Search:

SIYE Time:9:11 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Price of Victory
By potterfan2008

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Sirius Black
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Disturbing Imagery, Rape, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 70
Summary: The Price of Victory – Almost eight years after Voldemort’s defeat, some of those who fought to defeat him were still paying the price. Ginny Weasley had been sacrificed to the son of a Death Eater to pay her family’s debts. Now she was trying to save her children from becoming like their father. Will end up H/G, but does not start that way. *Trigger warnings – non-consensual sex, Domestic Violence*
Hitcount: Story Total: 19152; Chapter Total: 2353





Author's Notes:
Thanks again to my beta, Arnel and my Brit picker, Mark! I appreciate the help.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny managed a smile for her mother as Bill set her down on the settee in the small drawing room. A moment later, a healer hurried in accompanied by Kingsley. She smiled gently at Ginny as she knelt down next to her.

“I’m Healer Moore. What happened, dear?”

“I was out walking,” Ginny explained, feeling a bit embarrassed by all of the attention. “The lane was rather dark and I fear I twisted my ankle.”

Nodding the woman quickly healed the ankle and handed Ginny a vial of anti-inflammatory potion. “This will take care of any swelling and pain you might have.”

“Thank you,” Ginny replied gratefully.

The healer and Kingsley withdrew, leaving Ginny with her family. Mrs Weasley hurried over and hugged her daughter, followed closely by Mr Weasley. Bill and Fleur sat on the sofa across from Ginny while Ron gave her a quick hug and retreated to the fireplace.

“Where is everyone?” Ginny asked.

A shadow crossed Mrs Weasley’s face. “Percy is here with a lovely young lady, Audrey, who he has been seeing lately. I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to see you. Fred and George are not here, they are opening a shop in Hogsmeade and they’ve been spending quite a bit of time up there. They were sorry to miss you.”

Ginny frowned slightly. She wasn’t allowed to see her family very often, so she’d hoped to see all of her brothers tonight.

“Were you able to bring the children with you?” Mrs Weasley asked hopefully.

Ginny shook her head. “No, Draco wanted them to stay in the country. I’m hoping he will let me bring them for a visit a bit later in year.”

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a set of photos that she handed to her mother. “I had these pictures done a few weeks ago.”

Mrs Weasley smiled as she looked at her oldest grandchildren. “Perseus is looking so handsome and Orion is getting so big. Arthur, look at Titania, she looks just like Ginny when she was little.”

“They are lovely, dear,” Mr Weasley said as he gazed down at his grandchildren. “I can’t believe how big the boys are. I do hope they are able to come visit us. Perseus had so much fun at the Burrow last year. Orion was fascinated by the gnomes.”

Ginny laughed. “Yes, the boys talked about that visit for months. They loved learning to swim and can’t wait to come back and go swimming at your house.”

“Damn, they look just like Malfoy,” Ron said in obvious displeasure. “Is he teaching them Unforgivables yet?”

“Ronald!”

“What?!”

Ginny glared at her brother, her fingers itching for her wand. “Those are my children you are talking about!”

His ears reddening slightly, Ron jumped as Bill slapped him on the back of the head. His mother was glaring at him and his father…well, his father was giving him a look that conveyed just how disappointed he was. Ron flushed further. “Sorry, I just hate the idea that Malfoy is the father of my niece and nephews.”

“I hate the idea that he is the father of my children,” Ginny replied evenly. “That doesn’t change the fact that he is. Perseus and Orion are good boys. They love to fly and play outside. Titania loves to chase after her older brothers. They are all good children. Draco has very little to do with them. I am doing the best I can seeing as I am raising my children with very little help and I’m unable to see my family more than a few times a year. I do not ever want to hear you talking about them like that again.”

Quailing under his sister’s glare, Ron muttered an apology. Ducking his head, he tried to blend into the furniture to avoid his father’s disappointed look and the anger in his brother’s eyes. He had very mixed feelings about his sister. While he loved her and wished her well, the fact that he’d gone to South Africa with Neville to celebrate graduating from Hogwarts and returned to find Ginny married to Malfoy was still difficult to understand.

He would admit he didn’t react well when he first found out. His father’s explanation was unbelievable — because they owed money Ginny had to marry Malfoy. Why hadn’t she done something? Why had she gone through the wedding? He didn’t know how to handle that revelation.

He’d yelled and screamed and threatened until Bill pointed out that he was just making things harder for
his sister and his parents. It was a confusing and infuriating that his baby sister was married to the man who’d been a thorn in his side his whole time at Hogwarts. It was embarrassing and he never knew what to say to people who asked about the marriage.

Shaking off her irritation at her brother, Ginny enjoyed her visit with her parents and oldest brother. Ron headed out into the ballroom. Malfoy looked furious, but Ron decided to stay away from him rather than bait him as he may have done in the past.

Percy approached from the opposite side of the ballroom. “How is she?”

“She’s fine,” Ron said. “She sprained her ankle while she was out walking. The healer fixed her in no
time.”

When Audrey approached Percy smiled at her and said to his brother, “You remember Audrey.”

Ron nodded. “Hello, Audrey.”

“Hi, Ron.” Glancing at Percy she asked, “Is your sister okay?”

Percy nodded uneasily.

“Do you want to say hi?”

Looking down at the floor, the tips of Percy’s ears reddened. “I don’t know that she would want to see me.” Looking up at his brother and girlfriend, he admitted, “I always feel so guilty when I see her. She’s never blamed me or said anything, but I feel so horrible that my actions are a part of what landed her in such an unhappy alliance.”

“I think she’d still like to see you,” Ron said. “She asked where everyone was.”

Before Percy could respond, Ginny emerged from the drawing room where she’d been visiting with her parents. She spotted her brothers and headed their direction.

“Percy!” Ginny exclaimed. She held out both her hands. He took her hands and kissed her on the cheek.

“You look lovely,” Percy said sincerely. Gesturing to his girlfriend, he said, “Ginny, this is my girlfriend, Audrey. Audrey, this is my sister, Ginny.”

Smiling Ginny shook Audrey’s hand. “It is nice to meet you.”

She spent some time becoming acquainted with her brother’s new girlfriend before dancing with each of her brothers. She loved the time she was able to spend with each of them, but she had to admit she spent more time with Bill. They’d always had a special relationship and she adored her oldest brother.
The only dark cloud on the horizon was Malfoy. After his outburst when she’d arrived in the ballroom, he’d played the concerned husband. He spent some time charming her mother and danced with Ginny several times. She danced with each of her brothers and her father.

Thankfully her husband had plenty of women vying to dance with him so she was able to enjoy herself without him hovering over her. She was surprised to see Susan Bones mingling with Draco’s group. The girl who’d spilled her cocktail on her, Astoria, was busy either glaring at Ginny or fawning over Draco. Ginny wanted to tell her that she was welcome to him, but of course she didn’t.




Ginny woke early, relieved that Malfoy had not joined her during the night. After showering and making certain her makeup was impeccable, she headed down to breakfast. As she reached the first floor landing, Draco was heading upstairs. It was obvious that he’d just arrived home. He was wearing the same clothes as the previous night although they now looked quite rumpled. Idly she wondered with whom he’d spent the night as she didn’t smell Pansy’s overwhelming perfume.

Towering over her, he sneered at her. “I haven’t forgotten that little stunt you pulled last night.”

“It wasn’t a stunt,” she retorted as she pulled away from the overwhelming smell of Firewhiskey on his breath. “As you seem to be otherwise occupied, I will be spending the day with my family.”

“Your purpose in this marriage is to rehabilitate my image,” Draco growled as he grabbed her arm and shoved her up against the wall. “Madam Bones was telling me last night that she was considering lifting some of the restrictions on my business ventures. You have served that purpose quite nicely. You’ve even provided me with an heir and two spares — although the girl is a bit of a disappointment. Don’t overestimate my continued need for you. I can get rid of you very easily.”

Shaken, Ginny tried not to let her fear show on her face. She must not have succeeded for he laughed.

“Maybe I should bring the boys into the city. It should be time for them to get to know their father.”

Fear froze her into place as he laughed and ambled up the stairs. She couldn’t let him get his hands on her sweet boys. So far he’d ignored them and she was thrilled to keep it that way, but if he started indoctrinating the boys…she couldn’t stand if they became like their father and grandfather.

She continued on her way downstairs, her mind racing. How could she keep her children safe? Narcissa was already sitting down to breakfast when she arrived. Glancing over at her mother-in-law, she wondered if Narcissa would help her protect her boys. Even as the thought crossed her mind, she knew it would never happen.

As far as she could tell, Narcissa had been very much in love with Lucius and she still mourned his loss. She turned a blind eye to his many infidelities, she didn’t seem to mind playing second fiddle to Voldemort, and she’d encouraged her son to live up to his father’s legacy. It was baffling to Ginny who honestly couldn’t find any redeeming qualities in her late father-in-law. He’d made it quite clear that once she’d given Draco an heir, Draco was expected to share her. Shuddering slightly, she was glad that threat had not come to pass.

After greeting Narcissa and helping herself to some eggs and toast, Ginny ate mechanically. It could have been coal for all she was tasting it. Her mind was racing. How could she prevent Draco from corrupting her sons? Her first thought was to talk to her family, but she quickly dismissed that idea. If they could stand up to Draco, she wouldn’t be married to him.

“What are your plans for today, Ginevra?” Narcissa asked.

“I thought I would visit my parents,” Ginny replied. “I will be returning to Wiltshire soon and I would like to spend some time with them.”

Narcissa nodded. “An owl came earlier from the children. Draco put it on his desk if you would like to read it.”

Ginny managed to restrain her first impulse to jump up and find the letter and continued to eat her breakfast. She knew spontaneous or impulsive behaviour was frowned upon in the Malfoy household. Early in her marriage Draco had taken great delight in making sure she learned proper behaviour. Those lessons were not easily forgotten.

After finishing her breakfast, Ginny took her leave from her mother-in-law and headed into Draco’s study. It had been Lucius’s study before Draco started using it. She hated the heavily panelled walls, dark heavy curtains, and dark furniture. In another room it might be considered elegant, but Ginny always thought the decor was touched with evil. Rumour had it that the Dark Lord had used this room when he’d stayed with the Malfoys.

She easily found the letter from her children. Perseus had written most of the note, but Orion had also carefully written his name. Titania had drawn a picture for her on which Perseus had written Titania’s name. She smiled as she read the note. Leaning back in the chair, she studied her daughter’s picture trying to decide exactly what she’d drawn. She thought perhaps it was a duck, but she wasn’t entirely sure.

Pulling out a fresh sheet of parchment, she wrote a note to the children telling them all about the house she’d visited. She talked about the ducks and the pond, knowing the children would like that. As she signed the note, she thought she should get a picture from the night before. She knew there were photographers at the ball. Titania loved seeing pictures of her mother all dressed up.

As she stood, she caught sight of a folded piece of parchment that was on the edge of the fireplace. Draco had probably thrown it towards the fire. He had a bad habit of not hitting the fire and then yelling at the elves for littering. Thinking to save an elf unearned punishment, she picked up the note.

Draco,

We’ve been travelling quite a bit this summer. I made a side trip to Durmstrang. It is an excellent school and it still holds our beliefs dear. Hogwarts has deteriorated so much in past decades. I would strongly urge you to send your boys to Durmstrang. It doesn’t matter so much with the girl, but the boys need to be properly educated.

Kazakhstan is lovely this time of year. Your uncle and I have been doing a lot of skiing in the mountains around Almaty. We’ve met a lot of like-minded friends. You should come for a visit and meet our friends. They would love to meet you.

AD


Ginny’s hand trembled as she re-read the note. Looking around to make sure she wasn’t observed, she threw another piece of parchment into the fire and pocketed Draco’s note. This was proof that he was continuing to work with his Uncle Rodolophus. As she sent her note to her children, she wondered what to do with Draco’s note.

The safest thing would be to destroy it. If he knew she was even thinking of working against him he wouldn’t hesitate to kill her, of that she had no doubt, but she couldn’t let him turn their children into miniature versions of him.




Nervously, Ginny knocked on the door of Shell Cottage. She’d spent quite a bit of time at her brother’s house the summer after the war, but she hadn’t been there in many years.

Fleur opened the door. “Ginny!”

Surprise graced her face, but she embraced her sister-in-law and let her inside. “I’m zo glad you came.”

“I’m sorry to come without an invitation,” Ginny said.

“Don’t be silly,” Bill said as he entered the kitchen. Pulling his sister into a big hug, he said, “You are always welcome in our house.”

“Thank you,” Ginny said.

“Is something wrong?” Bill asked as he looked down at his sister.

She looked up at him, tears swimming in her eyes. “I need help and I’m not sure exactly where to turn.”

“I weel go check on zee children,” Fleur said giving the siblings privacy.

Once the door shut behind Fleur, Bill gestured for Ginny to sit down at the kitchen table. “What can I do for you, love?”

“I know this is probably incredibly…poor manners, but can you get a hold of Harry Potter? I need to speak to him if possible. I believe he may be able to help me.”

Raising his eyebrows, Bill nodded and headed for the fireplace. Ginny let her attention wander while Bill carried on a conversation. She prayed she was doing the right thing — she had to do something.

After a rather intense conversation, Bill stood back. “He’s coming through.”

Ginny stood as Harry came through the Floo. She watched him as he shook hands with her brother. He was very handsome. Today he was dressed casually in a t-shirt and faded blue jeans. When he turned to face her, his incredible green eyes seemed to hold her in place.

“Mrs Malfoy,” Harry said as he bowed over her hand. “I understand you wished to speak with me.”

Ginny nodded as she swallowed nervously. Her eyes darted over to her brother and he took her hint. Kissing her on the cheek, Bill said, “I will go check how Fleur is doing.”

Once Bill left, Ginny asked Harry to sit down at the table with her. “Mr Potter, I’m sorry to bother you, but I didn’t know where to turn.”

“What can I do for you?”

Taking a deep breath, Ginny said, “I believe you know the circumstances of my marriage.”

She looked over at him and Harry nodded. She continued, “I’ve honoured my marriage and kept my part of the bargain for almost eight years. My husband usually stays in London with his whores and I stay at home with the children. Whilst I have no respect for my husband, I love my children and I’m doing my best to raise them properly. He has very little to do with the children, so they haven’t been exposed to his ridiculous blood status prejudices.”

Blinking back tears, she took a minute to calm herself. She was very grateful to Mr Potter for sitting quietly and letting her tell her story at her pace. “I don’t know much about Malfoy’s business dealings. I’m not even entirely sure how the family made their money.” She laughed a bit ruefully. “I don’t want to know too much as I’m certain it was extremely distasteful.”

“Trust me, you are better off not knowing,” Harry said.

Ginny nodded. “Draco came home this morning…he was very upset with me. Claimed I was calling attention to myself and putting him in a bad light.” She shrugged. “I’m used to his contempt, but this morning he said that I’ve served my purpose in our marriage. I’ve helped to rehabilitate his reputation and provided him with an heir and a spare. He claimed he could get rid of me in a way that wouldn’t raise suspicion. Even worse, he threatened to bring my boys into the city so they can learn from him.”

Wordlessly Harry handed her a handkerchief. She took it and wiped away her tears. “I can’t let him corrupt my children. This morning I was in his study reading notes from my children. I found this note in the fireplace. Draco has a bad habit of throwing notes into the fireplace and not hitting the fire. He normally punishes some random elf for his mistake. I thought to save some elf from punishment until I read the note.”

She handed Harry the note. He read it through. “So he is in touch with his uncle.”

Ginny nodded. “I’ve always suspected he was, but of course he and his mother deny it. They try to not talk about things in front of me.”

“AD is Antonin Dolohov?” Harry asked.

“I believe so,” Ginny said. “They always thought of him as a ‘dear family friend’. I believe he visited one time while I was there. I wasn’t allowed out of my room except at certain times. I originally thought it must have been Lestrange, but from some of the things I overheard I think it was actually Dolohov.” She shivered. “The stories I’ve heard about both of them scare me. After my daughter was born, Narcissa mentioned that Antonin might be able to arrange a suitable marriage for her. I shudder to think who they think might be appropriate. I was able to talk them out of it, but I think they still are keeping that in mind — she’s only three.”

Looking Harry straight in the eye, she said, “I am terrified at the thought of betraying my husband. He would not hesitate to kill me, but if I have the chance to get him out of our lives I will risk it.”

“I understand you are in a bad position,” Harry said. “I will do my best to see that you and your children are protected. When are you planning to return to Wiltshire?”

“The day after tomorrow,” Ginny replied. “That’s the plan at least.”

“Does your husband know where you are?”

“He knows I’m visiting family,” Ginny explained, “but I didn’t tell him whose house I was going to visit.”

Nodding, Harry pushed open the door to the living room. Ginny took a deep breath to calm her nerves as she heard Harry talking to her brother. Ignoring them for now, she stepped towards the windows. Her brother’s house was close to the water. She loved that about his home. She idly wondered if she could arrange a beach holiday for her children — they would really enjoy it.

Stepping back into the kitchen, Harry said, “I’ve spoken to your brother. He says that Draco doesn’t usually have someone follow or track you, is that your experience as well?”

She nodded. He continued, “Bill has enough wards so if Malfoy does send someone here, he wouldn’t be able to tell if you were here or not, but I’ve also cast some spells to notify me if someone comes to check up on you. I would like you to come over to my godfather’s house. I have some questions to ask you and it would be better to ask you there.”

Seeing the concern on her face, Harry hastened to reassure her that Sirius would be home as well. Cautiously she nodded. After telling Bill their plan, Harry extended his arm and Side-Along Apparated her to his godfather’s house in London.

Sirius Black’s house was much nicer and brighter than the Malfoy townhouse. Ginny blushed under Sirius’ attention when Harry introduced her, but she found she liked the older man. He was much kinder than she expected based on his reputation as Harry’s teacher and protector. The three of them retired to Sirius’ study.

Ginny was honestly surprised to discover how many details she recalled about her husband’s business dealings. Harry was very patient and prompted her when she faltered. After nearly two hours, they had run out of questions.

“Thank you, Mrs Malfoy,” Harry said. “The information will be very helpful.”

Ginny relaxed into her chair slightly and picked up the tea cup in front of her. “I hope so.”

“What are your plans?” Harry asked.

“I will be returning to Malfoy Manor in two days,” Ginny explained. “Draco is negotiating something; I don’t know the details, but he hopes it will help him with Madam Bones. He wants me on hand in case there are dinners to attend. The old Purebloods have no problem with him sleeping with anyone he wants, but it isn’t done to bring anyone except your wife to dinner.”

Sirius sat forward. “Do you know what he is negotiating?”

Ginny shrugged. “I don’t know. For obvious reasons, my husband does not confide in me. He’s been working on Madam Bones for quite some time and hopes that whatever he is doing will give him access to his vaults.”

“That is interesting,” Harry said after glancing at his godfather. “I will have to check into that.”

The three made small talk whilst they finished their tea. Sirius asked after her children and Ginny was happy to talk about them.

“It would be nice to introduce them to Harry's godson, Teddy,” Sirius said. “After all, they are second cousins. It would be nice for them to meet.”

Ginny smiled. “It would be lovely. My children have limited exposure to other children. They are permitted to play with my brother’s children, but it is not often. As you know, my sister-in-law is part Veela and Draco can’t decide if that is acceptable or not. I believe he was disappointed to discover that Veela is not synonymous with whore.”

Harry laughed. “I can only imagine.”

Once he’d escorted Ginny back to Shell Cottage, Harry immediately Apparated to the Ministry. He would have that conversation with Kingsley now. He found the man in his office reviewing files.

“Harry!” Kingsley smiled when he caught sight of the younger wizard. Standing, he walked around his desk and held out his hand. “It’s great to see you.”

Harry smiled and shook Kingsley’s hand. “Thank you. Sorry for just dropping in on you, but I’ve come across some information I would like to run by you.”

“Of course,” Kingsley replied as he re-took his seat and gestured for Harry to sit down.

“I’ve heard rumours from several corners that Bones is considering pardoning Malfoy. Please tell me it isn’t true.”

“I wish I could, my friend. I have argued until I’m blue in the face. Many of the younger witches have fallen for his tortured victim routine and believe he’s suffered enough — I believe your old girlfriend is part of that crowd.”

“I received that message,” Harry said, disgruntled. “I can’t believe anyone would fall for that. He’s marked with the Dark Mark — you don’t get that accidentally or even against your will. Old Tom was many things, but he didn’t accept those not totally committed to him. Surely Bones know this.”

“She does, but she always has an eye on the political side of things. The young Purebloods have rallied behind Malfoy. Unfortunately his poor wife has fulfilled her part of the bargain a bit too well — she’s rehabilitated his image and provided him with an heir.”

“Please, he spends most of his time whoring in London. He couldn’t make it more obvious if he tried that he coerced that poor girl into marriage.”

“He does, but you know the old Pureblood mentality. He’s perfectly able to sleep around and do as he likes as long as he makes a nice family portrait with his wife. The fact that her family is filled with actual war heroes helps his image.”

“It can’t be that simple.”

“It’s not,” Kingsley replied. He glanced at the open door and with a wave of his wand shut the door and cast a few privacy spells.

Harry raised an eyebrow at his former mentor.

Kingsley explained, “Amelia has been under pressure to ‘put all of this mess behind us’ from the beginning, but she’s held strong. About a year ago, Malfoy found her weakness. Amelia has been trying to find a sponsor to fund a new spell damaged ward at St Mungo’s. She lost most of her family to spells no one could reverse. Draco somehow discovered this and offered to provide the funds, but of course he needs his vaults freed to truly help. He’s been working on her and he’s done it masterfully. He provides enough money that it seems like it may happen and runs out in the end. She’s ready to release his vaults in order to have that ward funded. I don’t know what he plans to do once his vaults are released. I’m damn sure it isn’t to fund a hospital ward.”

Harry frowned. “It can’t be that simple. Why didn’t she try to raise the funds or ask for help?”

Kingsley shrugged. “You know the old guard. She didn’t want to be seen as needy — even though she was needy. I think the war affected her more than she wants to let on. Amelia lost most of her family and her fiancé to the war. Susan is putting pressure on her to pardon Draco and I know Amelia doesn’t want to disappoint her. Draco has really done an excellent job in selling the ‘I didn’t know what my father got me into’ story. He claims that he did mistakenly believe in the Dark Lord’s ideals, but had no idea the Death Eaters were really killing and torturing. That’s another false idea the younger crowd is putting forward — it was only a few of the older, hard core members that held with the killing and torturing.”

Harry snorted. “What, the rest were there for a book club?”

“If they thought people would believe it, they would sell it.” Kingsley shook his head. “The Death Eaters who were killed wiped out a lot of the older families and they don’t want to lose the heirs to those families if they can avoid it. It’s so much easier to blame it on Daddy and plead ignorance. After all, their parents got away with pleading coercion after the first war.”

“Kill them all,” Harry said in disgust. “They didn’t know what was happening — I’ve fought Malfoy, Nott, Yaxley — I can’t even remember how many of them.”

“I know. I’ve been happy to share memories and stories with those willing to listen. Luna Lovegood over at the Quibbler has been publishing some of my stories describing the actions of this younger generation. The Quibbler has become a lot more respectable since Luna took over and steered it away from those made up animals her father favoured. She was actually a good friend of the young Mrs Malfoy.”

“I will have to catch up on my reading.”




“Mr Potter? Healer Hale will see you now.”

“Thank you,” Harry replied as he entered a nicely appointed, but not overly opulent office. The healer he’d come to meet was an older man with greying hair and a pleasant disposition.

“Mr Potter, it is a pleasure to meet you.” Healer Hale extended his hand. “I am Greg Hale.”

“Nice to meet you, sir.”

“My secretary told me this has something to do with the proposed new ward, is that correct?”

“Yes, sir. I’ve been told that Draco Malfoy has agreed to sponsor the new ward hoping to gain favour with Madam Bones.”

“That sounds likely,” Healer Hale admitted. “I don’t know Mr Malfoy’s exact motivation, but altruism is certainly not it. He originally came to me about eighteen months ago with an offer to underwrite the cost of adding on a new spell damage unit. I was quite excited by the offer as we’ve needed a unit like that for several years. The damage that wizards manage to inflict on each other can be horrific.

“The initial planning session revealed the fact that Mr Malfoy wanted to do this on the cheap with an emphasis on beautiful rooms and amenities rather than actually providing money for the research needed. He has to date paid very little money. I’d have to check my records, but I believe the total amount is less than five thousand Galleons.”

“How much money does opening a unit like that require?” Harry asked curiously.

Healer Hale sighed. “I was hoping to open a twenty bed unit. To open such a unit, it would cost approximately two point eight million Galleons. It is around one hundred and forty thousand Galleons per bed.”

Harry whistled. “I didn’t realize it was that expensive.”

“Nor did Mr Malfoy,” Healer Hale said dryly. “He wants to donate a few thousand Galleons and have his family name on the ward. I have been pressing him lately as I have the plans approved and a commitment from a magical construction team. If I can get the funds, I can break ground tomorrow.”

Harry nodded slowly. “May I use your Floo connection for a moment?”

“Certainly,” Healer Hale showed him to the Floo. Harry returned to the office a few moments later holding a certified check. “This is a certified Gringotts’ check for three million Galleons. Go ahead and break ground. My only request is that you return Mr Malfoy’s money and not use his name for the unit. I don’t require my name on the ward nor do I wish to be highlighted in any promotion, however you may reveal that I provided the money if you are asked.”

Healer Hale took the check with a shaking hand. “Merlin, Mr Potter. Thank you, so much. I didn’t expect…”

“I realize that,” Harry replied. “I feel badly that I didn’t think to inquire if you had any needs before this.”

Reviews 70
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear