Search:

SIYE Time:9:05 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Photograph
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 23
Summary: AU. Harry hated Ministry balls and functions. He never wanted to attend any of them, and this one was no different. With another twenty eight minutes till he could escape, the time was seeming to drag. Until he met a witty and charming red head.
Hitcount: Story Total: 22147; Chapter Total: 3733
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
First order of business is to thank the wonderful Arnel for being an amazing beta. Second, and final, is to say thank you to everyone that has enjoyed the story.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


If someone had told Harry five years ago, that he would be celebrating his birthday with a family of red heads and their significant others, he wouldn’t have believed it. It was hard enough for him to believe that he had been married to the beautiful Ginny Weasley for three years, but the fact that her family treated him as one of their own was just icing on the cake. As it was, George claimed Harry was Molly’s favorite son. Whenever Molly heard this she would ruffle Harry’s already messy hair and say, “My favorite blacked-haired son.”

Currently, he sat with Ron and George each drinking a glass of Ogden's Old Firewhisky . They had just enjoyed a wonderful meal cooked by Molly. Now they were letting their stomachs settle before cake. They watched gnomes run on the far side of the fence, as the sun sank past the fields in the distance.

“So, has your birthday been good so far, mate?” Ron asked as he took a pull from his glass

Harry reflected on his morning. Ginny had woken him up in a most pleasurable way, then the two of them had spent the day together. They had gone to a lunch time Quidditch match, Appleby Arrows verse Caerphilly Catapults. The Arrows had won by a landslide, but Harry had just enjoyed his time with his wife.

“Yeah,” Harry concluded, “it has been nice just to spend the day with Ginny.”

George nodded his head wisely. “I can bet. She’s always busy with the Harpies now the playoffs are looming.”

Harry smiled with pride. His wife was a part of another playoff run. She had led the team in goals this season and had been offered a place on the English squad next month for the world cup. “Yes, she is. Has she told you about the English team?”

Ron and George’s eyes both grew wide. “No way!” they said together.

Nodding Harry said, “Yeah, but oddly she hasn’t given them an answer. She says she just needs to think about it. Personally, I don’t know what there is to think about.”

George shot a glance over his shoulder to where his wife and sister were talking. Angelina’s stomach was protruding out further than normal, due to her being five months pregnant. Since the announcement of his son, George had been rather sentimental. Harry understood why, since his twin had died seven years ago, he had felt out of place. Harry understood the feeling after losing Sirius in the same battle. About a year after Harry started dating Ginny, he, George, and Ron had gone out for a pint. George had brought up the topic of Fred, and had discovered Harry had been though a similar tragedy. They had really bonded since then. After George had married Angelina he had recovered more, but now he was having a son. George was overjoyed with his life.

“Well,” the shop proprietor said slowly, “wouldn’t she have to go away for three months? Don’t they make the players training have no outside contact.”

Harry nodded his agreeance. “She would, but I mean we’ve been apart for longer and we made that work.” It was a running joke with Ginny’s family that the first year of her dating him they had been apart for half of it. They like to say that they missed all the awkward fights that happen in the first year. To be fair, he and Ginny had those fights later in the relationship, both being passionate people, but it hadn’t mattered. They knew they wanted to be together so they worked through any issues that arose.

George shook his head. “I wouldn’t want to be apart from Angie for that long, no matter the circumstances. I wouldn’t think you would want to be apart from Ginny for that long?” His eyes bore into Harry’s.

“I don’t want to be apart from her, but this is such a great opportunity for her.”

Ron pointed the top of his bottle at Harry. “I get you mate. Hermione is the same way. She gets all these chances to do wicked things, but it means I’m left behind.” Ron had started dating Harry’s friend, Hermione, two years ago, when they had met at Harry and Ginny’s wedding. At first it seemed as if they hated each other. It had turned out it was all sexual tension.

Harry was about to ask how things were between him and his best female friend, when Molly yelled across the lawn, claiming it was time for cake, then presents. The three moved over towards the table set out on the grass and settled in chairs next to their significant others, who were waiting impatiently for them.

The large family sat eating cake and discussing pointless topics. Ron was on his third piece when Molly waved her wand, causing a large pile of presents to appear on the table in front of Harry. “This really wasn’t necessary,” Harry protested gesturing towards the gifts.

Molly waved off his concerns. “You’re family, Harry dear.”

Ginny flicked her husband’s bicep. “Yeah, you’re just going to have to toughen up and accept that everyone loves you here.”

No matter how many times the Weasleys said it, he was touched. After Sirius died, Harry never thought he would have a family who loved him. Sure, he always hoped he would find a woman and have a family with her, but this was more. He now had such a large heartwarming family.

“Thanks,” Harry said bashfully.

“Well,” Ron demanded through his mouthful of cake, “start opening them.”

Harry did as he was told. He received a large stack of defensive Dark Arts books from Bill and Fleur. Molly and Arthur gave him a recipe book, knowing how much he loved to cook for Ginny. Percy and his wife, Audrey, bought him a handsome black robe that would be perfect for work. George had filled his box with products from his “Dark Defenders” line from his shop. Ron and Hermione had given him one ticket to see Puddlemere United against the Chudley Cannons three weeks from then.

“I have the other ticket,” Ron claimed excitedly, cake bits flying.

George reached around his wife to give his brother a small slap in the arm. “Merlin, Ron. It’s been five years and you’re still trying to get a date with the bloke? He’s been married to our sister for three years now, don’t you think it’s time to move on.”

Everyone around the table gave an appreciative chuckle. Whenever Ron brought up the idea of going out anywhere with Harry, George was there to tease him. Now, even five years later, it was still one of George’s favorite things to take the mickey out of Ron for.

“Sounds great, mate,” Harry said appreciatively, effectively removing Ron’s scowl.

The rest of the night went off without a hitch. The group stayed in the garden till night had completely fallen. Then in pairs, they separated, going back to their homes. As George led Angelina to the fire to use the Floo, he suddenly turned to look at Harry and Ginny. “Hey, Gin?”

Ginny turned to look at his brother, keeping Harry’s arm around her shoulder. “What?”

“I just thought, I didn’t see your gift to Harry.”

Ginny shot her brother a wicked smile. “Oh, that. I figured I would give it to him at home.”

George took in his sister’s expression and laughed. “Oh, I’m sure you will,” he drawled.

Ron, who had been snagging a final piece of cake, flinched and dropped the cake back onto the counter. “Ew, George. I don’t wanna think about that.”

Both George and Ginny laughed at their brother’s distress. George gave a final wave and followed behind his wife into the Floo. Ginny and Harry went after, arriving in their sitting room. Harry always loved walking into this room. He and Ginny had made it cozy. The fireplace was surrounded by a large couch and squashy armchairs. Small tables stood in strategic places about the room, covered by books and scrap pieces of parchment.

Harry’s favorite part of the room, well, really the entire house, was the photographs that lined the back wall. They had set them in order of occurrence. On the far left was a copy of the photo from the Christmas market, where the Muggle photographer took their picture. Then, there was the first time Harry had met all the Weasleys. George had insisted on taking a picture with the famous Harry Potter as a joke, but then everyone wanted to be in the photo. Following that frame was the day Harry proposed to Ginny. He had taken her back to the same Christmas market where their first photograph had been taken. He had chosen the same spot where that image had been take. It had been the first place where he knew he was in love with her. He had asked a photographer to come and take a photo when he asked her. The last photo was of them on their wedding day. They were dancing, the only ones on the dance floor. Even in the photograph it was obvious they were in their own little world, not a thought towards the crowds watching them.

Ginny grabbed his hand and led him towards their favorite armchair. They loved to sit in it, let the fire roar around them and just sit in each other’s arms. Ginny pushed Harry to sit first, then she sat on his lap.

“So,” she asked, placing a loving kiss on his lips, “did you enjoy your birthday?” Harry nodded. He moved to deepen her actions, but she pulled back slightly. “I still need to give your gift.”

Harry wriggled his eye brows. “I know what I want for my present. Can I show you?” He started to press hot kisses along her neck. She gave a little moan, but quickly brought his face back up to her level. She pressed her forehead to his

“In a moment, love,” Ginny said huskily. She drew her wand and casted a silent Summoning Spell. A flat rectangular package floated into her waiting hand. She handed it to him. It was wrapped in moving Snitch paper.

“You really didn’t have to get me anything, Gin,” Harry claimed halfheartedly. After what Molly had said at his party that night, he figured there wouldn’t be a point of really arguing. He was right, because Ginny just rolled her eyes at him and waved at him to open his present.

Harry peeled off the paper, revealing an empty wooden picture frame painted forest green. He looked up at Ginny slightly confused. She was looking at him with apprehension and excitement. He turned his attention back to the frame. He noticed words written at the top in white, ‘Baby’s First Photo”. It took him a solid ten seconds for it to sink in, then he looked back at his wife.

“Baby’s first…” Harry felt in a daze. Ginny nodded at him, giving him the time to process. Then, as if the Knight Bus had run straight into him, it all hit him. Harry beamed with joy. “We’re having a baby?” His voice was hoarse but filled with emotion.

Ginny smiled back at him. “I’m about eight weeks along, but I figured when the little tyke gets here we could hang the picture on the wall there.” She pointed Harry’s favorite part of the house. “I’m guessing from that grin, you’re happy about this?” Her voice was sarcastic, but filled with love.

“Happy?” Harry asked, still unable to retain his emotions, “I could cast the brightest Patronus right now!” He kissed her. He placed all his love and affection into his actions. The desire to show her just how much he loved her had taken him full force.

Eventually he pulled back. “Is that why you haven’t said yes to England?” Harry questioned.

She nodded. “I needed to see a healer and check whether it would be safe for the baby. By the time the cup starts I will already be four months along. They recommend that I do not play once I’m past nine weeks, so I’m going to have to pass.”

“Are you okay with that?” Harry shot her a worried glance. He knew how much she wanted to be called for the English squad, now she received the chance but she couldn’t take it. Would she resent the baby for that?

Ginny blasted that notion away quickly. She smiled at him and pressed a slow and sweet kiss to his lips. “I couldn’t be happier.” She sent him a hard, blazing look that turned his insides into jelly. “I can’t wait to meet this little one.” She took his hand and placed it on her still toned abdomen. Harry could imagine it though, her with a baby bump. Him having to lean around their unborn child to give her a quick kiss.

“I hope she has your hair,” Harry whispered, rubbing her stomach.

Ginny raised an eye brow. “What makes you think our baby is a girl? I bet you we’re having a boy.”

“Why do you think that?”

She gave a little laugh, and pressed a kiss to his cheek. “The ratio of male to female Weasleys is kind of stacked in the male favor. Personally, I hope he has your eyes.” She took the frame out of his hand and placed it a top of one of the tables. “But for now,” her eyes glinted mischievously. “I want to give you your other birthday present.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him out of his seat and led him to their bedroom.

If someone had told Harry seven years ago that his twenty-fourth birthday would be the best day of his life, he would have scoffed at them. He had just lost his only family member and had planned to throw himself into his job. Now he was married to the most incredible woman, who was pregnant with their first child. His first child. He never wanted to let go of this feeling, this feeling of overwhelming love and happiness.

It was as if love had mended his soul. He had been so lost after Sirius, but loving Ginny had made him whole. This life, it was where he wanted to be for the rest of his life. It was the only thing he knew. He wished he could freeze everything and put it into a photograph, just like the ones hanging on the wall. Time would be frozen still, nothing bad would ever happen to them. It would just be him and Ginny and their future family. Life would be prefect. Though, as his amazing wife pushed him onto their bed and snuggled her body over his, his life felt incredible. He wanted to keep making memories with her, with their children, for the rest of his life.
Reviews 23
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear