Search:

SIYE Time:13:38 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Kiss Me
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts, Post-DH/AB
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 24
Summary: Some moments just require a kiss, something Harry and Ginny are happy to partake in. Multiple moments throughout their relationship that prove a kiss makes everything better.
Hitcount: Story Total: 22670; Chapter Total: 1968





Author's Notes:
Set six months after the previous chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry Potter was not a planner. He knew that for years. He didn’t plan his way out of the Chamber of Secrets. He did not plan his trip the Ministry to save his godfather, Sirius. There was no planning, whatsoever, when he kissed Ginny Weasley in front of the entire Gryffindor Common Room.

So why would he plan a proposal? Everything else had worked out by taking the situation for what it was.

‘I mean really,’ He thought, as he watched Ginny. ‘What’s the worse she can say?’

The irrational part of his brain chose this moment to join his inner monologue, ‘Well, she can always say no…’

Merlin, how Harry hated his irrational brain. Why couldn’t he just act. He liked when he just acted. That’s why being out in the field as an auror was so appealing. It was all just gut feeling and making split second decisions.

Not that this was a sudden decision. Hell no. He had been wanted to do this for a while. He had even gone out and gotten a ring, with Hermione’s help. He had be carrying it around for the better part of four months now.

The small box felt much heavier than it should in his pocket. It wasn’t like he bought the largest ring they had in the shop. No he stayed with a simple silver band and a, what Hermione called, midsize diamond. He had splashed out for two small emeralds to placed on either side of the diamond. His ring of choice was the perfect size to fit under her chasers gloves. It wasn’t flashy, but it did say “Ginny” to him when he saw it.

Hermione had agreed, because when he pointed at it she had gripped his arm hard, silently giving her approval.

Now here he was four months later. The ring being unworn, wasting away in his jeans pocket.

Ginny gave a small snort across the table from him. They were sitting in compatible silence, her reading the paper and him contemplating all his life choices that lead him to here. She was only half way through the morning Prophet.

‘Not at the sports section yet,’ Harry observed. So she isn’t laughing at a pitiful Cannon’s score again.’

“And what pray tell, has made you make such an unlady like noise this morning, my dear?” Harry asked sarcastically.

She gave another derisive snort, glancing up at him. “Oh these romantic fools in The Prophet.” She set the paper aside her plate. “They are printing the top five proposals.”

It was ten days before Valentines day. Of course, The Prophet was going already going sappy.

Harry gave his own snort. “Oh yeah?” He questioned raising his eyebrow. “Any of them good?”

Ginny shook her head. “No they are all so… so,” She moved her hands in a “trying to figure out the correct word” motion. “Lame.”

Harry laughed out right. “What makes them lame?”

Ginny rested her head on her open palm as she placed her elbow on the table. Her brown eyes met his green ones. Harry loved her eyes. Sometimes he wondered if it was possible to fall in love with someone because of their eyes. Of course he loved other things about her, but her eyes just held so much life in them.

“Well,” She drawled. “They all just felt so… over the top.”

Harry cocked his head slightly, eyebrow rising higher into his hair, “Like what?”

“I’m glad you asked,” Ginny moved enthusiastically, her head rising from her hand as it reached for the discarded paper. “Look at number four, for example.” She opened the paper to the corresponding point, and turned The Prophet to face him.

The page showed a young couple, embracing, at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Lights glittered all around them, clearly set up in strategic positioned. She wore a long, flowing dress and he wore a dashing suit. The woman’s new ring sparkled off one of the lights.

“I mean,” Ginny’s voice contained so much disappointment in the couple “he took her all the way from America, to France, just to propose to her. So unnecessary.”

Harry felt a small bubble of fear rise in her chest. He may not be a very romantic guy, but Ginny seemed to be less into romantic gestures, than he knew.

But then she continued, "I mean there is nothing wrong with being simple." She turned the page of the paper with fluorous. "Why bother taking things so extreme? Showing you care about someone isn't making grand gestures." She smiled up at him "It's about the small more intimate moments."

She pointed to the paper, "Look at the first place winner here." The page contained a picture of another young couple, but this time they were right in the middle of the proposal. The man was down on one knee, sliding the ring on the woman's finger. "He is proposing to her in front of the entire quidditch stadium. Right after he won the game, he flew over to her and ask her to marry him." She snorted for the third time that day and turned the paper back in front of her.

"I mean what would he have done if he lost?" she asked with a laugh, as she turned to the quidditch section. Harry didn't respond. His mind working furiously, contemplating her earlier comment about intimate moments.

'She's right,' He thought. Subconsciously his hand went into the pocket of his jeans, his finger lightly stroking the small velvet box had been holding for so long now. What did it matter if someone took you once to Paris? When wasn't it much better to have breakfast every morning with the person you loved? Sure, some people might be interested in the attention and extraviencey of it all, but it was like Ginny said "nothing wrong with being simple."

That settled it for him. Slowly he removed the extra weight from his pocket and placed it on the table. He didn't say anything, instead he just stared at her. Taking in the sight of her, as she perused her opponents scores and highlights.

Her hair was slightly mussed from sleep, having not gotten ready for the day, like he had. She wasn't wearing a fancy dress like the woman in Paris. She was just wearing one of his old auror training shirts and a pair of cotton pants, but to Harry she looked perfect. She was simply Ginny.

Ginny placed her paper, back down on the table, picking up her final piece of toast. She took a bite not paying attention to anything in particular. He on the other hand couldn't stop looking at her. Her freckles, her hair, just her.

Suddenly Ginny's eyes went wide, her toast freezing half way to her mouth. Harry looked away from her hair to see her eyes had landed on the box.

While slowly placing her toast back down onto her plate, Ginny spoke, "Harry what is that?" She used her free hand to gesture over to the box.

He let his eyes drop to where she pointed. Shrugging nonchalantly he said, "Your ring."

If he had though her eyes were wide before, she proved him wrong, as they grew to the size of her plate. Her voice was confused when she asked, "My ring?"

He nodded, "Yeah." He pushed the box across the table. It moved smoothly, sliding right in front of her. Gingerly she touched the top of the box. In a quick motion she flicked to the top up, revealing the diamond and emeralds. Ginny let a out a small breath from her nose. She examined the ring without removing it from its holder, she just stared at it.

The irrational side of Harry's brain decided to make a reappearance, 'what if she isn't talking because she doesn't know what it means? What if she knows what it means and doesn't want to marry you?'

"I – I mean," Harry started to stumble out. He wanted to explain himself.” Only if –" Ginny held up a hand, cutting him off.

She took another minute, watching the ring like she thought it was gonna do a trick. Then finally, after what felt like an eternity to Harry, she lifted her gaze to his. Her eyes showed many emotions: surprised, love, happiness, and a subtle look of impression.

"Harry Potter," Her voice was soft as she continued to look him in the eye. "I never thought I would see the day you would be so suave."

Harry couldn't resist the laugh that came out of him. She hadn't said no, which to him was a good sign."Well it was bound to happen one day."

Her face lit up as she laughed with him. She took the ring out of the box, admiring the band and stones. Ginny beamed at him as she looked at him over the ring. "You have good taste Potter. Simple but beautiful."

"So does that mean..." He swallowed. "That's a yes?"

Ginny leaned across the table and smacked him on the arm. "Of course it's a yes, you git. I haven't wasted the last four years, just to say no when you propose."

Harry jumped out of his chair and hurried over to Ginny's side, pulling her onto her feet. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly to his chest. She pressed her face into his chest.

His mind was unable to make any coherent thoughts other that, 'She said yes.'

They remained in each other's arms, basking the afterglow of excitement. Eventually Ginny pulled herself slight back, just far enough so she could look into his face.

"Well Mr.Potter, I think we need to celebrate." She said huskily, as she moved her left hand to placed it on his cheek. "Have any ideas?"

He paused, to look as if he was considering her, "Well," He let his voice drawl trying to sound as if he was bored. "We could go and visit Ron and Hermione."

He made a move, as if to back away from her, but she grabbed the back of his head pulling his face close to hers.

"I was thinking," she whispered sultry. "about something that doesn't include my brother."

"Well, why didn't you just say so?" Harry’s tone matched hers, closing the small distance between them with his lips.
Reviews 24
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear