Search:

SIYE Time:7:28 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A desire for power
By Baumi

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 53
Summary: Harry potter has a twin. Daniel Potter is the boy-who-lived, he survived the killing curse due to his mother's blood protection. Harry got a fragment of Voldemort's soul. How will history change and how far is Harry willing to go in his desire for power? Tags: Dark!Harry Dark!Ginny Soulbond H/G
Hitcount: Story Total: 35692; Chapter Total: 2322





Author's Notes:

Author notes: I might add an epilogue or something in the future, but I doubt it.


Thanks to everyone who was able to read the entire thing, I sadly stopped liking the story quite some time ago.


It was the first story I have ever written and I learned a lot of things. I will definitively keep on writing, as it quickly became an important hobby for me. But for now, I do not want to write Fanfiction and neither do I want to write in English. When I began writing, I severely underestimated the difficulties of writing in a foreign language.


 


I have a couple of ideas for stories in my head that I desperately need to somehow turn into words. Once I am done I might write another HP fanfic, as there are still so many possible stories left to explore.


 


So thanks again to anybody who read this story and especially to those who left reviews, you really cheered me up!


 


I wish you a wonderful day.



  • Baumi




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 16

 

 

Ginny spun around with a fierce look in her eyes and all but mentally yelled: “That`s it. We are getting distracted again. We will explore Hogwarts. Now!”

 

Harry made the wise decision to not argue, partly due to being scared by her temper, partly because he too wanted to delve into the ancient castles secrets.

“Well, let`s go!”

 

The young teens sprinted to their dormitories and grabbed their brooms. They figured to find secret rooms, they should first get a broad overview of Hogwarts architecture.

 

Soon after they jumped onto their brooms, they were dashing between towers and archways. The joy of racing around the castle was exhilarating and they wondered why nobody had ever come up with the idea of using Hogwarts as racing track.

 

Not that they would be able to race on the inside, at least not without pulling the wrath of Filch. Then again, getting rid of him might open up various possibilities of entertainment. His body being one of them.

 

The couple was diving down the main tower, when Ginny suddenly pulled up sharply. “Hey, look at that.” Pointing at a tiny tower that stuck out of the main building. “We usually get up those stairs towards the Astronomy class room, but I’ve never seen any kind of door. Isn’t this the area that’s completely covered in paintings? I am not sure, but I think there are no doors until high up the tower.”

 

“No, you are right. There are a couple of doors and gateways up there but none at this spot. Besides, look how tiny the tower is. Nothing could fit in there.”

 

“Well, let’s check it out!” She replied with a broad grin, Harry felt the excitement radiating from her.

 

 

Not much later, after having eaten a hearty lunch, the couple found themselves standing on the ever moving stairs, staring at a wall covered with paintings.

 

Ginny said: “Do you think the tower is behind the painting with the mad knight or rather the one with the busty courtesan?”

“It might as well be behind the small painting of a maze. The location would fit, I think.”

“But it’s small, the only thing it could hide would be a small hole you had to crawl through… oh. That would make sense.”

 

Harry was looking around and studying the stair movements for a moment before huffing. “The stairs never pass the painting, it’s always out of reach.”

“Well, we could levitate each other over there. If you trust me enough.”

Harry was shooting her an odd glance before replying, slightly hurt: “I trust you with everything and will always do. Do you trust me to levitate you over there?”

“Of course!”

 

A slight smile played around their lips as they aimed their wands at each other and said in unison: ‘Wingardium Leviosa’

 

“We might should have tried this on solid ground beforehand. The fall is rather deep,” Harry worried but prepared himself already for the cheeky reply Ginny was surely going to give.

“No fair, I can’t mock you if you are prepared!”

 

Slowly but surely they made their way towards the painting.

Ginny then said: “Uhh, we forgot to figure out how we are going to open it.”

‘Alohomora’

When nothing happened she said: “Ah well that would have been too easy. Any ideas?”

“Let’s float back and come up with a plan, I can’t concentrate while keeping you up in the air.”

 

Ha ving solid ground under their feet and not having to concentrate on keeping their loved one afloat helped immensely in coming up with a solution. And something they learned recently was that violence is always a solution. Casting a couple of silencing charms around them and making sure nobody was watching, Ginny levitated Harry close to the painting, where he yelled: ‘Bombarda Maxima’

 

A sizeable and rather burnt looking hole appeared in the wall after they removed the debris. Ginny was already eagerly readying herself to be levitated to the hole when Harry gave her an evil grin.

“I think I know how we can get rid of Snape, we will accompany him on this exploration mission and somehow he has an accident. Easy.”

“Have you packed enough Veritaserum antidote? I am sure they will use it when questioning us about how it happened.”

“Of course, I never leave without it and I am quite certain they haven’t come up with a way around this particular antidote. The key ingredient was the heart of a muggle embryo.” With a mock sad face he added: “That thing was expensive as hell.”

 

< em>“Well, let’s go and get Snape.”

 

Convincing the Professor to follow them because they had found a secret spot was easier than anybody could have expected. Like a little dog he jumped at the chance to help Lily Potter’s Slytherin son while ogling her younger match.

 

“Professor, do you want to go first through the hole?” Harry asked.

“Yes, but may I ask how we are going to reach it?”

Instead of answering Ginny said: ‘Wingardium Leviosa and smoothly levitated him to the hole. The Professor got over his shock remarkably fast and soon squeezed himself through the hole.

Harry and Ginny were grinning at each other before following him.

 

The inside of the tower was just big enough for the three to stand in. Harry engaged Snape into a conversation about the origin and the possible secret of the place while Ginny cautiously resealed the hole.

 

Looking around, the couple was a little disappointed. There didn’t seem to be anything special. You would almost say the tower was void of anything remarkable. A plain stone room without furniture or decorations.

Suddenly Snape started to chuckle and said: “There is some most impressive magic interwoven in some stones. If you would cast the spell ‘Revelio potentia’ while performing a slight upward jab with your wands at the stones you will see the magic pulsating inside. While this spell cannot tell you what charms or curses were cast, it can indicate their strength roughly.

 

“Wow, despite being a poor excuse for a human being, if he wants to, he can be an impressive teacher.” Harry mused.

 

All three were performing the spell and starting to examine the stone. “Look Harry this stone is …” “AHHHHH”

When Ginny tapped the stone with her wand the floor disappeared and the trio was sliding downwards on a slide made out of marble.

They were sitting rather uncomfortable on the slide with Snape being pressed into Ginny’s back and Harry around a meter behind them.

 

Ginny shrieked and started punching Snape as hard as she could: “How dare you grope me you ugly, perverted miscreant!”

“Ahh, please it, stop! It was an accident. I never meant to!”

 

“LIES!” Harry’s voice boomed from behind them. “Don’t think we didn`t see the way you were looking at her. How do you even dare to think about my mother when you are the reason she died!”

 

“What? No…how do you know that?! Ahh stop hurting me!”

Ginny was still wiggling her body, punching, scratching and biting Snape as hard as she could. All while they were still sliding down into a dark abyss.

 

“Just tell me, you loved my mother but you still betrayed her. Why?”

Snape turned around, looked him straight into the eyes and said: “Because you stupid father was in the way. If the Dark Lord had killed him, he would have given your mother to me!”

 

‘CRUCIO’

 

“Ahh, Harry please make him immobile. His flailing around his hurting me.”

“Oh no, I am sorry. I didn’t think about you for a moment.”

“It’s okay, it just hurt a little. No need to get all whuzzy on me. Respect on your Cruciatus curse though, the colour is quite saturated.”

 

“Thanks, it actually feels incredible. I can hold it without much trying, I can really feel how Snape has to pay for what he has done. The curse is the ultimate justice!”

“Oh that sounds fun. Can I try too once we finally reached the end of this slide, I can’t reach my wand right now.”

“Sure! Ugh my bottom is starting to get sore I hope we are close to the end.”

“I wonder how deep beneath Hogwarts we are… ohhh, this is so exciting! We are killing Snape and are having our first adventure!”

 

Finally, the slide’s steepness was starting to lessen and soon they reached the end. After throwing Snape roughly on the floor, they lightened their wands and inspected their surroundings. They were standing in a small tunnel, just tall enough for the two young teens to stand upright, which seemed to go on endlessly. The stones were moist but in good shape, the carvings on them in a language unknown to them, were in near pristine condition and the floor was made out of with gold enlaced marble.

 

‘Expelliarmus’ ‘Finite Incantantem’ ‘Crucio’ Harry heard behind him and immediately Snape was screaming in pain, withering and twitching on the floor. A small smile curled around Harry’s lips as he watched the love of his life punish the reason for his forsaken childhood.

 

‘Aveda Kedavra’

 

The green lighting was followed by absolute silence. For a long moment they just stared at the lifeless body, until Harry shook his head and said: ‘Let`s get going, we are here to explore’

 

He turned around and stepped into the black tunnel. Ginny followed right behind, after she disposed of Snape’s body, leaving nothing but a pile of ash behind.

 

The couple was walking silently next to each other, feeling relieved about getting rid of Snape, excited about finally starting their quest of exploration and interested in the odd carvings on the walls.

 

But no matter from what angle they tried to look at the carvings, they weren`t able to figure out what they could mean. A weird mix of symbols and letters, some texts almost seemed to form pictures while some symbols looked like words.

 

Keeping on walking through the tunnels, they reached a pathway. Still not able to figure out any clues the carvings might have given them, they turned left. And left again at next intersection. And the next.

 

The teens started to feel a nagging hunger and the uncomfortable warmth and humidity of the tunnels was exhausting them. Harry gasped as they turned into another dead end. Ginny had come up with the idea of using a point me spell, but the wand in her hand just started to spin rapidly.

 

Once again they cursed themselves for going on an expedition trip without packing food. In hindsight, killing Professor Snape might not have been a good decision either but they quickly dismissed this thought. After all, he got what he deserved and it was great fun.

 

The only things worse than their hunger, were their parched throats. Every time they swallowed it hurt. Their movements were continuously getting slower and the couple started staggering and tripping more often.

‘Aquamenti’

They knew it would not help with their thirst, but desperation drew them to the flimsy hope of a miracle, conjured food and beverages held no nutrients after all. One could duplicate, change properties or transfigure everything with magic and the right knowledge. But not create it from nothing.

“We can`t keep on going like this, we have to find some water!”

“How?! Do you see any water around? I sure don`t!” Harry snapped.

Ginny frowned and stopped walking. With a sigh she sat down, there had to be a way to get water. The air was so humid, there had to be a way to turn it into drinkable water. Stroking with her hand along the walls, she had an idea. It might be pathetic, but if it would save their lives…

The walls were moist and tiny drops of water were to be found. She felt Harry`s eyes on her back and his rising curiosity as she leaned over to the wall and started licking it. She then spit into her hands until a tiny puddle was in her palms. Looking over to Harry she smirked: “That should work, it`s neither my own water, nor did I conjure it.”

‘Duplicata’

 

Harry started to laugh when he realized that the puddle was in fact getting bigger. “I’d prefer if you would help me instead of laughing.”

He quickly caught himself and transfigured some rubble into a bucket, which was filled to the rim a couple of seconds later. “Cheers”

“Never thought I would drink your spit…cheers”

“It`s technically not your first time.”

 

Feeling refreshed and actually able to catch a coherent thought again, they moved on. While the hunger did not vanish, having defeated the thirst helped immensely.

“Do you have any more great ideas on how to deal with this? I mean, the last one was brilliant!”

“Thanks.” Making a face she added. “Unfortunately I don`t. Why is the ‘point me’ spell, not working and what are those weird carvings supposed to mean? It`s so frustrating!”

“It`s hopeless, these tunnels never seem to end and we just can`t figure out what the carvings, if anything at all, mean.”

“We didn`t find a single animal or some plants, there is nothing to feed on. We have to take a different approach, if we just keep on walking we will starve for sure!” Ginny moaned.

 

“We could... we could ask our old mentor.”

“NO! I won`t let him possess you ever again.”

“He won`t possess me, I will have you with me and he will be behind his barrier. We will just talk to him.”

“And why would he help us? He wanted to kill us anyway.”

“But now he is in our head, if we die, he might die with us.” Ginny argued.

 

Even if Ginny could not listen to Harry`s internal debate, his expressions were telling it all. The struggle between desperately wanting, needing, to escape from the tunnels against the chance of being attacked and defeated by Voldemort.

“You know we don`t have a choice, I don`t like it any more than you do. But we can`t just rot in a stupid tunnel, we are stronger than that. We have the means to escape; we just have to take them!”

Gazing into her eyes, he felt a surge of confidence. Together they would manage it once again, together they were stronger.

 

They sat down across from each other and took a couple of deep, steadying breaths before nodding to each other.

‘Legilimens’

Once again, they were pulled into their mind space. It hadn`t changed much from the last time they had been here. But with a smile they realized that the gate between Harry`s and Ginny`s conscious had widened.

The cage of golden light was shining as bright as ever. Clasping their hands they stepped forward to the barrier.

 

Glancing inside the cage, they saw the greatly disfigured body of Tom Riddle sitting on the floor seemingly meditating. The couple was not unaware of this doing, as he had taught them the very techniques to focus their magic and will.

“Tom, we need your help.” Harry said firmly but was left ignored.

Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Becoming angry would not help them, they had to remain calm and on guard. Riddle, or now Voldemort, would use every opportunity to strike them down and they were already weakened by their endless wandering and hunger.

 

“If we die in here, you will die with us. Helping us is essential!” But he was ignored once again, not a single muscle moved in the Dark Wizards face.

“Do you think we could use legilimency on him? I am not sure it would work, we are already in the mindspace.” Ginny asked.

“I don`t want to risk it, I fear it could get messy if we attempt it.”

“How are we going to make him talk, Torture?

Harry smiled at her suggestion and turned with his wand raised towards the sitting man.

 

‘Crucio’

 

And Ginny joined his onslaught immediately after. Letting all their hate flow into the spell, all the memories on how he had possessed Ginny, how he came close to destroying them, the spell shined bright.

But Voldemort did not seem to care, he still had not moved an inch, no scream of pain had escaped his lungs and his eyes remained shut. Only his lips were curling slightly upwards, mocking the teenager.

 

“You are no match for me, while formidable; you cannot compare yourselves to the greatest Wizard of all time. I gazed beneath the barriers of known magic, I uncovered secrets unknown to mankind, I found the strength you are so eagerly looking for. I am everything you wish to be, everything you want to become.

You will free me today. In exchange I will give you an unbreakable vow to not attack you as long as you don`t attack me and I will teach you how to escape from Morgana`s Labyrinth. Take the deal or die in vain.”

 

In shock the teens took a step back. Whatever reaction they had anticipated, this was far from it. And what he told them was even more troublesome, because of the truth in it. As much as they loathed to admit it, he was right.

There was no way out and if the tiny information he dropped of this being Morgana LeFay`s Labyrinth, they could not even dream to break through her magic. If the ancient sorceress placed a curse on these tunnels, they would not find a way to break out. At least not before starving.

 

Ginny frowned and said: “Why did she put a labyrinth in here? This makes no sense. And why would any sensible person build a school on top of a cursed place?”

“Maybe the Hogwarts founders did not know about these curses, only felt that a lot of magic was in this place.”

 

“That might be it, or they did discover the tunnels and some secrets in them. They might have built the castle on top of it to prevent anybody from entering.”

“Whatever the reason is, we are still stuck.”

 

“Releasing Voldemort would doom the entire world. He will be able to start building an army in secret and I am sure he could crush the ministry right now all alone.”

 

“Yes he could. He is the strongest wizard alive. Nobody will be able to stand against him. Not even us.”

“But we would be safe with the unbreakable vow!” Harry argued.

 

“Do you really want to live the rest of your live just under the protection of a vow? We are better than that!”

“You are right. We wanted to become strong, we wanted discover all secrets of magic.”

Ginny added thoughtful: “We want to do exactly what Voldemort did.”

 

A small smile started to curl around their lips. The situation would not be perfect, but it might work out…

 

Turning to Voldemort, Ginny said: “We have a different proposal.”

“Oh do you? Well, as you know I am a very good listener.”

“Become our Mentor!” Harry blurted.

 

“Oh smooth, I wanted to act dignified about this.”

“Sorry.” He said while blushing bright scarlet.

 

“Becoming your teacher, huh. Seems like you enjoyed my diaries’ lessons.”

 

Har ry and Ginny was watching him closely and with every passing minute, with every appraising glance from Voldemort they were getting more nervous. “Don’t show it. We are not pupils like the others in Hogwarts who flinch if the Professor looks sternly at them!”

“You are right, we are superior to them. And Voldemort knows it.”

 

“I will take you on as my apprentices…”

Harry and Ginny let out a gasp before Voldemort continued: “But only after you have completed a… test.”

 

The teens were giving each other a quick glance and then nodded. “I guess that was to be expected.” Ginny mused.

 

“If you pass, you will become my apprentices. You won’t be mere followers, you won`t be part of the Death Eaters, you will be a Dark Lord and a Dark Lady. But you won`t rule, no you will never rule only I do! In exchange for my tutoring, you will spy for me while at Hogwarts. My lessons will stop once you passed your NEWTs. The subject Dark Arts will be added, unofficially, to your timetable.”

 

Uh, why is he so well prepared for this?”

“Look at his face, he seems almost excited about this.”

 

“ LISTEN! I do not tolerate slacking off. Once you have completed the test, I will give you the means to communicate with me. The place of training will be the Room of Requirements.”

 

“Th e what?”

“Don’t ask, we will find it out.”

 

“Y our task to prove your willingness to learn, shall be to kill the Weasley family and to bring me Daniel Potter alive. You will bring him to the Graveyard in a village called ‘Little Hangelton’. From now on, you will call me Professor Voldemort.

Do have any questions?”

 

“He is going to be an amazing teacher!”

“No, sir. We will kill my family and bring you Daniel Potter. Do you have any wishes on how they should be executed?”

“No, but bear in mind, that I will mark you depending on your performance. I won`t be satisfied with a mere assassination.”

 

“Sir, we still have to escape from here.”

“Indeed.”

Voldemo rt got up and proclaimed loudly: “I, Lord Voldemort, swear a magical binding oath to not ever attack Ginevry and Harry Potter.”

Harry and Ginny felt how the magic from the oath reacted with their bodies and they knew, there was no turning back now.

 

“Now, remove the cage and I will break out in my spirit form. Finding the nearest exit won’t be a problem.”

 

The teens closed their eyes and concentrated on the cage. Willing it to weaken and getting it to slowly vanish. It was slow and tedious but eventually the cage crumbled and Voldemort stepped out of it.

 

He snapped with his fingers and they felt a sudden pull. The next moment, Harry and Ginny were sitting back in the real world and a black mist was pushing its way out of their mouths.

Ginny made a face and said: “Uhh, this is disgusting.”

 

The formless mist hovered between them for a moment, until it moved towards the walls. If mist could have facial expressions, Harry was sure one could see it deciphering a riddle, or an ancient language.

 

“It is a combination of both. It is an ancient language that you will learn once you have passed your test. Yes, I can see into your minds. Don’t compare me to the likes of Dumbledore or Snape... Oh his is dead. Well, I suppose I don`t need him as a spy anymore if I can use you.”

 

“We will have to find a way to stop him from reading our minds. Something stronger than Occlumency or our Bond.” Harry said.

 

“Good, good. See the need to improve, discover your own weakness and overcome it! Now follow me.”

 

The black mist floated away from them and the teens soon had to start to jog to keep up with it. Taking turns left and right, only to stop when Voldemort had to decipher another carving. Soon they were walking constantly up hill, which lightened Harry’s and Ginny’s mood considerably.

 

Suddenly Voldemort stopped and said: “Directly above us is the Great Hall. I will be waiting for you in Little Hangleton, don`t disappoint me.”

 

“We won`t, sir.”

With that the mist faded into the tunnel’s darkness and Ginny started removing rubble and earth from above them. Harry made sure no falling debris would hurt them and that the hole remained stable.

 

When only a solid stone plate was above them, they shouted: ‘Bombarda Maxima’ and then levitated themselves out of the hole.

 

The entire Hogwarts population was in uproar as the floor exploded and two missing students floated out of a black hole. Some pupils were glad for the evening entertainment, while the teachers could not wrap their heads around what had happened. How did these two end up under the Great Hall after missing for close to a week?!

 

Harry and Ginny couldn’t hold onto themselves any longer as they saw the faces of the people in the hall. They had survived, they had freed the darkest and most evil wizard of all time and they would become his apprentices if they kill their family. The entire situation was laughable and stupid.

 

Dumbledore stood from his chair and asked: “Mr. and Mrs. Potter, may I enquire were you have been?”

 

“We found a secret room behind a painting, then we called Professor Snape to investigate it. Unfortunately, a trap door opened and we slid into a dark tunnel system under the castle. We then encountered a …eh “Chimera” a Chimera. The beast killed him, we were then able to defeat the beast as it was busy with feasting on Professor Snape’s body. “Thanks Gin.”

 

Th e hall was stunned, only slowly some screams of outrage were starting over at the Slytherin table. Having their favourite teacher be taken away from them must be a lie, how would they ever win the House Cup again, avoid detention and get good marks in potions?

 

The teachers seemed to be equally terrified at the prospect of having beasts under the castle capable of beating on of their most talented duellists. While none of the staff would have ever admitted it, Professor Snape was far stronger than most. Most believed that only Professor Flitwick or Dumbledore himself could best him when it came to a fight.

 

Professor McGonagall stood from her chair and said with a forced calm voice: “We will form a group to explore those tunnels immediately. Mr and Mrs. Potter, I am sure you need rest, please straight to the hospital wing. You are excused from all classes you have missed and will miss while under the care of Madam Pomfrey.”

 

“Thank you Minerva.” Turning to the pupils Dumbledore said: “Please return to the dormitories, we will form a group to confirm the Potters story. Meanwhile I ask you to not pester them, as they have just endured a quite traumatic event.”

 

“Freeing a dark wizard sure counts as traumatic.” Ginny said while barely stifling a giggle.

 

Harry nodded once and then made his way with Ginny straight to the hospital wing, trying to avoid any interaction with the pupils. The less stories they had to invent, the better. Once the Professor came back from the tunnels, they would know how to spin their story to make it believable.

 

Not before long, they were filled with nourishment potions, showered and were tucked in one of the hospital beds. “I wish we could go to our normal bed, these are horrible.” Ginny complained.

“Better than a dark tunnel though.”

 

They were released the next morning with the orders to take nourishment potions additionally to their normal lunch for the remaining week.

 

In the great hall they were greeted by many stares, just as the pupils wanted to start their questioning Professor Dumbledore entered the hall.

“I am sure you have many questions about what happened. As it turns out, Mr and Mrs. Potter have indeed been in a maze. We were unfortunately not able to locate Professor Snape, therefore we will have his burial next Sunday.

The tunnel system beneath Hogwarts is tiny and yet gigantic. The magic of the castle turned these ancient tunnels into a wicked maze.

I must urge you to never look for an entrance, so far there are only two known entrances, the one in the great Hall and the one behind the painting. We will take measurements to ensure that nobody will set a foot in there.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Potter, if you would please meet me in my office after breakfast.”

 

The teens had to tell their story multiple times over breakfast and the pupils were generally either in awe of their adventure or blaming them for the death of their favourite teacher.

 

After having eaten, they made their way towards the headmaster’s office.

This time they didn`t even bother to knock and just waited patiently outside until they heard Dumbledore say: “Mr. and Mrs. Potter, please come in.”

 

“Thank you for meeting with me so soon, I hope you will forgive me if I have to ask some more questions about your stay in the tunnels beneath Hogwarts.”

As the couple nodded, he continued with asking them many questions about how they entered the tunnels and how they survived the fight with the Chimera. Only when he asked about how they had escaped, they hesitated with an answer. “There is no way we could have ever escaped from their without help from someone else, and he knows it. What should we say?” Harry asked.

 

“It`s Dumbledore, we just tell him something about love and happiness or something. He always buys that.”

“Escaping a deadly maze with the Power of Love? Are you serious?!”

“Quite.” “It is a little embarrassing… we eh… well concentrated on our love and kissed and … well and that kind of guided us out.”

 

“Ah of course, love will always find a way to escape from darkness. Thank you, I am glad to see such a loving couple. I am sure if you foster those feelings you will come far in live.”

 

“Those feelings made me free a dark Wizard…” Harry mused.

“See? I told you this would work.”

“I guess he is the kind of person who would give an attempted murderer second chances until someone finally dies.”

 

“ Thank you Professor, was there anything else you need us for?”

“No. Please go back to your classes now. I am sure you won’t have troubles with catching up with what you missed.”

 

 

The next weeks passed without any major incidents and Harry and Ginny spent most of their free time coming up with plans on how to kill their families. They already had some rough ideas on how they would accomplish it, but had to learn the necessary spells yet.

 

This Saturday, just as they wanted to get up and head for the library, they were intercepted by Daniel Potter. “Hey Harry, Hey Ginny, ehm… as you know, there is the first Hogsmeade visit coming up next weekend and I wanted to ask again if you would sign my permission slip.”

 

“Oh that’s great, I completely forgot about that!”

 

“ Oh sure Daniel, giving you my signature would not be a problem. But what will you give me in exchange?” Harry asked.

“What… oh right. Hermione told me you would say that. Ehm, I will do all your homework until Christmas.”

“Oh please, if I wanted to soil my marks I would do so myself. Well my dear brother. You have another week to come up with something good. See you around.”

 

“Honestly , I can’t come up with anything to blackmail him with. Such a beautiful opportunity but… there is just nothing worthwhile he could do for us.” Harry moaned.

 

“Well, it`s not like it matters. If everything works out he will be dead by Christmas. And we will be Voldemort’s apprentices.”

“You are right, as always. Come on let’s see if the library has some more books on portkeys.”

“Don’t forget to improve your paralysis poison, I think I was able to taste it when you used it on me yesterday.”

 

 

The year was reaching its end rapidly. The snow covered landscape of Hogwarts and the cheerful mood of its inhabitants stood in stark contrast to the plans Harry and Ginny had come up with. It was the last day of school and tomorrow all the families would dine together and celebrating Christmas. Daniel Potter and the Grangers had been invited by the Weasley’s and the tightly knit group of friends was in a splendid mood.

 

Draco Malfoy had told the entirety of the castle about his plans for Christmas. His descriptions of locations and guests was quite accurate, much to the delight of the soon to be dark apprentices.

The plan they had come up with was simple but almost bullet proof. There would be close to no action, no danger and it would be impossible to tie anything to them. Voldemort would give them an ‘Outstanding’, they were sure of it.

 

 

After the train ride, the couple apparated to their home, ate a quick dinner and then went to bed early. When they woke the next morning, they made sure everything was ready, all the potions were prepared and all the goblets charmed. Evening couldn’t come quick enough.

 

When the clock finally ringed 6 o’clock, the couple shared a long kiss and then went separate ways.

 

 

Harry appeared with a ‘plop’ on a snowy hill, on the foot of the hill he saw a huge garden with flying torches and beautiful flowers. The paths were made out of bright white marble and the heavy chairs were stuffed in expensive green covers. He quickly cast a disillusion spell on himself and sneaked towards the kitchens.

 

His breath hitched as he almost collided with a house elf who held a bowl of soup over his head. At the very centre of the garden he spotted the Malfoys. Harry crawled into one of the nearby bushes, took in a deep breath and whispered: ‘Imperio’

 

Lucius Malfoys eyes briefly lost focus, but nobody was paying attention as dessert had just been served.

As Lucius had not yet received any command, he proceeded as before. Next, Harry was looking for a house elf to get under the Imperius curse. A feat that sounded a lot simpler than it was, as Harry had not kept in mind that good house elves were not supposed to be seen. Luckily he almost collided with another when sneaking around, so he could use him.

“Tell Lucius Malfoy he has to come to the old olive tree alone. A business partner has a rather important message.”

 

“How is it going with the Malfoys? Everything is prepared on my side.”

“Perfect, Malfoy will arrive in about 15 minutes, be sure to be gone by then.”

“Okay, I love you.”

 

Lucius Malfoy was appearing surprisingly quick for his rendezvous. No matter how annoying the Malfoys were, one had to respect their sense for business.

 

“Lucius Malfoy, you will hold a speech about blood superiority and how all blood traitors have to die. Then you will apparate to the home of the Weasleys and kill everybody inside. Are you aware where it is?”

“I am.”

“Good, now be gone.”

 

 

Twent y minutes earlier at the Burrow…

 

 

The Weasleys, the Grangers and Daniel Potter were just about to begin their festive dinner when they heard a loud bang outside of their house. Curious on who would apparate this sloppy onto their property on a Christmas evening the all sprinted outside, where they were met by the sight of a drowned in tears Ginny.

 

She looked around lost for a moment and then immediately sprinted towards her mother.

“Mum! Please help me.” She sobbed into Molly Weasleys chest. “He touched me! I didn`t want any of this and then he stopped using the spell on me and then I ran away, but he followed me and then I apparated, and then… please help me.”

 

“Of course dear, come inside. We will give you something to drink. You are safe now, he will never hurt you again. Shhh.” Her mother consoled her.

 

On her way into the house Ginny heard the Weasley boys whisper promises to kill Harry and she could barely supress a smirk. Once inside, she didn’t stop hugging her mother. Wherever Molly would go, she followed and her family figured it was best if Ginny had some time alone with her mother after what seemed to have been a terrifying experience. Hadn`t Ginny said something about a spell? Surely that’s the reason she had this Soulbond to Harry Potter and now that she escaped everything would be fine again.

 

Nobody dared to ask what exactly had happened, something that Ginny was glad about. The less she had to lie, the easier it was. Once mother and daughter were alone in the kitchen, Molly had politely but firmly let the boys and the Grangers knows they needed some time alone, it was time for action.

 

The moment the door closed, Ginny whipped out her wand and whispered: ‘Imperio’

Taking out a vial she said: “You will spike every drink with this potion. Apart from that you will act completely normal.

 

 

Ginn y spend the next couple of minutes looking as forlorn as she could until she said: “Please let us drink on my escape!”

 

With a load cheer everybody followed suit and emptied their glasses in one go.

One body after another went limb and soon Ginny was grinning madly in a room full of sacrifice lambs.

 

Putting an arm around Daniel Potter, she vanished with him.

 

 

As soon as she arrived at the Graveyard, Harry leapt at her and hugged her tightly.

“Your acting was amazing! I am so proud of you.” Harry praised.

“Your sneaking around wasn’t too bad either, I am sure nobody saw you.”

 

“A hh, I see you have brought me a gift. Now before I judge your work, I will have to regain my body. My apprentices, use that knife over there to cut Daniel Potters throat and then pour the blood onto this grave.”

 

Taking one last glance at his brother, Harry took the knife in placed it on Daniels throat. With a nod from Ginny, he proceeded to cut it deep, while Ginny held a goblet to capture the blood.

 

As soon as the blood hit the grave, a thunder was to be heard. A strong wind was coming up and the night turned a shade darker. The moon seemed to vanish and the stars forgot to shine as the blood trickled away into the earth. The grave was rumbling and mere seconds later a hand was emerging from the blood soaked soil.

 

Once the entire body was freed, Voldemort led out a manic laugh. “Ahh, yes I came back from the dead. But this body won`t do, I will do some improvements. Later.

Now it is time for your judgement.”

 

Harry and Ginny straightened and looked expectantly at him.

 

“Tell me how you killed your family and brought me Potter.”

And so they told him about their plot, about the spells and potions used and about the reasoning of it.

 

“The loss of Lucius Malfoy is annoying, he was important for funding my cause. Apart from that, I am pleased with your plan. The potion you used was good, but there are ways to improve, I will teach them you soon. Deceiving the enemy by looking weak is disgusting, but it worked, therefore I won`t take points for that.”

 

“If you need the Malfoy’s money, you could use Draco Malfoy. I am sure he would be willing to do anything if it promised glory, or the power to take revenge on us.”

 

“I will deal with that at a later point in time. I have to take some immediate steps to regain my full power. You should enjoy your holidays, we will start lessons immediately after. I will get in touch with you at Hogwarts.”

 

And with that he vanished, without even the slightest sound.

 

“Huh, I guess we passed the test. We are going to be his apprentices!”

“I can’t wait to see what he will teach us. Our future will be amazing!”

“We should go to a nice restaurant to celebrate, how about something Italian?”

“Italian? It`s Christmas, I want something more classical.”

“Well, the ‘Three swans` in London was good, we could go there.”

“No, that too posh. I want something more comfy.”

“So, how about I cook something for us?”

“No, I want to celebrate.”

“Uh, okay. How about…”

 

And if they didn`t die, they are still arguing about where to have dinner today.

 

 

 

Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear