Search:

SIYE Time:9:21 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Darkness Within II
By MollyandArthur

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Sexual Situations, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 222
Summary: Sequel to Darkness Within. This story begins the night before Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts. Canon couples accurate to JKR. The romance between Harry and Ginny will develop slowly due to their ages. Please note rating and warnings.
Hitcount: Story Total: 100612; Chapter Total: 2910
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Tremendous thank you to Arnel for her beta work on this chapter! Trigger warning. Please note this story is rated R. This chapter is reminiscent of the first chapter in the original story.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Trigger warning. Please note this story is rated R.

Chapter 12

Family’s Consent

“I’m taking Miss Henry to another room to question her,” Draco announced peering at his fellow Slytherins. “Guard everyone carefully until Professor Umbridge returns.”

He pulled her out of the room quickly and down the long corridor to an empty classroom just around the corner. Closing the door behind them, he released his grip on her arm before pointing his wand at the heavy door and murmuring ‘Colloportus’.

The squelching sound of the door sealing caused Anna to take an involuntary step backwards.

Draco raised an eyebrow. “I just don’t want to be interrupted while we talk.” Stowing his wand in his pocket, he pulled out her wand along with Neville’s and set them on an old desk near the door. “Sorry I had to take your wands earlier.”

The sight of her wand relaxed her somewhat though she wished he had returned it to her.

“Anna, what weapon was Granger going on about?” he asked.

“I truly have no idea,” she replied with a bewildered shake of her head.

He stared at her for a moment as though trying to judge her sincerity. “I can’t really imagine Dumbledore creating a weapon to take over the wizarding world. He doesn’t have the ambition.”

She nodded. “I believe Professor Dumbledore has been offered the position of Minister for Magic a few times and has always declined.”

“So, why did she lie? What do you think Granger is doing?”

“I believe she was just…trying to distract Professor Umbridge. Draco, you do realize that woman was about to cast the Cruciatus Curse on Harry!”

He nodded, his expression closed. “She was upset.”

“She was unhinged!”

“Why were Harry and Hermione in Umbridge’s office?”

“Harry needed to make an urgent Floo call, and since communication out of Hogwarts has been nearly cut off, he didn’t have a lot of options.”

“Who was he trying to contact?”

“I can’t tell you that. It’s personal, a family matter.” She bit her lip. “I can assure you Harry is not trying to aid Dumbledore in taking over wizarding Britain, or create a weapon to attack the Ministry, or whatever other nonsense Umbridge believes.”

He raked a hand through his hair and paced the room briefly. Stopping to look at her, he approached her slowly. “Why were you in the Forbidden Forest the other day?”

“I…I told you. I thought I heard an animal in distress.”

“You don’t lie very convincingly,” he murmured. “Had you only been in the forest for a moment following the sounds of an animal, I would have seen you in the distance while I was walking. You were in the forest for quite a while. What were you doing?”

Anna clenched her hands together, trying to think of something to say.

“It’s not safe to be alone in the forest. You do realize it’s forbidden for a reason.” Draco added.

She nodded, biting her lip.

“You know every time you bite your lip, I’m very tempted to kiss you.” His voice was husky as his hand touched the side of her face, his thumb tracing her lips.

She flinched and backed up to the wall. It only put a couple of feet between them.

Draco allowed his hand to drop even as he took another step towards her. “Why were you in the forest?”

Anna swallowed. “I was practicing a spell, and I needed some privacy. I was only a short distance in. I wasn’t in any danger.”

He cocked his head. “Why did you need privacy? What kind of spell was it?”

“It’s...” she hesitated. “It’s perfectly harmless, a spell I learned a long time ago. It’s just not the kind of magic taught here at Hogwarts, that’s all.” She shrugged awkwardly.

“You mean like a folk ritual? Were you naked?” He smirked.

“Of course not!” she sputtered, her cheeks feeling hot.

“But, it was some type of folk magic…” his voice trailed off. “I suppose that is harmless enough.”

She nodded. “Shouldn’t we be returning to the others?”

“No,” he shook his head slightly. “We need to talk about the betrothal.”

Anna’s eyes widened. “There isn’t really anything for us to talk about. I mean, Aunt Augusta will discuss the situation with me when I go home.”

“Of course, we can talk about it,” he pressed. “This may be our only opportunity to discuss the betrothal privately before we all go home for the summer.”

“I just don’t know what there is to say,” she murmured.

“You can say you plan to accept a betrothal between us,” Draco said quietly.

“I can’t make you any promises. I’m sure you understand this process better than I, but my aunt was quite clear that the letters have to be carefully considered before we make a decision.”

“Who else have you received an offer from?” he asked. “I know about Ernie Macmillan, but I’m curious who the others are.”

Anna shook her head slowly. “I’m not sure I should say. Let’s go back to the others. Professor Umbridge may have already returned.”

“No.” He once again caressed the side of her face. “You need to promise me that you’ll accept a betrothal with me.”

“Draco, you must know I can’t do that,” she implored. “It’s not solely my decision to make. Augusta is my legal guardian, and Neville is my male Head of House. I can’t promise you anything.”

“They would surely listen to you and follow your wishes,” he argued. “My family is certainly the best of those who offered for you. We have more wealth and power than any other, even amongst the Sacred Twenty-Eight. You will never want for anything as my wife. I will shower you with jewels and fine clothes and anything else you desire.”

“I’m sure that’s true, but...”

“Then, say ‘yes.’ Agree to our betrothal right now!”

“I can’t, Draco!”

He gripped her shoulder. “Do you not understand how much I want you?” His lips were on hers before she had time to react. He held her firmly, his mouth pressing hard against hers demanding entrance. She opened her mouth to demand he stop, but realized her mistake when his tongue plunged into her mouth.

Forcing her hands up between them, she pushed hard against his chest. “Stop it, Draco!”

“Anna, I need you to agree to the betrothal!” he commanded.

She closed her eyes, breathing slowly. “Please, try to understand. I cannot agree to anything without my family’s consent. Surely, you understand the truth of that. Now, let’s return to the others.” Opening her eyes, she tried to force a calm smile only to see that Draco had removed his robe and tossed it aside. “What are you doing?”

His eyes pierced hers as he stepped closer and reached for her robe. “I’m guaranteeing your family’s consent.” His voice was soft and controlled as he rapidly unfastened the buttons.

She stood frozen, numb in disbelief as he eased her robe off her shoulders, and it fell to the floor behind her. Emerging from her stupor, Anna slapped his hands away from the front of her blouse which was already partway unbuttoned. “Don’t touch me!”

Draco pulled his wand from his trousers pocket and sent an Imperturbable Charm towards the door. “Don’t fight me, Anna. Your family will approve our betrothal when they understand that I’ve claimed you as my own.”

Replacing his wand, he moved her back against the wall and kissed her again, pushing her lips apart with his tongue. She felt his hands on her chest once more working at the buttons of her blouse. Reaching out desperately towards his trousers, she tried to find his pocket and retrieve his wand. Draco realized her intent quickly and grabbed both her hands pinning them to the wall. Panicking, she struggled to twist her body away from him, to free her arms from his strong grip. Turning her head to the side, she managed to break away slightly and scream.

He shook her, his fingers digging into the soft flesh of her arms. “No one can hear you. Don’t make me hurt you.” He gave her a stern, warning look before lowering his mouth to hers.

She bit down hard, grimacing at the sudden taste of blood.

“Damn it, Anna!” His eyes were hard, angry now, as a thin line of blood dripped from his lower lip. Grabbing her blouse, he tore it open, buttons popping as he shoved it off her shoulders and down her arms. The buttons at the wrists of her blouse were still fastened, so as the shirt descended her arms, her hands were effectively trapped in her own clothes.

Eyes widening in fear, she tugged helplessly to free herself from the tight cuffs. “Let me go! Please, Draco, don’t do this!”

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he stared at her briefly before roughly yanking off her skirt and dropping it to the floor. He quickly removed his shirt and pressed himself against her. “You need to relax, Anna.”

A tear slid down her cheek. “I’m a virgin. Please…don’t hurt me. I’m begging you.”

He used his thumb to wipe the tear from her cheek. “It will be okay. The pain will only last a moment. Then, you’ll be mine. Our betrothal announcement will be the toast on everyone’s lips this summer.” His mouth crashed down on hers, hard and demanding. His hands went to her chest, stroking, squeezing, pinching.

Even as Anna continued to struggle against him, to try to free her hands from the restraining material of her blouse, she began to feel a welcome hollowness come over her mind. She was only vaguely aware of his hands settling on her hips, his fingers squeezing her bottom, his growing hardness pressing into her belly.

“You have such a beautiful body,” Draco murmured huskily, his breathing labored. He took a step away from her as he unfastened his trousers and pulled them down, his eyes continuing to survey her form hungrily.

Anna blinked, her vision clearing just as Draco stepped out of his trousers. She caught a glimpse of the tented fabric of his boxer shorts before he pressed himself against her. One knee pushed between her thighs trying to force them apart. The hollowness that had overwhelmed her minutes before vanished in a haze of fury laced with fear. Feeling carefully behind her back, she grabbed the left sleeve of her blouse tightly and yanked as hard as she could. The muscles of her right arm strained with the effort, and she grimaced at the burning pain shifting slowly down her left hand as she finally broke free. Forcing her hands between their bodies she pushed at his chest, pouring all her rage into her hands as she shoved with every bit of strength she possessed. He looked momentarily startled as his body flew backwards across the room and struck the far wall before dropping heavily to the floor.

Anna stretched her left hand out awkwardly towards her wand, moaning in relief as it flew towards her. She pointed her wand at Draco sending a large flat net of rope to completely cover his motionless body. Rushing to the door, she murmured “Alohomora” and “Finite Incantatem” before reaching out for the door knob. Anna growled in frustration as she realized her right hand was still stuck in the sleeve of her blouse. Sinking to her knees, she set her wand on the floor and yanked brutally on her sleeve, finally freeing herself entirely of the blouse. She tried to hold back her tears as she saw how red and raw her wrists looked resting against the pale white skin of her naked thighs. Rising from the floor, she hurried over to her school robe and yanked it on. Too impatient to manage the buttons, she used a Sticking Charm to close the front.

Anna was breathing hard now. Fear and fury seemed to be warring with one another in her system. Her gaze returned to Draco’s still form. A red haze seemed to cloud her vision as she walked slowly towards him. Straightening her arm, she pointed her wand, a flurry of spells passing through her mind. She wanted to hurt him. She wanted to hurt him so badly that he would never be able to hurt her again. Never again. Lowering her wand, she cocked her head for a moment trying to remember the correct conjuring spell. With a nod, she murmured the incantation and smiled as a serrated knife appeared on the floor in front of her. Picking up the knife, she focused on the young man before her, trying to see past the red haze that obscured her vision.

“Anna!”

She heard Neville’s booming voice echo down the corridor. The knife dropped from her hand with a reverberating clang. Her eyes widened as her vision cleared. She looked from the knife to Draco and back again in utter horror. Glancing around frantically, Anna grabbed Neville’s wand from the desk Draco had deposited it upon as they entered the room and hurried out the door only to fall hard as she tripped.

“Anna!” Neville yanked her up from the floor. “Are you hurt?”

She started to pull away, and then winced as she felt her left leg crumpling under her. “I think my ankle is broken.”

“Oh, no!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Malfoy broke your leg?” Ron yelled in shock.

“No,” Anna shook her head. “I broke it just now when I fell.”

“Where is Malfoy?” Neville asked.

“Back there,” Anna gestured awkwardly behind her. “He’s…uh…out cold.”

Ginny nodded. “We finally escaped the others. Do you have any idea where Harry and Hermione are?”

She shook her head. “I don’t know.”

“We should probably head towards the forest,” Luna mentioned calmly. “It’s really the only place where a weapon could possibly be hidden from Professor Umbridge as well as a school full of students.”

Ron raised an eyebrow. “You do realize there is no weapon, right Luna?”

“Of course, but Hermione had to lead the professor somewhere, didn’t she?”

“That does actually make sense,” Neville admitted. “Look, why don’t the rest of you head towards the forest while I take Anna to Madam Pomfrey.”

The teens glanced at each other and nodded quickly in agreement before hurrying off.

“No,” Anna argued, squeezing his hand. “Harry and Hermione might really be in danger from that woman. I can make it to the hospital wing. Go with them, Neville.”

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Of course. Go on, now!” She pressed his wand into his hand and gave him a shaky smile.

“We’ll find them,” he promised as he ran off after the others.

Anna leaned against the wall for a moment, trying to catch her breath and calm down. She hadn’t even tried to heal herself, though a broken ankle was not exactly a simple injury. After trying the “Episkey” spell twice, she admitted to herself that she really did need to see Madam Pomfrey and began to slowly make her way to the hospital wing.

xxxxxxxx

Madam Pomfrey glanced around her empty hospital wing and sighed as she turned towards her office. This school year was certainly not the worst of her many years as matron, but it was admittedly one of the most frustrating. That woman!

Professor Umbridge was an absolute menace. As though it wasn’t bad enough she had forced Albus out of the castle, now Poppy also had to worry about Minerva and Hagrid. The thought of Minerva being struck by four Stunning Spells to the chest at her age. It was a cowardly attack, completely unprovoked, and now her friend was at St. Mungo’s. She had no idea where Hagrid was, but suspected he was hiding in the forest, or in the mountains nearby. He was a good and dependable colleague, even if he was rather rough around the edges. Who would be driven from Hogwarts next, she wondered bitterly?

Poppy was by nature a no-nonsense woman. She enjoyed the order of her well-stocked hospital. She appreciated having the magical knowledge to heal all manner of minor and even some major afflictions. She was discreet enough of teenagers to never ask too many questions. She was genuinely grateful for every month that passed without Harry Potter having to be brought into her hospital wing. Sighing again, she wondered how the boy was. Poppy was rather used to seeing him more often. Between Quidditch injuries and the Triwizard Tournament, he had been a bit of a fixture in here for years. Frowning she opened the door to her office, just as the hospital wing doors were pushed open.

“Miss Henry?” She approached the young witch with an appraising eye, noting the limp immediately.

The girl glanced quickly around the empty room. “May we speak in your office, please?” Her voice wavered slightly as she spoke.

“Certainly,” Poppy replied with a reassuring smile. She led the way to her office and closed the door quietly behind them. “How may I help you?”

“I need to use your Floo to make a call to Longbottom Manor,” Miss Henry said.

She shook her head. “I’m sorry, dear. Professor Umbridge has forbidden students Floo access except in emergency situations.” She hesitated. “May I ask why you are limping?”

The girl nodded slowly. “I think my left ankle is broken.” Her voice was void of emotion as she raised her wand to the front of her school robe and murmured “Finite.” The robe fell open.

Poppy forced herself to remain professionally detached even as she pressed one hand to her lips, a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach. Miss Henry removed the robe entirely, revealing that the only clothing underneath was a bra and knickers. Angry red marks were visible against her pale skin, on her arms, her hips, her thighs. Poppy noted the red, raw skin on both wrists, evidence she had been restrained and struggling to break free. “Who did this?”

“Draco Malfoy…in an old classroom along the corridor from Professor Umbridge’s office.” She pulled the robe back on, wrapping her arms around her middle protectively. “May I please speak to Aunt Augusta?”

Poppy nodded swiftly. “I’m going to lock you in this office. I need to alert a few staff members of this incident.”

The girl shook her head frantically. “Please, don’t tell anyone!”

“Miss Henry, we will be discreet. I promise you. We must secure the boy and the classroom where this occurred. When I return, I’ll also need to examine you.”

Anna nodded and sank to her knees before the fireplace.

Poppy hurried along the corridor. With Albus and Minerva both gone, she wondered who she should seek out. Hoping a professor was still near the Great Hall since the dinner hour had recently ended, she almost sighed in relief when she saw Pomona Sprout and Filius Flitwick.

“Oh, I’m glad you’re still here. I need your assistance.” She indicated for them to follow her to the Chamber off the Great Hall.

“What is it, Poppy?” Pomona asked.

“Miss Anna Henry came to the hospital wing a short time ago,” she explained. “I have not yet fully examined her, but it is clear she has been injured and…well, she may have been raped.”

Filius made an angry noise quite unlike anything she was used to hearing from him. “Who?”

“Draco Malfoy,” the matron replied. “She said it was an old classroom not too far from Professor Umbridge’s office. I need the room identified, if possible, and sealed. Also, Mr. Malfoy needs to be confined, and Severus will have to be informed about the situation.”

“I think we can investigate first, and inform Severus later,” Pomona announced with a glance towards Filius.

He nodded in obvious agreement.

“Well, I’ll leave you to it, then. I need to return to my patient.”

Returning to her office a few minutes later, Poppy saw the young Gryffindor sitting awkwardly before the fireplace. “Is Madam Longbottom on her way to Hogwarts?”

The girl shook her head. “No, I didn’t tell her. I started to. I told her everything that happened just before, but then…I stopped. Maybe she…doesn’t really need to know. Maybe…no one needs to know.” Her eyes were pleading as she looked up from the floor.

Poppy swallowed and tried to smile reassuringly. “Well, let’s not worry about that just yet. I need to examine you. Perhaps, we should start with your leg. How was it broken?”

The next hour passed slowly. Miss Henry seemed to be almost in shock. It turned out that Mr. Malfoy had nothing to do with her broken ankle. She had apparently tripped and fallen after getting away from the boy. The rest of her injuries were slowly identified and catalogued, once Poppy convinced the girl to allow a nude examination in the privacy of her office. Helping her into a pair of pajamas, she settled Miss Henry into a bed in the hospital wing and sat next to her, as she waited for the Potion for Dreamless Sleep to take effect.

Reviews 222
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear