Search:

SIYE Time:11:27 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Aether Continuum Part 1
By Zaphren

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Death, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 53
Summary: Two mysterious beings that claim to be Nephalem send Harry's soul back in time to fix the mistakes of the powerful and save his world from more than just Voldemort. This is a change in the Time Travel trope where Harry originally never went to Hogwarts, where events spiraled out of control and Voldemort had risen with the Philosophers Stone and Diary Riddle forced another side to the conflict.
Hitcount: Story Total: 51869; Chapter Total: 1329





Author's Notes:
Notes will be at the end of the chapter, unless I have a huge amount to say then it will be here.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Year 2 Chapter 5: Return to Hogwarts

“We have found that the dragons on Earth may look the same as those in the rest of the universe, but they have not yet shown signs of a cohesive mind. He, and Ikelius, have mentioned that they would like to study them and see exactly what the differences are. I, myself am intrigued, but in the few encounters I’ve had with dragons up close do not leave me with a desire to repeat these experiences.”

From the journal of Kesh’rak, Chapter 46; Page 936



*************************** **************************************** *********************************


The Weasley family and Harry rushed onto Platform 9 ¾. They only had five minutes to get on the train, and Mrs. Weasley was a frenzy in her attempt to rush her children.

They would have been early, but the twins had each forgotten something, followed by Ginny’s frantic exclamations that she had left her diary behind. As they were on their way back, Harry, who was sitting in the back between Ron and Fred, got Ginny’s attention as she was sitting in the front next to her mother.

“You have a diary?” He mouthed as he smirked, to which she blushed, shrugged and hid her face into her mother’s shoulder.

On the Platform, while Mrs. Weasley fussed over her children, Harry watched the other families around them. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until Ginny grabbed his hand, pulling him toward the train.

“C’mon Harry, the trains going to leave without us.” As Harry let her pull him, the train whistled and he continued looking around. He watched as Neville Longbottom said goodbye to his grandmother, and behind them was Daphne Greengrass hugging her younger sister as her parents watched.

Once Ginny reached the train, Harry felt unnerved, as though he was being watched by unfriendly eyes. He looked behind, to where the two elder Weasleys stood watching their children enter the train. Behind them stood Lucius Malfoy, but he wasn’t looking at his own son, but was watching Ginny closely. Harry narrowed his eyes, but the youngest Weasley tugged his hand, and he reluctantly followed her onto the train.


**************************** **************************************** ********************************


The train ride to Hogwarts was, well, slightly boring compared to Ginny’s expectations. First, her, Ron and Harry got into a compartment with Hermione and were shortly joined by Daphne. The three girls enjoyed a conversation, while the two boys played chess. It was one of the few things Harry wasn’t better than Ron at, which frustrated the raven haired boy to no end. The second reason was that Harry eventually took a nap after they got snacks from the trolley, Hermione buried herself into one of her books, and Ron and Daphne got into an argument over something that was probably stupid.

Once the ride had ended, Ginny was feeling restless, but she was slightly upset with Tom for saying she would be good in Slytherin when she really wanted to be in Gryffindor. She had tried to ignore his words, but they were causing her to doubt. Sure, Daphne was in Slytherin, but Ginny couldn’t see herself there and doubted that she would get many friends.

Now they were off the train, exiting onto Hogsmeade station, Harry led her to where Hagrid was calling out for the first years. After a quick introduction, Harry left, claiming he’d need to be in the Great Hall for the Welcoming Feast.

“I think Harry is a bit nervous.” The giant said, his voice was disarmingly soft. “S’like he forgot we met las’ year after…” He trailed off and looked down at the small redhead.

“He’s tried to hide it, but Harry’s been really stressed over the summer about the Chamber of Secrets.” As she mentioned the so-called mythological place, Hagrid’s beady black eyes flickered.

“Is that so?” After a moment of silence, Hagrid called out again for the first years, and Ginny watched as a familiar blonde made her way toward the giant.

“Hello, Ginevra.” The girl was holding a magazine in her hand as she stared up at Hagrid. “You must be Rubeus Hagrid. My father told me about you and how much you like magical creatures.”

“This is Luna Lovegood, Hagrid.”

Hagrid glanced down at Ginny, seemingly unsure of himself. “Er… Pleasure to meet yeh, Luna.” Luna smiled, then moved next to Ginny and linked her free arm with one of the redheads. He rubs his massive hands together, as if warding off a sudden chill. “Listen, you two better get on down ter the rafts. We’ll be using them to get up ter the school.” He pointed down by the lake where fifteen or so small boats floated off the edge, before cupping his mouth and shouting out for more first years.

Deciding that being disobedient on her first day would be bad, Ginny pulls on the blondes arm, leading her down to the docks and into one of the boats. Ginny didn’t feel much like talking, and it seemed the blonde girl felt the same way as she pulled out the magazine that was in her hands, The Quibbler, and opened it up to near the middle.

As more and more first years join them, Ginny thought over how differently Harry acted the closer they got to September First. When he’d first arrived at the Burrow, and after talking with that house elf, it had been clear that something was bothering him, but Ginny got the impression that Harry wouldn’t open up except on his own terms, when he wanted to and pushing him would only cause him to push back.. So she let him be, and he had begun to relax.

But after Diagon Alley, he began to withdraw again. He would hide his worries when he knew others were watching, but Ginny had seen just two nights before when he’d snuck out to sit in the garden. Here, he’d shown clear signs of frustration, running his hands through his hair with one hand as the other tapped at a sheet of parchment to some unknown beat. After nearly ten minutes of watching him, Ginny began to feel sleep coming and moved to return to her bed. Yet, it was just then that the parchment Harry was holding burst into flame and, though she couldn’t hear him, he screamed angrily into the night, tossing the now scorching ball of fire into the air, fizzling into nothing before it reached the ground.

She hadn’t slept much that night, as Harry’s face floated in her mind. The angry and frustrated face, but there was also something else there she couldn’t quite grasp. While she had been running this over and over, the clock in their home chimed, signalling that it was nearing three in the morning.

Ginny was pulled from her thoughts at that moment, the boats had begun to move and it was only then she noticed that her and Luna’s boat had an extra passenger. A small mousy boy, with a muggle camera strapped around his neck. His eyes bulged in wonder and excitement as he listened to Luna talk about the creatures that her and her father tried to prove existed. While Ginny knew these creatures didn’t, she couldn’t help but latch onto this boys enthusiasm and began to listen just as intently while the boats coasted along the lake towards Hogwarts.


************************* **************************************** ***********************************



Ginny was now standing in the Great Hall, as the other first years around her were slowly being sorted. One by one they left her, and with each one sorted, her fear of being sorted into Slytherin grew. A small voice in the back of her head knew she was overreacting, but that fear had already taken hold of her heart and was clutching with an icy grip.

“Pearson, Samantha.” The strict looking Professor McGonagall called out, and a girl to Ginny’s left nearly skipped to the Sorting Hat. Pearson slammed the Hat onto her head, which shortly sorted her into Gryffindor. Ginny looked up at the staff table, near the end where Harry and Hagrid were having a whispered conversation. The younger of the two must have felt someone’s gaze, as he looked around the Hall before settling on her and giving a soft smile before turning back to whatever it was the giant was saying.

Just like that, the small gesture seems to have calmed her nerves. The fear was still there, but it had shifted over and didn’t seem nearly so important. Maybe being in Slytherin wouldn’t be so bad, she thought to herself. It’s not like Harry would stop talking to her, and while her brothers would be upset in the beginning, she doubted they would shun her. She was drawn from her musings when she heard her name ring out over the Hall.

Suddenly, all of the fears that had been shifted to the side were back at the forefront of her mind. She felt herself walking, but she couldn’t remember giving her legs the command to do so. She had just taken the steps up to the stool, when she looked up at Professor McGonagall. Ginny realized that she was shaking under her robes that were just too big for her. The normally strict looking woman gave her a warm smile, motioning toward the stool and Ginny sat down, feeling as though her legs could no longer carry her weight. Just before he Hat fell over her eyes, she noticed how closely the student body was watching her

The voice whispered just for her to hear. “Ah, Miss Weasley. I’ve been very excited to meet you since Mr. Potter put me on his head last year. Hmm, yes.” The last word was drawn out, like the Hat was thinking about something. “It is rare to have two chosen by someone like Shadow.”

Fear of a different kind than what she was experiencing earlier caused her whole body to stiffen up. “You’re not goi-” The hats quiet laugh cut her off.

“Oh ho, oh no, my dear. You’re not quite the same situation as Mr. Potter. No, you see, he doesn’t need schooling. Of course for the why, you’d have to ask him. Now, let’s see here. Hmm…” The hat trailed off, no doubt browsing her mind like one would a bookshelf in a library. “That is a good way to put it Miss Weasley, but it’s not exact. Oh, and what’s this secret you’re hiding? Ah, I see. Miss Wea-” The hat stopped for a moment, as though it had just been hit with a hammer. When it spoke again, his voice was completely serious. “Ginny, dear girl, you may be cunning, may have some ambition but Slytherin is not a house that would suit you. Now, you’re other secret, mind, is something you should fear, and it should not be a secret from Mr. Potter.”

“Do you mean-” Yet again, she was interrupted by the Hat, who shouted out to the Great Hall.

“GRYFFINDOR!”

The Sorting hat was removed from her head before she could continue. She hesitated, glancing quickly at the hat then to McGonagall who was smiling down at her and clapping lightly, before she scurried to the table her brothers sat at. Slipping in next to Ron and Hermione, she looked up at the head table to see Harry still clapping for her, one of the few that continued to clap past the the majority of the student body. He was smiling as well, but she saw his eyes shift toward the Sorting Hat for one moment. It was then that Dumbledore stood, his arms spread wide and the Hall quieted. Ginny’s first year had officially begun.


**************************** **************************************** ********************************


H arry followed Dumbledore into his office, and the two sat in separate comfortable looking chairs that were placed in front of the fire. The two settled in, the Headmaster offering a lemon drop which the young man accepted with earnest. As they stared into the fire, Harry’s eyes look over at the Sorting Hat, now sitting innocently on one of the shelves.

“It won’t tell you what it said to Miss Weasley, Harry.” Dumbledore’s voice forces Harry to look at him. “Nor will it tell her your secrets you wish to hide. The Hat won’t tell anyone what secrets reside in the students it sorts, not even the Headmaster of the school.”

Sighing, Harry ran his hands through his hair, something he knew he’d been doing entirely too much in recent weeks. “Probably doesn’t know anything that would help with the Chamber anyway.” After another brief silence between the two, Harry broke it. “So, what did Nic want?”

Instead of answering, Dumbledore pulling out folder, filled with parchment and something that looked like a muggle newspaper clipping. Brow furrowing, Harry opened the file and began to read.

For a half an hour, Harry read things that made his head spin. He’d never heard of this Templar Order, but finding that it existed and, in a roundabout way, was lead by none other than Shadow. Of course, there wasn’t any actual mention of him, but reading between the lines, Harry was able to piece the puzzle together. The last sheet was the list of all the members, many included sketchings, and at the bottom was the date the Order had been formed, the year 1066.

“Bloody hell!” Harry exclaimed in a whisper after closing the folder. “Shadow has a far larger grasp on this world then we imagined.”

Nodding, Dumbledore steepled his fingers. “If those sketches of the members were accurate, which I highly believe them to be, then most of them did not age until the Order disappeared.” Finally, since entering the office, the elder man looked over at Harry. “I believe that each of the original members were Nephalem as well.”

The two looked at each other for a few seconds before Harry finally caught on to what the older man was thinking. “You think someone, or something, killed them all?” When Dumbledore didn’t answer, Harry let out a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding. “What the hell could have done that? You’ve seen in the Pensieve of that last night, how Lars fought. Nothing the Death Eaters could do would get past his defenses. And everything they said made it sound like Shadow was even better.”

Finally, Albus looked away. “But I know that at least one was killed. Armando… his body was nearly unrecognizable when we found it.” The aged headmaster took a moment to gather himself. “I fear that Shadows enemies were here long before he believed, hidden and biding their time.”

“Once this business with the Chamber is complete, we should continue to look into the Templar Order. But we’ve spoken enough of this tragic tale for now.” Dumbledore popped another lemon drop into his mouth, enjoying it’s flavor for a moment. “I assume it wasn’t just chores and fun at The Burrow?”

“No, it was… interesting. Found out that any letters in association with me were being intercepted by a house elf. Spoke with said elf and got the letters back but he was trying to prevent me from returning to Hogwarts.” Dumbledore rose his eyebrows. “No idea which family owns him, but Dobby said they were bad wizards, and he felt they wanted to change.

“We, er… that is, Ginny and I, also had a chat with Lars and another of their companions.” Harry expected Dumbledore to look surprised by this news, but his mentor just continued to stare at him. “Er… they transported us onto their ship because I almost did elemental magic and they had to stop me.” He scratched the back of his head, trying to not look too embarrassed.

“This companion, was he another Nephalem?”

Shaking his head, Harry answered. “Demon. Name’s Kesh’rak.” The elder man’s face grew serious. “I don’t think he always was one though, he mentioned having two lives.” Dumbledore continued to look at him for a moment longer before sighing and looking back to the flames.

“We will have to trust in their judgment, they know this Kesh’rak and trust him.” He glanced down at his wrist where an intricate watch lay. “Is there anything else? It is getting late and you do have classes to help with in the morning.”

“Er… Yeah, actually. While we were in Diagon Alley, I ran into this, well at least he talked like he was an American wizard. Anyways, he mentioned Shadow, except by his real name.” When Dumbledore motioned for him to go on, Harry continued. “His real name is Ikelius. I think that’s how he pronounced it. Most everything else he said didn’t make a lot of sense, but he said we would meet him again next summer.”

“Then we’ll plan to meet him. Now you should be off to bed.” After their farewells, Harry let the office door shut behind him.

A few minutes passed as the Headmaster sat in his thoughts before looking up at the portraits of the other Headmasters, where Armando Dippet’s had slept since the beginning of last school year and would not rouse. “What secrets are you keeping, old friend?”


A/N: Here we are back at Hogwarts! We've got confirmation that Ginny has the diary! (oh no) And she's writing in in! (OH NO) And Lucius was being creepy (ew) What does this spell for our famous couple! IDK, but I hope you all enjoy it! Lastly, I want to wish you all a Happy Halloween as it is in a few days! Thanks again for reading and I hope you leave a review!
Reviews 53
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear