Search:

SIYE Time:15:45 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Trouble with Family
By BigIve

- Text Size +

Category: Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 19
Summary: It is after the Battle and the search for Hermione's parents uncovers some unexpected branches on a previously well known family tree.

Canon Relationships.

Some Mature/Adult Themes and Language.
Hitcount: Story Total: 51968; Chapter Total: 2008







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Holding his mirror in front of him Chief Williams spoke into it, “Syd, it is Chief Williams here. How are you?”

“G’day Boss.” Came the rather cheerful reply. The voice on the other end quickly spoke again before Chief Williams could respond however.

“Ah Boss, that Bow Tie you are wearing. Did you lose a bet or were you just not paying attention when you got dressed this morning?”

You could almost hear the smile emanating from the voice that was issuing from the Mirror.

Chief Williams momentarily looked a little confused, but a quick glance into the mirror in the kitchen was obviously required to remind him of the rather unique bow tie that he happened to be wearing.

My boys were also trying to hide their smiles at the offending article of clothing. I must admit it did look a bit like it was involved somehow in a paint explosion.

“Syd, I would like to remind you that this is the tie my daughters brought me for my last birthday. They tell me it is a very fashionable article of clothing from one of those Muggle Designer labels.”

“That is so sweet.” Came the reply.

“I glad you think so Syd.”

“Please let me finish Boss. I was trying to say. That is so sweet that you believed them.”

This time a few muffled chuckles could be heard from the other end. Chief Williams himself also started to chuckle at that comment. Then he suddenly stopped and thought.

“Syd. How did you know what Bow Tie I’m wearing right now?”

“Well, Boss. I could tell you that I’m an omnipresent entity that is like a God among the mortals of this world.”

This comment brought a few strange looks from all of us gathered in the kitchen listening to this rather interesting conversation.

“But I’m not sure you would buy that explanation. So, I will instead go with the one where you are a silly ‘Banana Bender’ who made a Video call instead of a voice call.” The voice laughed.

This time there was several sets of laughter at this end of the conversation. Chief Williams among them.

“Ah Boss, going from the laughter I just heard I’m guessing you’re not alone there?” questioned the voice.

“Correct Syd. But before I explain where I am I have a question for you.”

“The camera can actually be turned on and off on this thing?” questioned Chief Williams.

“Of course it can. One day very soon you will be very glad of that fact.”

This was followed by some clicking noises.

“What was that sound Syd?”

“Sorry, was just recording some photos of your tie to show your misses and daughters as proof that you were indeed brave enough to voluntarily wear it in public.”

“Once I’m finished getting dressed I will pop out and show your misses the pics. As I’m sure she will thoroughly enjoy them.”

“Where are you Syd? Why aren’t you dressed and why is my Wife there?” came the rapid fire questions.

“Gee Boss you sounded almost worried for a moment there”

“SYD!”

“Ok Boss, ok.”

“To answer your questions. We are at a safe facility near Perth, I’m sure you’re aware of the one I mean. Your Wife is here (along with mum) as they heard that I and some of my team just got back in country. Thus, they felt an overwhelming desire to pop over here and thoroughly mother all of us while they had a chance. Although they do seem to be more interested in mothering the Kids we brought in with us.”

“Lastly I’m not dressed as I have just gotten out of the shower after washing off the blood and debris from meeting with that Pommy Mob we got the alert about 2 days ago.”

“Bet you’re very happy now, that I know how to turn off the camera on my Mirror Phone, aren’t you.” Once again the smile could be clearly heard coming from the other end.

“It wouldn’t do to unduly frighten your guests there would it Boss.” He said with a chuckle.

Chief Williams couldn’t help but smile.

George also found the comment rather humorous.

Chief Williams was however all business again very quickly.

“Are all our people ok Syd?”

“Yes Boss, all of OUR people are ok. The others, not so much.”

“Tell me more about this Pommy mob you mentioned. How many were there?” Chief Williams asked.

“So far it seems to be all the ones listed on the notice that was issued two days back. Drunkmouse is double checking identities as we speak. We are getting a lot of interest from the Minister on this one. As these Poms seem to be people of interest back in ‘Old Blighty.’ I must admit that a few of them do ring some bells from my own travels over there recently.”

“However they also had some others with them with them that had been Imperialised and forced to help. It is these others that are slowing down the identification process.”

“They appear to be a mixture of people from India, Thailand and here.”

Both Kingsley and Chief Williams visibly reacted to this set of news.

Kingsley raised an eyebrow and had a very questioning expression on his face. He was about to speak when Chief Williams spoke again.

“Syd, I understand you’re still currently assigned to the Australasian Team, not our local ones. Is that correct?”

“Yes Boss that’s correct.”

“Thought so. As the only time you call me that is when you are reporting to someone else.”

“Got to enjoy it while I can Sir. Err Boss.” Was the chuckled reply.

“What are your movements for the next few days Syd?”

“Well nothing is locked in at this point as the Minster is going to cut us all some downtime while current priorities and assignments were looked at and reshuffled.”

“My immediate plans were to assist Rowdy, Fireball, Cassy and Jono in escorting most of these kids back to their parents.”

“Shelly, Guz and Goose were going to take the others to a more appropriate and comfortable location here while Drunkmouse and his team try and track down their parents.”

“Where are you, Rowdy, Fireball, Cassy and Jono taking the kids Syd?”

“To one of our locations in Southern France that we are using as a staging and sorting facility. It is a good family friendly site and we keep a lot of the ‘free families’ there.”

“After that I was going to continue on to London and meet up with one of my main agents and take him and his misses out to dinner tonight. They both deserve one of those ‘Order of Merlin’ medals that the Poms are so fond of. But knowing how that process works they will probably be long since buried before anything actually happens on that score.”

“So the best I can do for them in the short term is take them out for a good meal. Merlin knows that they have more than earned it.”

At this latest set of statements several voices spoke up all at once.

“’Free families’ what does zat mean?” said a voice that sounded like Fleur.

“Why are those kids separated from their families in the first place?” Bill almost shouted.

However it was Kingsley’s question that got the first reply. “Who is your Agent that you are going to meet here?”

Kingsley’s question was answered with another question. “Who’s asking?”

“Syd, it is the British Minister of Magic, Mr Kingsley Shacklebolt who is asking about the identity of your agent here.”

“Ah I see.” Replied Syd.

“Shacklebolt? Isn’t he the joker that we are supposed to be arresting tomorrow and turning over to the International Confederation of Wizards?” Syd asked.

Kingsley started to look furious at this statement. Chief Williams quickly moved to calm him down and replied to Syd.

“Sorry Syd, I think you may be a bit behind with your mail there mate.”

“The Minster has recently amended that international arrest warrant to specifically name Pius Thicknesse as the subject of the warrant. As he was the British Minster of Magic that was working for Tom Riddle Jr here.”

“The only complication with serving the warrant is that he is currently existing as a sea urchin”.

Roaring laughter came over the Mirror Phone.

“I would love to shake the hand of the individual responsible for that brilliant piece of transfiguration. Think that they would also deserve to be taken out to dinner as well.”

“Please accept my apologies Minster Shacklebolt, for getting you mixed up with a Sea Urchin” chuckled Syd.

“No need for any apologies there Syd. I would have had to apologise to you if you had tried to arrest me. I’m sure Chief Williams would also be unhappy to be missing one of his Aurors for an extended period of time” Kingsley said in his quiet deep voice with a slight smile.

Chief Williams started to look worried at this statement and tried to jump in with a reply. But before he could get any words out there came the reply that he was obviously trying to avoid.

“That sounds like a fun challenge there Minster, and I would be honoured to accept” was the enthusiastic reply.

Chief Williams who was now looking very worried jumped in with a reply while Kingsley looked more very startled.

“Syd, you know the rules. Especially since that last incident with the Iranian Minister of Magic. No more challenging heads of foreign Governments to duals.”

“Boss, I didn’t challenge him. He offered the challenge and it would have been rather rude of me not to accept don’t you think?”

At this statement, Chief Williams sank into his chair and lowered his head into his hands.

Kingsley put his hand on Chief Williams shoulder and quietly asked, “Is he serious? And what happened in Iran?”

Everyone in the Kitchen was also wondering the same thing if their expressions were anything to go by.

Chief Williams uttered a single word, “Yes he is serious.”

No one seemed to know what to say.

“As to what happened in Iran I can’t rightly say as the full set of details are classified.” Chief Williams answered.

“Iran wasn’t my fault Boss. I was only defending myself, after a slight disagreement with their Minister of magic.”

“What sort of disagreement Syd?” Chief Williams asked with a slightly worried expression.

“The Minister refused our request to establish some ‘safe houses’ in his country. As he expressed his full support for the international slave trade. As long as they paid their share of local taxes that is.”

“I told him he was a bloody wanker and turned to leave. The chief of his personal guard at that point decided to try and stun me from behind.”

“Needless to say there was an energetic exchange of ideas after that point.” Syd explained.

“What happened after that?” Chief Williams asked.

“After things quietened down I left Sir.” Was Syd’s evasive answer.

“I meant to the Minister and his guard, Syd. What happened to them?”

“Ahh… Well you see the Minister hurt himself trying to make his escape. It looked like his door slaves forgot to open the door for him in time.” Syd chuckled.

“And the Ministers guard?”

“They are currently interviewing for replacements.” Was the reply. You could hear him struggle on the other end to not smile.

“How many replacements?” said Chief Williams almost cringing in anticipation.

“Last I heard they were looking for 15 replacements and 4 door slaves.” Syd answered.

“15 replacements?” Kingsley said quietly in alarm.

“What happened to the door slaves? I certainly hope you didn’t hurt them.” Chief Williams asked while keeping a close watch on Kingsley.

“Of course not Boss. Once I realised their status I offered to get them out of the country. As none of them had friends or family there it was a simple extraction. They are now working for us supporting various safe houses we have set up. They are doing very well also from the last reports I had Boss.”

Chief Williams seemed a bit less worried after that.

“It certainly explains somethings about recent happenings in the Middle East at least.” He remarked to no one in particular.

Chief Williams after a moment’s remarked, “Syd, getting back to discussions here.”

“Minster Shacklebolt was not offering a formal Challenge to you. He was merely expressing his confidence in his own abilities. There will be no formal dual between the two of you and if needed I will get the Minster to make that an order.”

“Is that clear!”

“Yes Sir” same an obviously disappointed reply.

Kingsley turned back to face the Mirror Phone and as about to reply when Chief Williams spoke quietly saying.

“Please don’t encourage him Minister”

Kingsley thought for a moment before saying.

“Syd, in the interest of fostering better international relations between our countries I would be happy to take part in a training dual with you if you so desire.”

“Minster that is very generous of you Sir. I would be honoured to partake in a training dual with you. Loser takes the winner out for lunch.”

Kingsley was grinning ear to ear at this statement.

“Your terms are acceptable to me Syd.”

“Great to hear Minister. There is a lovely fish and chip place not far from the main entrance to your ministry. If you make reservations there for the day after our dual that should give you enough time to recover before you buy me lunch.”

The excitement and enthusiasm in the voice were unmistakeable. Kingsley was looking slightly worried, while also appearing amused.

“I did ask you not to encourage him Minister, did I not?” Chief Williams was finding it difficult trying to not smile at Kingsley’s predicament.

“Syd, while the Minister takes a moment to compose himself. Can you answer the questions that were asked before you and the Minister started to get carried away” Chief Williams asked.

“I can try Boss. But no one wants to seem to believe what has been happening until they see the cold hard truth with their own eyes.” Syd replied.

“The term ‘Free Families’ relates to those families who were kicked out of the UK (or escaped) without being sold into slavery by the British Ministry of Magic”

“WHAT!!!!” Just about every voice in the room screamed at the same time. Even Chief Williams looked surprised at this statement.

Everyone immediately started trying to talk at the same time. No one could understand what anyone else was trying to say. Eventually Kingsley put his wand to his throat and cast the Sonorous Charm and exclaimed

“QUIET please”

He cast the counter charm and the room became deathly quiet.

Kingsley then spoke to Chief Williams.

“May I ask some questions of your Auror Chef Williams?”

“Certainly Minister. However, Syd is not his actual name. It is more of a service nickname. His real name is David Webb”

“Thank you Chief Williams”

“Auror Webb, Chief Williams has given me permission to ask you some questions. Is that ok with you?”

“Yes Minister it is. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. I must say however that certain details about our operations are still classified and can’t be disclosed without written approval of our Minster. Is that ok with you Sir?”

“For the time being Auror Webb it will do. I get the feeling that I will be submitting a formal request to your Minister for more information on this very shortly.”

“Very good Minister. In that case, what would you like to know?”

Everyone in the room gathered around the kitchen table with looks of intense curiosity on their faces.

“You made mention of ‘free families’ before. From that statement, I take it that you have been dealing with families that are not free?”

“Yes Minister you are 100% correct on that”

“How did these families come to lose their freedom?”

“It is not only families that have lost their freedom Minister. The British Ministry of Magic has been selling into slavery Men, Women and Children as well as whole families. They have been carrying this out on an almost industrial scale.”

Kingsley was looking horrified at this statement. I must admit I was feeling sick to my stomach about it as well.

“Auror Webb, do you know what their crimes were to receive such unjust punishment?”

“Most certainly Sir. The majority of them were sold into Slavery for being Muggle-Born. Or trying to assist Muggle-Borns.”

“Do you have records of these unfortunate people Auror Webb?”

“That we do Minister. Although I dare say that your Ministry of Magic would have the most complete set of records on this topic. Most of the records we have are the paper work that the newly made slaves must carry with them.”

“The ‘free families’ and individuals that escape being sold are the ones who are sometimes harder to record. As they have often left everything behind and are too frightened to answer any questions we put to them.”

“I see” replied Kingsley.

“You mentioned before that it was on an almost industrial scale. Do you have any idea of the exact number of people we are talking about here Auror Webb?”

“Sir the exact number is known only to our Minister and the head of the team who is co-ordinating our ‘safe houses’ around the globe.”

“Can you make a guess Auror Webb? As we have a good number of people who have been reported as missing here and I would like to get an idea as to how many might have been gathered up by your teams.”

“Minister it would only be a Quidditch Pitch figure sir. To be honest it has kept us so busy I gave up counting about a year ago”

“A year? Auror Webb how long have you been involved with this operation?”

“Minister I first arrived in the UK with my team almost 18 months ago. I think it was about 6 weeks before the attack on our Embassy in London. 9 months ago after the team leader was double crossed and murdered I was appointed to run the operations here”

“That is a long time Auror Webb for a mission that takes you so far away from home.”

“It is Sir, but we have occasions to get back home for all too brief visits. But once our team members see what we have been working on here their drive becomes such that we almost have to order them home for rest.”

“From what I know of your people I can believe that Auror Webb. Can you give me your guess on the numbers?”

“Yes Minister. I would guess around 2,000”

“2,000 People” Kingsley almost cried.

“No Minister. 2,000 family groups. Both Magical and Muggle. With probably another 1,600 single men, women and children as well.”

“But Minister I fear that these numbers are on the low side of the actual true number”

Kingsley totally stunned collapsed into a chair with tears openly streaming down his face.

Chief Williams was also shocked into silence.

Everyone else seemed to be too horrified or shocked to say anything.

Eventually Arthur spoke up in a broken voice that was struggling to hold back tears. I couldn’t tell if they were tears of rage or horror.

“Auror Webb, the children you mentioned earlier that you had recently returned with. Were they also slaves?”

“Unfortunately some of them were indeed slaves Sir. Can I ask who is speaking?” Auror Webb answered.

With tears now freely falling down his face, Arthur replied, “My name is Arthur Weasley, I have been appointed temporary Director of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.”

“Pleasure to speak to you Mr Weasley. Wish it had been under better circumstances Sir.”

“Me too Auror Webb. Me too.”

“Mr Weasley Sir, may I be so bold to ask a personal question of you Sir?”

With a look of curiosity on his face Arthur replied cautiously, “You may ask Auror Webb. I will answer depending on the question.”

“Fair enough Sir. Are you related to one Mr Septimus Weasley at all Sir?”

“Indeed I am Auror Webb. Indeed, I am. Septimus Weasley was my father. May I ask why you wished to know this Auror Webb?”

“Yes Sir you may. My reasons for asking is that my Grandfather always spoke very highly of a Mr Septimus Weasley who worked in the Wizengamot. Mr Septimus Weasley proved to be a very faithful friend to my Grandfather during a very dark time in his life. He also helped my Grandfather avoid a fate similar to the unfortunate people we were just discussing.”

Arthur and indeed everyone listening was stunned to say the least. They were also listening to the conversation with rapt attention.

“That is most definitely my Father you are speaking of Auror Webb. As he did indeed work for the Wizengamot, for most of his life in fact.”

“In that case I’m even more pleased to have made your acquaintance Sir.”

“My Grandfather before he passed away made all of us in the family promise him, that if we ever encountered any descendants of Mr Septimus Weasley to pass onto them his whole-hearted gratitude to them for what he did. And to let them know that their ancestor was one of the finest and bravest people he ever had the pleasure of meeting.”

Arthur was by now beaming with pride at the glowing description of his father being given by this Auror from the other side of the world. The rest of the Weasley family (including Fleur, Hermione and Gabrielle) were also smiling quite happily at this news and the expression on Arthurs’ face.

I must admit I could feel pride for my father in-law swelling in my own chest as well.

“He also wanted us to let them know that he kept the promise that he made to your father later in his life.”

“Promise? Do you know what this promise was Auror Webb?”

“No Sir I’m sorry I do not. I was hoping that you might be able to shed some more light on it. As the whole family, would dearly love to know what it was.”

“Grandpa Webb loved to tell stories, and was very good at it. But he never mentioned any promise that he had made to Mr Weasley to us.”

“How interesting. Did your Grandfather and my Father stay in touch at all?”

“Yes Sir I do believe that they did. As I do recall him receiving at least a few letters from your father. He treasured the letters that he received and I’m very sure that my Dad still has them. Although I have never seen them.”

“However I do recall Grandpa having a chuckle at something that was written in one of the letters I mentioned before. Apparently one of Mr Septimus Weasley Grandsons wanted to become a Dragon Keeper or something along those lines. Instead of becoming a professional Quidditch player.”

At this comment Arthur, Charlie and the rest broke out into laughter.

“From Grandpa Webb’s comments I gather your father was all in favour of the Professional Quidditch career for his Grandson. Although Grandpa Webb thought that Dragons would be much more ‘interesting’ career, but that the main thing was to encourage his Grandson to find a job that he loved, and wrote back to him saying that.”

“I don’t recall any letters saying if the Grandson in question ever did become a Dragon Keeper or not as the letters stopped not long after that.”

“He did!” Charlie exclaimed with a big smile on his face.

“I always wondered what caused Grandfather Weasley to change his mind about my intended career. Maybe I have your Grandfather to thank for it.” Said Charlie with an amused expression.

“If that is indeed the case Mr Dragon Keeper, I do know that my Grandfather would have been over joyed about it.” Auror Webb replied.

“The names Charlie, Auror Webb. But there’s nothing wrong with Mr Dragon Keeper” he added with a laugh.

“Pleased to meet you Charlie. I’ll have to let my cousin know that I spoke with a real live Dragon Keeper she will be over the moon. As she is only slightly obsessed with them.”

Kingsley and Chief Williams had a rather hurried and whispered conversation. After which Chief Williams spoke up.

“Syd, how quickly can you get yourself to the British Ministry of Magic for a meeting?”

“Boss, if you want a meeting on what I think it is you want to discuss, then the British Ministry is the last place on earth that meeting should be held.”

“Why is that Auror Webb?” asked Kingsley.

“Minister, it’s because your Ministry leaks information like a strainer leaks water sir.”

“Auror Webb I can assure you the Ministry is quite secure.” Kingsley replied quite stiffly.

A set of rather amused laughter greeted this comment.

“You don’t agree Auror Webb?”

“No Minister I whole heartily don’t. My team and I have been directly extracting information out of your Ministry for almost as long as we have been in country sir.”

“I can also assure you that we are not the only group doing so. The only way I would willing discuss sensitive matters within your Ministry sir would be IF I wanted the information to be leaked to the wrong people.”

I could see Kingsley getting visibly angry and offended at these remarks.

“Auror Webb, I find those comments to be highly offensive and I believe wildly in-accurate.” Kingsley replied.
“Boss, do you know how to open files on your Mirror phone yet?”

“I do Syd, the Minister himself showed me.”

“Really? Didn’t think he knew how to do it.”

“From what I understand someone from Drunkmouse’s team spent some time with him.”

“Ah ok, that makes sense then.”

“I’m sending you a copy of Minister Shacklebolt’s personal and confidential schedule for the next month. Please show it to him and ask him if it is correct.”

There was a ping sound from Chief Williams Mirror phone. He tapped his phone a few times then showed it to Kingsley.

None of us could see what it showed, but from the way the colour drained from Kingsley face I can only assume that it was what Auror Webb claimed it to be.

Struggling to control himself Kingsley asked, “Auror Webb how on earth did you get that information?”

“Sorry Minster I cannot give out that information without written approval from our Minister.”

“Rest assured that I will be making that request Auror Webb.”

“I’d be disappointed if you didn’t Minister. However, if the Minster does give his ok it will need to be discussed at a location other than your Ministry sir.”

“I’m beginning to see why Auror Webb.” Kingsley replied in defeat.

At this point Arthur spoke up with a thoughtful expression on his face.

“Kingsley, I would be happy to offer The Burrow as a secure location to continue this discussion. We have held meetings of the Order here many times with none of them being overheard by the wrong ears.”

“Arthur that is a great idea.” Kingsley said with a relieved smile.

“Auror Webb, do you have any objections to meeting here at The Burrow?”

“Not that I’m aware of Minster. But as mentioned before there are somethings I can’t discuss without the written approval of our Minster sir.”

“Understood Auror Webb.”

“Syd, get a move on and get here ASAP.”

“Yes Boss. Just let me finish up here, change into ‘John Citizen’ get dressed, deliver Fireball and her team and the Children then I will be there.”

“How long will you be at the Safe House is France Syd?”

“Not long sir, given recent misunderstandings I have limited my time there until I get a chance to properly sort things out with the French.”

“What misunderstandings Syd? I hope it was nothing like the incident with the Iranian Minister?”

“No Sir nothing like that. I think it was more along the lines of ‘crimes against Fashion and the French Language’. At least they were the terms Jean-Luc Devereaux used to describe it.”

Chief Williams laughed at this statement. While Fleur and Gabrielle had, questioning looks on their face.

“The fashion crimes I can believe Syd, as I have seen your personal wardrobe.” Chief Williams laughed.

“But the language crimes? Let me guess you forgot to have someone cast the translation charm for you before you went over?”

“No sir the charm was cast, unfortunately it was done by Pretty Boy.”

“I wasn’t made aware at the time of the fact that he doesn’t speak French at all. Until he can cast the counter charm I’m stuck with it. Given that he is currently undercover in S.E. Asia that could take a while.”

Still laughing Chief Williams replied, “Understood Syd. Get here as fast as you can, but get those kids back to their families first.”

“Will do Boss. Moving now.”

With a click the line Mirror Phone went silent.

Kingsley was looking at the Mirror phone with intense interest.

“That was a remarkable conversation, and a truly remarkable device as well Chief Williams.”

“Can you tell me more about it?” Kingsley asked.

“I’m afraid Minister I’m the wrong person to ask about it. Syd would be a better person to ask as he was one of the team working on the idea.”

“Auror Webb also works with your technical group? That’s a little unusual, isn’t it?”

“Minister, ‘Normal’ isn’t a word that is applied to Auror Webb very often.” Chief Williams said with a chuckle.

“How so?”

“I’m afraid a good deal about Auror Webb is classified. Without approval from the Minister there isn’t a great deal I can say.”

“But I can say he is one of our most talented Aurors with a very unique skill set and abilities.”

“When you meet with the Minister he will be able to provide you with more information than I can.”

“I see. Well it seems that my meeting with your Minister is going to be very interesting in more ways than one Chief Williams.”

Turning his attention to Hermione Chief Williams continued.

“Miss Granger, this is most beneficial for you. With Auror Webb on his way here you will be able to show him personally the information on your parents. I don’t doubt that he will have some extra questions for you as well.”

Hermione smiled at this statement.

“I must give you fair warning however Miss Granger, that while Auror Webb is one of our finest Aurors, he does spend most of his time around the worst of the worst. As well on a large number of undercover operations as ‘other people’. Because of this he has more than a few shall we say ‘rough edges’ and some odd tendances.”

Hermione was beginning to look a little worried at this news.

“I don’t mean to alarm you Miss Granger, just to prepare you. He most definitely will be ‘different’ to just about anyone else you have met. But everything he does and asks has a purpose to it.”

“If anyone can quickly find our parents it will be Auror Webb. It’s just that he has his own unique approach however.”

“I understand Chief Williams, and thank you for your assistance.”

“You are most welcome Miss Granger. I would suggest that you go and gather what information you have readily to hand on your parents, as I can guarantee that Auror Webb will ask to see it. Especially any photographs that you have of them. He is particularly interested in photos showing a close up of people’s faces. As he places great store in being able to see ‘the whites of their eyes’ as he puts it.”

“I will go and get them now Chief Williams.”

“There is no rush Hermione” I told her.

“Finish off your tea and cake first. There is no point in letting them go cold dear.”

“That’s a brilliant suggestion mom.” Replied Ron to no one’s surprise while reaching for another selection of cake and scones.
Reviews 19
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear