Search:

SIYE Time:14:23 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Aether Continuum Part 1
By Zaphren

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 53
Summary: Two mysterious beings that claim to be Nephalem send Harry's soul back in time to fix the mistakes of the powerful and save his world from more than just Voldemort. This is a change in the Time Travel trope where Harry originally never went to Hogwarts, where events spiraled out of control and Voldemort had risen with the Philosophers Stone and Diary Riddle forced another side to the conflict.
Hitcount: Story Total: 51979; Chapter Total: 1608





Author's Notes:
A/N: Holy crap I’m super sorry for this late update. First I got the flu, and had no energy to write, this was followed by what I’m beginning to dub ‘hell-month’ at the hotel I work. The two weeks following being sick basically led me to a life of work, then sleep. Anyways, work should be quieting down til at least the summer when conventions begin to be more frequent and I should have loads of time.Well here we all are, moving forward again. I hope to continue with the little excerpts from Kesh’raks journal entries. Hopefully they’ll give you guys more insight towards our mysterious trio. Anyways hope you all enjoy the chapter. Thanks for reading and please leave a review!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Year 2 Chapter 1: Summer at The Burrow

“My soul was in its transition to the lifeless demonic body it now inhabits for the majority of this time, but Ikelius and Lars faced continuous failures with their ‘wards’ after the success they had with my journey as a human. They won’t say much about it, but my estimates reach nearly a thousand ‘wards’ died successively. To a being such as Ikelius, who rarely faced failure before, that time had to have been very hard. And while Lars does an amazing job of hiding it, there is no doubt that during this time his depression crippled him enough to prevent that little spark of life he gives that Ikelius needs. I hope, for our sake, that this doesn’t happen again or I fear that we will have lost for good.”

From the journal of Kesh’rak, Chapter 3; Page 47

********************************** **************************************** **********************************

H arry’s first week at The Burrow was the opposite of how he expected it to be, mainly due to not finding any leads with who was intercepting their mail even though he still wasn’t able to get mail from Hermione. In fact, he would go so far to say that it had been the best week since the ritual that transported him back in time. It hadn’t been just fun and games, as Mrs. Weasley had conscripted Harry to help out with the chores, but even those weren’t that bad. He had thoroughly enjoyed de-gnoming the garden, as well as helping Mr. Weasley with his projects on muggle items.

The boys had also recruited him into playing Quidditch, though Harry felt slightly guilty about playing as he had more years of experience on a broomstick then the others believed. He did his best to hold himself back but found it easier to defer to letting Ginny fly for him. The three Weasley boys were ignorant of her nightly flaunts were completely shocked when she proved to be the best flier out of them all.

However, it was during these flying times that Harry would see the Ginny that he knew. While doing chores together or at meals, she would be uncharacteristically quiet and Harry began to wonder if Mrs. Weasley catching them with their hands together had been the cause of it. Fortunately for him, that proved to be wrong when she finally voiced her thoughts to him one afternoon while they were out in the garden pruning the flower bed.

It began with them quietly working, she starting on the row of flowers behind him, and five minutes in, Mrs. Weasley had moved inside, deeming their early work good to leave them unsupervised. The silence passed for nearly fifteen minutes after the matriarch left before Ginny cleared her throat, then seemingly lost her nerve as the silence fell once more. They would glance at each other when one wasn’t looking, before another ten minutes passed and she spoke up as she moved to the next cluster of flowers.

“When did you meet Shadow, and how does looking at him make you feel?” The question was definitely not what Harry was expecting at that moment, and it caused him to cut entirely too low on the flower he was pruning. He didn’t realized this, as his head swung around quickly to look at his friend, who was now looking directly at him for the first time since his arrival.

She had asked about the Nephalem after the incident with the Stone, but Harry had brushed her off claiming that it was too complicated and he would explain at a later time. Clearly Ginny felt that the time for an explanation was now, but he couldn’t think how her question connected with her previous ones.

“Met him about four years ago. He makes me… uncomfortable. It’s like, how you can feel the aura of someone when you look at them, but with him… it’s felt like there wasn’t anything there.”

The young girl frowned, turning back to continue working. He also turned back to his work, noticing the flowers he had ruined earlier and magically fixed them. For the next several minutes he would glance at Ginny, but she seemed content with his answer. It wasn’t until they were finishing up that she continued.

“To me, he feels the same way as you do. Like, when I’m near him I’m safe… That doesn’t seem to explain it the way I want but its close.” She cocked her head to the side, “The feeling is so close, that it’s almost like you’re the same person.” Gathering the cuttings into a pile, the two began to make their way back to the house to let Mrs. Weasley know they had finished.

“Do you trust him?” Harry asked, watching his friend closely.

“Yes, I don’t know why he didn’t help you but he still did something. Even if that was using me to save you.” She eyed Harry for a moment. “I get the feeling you don’t like him much.”

He stopped before they entered the back door, leaning against the wall. He was about to reply when he caught himself and really tried to think of why he didn’t like the Nephalem. Was the lack of feeling anything when he looked at the man distorting his view on him? The work that Shadow had done behind the scenes were overall beneficial for them. The ritual had given them all another chance against Voldemort, and the regulation allowed him to stay at the school when the Sorting Hat deemed that Harry could not be sorted.

“I don’t like him because he does things without any regard on the people it affects. Yes he does help, as we found out that the school legislation that lets me stay at Hogwarts was pushed by Shadow. Maybe I’m used to having control over myself.”

Ginny grinned at him, then stepped back near a bush to open the door when a very loud squeak came from the plant. In an instant, Harry’s wand was out in his right hand as his left reached into the bush. Grasping something that didn’t feel the same, he flung it out onto the ground.

Recognizing that the thing he’d grabbed was a House Elf, he quickly cast the spells to prevent the creature from escaping, then released his hold on the Elf while still pointing his wand at the creature. The small being was cringing in fear, holding its hands over its large bulbous eyes.

Ginny moved run inside, but Harry stopped her by holding up his left hand. “Who sent you?” His voice was rough and forceful, causing the Elf to flinch.

“No one sent me, Harry Potter sir. Dobby has come because he wanted too.” Dobby’s voice was high pitched, near enough that it hurt Harry’s ears when he talked. The two children looked at each other, Harry’s eyes intent and his mouth forming a frown and Ginny’s face in a questioning look.

“Then what brings you here, Dobby? I won’t hurt you, but I’d rather you not leave while I have questions.” Harry’s wand was still pointing at the quivering elf, but he did visibly release the tension on his shoulders. Dobby eyed the wand, then looked between Harry and Ginny.

“I came to warn the great Harry Potter against going back to Hogwarts this year, sir. Dobby hears of dark magic being unleashed on the school, sir, and Dobby wishes to protect Harry Potter.” While he spoke, the elf continued to look between the two children, though his eyes stayed on Harry’s face for just a bit longer than Ginny.

Harry, however missed this as his mind was whirling. The elf knew something about the Chamber being open, that much was certain, but how much did he know? Could he even reveal more than he already had? He decided he’d try and take a risk.

“If you’re talking about the Chamber of Secrets, I already know it’s going to be opened. In fact, I already began working on stopping it. As long as it doesn’t go against your masters’ wishes, could you tell me anything that would help?”

Dobby looked at Harry with adoration. “Dobby knows Harry Potter has been looking for something, but Dobby had no idea that Harry Potter would risk himself to help his friends! But Dobby wanted to protect Harry Potter and believed that he could prevent Harry Potter from going back to school if he stopped his…” The elf stopped, the adoration turning to fear. He struggled against the magical bonds that held him, then when he couldn’t break his body free began to slam the back of his head into the ground. “BAD DOBBY!”

Harry responded quickly and levitated the elf before he could do any damage. Dobby continued to flop for a few moments before he realized his head wasn’t hitting anything. Panting from his exertions, he watched Harry warily.

“So, you’re the one who stopped all of my letters?” Harry asked, his tone was flat as he attempted to suppress his rage. When the floating elf nodded, Ginny growled. “Did you give them to anyone?” Dobby shook his head. “Do you still have them, and if so would you give them to me.” Once more the elf nodded, and Harry gently set the elf on the ground and released the body-bind spell.

Once Dobby was standing upright, he reached into the pillowcase he was using to cover his body and pulled out a small stack of letters. Once they were handed over, Harry tried to get one last amount of info from the elf. “Is there anything you can tell me about your family, something that doesn’t break the rules they’ve set on you.”

Dobby thought for a moment, then he looked around suspiciously before leaning in closer to Harry who also leaned in. “They is bad wizards Harry Potter, sir. But Dobby thinks they want to change.” The elf looked around scared once more before continuing. “Is there anything else Harry Potter, sir?”

“Just don’t try to stop me anymore Dobby, I have enough to worry about. Don’t contact me unless there’s anything else you can think that might help me. You can go now.” Harry released the final spell and the elf popped away. The young boy didn’t move, but sat staring at the letters in his hand.

Ginny touched his shoulder lightly to get his attention. “Why did you ask him about his family?” Harry didn’t shift his gaze, but sat in thought for a moment.

“I wouldn’t doubt it if the family who owns him was a former supporter of Voldemort and is involved in this threat of the Chamber of Secrets being opened. Most likely Dobby overheard his master talking about the Chamber and decided to protect me. The biggest problem is… I can’t think of who would want to change sides.”

He stood up then looked over at Ginny. She was watching him closely. “What’s the Chamber of Secrets?”

Harry motioned her to follow him into the shed where Mr. Weasley kept his things. There he explained what he knew about the Chamber. How it had been opened fifty years previously and had eventually led to a student’s death. He told her that the wrong person was caught and expelled from the school, leaving the one who they did suspect to roam free afterwards, and that person was Voldemort.

They sat quietly for a few minutes after he had finished. Harry had watched Ginny closely as he explained, and now the girl was shuffling her hands as she thought. When she did look up, there was a fiery look in her eyes.

“Why is it always you that gets involved in these kinds of things, it’s not fair. I don’t want you getting hurt again.” She crossed her arms pouting, in a way that clearly told Harry she was trying to get her way. A shadow of a smile crossed his lips.

“It’s just the way my life is, doubt it’ll change before Voldemort is defeated for good.” The smile disappeared off his face, growing somber. “Ginny, if you learn or hear anything about the Chamber this next year, please tell me about it.” He watched her intently until she nodded. Slipping off the table they were sitting on, he said. “Right, we should probably head back inside before your mom thinks we got lost or something.”

Ginny clomped off the table as well, then with a mischievous smile on her face, pushed Harry, causing him to trip and fall over. “Last one in the house has to do the dishes from dinner!” She called out behind her as she slipped out the door to the shed.

“Oi, that’s cheating!” Harry shouted, scrambling to his feet and chased after her.
Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear