Search:

SIYE Time:9:16 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Aether Continuum Part 1
By Zaphren

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 53
Summary: Two mysterious beings that claim to be Nephalem send Harry's soul back in time to fix the mistakes of the powerful and save his world from more than just Voldemort. This is a change in the Time Travel trope where Harry originally never went to Hogwarts, where events spiraled out of control and Voldemort had risen with the Philosophers Stone and Diary Riddle forced another side to the conflict.
Hitcount: Story Total: 51881; Chapter Total: 1746





Author's Notes:
A/N: I really enjoyed writing year 1, and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Here we are starting year 2 and hopefully I can start giving you guys some answers to those darn questions. This will be a short chapter, after all it’s just to set up year 2. Thanks to everyone for sticking through with this, and thanks for the reviews!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Year 2 Prologue

“I have worked with Ikelius, or Shadow as most know him in the universe, for the majority of my two lives. The first thing that I learned was that he is a good man, but the burdens he bear have driven him to relying on extreme measures. This may seem callous, but what’s one world to the survival to the rest of the universe?”
From the journal of Kesh’rak, Introduction; Page 1.

********************************** **************************************** ************************

In a secluded area of Wiltshire lay a massive mansion. It showed its extravagance with dozing peacocks in a well kempt and exotic garden behind a gilded iron-wrought fence that encircled acres of land.

Unfortunately, the impressive homes stately appearance was marred by the dark workings of those living within, for the family who owned it were the Malfoy’s. Currently, the two elder members of the family were quietly discussing the events of the past month at Hogwarts and the Ministry while being served tea by one of their many house-elves.

“Are you certain the Dark Lord appeared at Hogwarts?” The elegant woman asked. Her husband sighed before answering.

“From what Dumbledore reported to the Board. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named supposedly possessed one of the professors. Fudge is denying everything, doesn’t want the public in a panic.” He looked thoughtful for a moment. “Wonder if the fool would deny the Dark Lord’s return if he found a body on his desk with the Dark Mark hovering over it.”

The two sat in a comfortable silence, sipping their tea as the elf scuttled along the edge of the room in an attempt to remain unseen. The woman and finished her tea, and was placing it down when she looked intently at her husband once more.

“I do not agree with your plan to discredit Arthur Weasley and his Muggle Protection Act. You wish to gain Potter’s trust, but you move against possibly the closest wizarding family to him. I even heard from Draco that he wrote regularly to the youngest.” She paused before continuing, her voice intent. “The one your plan uses.”

Lucius would usually agree with his wife, she had proven in the past to be the more cunning of the two and would point out the flaws in his plans. This time was different, as the Ministry was performing raids yet again and he would need to remove numerous dark artifacts and their magical signatures. The consequences if they were found would be damning and all of the connections he had made within the Ministry wouldn’t be enough. No, this was the one time he had to disagree.

“I apologize Narcissa, but this risk is one I have to take.” He shook his head. “Miss Weasley is an unfortunate innocent and I highly doubt Mr. Potter or Dumbledore will connect the object with me should they discover it. The boy is connected to something larger than our world.” When the woman made to interrupt, Lucius held up a hand. “No, I do not have proof, but the feeling is there. His eyes did not match his age. There wasn’t enough innocence, no matter the upbringing I have heard his muggle relatives placed upon him. I need you to trust me just this once, love.”

While Narcissa nodded in agreement, the mind of the house-elf in the shadowed corner of the room was buzzing. He had overheard when the bad wizard had given it to his master, stating it would unleash a terrible creature upon the school. He would have to find a way to warn Harry Potter, gain his attention, even against his own master’s wishes.

***************************** **************************************** *****************************

Harry Potter’s summer had been, to say the least, a very stressful one. He and Dumbledore had scoured the entire school in vain with the hope of finding the Chamber of Secrets. They had even tried speaking with the lone death from when the mythical place had been opened fifty years previously, but each time Myrtle’s sensitivity would set her off and she would flood the entire corridor with water.

To make matters worse, he was also feeling the effect of a cold shoulder from his close friends. He had written to each, once shortly after the break had begun and again a few weeks later when there had been no response. He could understand Ginny, he had neglected to write her for months after Christmas, but the rest hadn’t any real reason. They all had departed amiably at Kings Cross and their silence was unnerving.

It was now August, and Harry’s birthday had come and gone. Nicolas Flamel had requested a meeting with Dumbledore about a secret order that disappeared in the early seventies. Their hope was that it may have contained clues on Voldemort's immortality and needed to hunt down it’s location. Dumbledore implored Harry to visit the Weasley’s while he was away from the castle to deduce the lack of letters.

It was this early August afternoon that found Harry trudging up the dirt path towards the eccentric wizarding families abode, the temperature was pleasant with a soft breeze. The village of Ottery St. Catchpole lay behind him, ignorant of his passing. Ahead lay his destination, The Burrow. The last he had seen it, the home was aflame with all of the members of the family, except Ron, inside. The memory flashed before his eyes before Harry shook his head to clear his mind.

He walked up to the front door, and knocked. He heard Mrs. Weasley shout something, followed by footsteps running down stairs and towards his direction. The door opened and Harry found himself looking into chocolate brown eyes. They stared at each other for a few moments, Harry lost in her eyes, Ginny shocked at his appearance before she recovered and smacked him in the arm.

“Ow, what was that for?”

“For not responding to any of my, or my brothers letters.” She smacked him again. Mrs. Weasley called, asking who was at the door causing the ruckus. “It’s just Harry, mum.” Ginny called over her shoulder. She then grabbed his hand and pulled him through the door. Indicating the couch for him to sit, she said. “I’m going to grab Ron and the twins. Wait here.”

Before she could turn to leave, he tightened his grip on her hand. “What do you mean? I’ve sent each of you two letters and I haven’t received anything…” He trailed off, his face paling. “Do you know if Ron’s been getting letters from Hermione?” When Ginny nodded, he groaned, “Mail going to and from me is being intercepted, but why?” Someone coughed from behind, causing the two to jump.

“Hello, Harry dear. Albus flooed earlier and mentioned you would be stopping by.” Mrs. Weasley’s stood behind them, hands on her hips and looking at their linked hands. Harry quickly dropped Ginny’s hand, both faces blushing deeply, and greeted the Weasley matriarch. “You’ll be staying in Charlie’s old room. Ginny, could you let your brother’s know Harry’s arrived while I show him around?”

Still blushing, the young redhead nodded and, with a final glance at Harry, fled up the stairs. As Mrs. Weasley led him through the kitchen, showing their family clock and pointing out Mr. Weasleys hand resting on ‘Work”, Harry felt the rest of the summer was going to be just as stressful as the first half.
Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear