Search:

SIYE Time:19:46 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Darkness Within II
By MollyandArthur

- Text Size +

Category: Pre-OotP, Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Dark Fiction, Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Negative Alcohol Use, Sexual Situations, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 222
Summary: Sequel to Darkness Within. This story begins the night before Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts. Canon couples accurate to JKR. The romance between Harry and Ginny will develop slowly due to their ages. Please note rating and warnings.
Hitcount: Story Total: 100627; Chapter Total: 2675
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Thank you all for reading and reviewing! Special thanks to my beta, Arnel.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 26

The Astronomy Tower

“Homenum Revelio,” Harry murmured. He glanced about the dark shadows of the Astronomy Tower for a moment. “We’re alone.” Harry whipped the Invisibility Cloak from their shoulders and shoved it into the large inner pocket of his black Hogwarts’ robes.

Ginny smiled as she watched him conjure a thick blanket and spread it on the cold stone floor. “This was a wonderful idea!”

He chuckled quietly and lowered his lanky form. “Only if none of the prefects come across us while on rounds.”

“Where is your sense of adventure, good sir?” She raised an eyebrow expectantly as she held out her hand.

He took it gently and kissed the back of her hand before tugging her carefully towards him. “I just can’t believe I forgot to bring the Marauders’ Map.” He turned her hand and raised it back to his lips, kissing the inside of her wrist as he stared into her eyes.

“You had other things on your mind,” Ginny said.

“True.” Harry leaned forward to place a soft kiss on her lips. She responded immediately, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, opening her mouth slightly to his exploration. One hand supported the back of her neck while the other threaded through the silky strands of her fiery hair. A hint of the floral shampoo she favored permeated the air around them. He inhaled slowly, allowing the distinct scent that was Ginny to fill him. Harry groaned as he ended the kiss, moving to her neck and sucking on the tender flesh. He used his tongue to trace a path from one freckle to the next, eliciting a sweet giggle and a tightening of her grip on his shoulder. His hand trailed from her neck down to her side as he shifted to lower her slowly onto her back. Her hair spread out around her like a red halo, accentuating the pale skin that glowed in the moonlight. A whimper escaped her lips as he moved to cover her body with his own.

“Is this too much?” His voice sounded oddly husky to his own ears. Ginny gazed up at him with her bright brown eyes and shook her head. A slow smile spread over her face as she pulled him down to meet her lips once more. Harry allowed instinct to take over as he kissed her lips, nibbled her neck, and caressed the soft skin of her throat. She held him to her, snogging him just as fiercely as he was claiming her. He loved the feel of her nails scraping lightly against his scalp, her soft curves pressing up against him. The growing ache in his trousers from his position on top of her eventually became more obvious, and he sighed loudly.

“I need to stop for a while,” he admitted. Pulling back regretfully, he attempted to regain some control over his body and his breathing.

Ginny bit her lip. “It’s very easy to let things go a little far with you.” She stroked his cheek gently with the tips of her fingers.

“Why do you think that is?” Harry asked.

“Because I feel perfectly safe with you,” she whispered. “I always have, you know. Ever since the Chamber, I’ve known I was completely safe with you.”

He swallowed thickly. Ginny rarely mentioned the Chamber. They’d still been kids then. He’d been terrified when he found her still form on the cold, hard floor. The image of the young Tom Riddle standing over her mockingly was a sight he knew he would never forget. Leaning down, he placed a chaste kiss on her lips. “You’ll always be safe with me,” he promised.

She smiled up at him. A look of pure peace and contentment lit her face. He grinned in return before lying next to her on the blanket. He pulled her gently into his arms, so her head was resting on his chest, and held her quietly for some time, listening to the sounds of the night and to her steady breathing.

“Were you able to see Sirius and Remus earlier?” Ginny asked. “Neville said they were in the castle.”

Harry nodded. “I saw them briefly. They were here to have a meeting with Dumbledore. Apparently, they’ll be working together regularly and doing some research at Hogwarts.”

“Is it something for the Order?”

“Sort of,” he replied, speaking slowly as he considered how much information he could share with her. “I’m not really supposed to talk about the specifics, but Sirius and Remus started helping Professor Dumbledore with a project a couple of months ago. Something that will help allow me to take down Voldemort. Sirius doesn’t really want me too involved in it because he said the adults can handle this part. It has nothing to do with the Prophecy.”

Ginny traced a random pattern over his chest with her fingertips. “Well, that sounds like a good thing, then. I’m glad they’re telling you what they’re doing. You have a right to know what’s going on, and if they are handling it, you have more free time.”

He chuckled. “That’s pretty close to what Sirius and Remus said. They want me to understand what’s happening, but they also want me to have time to focus on school, and on Quidditch, and on you.” He kissed the top of her head.

“Really?”

“Oh, yeah,” Harry sighed. “They’re both pretty chuffed that another Potter man fell for another red-headed witch.”

She giggled. “Do you think we need to head back to the common room soon?”

“Probably.” He made no attempt to move, but cuddled her warm body closer to his.

“Five more minutes?”

“Sounds perfect.”

xxxx

Neville glanced around the empty dormitory and screwed up his courage. It was rare for Harry to be the only other boy in the room and he really needed some advice. “Harry,” Neville began.

“Yeah.”

“Um , I was wondering…what do you like best about Ginny? I mean…what made you notice her as, well, as a girlfriend instead of just a friend who’s a girl?”

Harry looked up from the parchment he was writing on. “Oh, well, I guess I noticed her hair. It’s red and shiny and smells rather…erm…sorry, why do you want to know exactly?”

Neville cleared his throat awkwardly. “I’ve been, you know, thinking a bit about the conversation we had with Remus and Sirius over the summer. You remember the one I’m talking about?” His face flushed spectacularly.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “That talk was definitely memorable.”

Neville chuckled nervously. “A few of those diagrams were really quite something.”

“I know! I mean the girl would have to be seriously flexible to attempt that one position,” Harry agreed.

“And, that other one?” Neville snickered. “Remember how Remus turned it upside down and asked what the devil Sirius was trying to draw?”

He laughed. “Or the one with the guy holding the girl against…I mean the guy would have to be very strong and the girl kind of small, don’t you think?”

“I have the feeling Sirius has had a lot of interesting moments,” Neville smirked. “Either that or his imagination is extremely active.”

Harry nodded. “Probably a bit of both.” He cleared his throat. “Listen, I don’t think I’m probably the best to ask for advice about any of those.” He shrugged. “I mean I haven’t actually….” His voice trailed off as he gestured awkwardly with one hand.

“No, of course not!” Neville shook his head, his eyes widening. “I didn’t mean to imply…I mean I don’t really want to talk about that. It’s just Remus and Sirius mentioned the easiest way to let a girl know you like them is to ask them to go to Hogsmeade.” He exhaled loudly. “I’ve been thinking quite a bit about Luna lately.”

Harry grinned. “Well, that’s great, mate! Are you going to ask her out?”

Neville nodded slowly. “I think so. I mean I’d like to, but I’m not sure how to…” He sighed. “She’s really kind and easy to talk to, you know. I like her hair, too, and she has those intense eyes.”

“Who are we talking about?” Seamus asked as he sauntered into the room, followed by Dean and Ron, and leapt on his bed. “No, don’t tell me! Intense eyes. What do you think, Dean?” He glanced over at his friend expectantly.

The other boy sat next to him and pondered for a moment. “Lavender has rather intense eyes, an unusual shade of blue, and Ginny’s eyes are very…expressive.”

Seamus nodded. “Yeah. I think they have it for most intense eyes. How about best hair?”

Harry and Neville exchanged a glance.

“Are we sticking to Gryffindor girls?” Neville asked.

“For now.” Seamus grinned.

“Parvati has nice hair,” Neville said. “It’s very sleek and dark.”

“Ginny’s hair is good. Striking, you know,” Dean added. “No offense, or anything, Harry. It’s just that red is hard to not notice.”

“Yeah,” Harry agreed, although Neville thought he seemed a bit annoyed that Dean had commented on Ginny’s eyes and hair. “How about best skin?”

“Demelza, all peaches and cream, that one,” Seamus decided. “And Hermione.”

Ron swallowed audibly. “Hermione does have really nice skin.”

Seamus smirked. “Best breasts?”

“Maybe we shouldn’t go there,” Neville said, his face darkening slightly.

“Come on, Nev,” he drawled. “We all know it’s between Anna and Lavender. They both have seriously nice sets!”

“And, they’d both hex us into next week for commenting on their…erm…assets,” Harry added.

Seamus laughed. “Well, it’s not like we need to go and tell them. Besides, you never know, they might be rather flattered that we’re expressing our honest admiration and appreciation for their very feminine assets.” He paused, a wicked gleam in his eye. “Speaking of which, best arse?”

“Like we can even tell with the robes they wear,” Ron sputtered. “How did we even start talking about this?” He glanced around the room with a bewildered look on his flushed face.

“Before you lot came in, I was mentioning to Harry that I might ask Luna to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend,” Neville said quietly.

The mischievous glint left Seamus’s face almost instantly. He nodded thoughtfully, surprising Neville by how quickly he dropped the casual sexual banter. “Luna does have interesting hair and intense eyes. Good luck to you, mate!”

Neville exhaled slowly. He wasn’t sure why he was nervous, but somehow having the support and encouragement of two of his dorm mates made the whole dating thing seem a lot less daunting.

“You have to admit though, she’s a bit dotty,” Ron commented, earning him a glare from Harry.

Seamus rolled his eyes. “And who are you asking to Hogsmeade?” he asked.

“I’m going with Harry and Hermione.” Ron shrugged. “Same as always.”

“Ron,” Harry said slowly. “I’m going with Ginny. We have a date.”

“Oh, right, well…” his voice trailed off as he thought about the situation. “So, Harry’s going with Ginny. Neville, you’re going with Luna, if she says ‘yes.’ I guess Charlie and Anna are going together.” His forehead furrowed as his eyebrows drew together. “Who are you guys going with?” he glanced from Seamus to Dean.

“I asked Lavender and she accepted,” Seamus smirked.

Dean stared out the window for a moment before squaring his shoulders. “Well, I’m off….”

“Who are you asking?” Seamus called after him.

The other boy shrugged. “I’ll let you know when I come back.”

Ron frowned. “Well, this is just….” He collapsed on his bed.

xxxx

The wand flew into her hand. She put it into her pocket and turned to the letter. It vibrated slightly, but did not move from the table. Sighing in frustration, she focused on the bit of parchment once more.

“Anna, take a break, love,” Charlie murmured. She’d been practicing for almost an hour, enough time for him to finish grading the fourth years’ essays.

A stubborn frown appeared on her face. “If I can Summon my wand, I should be able to Summon the letter.”

He failed to hide a small smile. “Wands are magical objects. They may be easier to Summon than other objects.” He pulled out his own wand and set it on the table. “See if mine will come to you.”

She closed her eyes and exhaled slowly. Opening them, she stretched her hand out and was quickly rewarded with the wand flying into her open palm.

“That’s more wandless magic than the average witch or wizard is ever capable of.” Charlie stroked his hands slowly up her arms to lightly grip her shoulders. “You can Summon not only your own wand, but others as well. Take a break. It’s Friday night.”

Anna set both their wands on the table and smiled up at him, letting her hands rest on his waist. “What would you like to do in Hogsmeade tomorrow?”

“Anything you want,” he answered. “Even Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop. It’s probably one of those experiences that everyone should endure at least once.”

She laughed lightly. “I’ve heard some of the girls giggling about it. I’ve heard others talk about how awful it is, hideously frilly and tacky.”

Charlie placed a gentle kiss on her lips before slowly working his way to whisper in her ear. “I’ll be eager to hear your opinion after you’ve experienced it yourself.” He caught her earlobe with his teeth and tugged it carefully.

Anna’s grip tightened on his waist as her breath hitched. “Everyone wants to meet up at the Three Broomsticks at about two for a late lunch.”

“Sounds perfect.” He swept her up into his arms, catching her lips in a searing kiss, as he carried her into his bedroom.

Anna laughed when he dropped her onto his bed. “Why, Mr. Weasley, what are your intensions?” she inquired playfully.

He stood beside the bed, staring at her for a long moment, an unreadable expression on his face. “Would you like a glass of wine?”

Anna sat up and crossed her legs, sobering quickly under the intensity of his gaze. “Yes, please.” She hesitated. “Is everything alright?”

“Everything’s fine.” Charlie kissed her forehead before opening a bottle of red wine and pouring liberal portions in two glasses. “I didn’t mean to worry you.” He handed her a glass and relaxed against the bedpost.

They both sipped the wine quietly for a few minutes.

“Any news?” she asked.

Charlie shrugged. “Nothing much new. Dad’s worried about Death Eaters infiltrating the Ministry. They probably have a few people in place already and, of course, anyone could be put under an Imperius Curse. The recent breakout from Azkaban has put more pressure on the Auror Department. They’ve made a few arrests, but even Kingsley says they haven’t caught anyone remotely important in a couple of months.”

He stood, refilled his empty glass, and took a swig. “Fenrir Greyback and his werewolves are attacking more obviously throughout the country. The Dementors are roaming about spreading their misery everywhere and sucking the souls out of wayward Muggles. Bill says the goblins of Gringotts want to remain neutral, but that may be difficult over time. He’s trying to sway them towards siding with us instead of Voldemort if it comes down to that.” He sat at the end of the bed and stroked her leg gently. “We’re all safe here at Hogwarts, and the wards at the Manor and The Burrow are strong.” He emptied his glass in one long swallow. “Everyone’s okay for now.”

She drained the last of the wine from her glass. “Are you glad we stayed in Britain?”

“Yes,” he replied. “Don’t get me wrong. Sometimes I wish we were in Romania, but it’s good to be close enough to actually know what’s happening.” He smirked. “I did recently learn that Remus and Tonks are an item.”

“Seriously!” Anna set down her glass. “That’s wonderful! Remus deserves to have someone like Tonks. She is so much fun! I think he’ll be good for her, too. He’ll balance her energy.”

“I didn’t know you knew Tonks so well,” Charlie commented.

She nodded. “We spent some time together over the summer.” A warm blush suffused her face.

“Why are you blushing?” he asked.

Anna bit her lip. “Tonks is the one who gave me ‘The Talk’ over the summer.”

Charlie blinked in shock. “She…no one had ever explained things to you until this summer?”

“Well, I knew a little bit from my grandmother, and Hermione loaned me a book that explained a bit more. It was very basic though,” Anna admitted. “Tonks was really great about providing me with details that I hadn’t really understood before.”

He hesitated briefly, but couldn’t stop the question from leaving his mouth. “What kind of details?”

Anna began slowly unbuttoning her blouse. “Well, she told me she thought I would quite like to be on top. She said a lot of women enjoy it because it gives them a lot of control.” Anna eased the garment off her shoulders before she dropped it onto the floor. Moving up onto her knees on the bed she unfastened her skirt and allowed it to fall from her hips. Her pink bra and knickers left very little to the imagination. “A woman can be on her knees like this…” She separated her knees and sat back so she was almost sitting on her heels. “Or move into more of a squatting position like this.” Anna leaned back shifting to balance easily on her feet.

Charlie’s tenuous control snapped in an instant. He pushed her onto her back in one swift motion, landing on top of her and pressing his mouth to hers in a demanding kiss. Her knees were still bent and fell wide open allowing him to press urgently into the welcoming cradle of her thighs. Throbbing pleasure coursed through him clouding all restraint. He groaned as he slid his tongue into her mouth, tasting and stroking, the feel of her soft warmth fueling his desire. Her arms came around him, fingers digging into the hair at the nape of his neck and into his taut back. He gripped her hip as lust spurred his instinctive movements. A breathy whimper erupted from her throat causing him to pull back enough to nip at her lips.

“Charlie,” she moaned, arching more firmly into him as her head fell back on to the sheets.

Seeing her neck stretched invitingly before him, he sucked the delicate skin into his mouth. He was dimly aware of her hands moving around his body, but didn’t realize her intent or that she had managed to undo the buttons on his shirt until she gripped the fabric and yanked it from his shoulders. The feel of so much skin-to-skin contact abruptly brought him back to his senses. He slowed his movements and gentled his hands and mouth. They had been progressively exploring one another over several weeks now, but he had always followed an unspoken rule that one of them was to remain fully clothed at all times to reduce temptation. She followed his lead, exhaling slowly as her passion cooled. Her fingers moved lightly over his chest and back, caressing his scars and burns, tracing the lines of his tattoo.

“You’re entirely too tempting, you know,” Charlie muttered.

Anna bit her lip and looked up at him. “So are you. I’m still rather curious about how far this scar goes.” She traced the line diagonally down his abdomen, hesitating at the waistline.

He grabbed both of her hands quickly and pinned them flat against the mattress above her head. Her eyes widened slightly, and he released her. “Anna, I didn’t mean to–”

“I’m fine, Charlie,” she said. “Please, don’t…please, don’t worry.” She stroked his bottom lip with her thumb and smiled mischievously. “Tonks was correct about you.”

He sighed quietly. “In what way?”

“She told me that you are probably naturally dominant in the bedroom.”

“I think most men are,” he replied. “I don’t think I’m…unusually dominant.”

“So, you’d be fine with me being on top?”

He swallowed. “I have to tell you that now is not the best time to be discussing sexual positions.” He shifted uncomfortably. “But, of course, I’d let you be on top,” he said. “Well, for a few minutes anyways.” He rolled off the bed and picked up her blouse and skirt.

Anna laughed softly, catching the clothes he tossed to her.

Reviews 222
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear