Search:

SIYE Time:17:11 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


May Second
By Pottermum

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Humor, Poetry, Romance
Warnings: Intimate Sexual Situations, Mental Abuse, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 57
Summary: It was a date he'd never forget. The date he met her.
Hitcount: Story Total: 57540; Chapter Total: 5428







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The next couple of weeks flew by, and each Potter was busier than ever. Soon enough, it was the Friday before his party, and Harry left the Ministry. He hurried home, hoping to catch his mother or his sister.

Harry was nervous but excited for his party, for it would be the first time his mother would meet Ginny. Things were moving pretty quickly between them, and Harry wanted to use the party to let his friends and family know that he was in a relationship with her. It had only been a matter of weeks since they had first met, but Harry couldn't be happier.

Things had been going really well. They'd had a couples date with Neville and Luna, with the other two still completely besotted with each other. Luna would gaze at Neville when he discussed his work as though he had discovered the meaning of life. Neville was just as bad. When Luna started talking about the creatures she loved, Neville listenened attentively, and if anyone started dissing Luna and her theories, Neville quickly stood up for her. It was sweet to see.

Harry and Ginny had also had a date with Ron and Jamie, and despite his initial misgivings, he found Ron to be quite a nice guy, and totally respectful of Jamie. To Harry's amusement, his sister put her elbow in the butter dish when he asked her to pass it to him, she was so focused on Ron.

Things with Ginny were going so well; they were going out at least three times a week after work, sometimes with their Auror co-workers, where they bitched about work, although they all loved it. Sometimes it would be a quick catch up meal with George and his girlfriend, Angelina, in the flat above WWW where they lived. Twice they'd been to the Burrow, where Harry was sure he'd gained two stone just from the magnificent meal Mrs Weasley had prepared. He'd yet to meet the rest of the family, but felt quite at home amongst the loving family.

But the best times were when it was just the two of them, telling each other about their day, or something that happened that that wanted to share. Harry and Ginny traded happy stories of growing up, yet Harry held back from mentioning his father. To his relief, Ginny never prodded, although he was aware she knew he deliberately drew her questions away from him.

So all that was left was for Ginny to meet his mother. Sirius, he knew, already knew Ginny from work. She was already known around the offices as a firecracker, for her temper and her love of a good prank. Sirius thought she was brilliant, and privately thought she was a perfect match for Harry.

Lily and Sirius still were at odds, which perplexed Harry. Neither would tell him why, so he didn't know how to fix things. Sirius told him to ask his mother when Harry first confronted him, yet Lily simply said things would return to the way they should be soon enough. It was frustrating, but they both promised it wouldn't affect his birthday celebrations.

Lily had met Hermione through work, as they had both been in the library one day. Lily was impressed with the girl's intelligence and enthusiasm for her work, and wondered why Harry wasn't taken with her. She made up her mind that, if things didn't work out for Harry and Ginny, to push for Hermione to get another shot.

Neville and Luna were the first to arrive at the party, followed quickly by some of Harry's Auror mates. Dave and Julie arrived, and he spoke with them while Neville went to greet his Aunt Lily and introduce her to Luna. Lily thought she was sweet and was pleased to see the two so taken with each other.

Sirius arrived, and was shephered outside to begin cooking the barbecue. The Aurors, Harry, Neville and Luna sat around, teasing him about his cooking skills. Lily sighed as she looked out the window at Sirius. She hated the distance between them, but didn't know how to make it right. After all these years, could she...should she...dare she?

“Mum, how do I look?” asked Jamie, coming downstairs.

Lily turned to look at her daughter. She had really matured in such a short time. '< Being in love suited her', thought Lily. She smiled. “You look beautiful, sweetheart,” she said.

“I can't wait for you to meet Ron,” sighed Jamie. “He's been looking forward to meeting you, too.”

“Well, it's a big day for me. I get to meet Ron and Ginny,” laughed Lily.

Jamie impulsively hugged her mother. “You'll love them both, Mum. Ginny's wonderful and Ron is-”

“Amazing,” they both said together, and laughed.

“Okay, I may have said it a few times, but he really is, Mum,” said Jamie.

Lily stroked her daughter's hair, so like her own. “As long as he does right by you, he's fine with me,” she said.

Harry popped his head in. “Hey Mum, Uncle Frank's here,” he said.

“I'll be out soon, I'll just check with Tinky on the rest of the food preparation,” she said, and left to go to the kitchen.

Harry nodded and looked at his sister. “You look nice.”

“Thanks,” said Jamie. She came over to him and hugged him. “It's going to be a great day for your party. Did you and Ginny have a nice night last night with Neville and Luna?”

They walked outside, back towards their guests. “It was a nice dinner at Longbottom Manor,” he said. “Ginny got cornered for a bit with Nev's gran, but she handled it well, said she reminded her of some great aunt she's got, Muriel, I think.”

“What did Luna give Nev for a birthday present?” asked Jamie.

Harry chuckled. “He was almost delirious. She got him a Mimbulus Mimbletonia, apparantly it's his favourite plant in the world. Who knew?”

“Luna, obviously. They are so sweet together,” said Jamie, looking over to where Luna was talking to a group of Aurors, who looked slightly stunned. Neville beamed proudly at her side.

“Oh, where are they?” asked Jamie, looking around. “Where are Ron and Ginny? I wanted them to be the first ones here.”

“Knowing Ginny, she slept late. We got home pretty late last night,” said Harry, looking at his watch. His father's watch, given to him on his seventeenth birthday.

“Oh, you know her sleeping habits, do you?” teased Jamie.

Harry flushed. “Not like that, nosey.” They had yet to take their relationship to that final step, although they had come close a couple of times.

“Harry?” Sirius beckoned him over to where he and Frank were manning the barbecue, and Harry went over to them.

Jamie was watching the clusters of people, talking, laughing and enjoying the lovely day, when she felt two arms encircle her waist from behind. “Hello, beautiful.”

She spun around, crying in delight to see Ron had finally arrived. “You're here, finally,” she said. She threw her arms around him and kissed him, oblivious to the whistles and hoots from Harry's friends.

They broke apart, and Ron handed her a single red rose, tied with a red ribbon. “I saw it and thought of you,” he said.

“Ron, it's beautiful,” she said, inhaling the strong fragrance the stunning flower emitted.

Ron smiled and looked around. “So this is Potter Manor, where you grew up. A bit different from the Burrow,” he noted.

Harry came up and joined them. “Hi Ron, good to see you again. Congratulations on the win last week. What's that, four in a row?”

Ron nodded and put his arm around Jamie's waist. “Ever since I met Jamie, we've won. She's my good luck charm,” he said. Jamie beamed.

He handed Harry a gift. “Happy Birthday.”

“Thanks, you didn't have to get me anything,” said Harry. He unwrapped the gift to find a professional broom servicing kit. “Wow, thanks. Can't wait to try it out.”

“What sort of broom have you got?” asked Ron.

“A Firebolt, it was a birthday gift two years ago from mum and Jamie,” said Harry.

“Fast broom, good for Seekers,” noted Ron. “Come over to the Burrow some time, we'll get a match going. We all play, except Percy.”

“Sounds good,” agreed Harry.

Jamie stood on her tiptoes to kiss Ron on the cheek. “Come and meet Mum,” she said. She took him by the hand and dragged him away. Ron grinned and shrugged at Harry, stopping only to pick up a bouquet he'd left on a table.

“So that's the boyfriend,” said Sirius, from behind Harry. “Ginny's brother, right?”

“Yes,” said Harry. He wished Ginny would arrive. His Auror friends had brought dates, Neville and Luna were here, and now Ron was here with Jamie. “Are things better with you and Mum?” he asked his godfather.

Sirius shrugged. “Did she say anything to you?” he asked. Harry shook his head, and Sirius' face fell slightly. “Then, no.”

“Come on, Sirius, please tell me,” implored Harry.

“It's not for me to say. I've wanted to tell you and Jamie for some time now, but your mum — well, let's say she has her reasons,” said Sirius, slightly bitter.

Frank came over and put an arm around both their shoulders. “Is Remus coming today?”

“I think so. I'm pretty sure he firecalled Mum the other night,” said Harry. He looked at the two men. “Have you heard anything about him seeing somebody?”

Sirius shook his head. “Not me, but I've been...preoccupied lately.” He looked through the french doors to where Lily was being introduced to Ron. He saw the young man hand Lily a colourful bouquet.

Frank wanted to roll his eyes. Couldn't anybody see what was going on right in front of them? “I have my suspicions,” he said gleefully.

Unfortunately for Frank, Harry's attention was diverted by the arrival of Ginny, Fred and Hermione, and Sirius was too focused on Lily. Frank simply sighed and went back to the barbecue, now being watched over by a couple of his young Aurors.

/*/*/*/*

Lily was pleasantly surprised when Ron handed her a fragrant bouquet. “Thank you, they're beautiful.”

“I've been looking forward to meeting you, Mrs Potter,” said Ron.

They chatted briefly about Ron's Quidditch career, and life on the road. Ron admitted he was used to the camraderie of his teammates, having been brought up the youngest of six brothers.

Lily enquired about his family and upbringing, all the while feeling Sirius' eyes on her. Sure enough, when she looked up, his eyes were on her. She smiled weakly, but he turned and went to speak with Frank. Lily turned her attention back to Ron and her daughter when she heard a cheer from outside.

“I think Ginny's arrived,” chuckled Jamie.

The three went to the french doors and peered out. Sure enough, Hermione and two other red heads walked from the Apparition spot towards the verandah where Lily planned to have them eat.

Harry walked down to meet them and Lily saw the girl she assumed was Ginny break away from the other two and run towards him, her face alight. She jumped into his arms and he laughed and twirled her, before setting her down and kissing her passionately, to the cheers of the onlookers

“Yep, that's Gin,”chuckled Ron affectionately.

“Shall we go and join the party?” suggested Lily.

Ron nodded and held out both arms to escort the ladies out. Lily was impressed and slid her arm through his, and they went out to greet the new arrivals.

“Hello, Mrs Potter,” greeted Hermione.

“Please, call me Lily,” said Lily. “I'm happy you could make it, Hermione.”

Hermione introduced Fred. “This is Fred Weasley, one of the owners of Weasley Wizarding Wheezes in Diagon Alley.”

“Another Weasley?” grinned Lily.

Fred bowed magnificently. “Ron's the tallest, Gin's the feistiest, and I'm the handsome one. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Potter.”

“Lily, please,” said Lily. She looked to see Harry and Ginny were laughing and talking with Frank, Sirius and the other Aurors and their partners. “So Ginny is the feisty one?”

Fred laughed. “Harry will have his hands full with her.”

Lily smiled, but she wasn't sure if she liked the sound of that. Hermione, with her common sense and no nonsense ways seemed a much better match. She looked at her son, and wanted to weep. He looked so much like James, and although it hurt to remember, the way he looked at Ginny reminded her of the way James used to look at her. “He loves her,” she realised, whispering to herself. “Oh James, I miss you so much.”

With her heart full, she returned to the kitchen. It was nearly time to serve.

She had just checked on things with Tinky when she heard footsteps behind her. “Mum?”

She turned and saw Harry standing there with Ginny. “Mum, here you are, I've been looking for you. Mum...this is Ginny.” He looked at his girlfriend with stars in his eyes.

“Hello Mrs Potter, it's nice to finally meet you,” said Ginny. “I'm sorry to be the last to arrive. I-I brought some dessert.” She handed over a box, feeling quite anxious. She had to admit, she had been nervous to meet Harry's mum, and Hermione's fussing and telling her not to worry, that Lily Potter was a nice lady, hadn't helped. Hence, the lateness.

“It's nice to meet you, too, Ginny, and please, call me Lily. You didn't need to bring anything, but thank you.” She opened the box and smiled. “Treacle tart, Harry's favourite.”

“I made it myself,” admitted Ginny.

“Yum, I can't wait to taste it. If it's half as good as your mum's, it'll be delicious,” said Harry. “Thanks, Gin.” He kissed her cheek.

“Food's ready,” called Frank from outside.

Lily smiled at Harry and Ginny and handed them a platter each. “Lunch is ready. If you'll take those, and I bring this one, we're ready. Thank you, Tinky, you've done a wonderful job,” she praised her house elf.

The birthday lunch was a great success. Harry's Auror friends asked Fred about some of the inventions he and George came up with, while Luna entertained Fred and Sirius with talks of the Crumple Horned Snorkak. Ginny told Neville about the hazing she and her fellow trainees had been put through. Lily was content to sit back and take it all in. All in all, it was a happy day.

After the birthday cake had been eaten, people began to leave. They thanked Lily for her hospitality and again wished Harry a happy birthday. Jamie left to spend some alone time with Ron before going to the Burrow for dinner. Lily had liked the young man and was content for them to continue dating.

Fred offered to take Hermione home and Neville, Luna and Frank departed for Longbottom Manor.

Ginny and Harry started to tidy up, and in the process, began a water fight. Sirius quickly joined them, and Lily escaped into the house, to over see the clean up. It was over in a matter of minutes, and Ginny and Harry fled upstairs to change. Ginny emerged, dryer, and wearing Harry's favourite Muggle David Bowie tee shirt that she was always threatening to knick. Holding hands, they headed out to continue the clean up.

Meanwhile, Sirius had retreated to the kitchen to find Lily. She looked up as he came in. “Sirius Black, don't you take another step in here without doing a drying spell,” she warned.

Sirius grinned and came closer.

“Sirius! she warned.

He stalked her around the kitchen island bench, his eyes gleaming in anticipation of the chase. Lily gasped and ran, and he ran after her; both laughing.

He cornered her, leering as he came closer. “Sirius,” she warned, her hand up to stop him.

“Lily,” he mimicked, continuing to come closer.

Suddenly she gulped. “Stop. Please.” She said the last on a whisper of desperation.

Sirius stopped for a second; his face pained. “I'm sorry, Lily, but I can't.” And with that, he stepped closer, took her in his arms and kissed her.

/*/*/*/*

Harry was kissing Ginny after she had toasted him with champagne. “Stay, please. It's my birthday and I want you to stay.”

“Well, maybe for dinner,” conceded Ginny.

“Brilliant,” he said, kissing her again. “I'll go let my mum know you're staying.”

Harry left her to gather all his presents together, and he ran inside, sipping his champagne. He heard his mum call out to Sirius, and he heard them laughing. His heart lightened by the fact that they must have fixed whatever was bothering them, he ran into the kitchen, only to see the two of them locked in an embrace, and Sirius kissing his mum. What was worse was that Lily was kissing Sirius back.

Harry wasn't even aware that he had still had the glass in his hand. “M-Mum?” he said, totally in shock.

As Sirius and Lily turned to stare at him in shock, the glass fell to the ground, smashing into hundreds of pieces.

Lily and Sirius stared in horror at the shards of glass all around him. “Harry — ” beseeched Lily, reaching out a hand to him.

But Harry turned and fled. Ginny was unaware, still outside, her arms laden with gifts. Harry didn't even see a beaming Remus, who had had just arrived, with his arm around Tonks.

He raced upstairs, just needing to get away from them all. ' What the hell?'









Reviews 57
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear