha-what?” he spluttered. He took a gulp of iced water. “I don't want to talk about it.”

“Fine,” said Jamie, gruffly. As Hary met her eyes, he knew this wasn't the last they'd talk of Ginny tonight, but to her credit, she did change the subject. “I think Uncle Remus has a girlfriend,” she announced.

“What?” gasped Lily and Sirius.

Jamie nodded. “That's why he couldn't come to dinner tonight, he already 'had plans' ,” she said, using her fingers to denote his quote.

“He hasn't said anything to me,” said Sirius, thoughtfully.

“I'm pretty sure it's someone we know. She firecalled him while I was there, to confirm the time and place they were meeting. It was some restaurant, and you know what, I'm sure I've heard the voice before,” said Jamie, thoughtfully.

“It could be a fellow professor at Hogwarts,” guessed Lily, looking to Sirius, who shrugged.

“I can't believe he wouldn't tell me if he's seeing somebody,” mused Sirius. “I wonder if he's told Frank.”

“Well, looks like love is in the air,” said Jamie, looking pointedly at her brother.

“What about you, squirt, are you seeing anybody?” asked Neville, looking at Jamie.

Everybody except Neville winced as Jamie slammed her knife and fork down again, shot Neville a withering look and stormed out of the dining room.

“What did I say?” asked Neville, helplessly.







Reviews 57
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear