Search:

SIYE Time:21:16 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A desire for power
By Baumi

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 53
Summary: Harry potter has a twin. Daniel Potter is the boy-who-lived, he survived the killing curse due to his mother's blood protection. Harry got a fragment of Voldemort's soul. How will history change and how far is Harry willing to go in his desire for power? Tags: Dark!Harry Dark!Ginny Soulbond H/G
Hitcount: Story Total: 35835; Chapter Total: 2264







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


  1. Outing

 

As usual, they awoke the next morning at the exact same time. Thinking about what was about to come made them feel uneasy, because despite their carefully planning and trust in each other, they could not predict how the Weasley`s would react.

 

They were set to meet with the headmaster at 09:00 AM, so they took their time to eat a hearty breakfast, thinking they might need as much energy as possible. Then proceeded to scrub themselves clean and put on their best clothes. All to make a good impression on her family, they needed every edge they could get.

 

On occasions like these, I wish my family wasn`t so poor. Even my fanciest robes have stitches, Ginny thought.

Unsure if he should react to her thought, Harry chose to say nothing, as he knew from her memories what a difficult topic money was for her family. She would not accept any pity from him, but he swore that he would give her the most expensive clothes as soon as he managed to get his hands on the Potter Vault.

 

Ginny looked at him with wide eyes and mouth open, he immediately was scared and said: “I am sorry, I shouldn`t have thought that.”

“No, that’s not it. I am mean yes, I don`t want you to spend your money on me but don’t you realise? You can claim the Potter Vault! You are of age, your brother is not, this means you are head of the Potter house.”

“Really? Well, let`s run up to Hedwig and write a letter to Gringotts right away.”

“Good idea, we have another hour until our meeting, no need to hurry.”

 

On their way up to the Owlery Harry tried to convince Ginny to let him buy her all those beautiful things she always wanted to have. She shot down all of his arguments until Harry said: “You are my wife, it`s not my money, it`s ours. And we are soulmates, so everything I buy for myself I buy for you too.”

 

Sh e looked at him like he had grown a second head and then started to laugh. “Oh wow, the first half of what you said made actually sense, but the second?”

“Well, it`s true, isn`t it? We are bound, so everything that belongs to me belongs to you.”

Ginny sighed and finally gave in, saying: “Alright, alright, I’ll let you buy me stuff, I it stops you from finding any more stupid reasons.”

“Heh!”

 

At the Owlery, Hedwig was obviously a little miffed about being neglected, much explaining by Harry and feather stroking from Ginny eased the owls mind and she took the letter to Gringotts.

 

After spending some time at the Owlery chatting about anything that wasn`t important, they made their way to the headmasters office. Stopping in front of it Harry asked: “Have you seen your brothers? I doubt they will be late.”

“I bet they are already in position upstairs, ready to argue.” She took a deep breath and said: “Here goes nothing, Mars bars.”

The gargoyles swung open and the kids stepped on the moving stairs.

Before knocking at the door they shared a short kiss and Harry squeezed her hand reassuringly. “All will be fine.”

 

T hey knocked and Dumbledore’s voice rang out: “Ahh, Harry and Ginny please come in.” He sounded even friendlier and more fatherly than usual. “Didn’t think that`s possible,” Ginny scoffed.

With a light chuckle they entered the room, just to be greeted by a puddle of stern looking red heads, Daniel and Hermione Granger.

“Hello, ehh how are you?” Ginny said uncertain.

The icy silence was broken by Mrs. Weasley who stormed towards her and pulled her in a bone crushing hug. “I am so glad to see you, come on now. Let`s get you resorted, afterwards we will deal with him.” She said the last part while glaring at Harry. “Charming.” “My whole body aches from that hug!”

 

“O kay, let`s get the sorting hat. I think we have a lot to talk about afterwards.”

The Weasley matriarch looked at her intently but gave a curt nod. The room turned towards Dumbledore who held out the sorting hat, Ginny walked over to an empty chair and sat down. The headmaster gave her a reassuring smile than then put the hat on her head.

 

“Oh hello, Miss Weasley. Oh, I should say Mrs. Potter. Is your husband able to hear me too?”

“Yes I am, hello.”
“Ahh, very well. I see that you are not willing to be resorted. I don’t think either of you would be happy in any other house anyway. No, you are still a
SLYTHERIN”

“Thanks.”

“No problem Mrs. Potter. Just doing my job.”

 

Just as she put down the hat, hell broke loose in the office. All except for Dumbledore, Harry and Ginny were screaming and yelling out loud.

Just as Ron tried to punch Harry Dumbledore let out a loud bang from his wand and silenced everybody.

The phoenix sang a soothing song and the headmaster explained kindly: “Now, that we are absolutely certain that Ginny is a Slytherin we can move on to a much more important topic. Harry and Ginny would you like to explain?”

They looked at each other and shock their heads. “I think my family will have an easier time believing you than me. But I wonder why that girl.” Pointing at Hermione. “Is here, she is neither my friend nor part of my family.”

 

“She is my friend!” Ron yelled and Daniel added: “She is the smartest witch of our age, she will know if you try something to trick us.”

“Whatever, I don`t want her here either,” Harry said, as he opened his mouth the first time.

“Nobody cares what you want, just wait until we are done with you.” One of the older brothers said.

Bill, that’s enough. If you want to know what happened to us then you will be quiet, listen to Dumbledore’s explanation and respect our wishes. We agreed on talking to our family, not to a stranger.”

 

“Mrs. Granger if you would please wait outside.”

The girl looked like someone had punched her, a face that brought great satisfaction to Ginny. “You really loathe her” Harry remarked

“I don`t, I just can`t stand people who pry.”

 

Af ter the girl had left the room, Professor Dumbledore rose once more to his feet and started explaining their story once again.

“Getting someone else to tell your lies for you is quite nice.” Ginny thought.

“… and as it stands Mr. Potter was able to save Mrs. Weasley by using the strongest power known to us.”

 

“And what would that be?” Mrs. Weasley asked angry because she couldn`t understand what the headmaster implied.

“The power of love.”

 

“Oh, please what does a twelve year old know about love?”

“Probably nothing, but that doesn`t mean they don`t have the ability to love. We don`t know exactly how it worked, but we know what it did. It formed a Soulbond between Harry and Ginny, giving them a mental connection and rendering them husband and wife.” He finished the explanation with a warm smile.

 

“Married? No, you can`t mean she married HIM!” Mrs. Weasley screamed.

The other Weasleys started taking part in the screaming competition and soon there were too many voices to understand what anybody said.

 

Only another bang by the headmaster calmed them again and Ginny used the chance to speak: “Mum, Dad, I know you don`t like this but believe me I am happier than I could ever be. This connection is perfect, there are problems but we are dealing with them.”

 

“What kind of problems, dear. Can we help?” Her father asked.

“No I don`t think so. Like I said we are dealing with them, at first we had to touch constantly, going to the toilet and showering was really difficult.”

 

“YOU TOUCHED WHILE DOING WHAT?” Mrs. Weasley screamed again but before anymore screams could come out of the hordes mouth they were silenced by a quick flick from Dumbledore`s wand. Harry mouthed a thank you to him, which was returned by a fatherly smile.

 

“Yes. Like I said, we are dealing with it. We only have to kiss every hour and spend our nights together while holding hands now. But we still prefer to hold hands, it`s like something is missing if we don`t.”

“If I wasn`t scared to death I would laugh at your family`s faces,” Harry remarked.

 

The headmaster waited a couple of minutes to calm them down and then reversed his silencing spell. “I am sure this is a great shock to you, but I assure you that a Soulbond is one of the most wonderful things our world has to offer. You should be happy for Mr. and Mrs. Potter.” Turning to the younger Weasleys and Daniel had added with an unusual stern glance: “I won’t tolerate any action that would harm their relationship, love must be fostered wherever it strikes.”

 

“But can`t you see? She is eleven, there is no way she can love someone. Especially not a Slytherin! He hexed her, I am sure! Otherwise she would have never ended up in Slytherin. I bet he placed the dark thing in the library to possess her! I will go to the Wizengamot if need be,” Mrs. Weasleys screamed.

Mr. Weasley roared: “I won`t let my daughter be enslaved by a pureblood supremistic Slytherin. This is illegal, she is underage and can`t marry! Haven`t you read the newspaper? He is the heir of Slytherin, he dragged my daughter into the Chamber of Secrets and then enslaved her! We will drag him to Azkaban, I will kill him myself if need be, I won`t tolerate this!”

 

Suddenly Ginny grew mad, a burning anger swelled in her that left Harry stunned, unable to say anything to calm her down as he did not know what had triggered it.

She took out her wand, pointed it directly at her father and said in a cold, much too mature voice for her age: “Don’t you dare to ever threaten my Soulmate again, threaten him, you threaten me. And I will fight to my last breath if I have to.”

 

The room filled with sparks and grew warm, all occupants looked shocked. Some Weasleys started to stutter apologies, but were too distracted by the display of magic to form coherent sentences.

 

This seemed to anger Ginny even more, as she wanted a proper apologise and reassurance that nobody would lay a hand on Harry.

 

Harry who finally made sense of her emotions and thoughts put an arm around her waist and pulled her close. “Shh, everything is fine. They won’t to anything, especially not with Dumbledore here. They just want to scare me away, they don`t know it won`t work. They don`t understand us, but as long as we are together we will prevail. We are strong, we are smart and we can stand against anything and anyone.”

“Thank you Harry, I think I needed that.”

 

H arry chuckled lightly and said: “I knew you were quite fiery, but to think that you would set the room literally on fire… amazing.”

 

< p>As Ginny calmed down, Dumbledore vanished all the scorch marks from his furniture while smiling, he said: “We just witnessed the power of love, a truly wonderful thing to see. I look forward to see Mr. Daniel Potter finding and embracing his love, for I am sure it will give him a power even greater, I think it runs in the family. Yes, the power he knows not, he will become powerful through love. The Potter love… if Harry has such an ability to love, Daniel will became a beacon of light and love to an unknown extent.”

The last part was a mere ramble and no one in the room could make sense of it, it only served to make Daniel blush at having his future love life discussed in front of his best friends family and his headmaster.

 

“I will go to the ministry right now and get this sorted out. I won`t sell my daughter off to some dirty Slytherin!” Mr Weasley said while stepping into the floo and shouting: “Ministry of Magic”

 

Ginny scowled at her family and finally said: “Does anybody have anything important to say? Otherwise we will leave now and prepare for our classes next week. Professor Dumbledore, will I be able to join Harry’s classes?”

 

“Yes, Mrs. Potter…”

“HER NAME IS NOT POTTER! She is my daughter Ginevra Molly Weasley, and I won`t let anybody say otherwise.” Mrs. Weasley yelled.

“My name is Potter. It doesn`t matter what you say, our marriage is legal and we are therefore of age. Mum please, don`t make me choose between you and Harry.”

 

Ron shouted: “But you bloody well better choose, because a traitorous Slytherin who marries a dark wizard has no place in our family.”

“Don`t be so harsh on her,” Percy intercepted, “it’s obvious that Harry put her under a spell and she can`t fight if off. We have to report it to the ministry, they will sort it out.”

 

“I assure you, none of them are under any kind of spell. Only the effects of their Soulbond are visible, and those are not changeable if you don`t wish to harm them.”

 

“How could you let this happen in your school headmaster, your lack of protection for the pupils is dangerous, I will bring it forth to the board of governors if you do not break their connection,” Percy demanded stiffly.

“That’s right, you said there is a way to break the connectin, do it! Free my daughter from this scoundrel!” the Weasley matriarch yelled.

 

“I won`t ever do such thing, breaking a Soulbond is a sacrilege worse than killing. If I ever see you attempting it, I will be your enemy. The side of light is built on love, and love has to be fostered wherever it can be found. It was love that saved Daniel from Voldemort, and it will be love that will destroy the darkness in the end once more.”

 

The words hung heavy in the room and silence followed, until it was broken by Daniel asking in uncertain voice: “If Harry is of age, does this mean he won`t go back to the Dursley’s?”

“I didn`t spent my last summer holidays there, what makes you think I would be there for the next? Even if I wasn`t of age, I won`t go there.”

“But where will you live, you don`t have enough money to life alone.”

 

Harry and Ginny grinned at each other. “Do you think we should wait for an answer from Gringotts until we tell them? It would be embarrassing if I don`t get the full inheritance after saying I do. And I don`t want them to try something.”

“I have an idea, wait a second.”

 

“Professor Dumbledore, would it be possible to floo call Gringotts?” Ginny asked.

“Yes, but why would you do so right now?”

“A surprise.” She replied grinning, she stepped over to the floo, threw some powder in it and yelled ‘Gringotts’.

 

Not long after a gruff looking goblin head appeared in the flames. “Hello, my name is Rocknart. How may I help you?”

“My name is Ginevra Potter, I would like to know if my husband’s owl has already arrived.”

The goblin eyed her wearily for a moment, probably considering if she was playing a prank on him, but then left the frame for a minute. He came back telling that no owl had yet arrived.

“That’s not a problem. Harry could you please tell him what you want?”

Harry looked momentarily shocked at being addressed after listening intently but quickly regained his form and step towards the fire. “Hello Rocknart, I would like to know the state of my inheritance. As a married person I should be eligible to claim it in full.”

“I will see through our records for your inheritance, do you have a proof to your marriage?”

“Ehh, no.”

A cheer went through the Weasleys standing behind them, but Dumbledore helped them out: “Master Rocknart, if you would like I could perform the spell ‘Amori deus bladu’ on them. I am sure you are familiar with it.”

“Yes I am. Please proceed”

Once more, the headmaster said the incantation and a bright light engulfed the kids.

 

The Weasleys were silenced due to their astonishment, stunned by the beauty of what they had just witnessed.

“Very well, this is proof enough. I shall gather all necessary forms,” the Goblin said.

 

After some minutes of hearing the goblin shuffling through parchment he reappeared in the fire. “Mr. Potter is eligible to claim all vaults and estates that belong to his family. Because Sirius Black is the last heir of the Black family and Godfather of both Daniel and Harry Potter, Mr. Potter will be able to claim the Black family vaults too.”

 

“Oh, why is that?” A genuinely interested Ginny asked.

“Because once a person has to serve a lifetime sentence in Azkaban, he or she will lose the right to bear the title as head of house. The vaults then go to another house member, but all Blacks have either been disinherited, dead or serve a life sentence in Azkaban.

The exception being Narcissa Malfoy, therefore the vaults would go to the Malfoy family, but due to Mr. Potter being Sirius Black’s godson, he has an equal claim to the inheritance. You may decide to split the inheritance with the Malfoys, but as Mr. Black was the one who betrayed the Potters to the Dark Lord, he has the additional right of compensation. This way, he will gain the full inheritance.

 Do you wish to sign all necessary form right now?”

“If the headmaster allows?” Professor Dumbledore nodded and Harry and Ginny vanished through the floo.

 

The forms were filled out quickly and Rocknart introduced himself as being the Potters vault manager. Ginny giggled and said: “That’s why you were so eager to get us the whole inheritance.”

“Yes, Mrs. Potter. My salary is bound to the amount of money I manage. I must say, for such young humans you act very mature.”

“Thank you.”

 

“Sharing the mind with the most notorious dark wizard does that to you.” Harry thought a little saddened.

“Harry, no need to be sad today. We did it! You got your inheritance and you even got the Black inheritance.”

“You are right, let’s celebrate!”

 

“Why did the Malfoy not claim the Black inheritance so far? I wasn`t aware of it until now, they could have taken it without me ever knowing.” Harry asked.

“Indeed, I dare to say it was one of my better moves as your account manager. By failing to inform you about it until you were able to claim the inheritance I made sure that the Malfoys could not take it, the case was labelled as “Disputed until both sides gain equal chance.”

“Wow, you are amazing. I am honoured to have such a brilliant account manager.” Harry praised.

“Thank you Mr. Potter. As I said, my salary will rise quite a bit now.” The goblin said with a toothy grin.

“Well deserved!” Ginny chipped in.

 

“Do you have a list with the contents of my vaults and especially if I own a houses or a flat? I am in need of a place to stay, as soon as possible,” Harry asked.

 

“Indeed.” The Goblin opened a thick leather bound ledger and laid it with a load ‘Thud’ on the table.

“The Potter’s own a manor and a house, unfortunately both are ruins. The manor was destroyed early in the first wizarding war by the Dark Lords forces and the house was destroyed on the night of the Dark Lords downfall. If you wish, we could start repairing those buildings.”

 

“What houses do I own from my Black inheritance?”

 

“I don`t know the full contents of the Black Vault yet. Do you wish to have separate vaults or do you want to merge the Black and the Potter family Vault?”

“I’d like to merge them. What about the trust fund my parents set up, can I close it?”

“Yes you can.”

 

“Having Daniel depend on you for money is truly evil. I love it, we can tease him endlessly about it. I wonder if we can make him do things for us…”

Harry grinned at Ginny widely while she giggled with a gleeful evil that would make most self-proclaimed Dark Lords envious.

 

“Please close the trust vault. Who has access to my Vaults so far?”

“After closing the trust vault only you will have access to your money. As soon as your brother reaches majority he will be able to enter the Potter and the Black vault. As you are already head of the Potter house, he will become head of the Black house.”

Harry made a face and asked: “Is there a way to avoid it?”

“There is. You could either disinherit him and banish him from your family or name another family member head of house Black.”

 

“Oh that’s amazing, Ginny do you want to become head of house Black?”

Ginny looked startled at him but agreed, she did not want to let Harry’s fortune fall into anybody’s hands.

“Mrs. Potter if you claim the title as head of house Black you will remain a Potter but lose the Weasley family name and will stop being a member of your house of birth.”

 

“What? Oh…” she said saddened.

“We don`t have to decide immediately, right?” Harry asked.

“No, you can decide whenever you wish to do so. I do advice in doing so before your brothers 17th birthday.”

“Okay, for now I don’t want to have anybody but Ginny and I have access to my vaults. Could you please send us information about all houses we own via owl?”

“Certainly, I assume you wish to go back to Hogwarts now?”

“Yes, we still have to deal with our family.”

 

They stepped into the floo and stumbled right out of it, back in Professor Dumbledores office. Mr Weasley had re-joined, but his reddened face and scowl did not make them feel at ease. At seeing them appear, he immediately assaulted Harry: “I don’t care that the marriage is legal according to the ministry, I won’t let a Slytherin walk away with my daughter!”

 

“Please, just listen to me for a second. I want to be with Harry, nothing you say will ever change that. I will spend the rest of my live with him, that’s what a Soulbond is all about. But even without it, he is my best friend and I just can`t understand why you hate him so much.” Ginny said with a pleading voice. Harry`s heart ached at feeling her distress, but he didn’t how he could help her.

 

“You are too young to be married, and he is a bad influence on you. I won`t tolerate his kind anywhere near my family.” Mr Weasley took a deep breath and said: “It’s either him or us!”

 

A long silence followed, but none of the Weasleys present tried to stick up for Ginny or to deescalate the situation. Tears crept into her eyes and with a broken voice she whispered: “If that is your decision, then I will drop my name Ginevra Molly Weasley. My name is Ginevra Potter.”

 

“You can`t be serious! Choosing him over your family, how dare you?” Her mother screamed but Ginny stammered out between sobs: “You are no longer my family, please Harry can we go?”

 

“Of course.” Harry said and opened the door. He made sure to not let the Weasleys out of his sight while leaving the office.

Down the stairs they broke into a run, not willing to have any further conversations with her family. Unconsciously they ended up at the Slytherin Headboy chambers, where Ginny sat down and broke out in hysterical weeping. Harry tried his best to comfort and sooth her, but he understood that getting used to been expelled from her family would take time.

 

How her family could do that to her, he couldn`t imagine. Their hatred for him and the Slytherin house in general must run deep.

Harry grew increasingly angry at the Weasley family and his brother, they had hurt his best friend, his wife, his Soulmate deeply. He would not ever forget that, how could he had let them hurt her in the first place? He failed to keep harm from her, once again someone else was able to affect their lives negatively.

 

“We have to become stronger! We will show them all who we are. Nobody will stand in our way, we will become so powerful that nobody will ever be able to hurt us again.”

Ginny’s crying calmed down and Harry felt a fire had been lit in her. They would do whatever was necessary to achieve their goals. Consequences be damned, the only persons that mattered were themselves. Nobody cared about them, they didn`t care about anybody else. All people around them were simply tools, waiting to be used.

With that thought they both drifted off to sleep.

 

Harry and Ginny woke up at the exact same time as usual. Momentarily startled, they looked around. “Wow, we must have slept for an entire day and night, what was the time when we dozed off yesterday?” Harry asked.

“I think it was around noon, maybe earlier.” Ginny answered slowly.

Harry chuckled and said: “You really are not a morning person huh? We didn’t do anything yesterday besides sleeping and you are still tired.”

“I wouldn`t count getting expelled from my family as nothing… Why? I don`t understand it, we always got along so well, why can`t they understand it? It doesn`t make sense.”

 

“I am so sorry, I wish I could do something. I don’t get along with your family, but I really don`t want you to suffer.”

“Don’t apologise, it`s their fault. You never did anything wrong, they somehow just decided that you are evil. Anyway, what’s done is done.” She took a deep breath and sat upright, “I won’t get dragged down by them, they hurt me, and they hurt you. Don’t argue, I know that their mistrust in you hurt.”

“We are together, together we will prevail!”

“We will.” She sighed and said: “Come on, I don’t want to mope around, let’s head down and get breakfast, I am starved.”

 

When entering the Great Hall they drew many odd glances, most were trying to get a good look at them shyly but some stares were outright rude.

As they passed the Gryffindor table the Weasley clan started yelling again. “Where have you been with our sister? I swear if you touched her, you are dead!” Ron yelled.

 

 

Ginny giggled and moved onto the Slytherin table while not even looking at her former family. “They expelled me, I won’t let them hurt me anymore.”

“If we show any kind of weakness, the people will use it! Heads up, smile and let’s get that bacon, it smells incredible.”

“I won’t show weakness because we will soon be without any weaknesses. The fools shall see our superiority.”

They sat down at their house table and were immediately assaulted by a barrage of questions.

“Is it true that you are married?”

“A soul bond is so romantic!”

“What did you do last week, we haven`t seen you.”

“Did the Weasleys really expel you from their family?”

 

Harry and Ginny laughed at the eagerness in the pupils voices. “Wow, rumours really spread fast in Hogwarts. Who told you about all of this?”

“Professor Dumbledore made an announcement, he said that you were soul bonded, therefore legally married and that we should celebrate this display of true love,” Daphne Greengrass said.

 

Harry groaned, while Ginny giggled and said: “Well, it`s true. We are soul bonded and this means we are married. We are considered adults now, it’s so cool.”

“Well, I would say you should be glad that the Weasley family expelled you. You are now a Potter, while not the best house, it is at least a wealthy one.” Malfoy drawled from the sides.

Ginny glared at him, but before she could respond Harry said with a wicked grin: “Well, luckily I am not just head of house Potter but also the head of the Noble and Ancient House of Black. I assume that’s a title up to your standards?”

 

“What? How? You are not a Black, none of your family are.” Malfoy yelled.

“Oh I am sure the Potters and the Blacks married somewhere in my ancestry, but that’s not important. What matters is that Sirius Black was head of the Black house and he is my godfather. Due to his betrayal I was able to claim the title.”

“I am terribly sorry that you are now not able to claim it, then again we are much more suited for it than you are.” Ginny chipped in.

 

“I don`t even know why, but I really feel like antagonising people right now.” Ginny though happily.

“I know what you mean, it’s like I just realised that the world should be our playground. We can shape it however we want.”

“Just look at Malfoy’s face, the tiny red spots on his cheeks and the sweat on his forehead, hilarious.”

 

Harry and Ginny looked at each other and started laughing until Harry choked on a piece of toast. After hearty slap on his back by Ginny they calmed down and resumed eating.

After finishing their meal, they saw Professor Snape approaching. “Do you want to antagonise him too?” Ginny wondered.

“Kind of, I mean he is a scumbag. He just treats me well because he had a crush on my mother.”

“Why is he picking on Daniel then?”

“Because I am a Slytherirn and he is a Gryffindor. Somewhere in his greasy mind he sees me as my mother’s son and Daniel as my father’s.”

“What a weirdo, but having a teacher on our side could be useful. Let’s keep him.”

“If you want.”

 

“ Good morning Professor, how are you?” Ginny chirped entirely too cheerful making Harry struggle to keep in his laughter. But Professor Snape apparently didn`t realise it and a rare smiled crept into his face. “Good morning Lil… Mrs. Potter.”

“Nope. Please don`t tell me he thinks you are my mother.”

“Do I look anything like her?”

“A tiny bit maybe, your hair colour is similar. Kind of. Uhh this is so creepy.”

“Doesn`t matter, play along!”

“Yes, dear.”

“Dear? Uhh please wait a couple of decades until you call me that again. I am not old yet!”

 

At this Harry couldn`t hold in his laughter and due to him currently drinking pumpkin juice he choked again.

“I am getting a lot of practice in slapping my husband today.” Ginny said while landing her hand with a ‘thud’ on his back.

“Can you really talk mentally to each other? That so cool!” Tracey Davis said, her voice full with amazement.

After calming down Harry said: “Hello Professor Snape.”

“Hello Mr. Potter, if you would please come with me to my office, I would like to talk about the arrangement that were made for you and Mrs. Potter.”

“Certainly, sir.”

 

Both sat up and followed the Professor out of the hall under many stares by their fellow schoolmates. “You think we will get the headboy chambers permanently?”

“Probably , maybe we can persuade him into giving us both the headboy and the headgirl chambers.”

“Good idea, linking them shouldn`t be a problem, they are right next to each other.”

“I guess we have to get the greasy bat in a good mood for that… Oh I have an idea, ask him about your mother and then compare her to me, maybe he will fall for that.”

“I really, really don`t want him to think about my mother like this, and I absolutely don`t want him to think about you in this way.”

 

Gi nny blushed slightly. “I want him to see me as the girl he spent his childhood with, nothing else. Why are boys so creepy sometimes?”

 

She was not ready for this, her mother had told her that boys wouldn’t understand anything about girls until they are older. Could he really start to see her as a girl? She was barely eleven and he twelve.

They were married and legally adults, but this didn´t mean they had the mind of an adult. Or did they? Tom had been seventeen years old when he created the diary, doesn’t this mean that they were seventeen years old now? They hadn`t spent much time talking to Voldemort in their mind yet, but when they do, would their childhood come to an end?

Or did it end already?

 

Ginny snapped out of her thoughts as Snape opened the door to his office and ushered them in. The professor sat down in a big leather chair while the kids sat down onto a couch next to a bookshelf. The shelf was rather disturbing as many spots were books should have been, were filled with eyes, tentacles, dried plants and things they couldn`t name.

 

“I have heard about the argument with your family, if ever need someone to talk, I am here for you Mrs. Potter.” Snape said.

“Thank you Professor, it hurt a lot but I, we, decided that it won`t drag us down. I am a Potter now.”

“I am glad to hear that you are coping so well. What I gathered from the headmaster is that you are financially set too?”

Harry nodded.

“Good, this means you won`t have to worry about anything. If your family, or anybody else, gives you trouble because of your Soulbond let me know. Dumbledore was quite clear when stating that anything that would jeopardize your relationship will be punished strictly.”

“Thank you, I hope my family will stop harassing us.”

 

“As the headboy chambers are still vacant you will be moving there. Additionally Mrs. Potter will share all of your classes, due to your connections the teachers figured it shouldn’t be a problem.”

“It won’t be, even if she couldn`t use my knowledge, I taught her everything I learned via letters last year, and we practiced all spells that we learned so far last week.” Harry said.

“Splendid, may I ask what the results of your practice sessions were?”

 

“Anything we want to keep secret?” Harry asked.

“Don`t really see the point. The only special thing is that our spells are stronger when we cast them together, but I think everybody expects that.”

 

“ She was able to cast all spells after some tries, she is a lot better than me in Charms.”

“Oh really? Did you know that Lily Potter too was a prodigy in Charms? You resemble her in so many way.” Snape said with awed voice.

“This is so creepy.”

 

“Thank you, that`s a nice compliment.” Ginny chirped. “Ah, Professor one more thing. Would it be possible to link the Headboy and Headgirl chambers? I think both are currently empty and there are times were I do want some privacy.”

“You do?”

“No, but I want both chambers. Just imagine, we would have an entire flat to ourselves.”

“You are a genius.”

“I agree, despite our Soulbond, there are times when I would like to be alone too.” Harry added.

 

“Of course, I will talk to the house elves, they should be done with changing your rooms by evening. Do you have any more questions? I am sure you would like to go back to classes now, while the year is coming to an end, you should still attend the remaining classes. I don`t want to hold you back any longer.”

Snape singed a piece of parchment they could give to Professor McGonagall as excuse for their missing.

 

I am actually looking forward to having classes again, while we have the knowledge of everything Hogwarts has to offer and much more, we still have to practice.” Ginny said.

“But we have to be careful to not show the extent of our knowledge, if people found out about our little secret it would be a disaster.”

“Right, but this doesn`t mean that we should hold ourselves back. We simply have to make sure that we don’t use spells that pupils shouldn`t know.”

“I can`t wait to show the bushy haired bookworm where she belongs, how such a stuck up girl expects to remain top of the class is beyond me.”

 

Ginny smiled and added: “The humiliation of being beaten by a first year will be amazing. Do we have Charms today?”

“Yes, after lunch. Do you want to show off?”

“You bet I do! This will be so much fun.”

 

In front of the door to McGonagalls class they took a deep breath and knocked four times. The Professor opened the door with a stern glance: “Good morning Mr and Mrs. Potter, I hope you have an excuse for being late? And must I teach you that it is custom to only knock twice at a door?”

“Good morning Professor.” Harry said while handing over Snape’s parchment. “We wanted to knock twice, unfortunately we had the same idea, at the same time.”

She looked at them for a second before giving a curt nod and motioning them to sit down.

 

The class resumed but most of the class’s eyes were fixed on Harry and Ginny.

“I am glad that we don’t share this class with our brothers, we probably have to get used to being stared at for a while.” Harry mused.

“Just another chance for people to realise how much better we are compared to them.” Ginny said while giving him a cheeky smile.

Harry laughed and nodded.

“Mr and Mrs. Potter, if you have something to say please use your mouths. Otherwise I ask you to pay attention.” Professor McGonagall barked.

 

The professor was handing out mice that the class should try to change into a quill and back. Harry managed it on the second try, Ginny after the third. Despite being much faster than the rest Ginny was unhappy with her performance. “Why does my quill still have bits of fur? I am doing exactly what you did,” she ranted.

“Mrs. Potter, you did an amazing feat. I have never seen a first year able to perform this spell. The tiny fur leftovers are probably due to being unfamiliar with the spell. A person’s spellwork is not just depending on the correct wand movements, incantation and will, it also depends on the subconscious ability to cast it. That`s why some people have an affinity towards certain kinds of magic, while they don`t like others. But with enough exercise you can overcome these hurdles, please repeat the task.”

 

True to McGonagalls word, by the end of the lessons Ginny had managed to transform a mouse into a quill without flaw. Her transfigurations didn’t hold as long as Harry’s did. When they asked the Professor about it, she said: “If his transfigurations hold up longer, it means his raw magical power is greater than yours. The duration of a transfiguration is solely decided by the power put into the spell, while I am highly skilled in transfiguration, my spells would never hold as long as if Professor Snape would have cast it. But keep in mind that a flawless transfiguration is much more important than how long it will remain its new form.”

 

“Huh, I thought we would be equally powerful, that’s at least what my books told me.” Ginny moaned.

“You mean your cheesy romance novels? I doubt they hold any useful information.” Harry laughed.

“Hey, they are not cheesy! They are amazing and the relationships in those books are beautiful.”

“I am always surprised when I think about how you like these kind of books, you seem much too…” Harry did not finish the sentence as he saw Ginny’s furrowed eyebrows and reddening cheeks. “Yes? You wanted to say something, do I have to look into your mind or will you tell me?”

Harry gulped audibly and prepared to be hexed into oblivion when he said: “I thought you are too boyish to like those books.”

“BAIMPIS PESTIS”

Countless tiny bats started to crawl out of his nose, but before Harry could realise that he was in pain, it stopped.

“Hmpf, I can’t even hex you without feeling uncomfortable myself. Guess you get lucky this time.”

“Thank you, I promise I will never think about you like this again. You are the most beautiful girl I know and so girlish most girls get jealous.”

“Just shut up and let`s get lunch.”

Ginny did not talk to him for the entire lunch break. Fortunately nobody was able to tease them about having a row as they all figured they were talking mentally.

 

Heading to Charms Harry started pleading: “Please Ginny, talk to me. I am sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. It’s just that girls are usually so boring, but you are amazing. You are fun, smart and mischievous. The girls in my class always talk about boring things.”

“Not all girls are like that.”

“Of course not, you are the best example.”

“So you do realise that I am a girl.”

“Of course I do, I mean, if you are not a boy you are a girl. Right?” The confusion was obvious in Harry’s thoughts and Ginny decided to let him off. He was a boy after all.

 

“Uh, we share this class with the Gryffindors. Go Ginny, show them what you can do.”

Soon the perfect opportunity presented itself as Professor Flitwick said: “Hello Mrs. Potter, welcome to my class. I hope you will be able to hold up, if you have any questions you can always come to me.” The Professor offered.

“Thanks Professor Flitwick, but I don’t think there will be any problems. Do you want to see a presentation?”

Slightly taken a back, Flitwick needed a moment but then nodded excited: “Of course, let`s see what you already know. Is it true that you know everything Mr. Potter knows?”

 

Instead of answering Ginny pointed her wand at the Professor and whispered: “Wingardium Leviosa”

The class gasped in shock as the tiny man started to float above their heads. Ginny made him do pirouettes, somersaults and manoeuvred him precisely between the students. All while Flitwick was squealing in delight. After she sat him down on the floor again he clapped loudly and said: “Amazing Mrs. Potter, I am looking forward to work with you in class. It is rare to see someone having such a control over their magic. 50 points to Slytherin”

 

“Look at Granger, she is about to pass out,” Harry remarked gleefully.

“Want to bet she will spent the rest of the day in the library? Not that it will do her any good, I am far too superior to her.”

“We can`t get big heads just because we are better than another student, we have to work hard to become truly invincible.”

“Yes we do, but we can still have a lot of fun.” Ginny said while laughing.

Harry nodded and laughed with her.

 

“Mr and Mrs. Potter please share your amusement with the rest of us.”

“I was just pointing out how easily she will become the year’s best in Charms, despite being a first year,” Harry said.

“Indeed, you will get very far in live, but only if you work hard.”

“Don’t worry, I will. I have a duel tournament to win next year.” Ginny replied.

“Oh you think you can beat me?”

“Ugh, fighting you will be such a pain. It will be like shadow boxing.”

“Oh, didn’t think you would know this muggle term.”

“My father learned about it and then made us do it. He thought it was fun… it really was.”

“I am looking forward to the duelling club, I will act as referee in the tournament. If you like we could talk about how to use Charms in a duel next lesson.” This statement made the class cheer loud. “I really like him, he is the best teacher!”

“You only like him because he praises you.”

“Sush”

 

 

 

 

 

Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear