Search:

SIYE Time:8:26 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Only the Best
By Celtics534

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance
Warnings: Death, Disturbing Imagery, Extreme Language, Intimate Sexual Situations, Mild Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Sexual Situations, Spouse/Adult/Child Abuse, Violence, Violence/Physical Abuse
Story is Complete
Rating: R
Reviews: 82
Summary: Metropolitan Police Inspector Harry Potter was having an amazing twenty-four hours. He slept a full eight hours, had a good pint, and met the most incredible red-headed woman. Of course, that was all nulled by the dead woman lying in Whitehorse Road Park.
Hitcount: Story Total: 32772; Chapter Total: 2599
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
As always, this was edited by the incredible Arnel and amazing gryffindormischief!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“Thanks, Gin,” Ron muttered as he sat in the passenger seat of Ginny’s car. He placed a medium sized bag behind him in the backseat.

“No problem, Ron, but what happened?” Ginny asked as she merged back onto the street, heading towards her flat. Ron had called her at ten that morning, asking if he could stay with her for a while. It had been a month since their pub night, when Ginny had advised her brother to back away from his current relationship. Now here they were, him kicked out of his own flat, by his still overdramatic girlfriend.

“I may have brought up the idea of taking a break,” Ron claimed as he closed his eyes. He took a deep breath before continuing, “And Lavender may have assumed that meant I found another woman. I tried to explain to her I haven’t, but she wouldn’t listen. She just kept screaming, calling me a ‘cheating bastard’.”

Ginny started to tap her fingers against the steering wheel. If she knew Morse code she would be spelling out the word bitch, but unfortunately she didn’t, so she settled on the beat of the song Fuck You. Really, all Ginny wanted to do was tell Ron to run while he could. To get the hell out of there, but all his junk was at their flat and she doubted Lavender would let him grab his stuff.

“Okay, can’t say I’m surprised,” she admitted, “So, what do you want to do?”

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Ron turn to look at her. “I’m done,” he held up hands in defeat. “I just can’t deal with her anymore. I figured we could fix it… and clearly we fucked that up.”

“Well, you can stay on my couch till you find a place,” Ginny placed a hand on her brother’s knee in a show of support.

“Thanks, Ginny.”

They rode in silence, the radio gently crooning in the background. It took a little over an hour for them to get to her flat. They stopped at department store to grab some basics for Ron. Toothbrush, comb, more than two pairs of pants and trousers. The moment they walked into Ginny’s place, a smell of spices assaulted their senses.

“Did you make us lunch before you picked me up?” Ron asked as he set his bags down next to the door.

“No, I wouldn’t have left food out,” Ginny told her brother, rolling her eyes. Why would she have prepared lunch at ten? “Harry?” She called out.

Harry poked his head around the door jamb. “Hey,” his hair is more disheveled than usual. “I’ve made some chicken curry, you guys hungry?”

Ron had no issue getting over his initial shock of someone in his sister’s flat at the mention of food. He walked purposely towards the kitchen, patting Harry’s shoulder as he passed him. Ginny, however, waited a moment before going to grab a plate. She stopped in front of her boyfriend, leaning against the doorway.

“That was nice of you, Harry,” Ginny told Harry, giving a chaste kiss on the cheek. “I’m guessing you saw my note?”

Harry chuckled. “Yeah,” he made his voice go slightly higher, “Harry, Ron’s girlfriend is being a bitch again and I’m gonna go save him, see you later. G.” He looked over his shoulder. “I figured with Ron coming by, food was the best idea.”

Ginny nodded methodically. “Too true.” Harry offered her a hand, which she happily took, and together they joined her brother. Once everyone was situated Ginny decided to try to understand Ron’s strategy better. “So, Ron, what are you gonna do? How do you plan on getting your stuff back?”

Ron shrugged as he took another mouthful of chicken. “I don’t know, honestly,” he claimed around his food, spitting some onto Ginny’s clean table, making the woman in question glare. “Sorry,” Ron swallowed. “I mean, it’s not like she can hold onto my stuff, right? I own it…” he looked towards Harry. “Right?”

“If you paid for it, then yes, you are the rightful owner. Now, if you paid for it together then it becomes more complicated,” Harry took a sip of his water. “If you want, my mate Neville has a truck we could use to move things.”

Looking pleased, Ron nodded. “Yeah, that sounds alright, but where will I keep it all? It’s not that much, but I do have a wardrobe full of clothing and a few other things.”

Harry shrugged. “You can keep it at my flat if you want. I have an extra room I use as a study, of sort. If you want you can keep your clothing there. It might even be big enough to fit a camp bed.”

Both Weasleys looked at the inspector in surprise. “Really?” Ginny asked, placing her hand on top of Harry’s. “You would be okay with Ron staying with you for a while?”

Again, Harry shrugged. “Yeah, why not?”

Ron shared a glance with his sister. “Well, it’s just that, you haven’t known me for that long…”

Harry waved his hand dismissively. “Your Ginny’s brother, you can’t be that bad. I’ve met your mother, she wouldn’t let you be a complete slob.”

Ginny snorted. “You’d be surprised.”

Harry smiled at her. “Not to mention, I really don’t spend that much time there,” he shot Ron a sly look, then turned back to Ginny. “I must be there, what only one night a week, if that?” he asked innocently.

Ginny bit her lip, to avoid laughing. She chanced a glance at her brother, who to her astonishment, was not glaring at her boyfriend. No, he was nodding at Harry. “You would be alright with me staying there, by myself most of the time?” Ron asked, his voice much more level than Ginny would have predicted. Who was this and where was her brother?

Nodding, Harry reached into his pocket and grabbed a key ring. He went to a small silver one and spun it off. “I was gonna give this to Gin, but for now, it makes more sense if you have it,” Harry claimed as he handed Ron the key.

Ginny’s eyes went wide. Harry had gone out and made her a key for his flat. Damn he was ready to start taking some big steps, not that she was complaining. On the contrary, she was ecstatic. They had never talked about the future, but letting her brother stay at his place and making her a key…

“Would you want to stay here, Harry?” Ginny asked, making both men give her their full attention. “I mean, I can share my cupboard space.” Ron looked between his sister and her boyfriend, Harry, however, smiled at Ginny. “It’s like you said,” she clarified. “You’re here six out of seven nights of the week. Why not just make it seven?”

She held his eyes. Neither one turning away, admitting doubts. No, they were on the same page, they both could tell this might amount to more than just a few nights or weeks. “That works by me,” Harry spoke slowly, beaming at her. “I’ll text Neville and ask when we can borrow the truck.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Hey, Tonks,” Harry called as he walked passed his partner’s desk. She was clearly focusing hard on something, leaning forward, eyes moving rapidly back and forth. Harry backed up and looked to see what had drawn Tonks in.

Harry could see the email that had been sent to Katie, two months ago, open on her desktop. Next to it was an email, Harry had never seen. “What do you have there?” he asked.

Tonks didn’t look away from the screen, but she said, “Terry Boot just received an email from the same account as Katie.”

Harry’s pulse seemed to quicken. “What?”

“Yeah, that’s what I said, except add ‘the’ and ‘fuck’.”

“What does it say?” Harry asked, stealing a chair from another desk and wheeling it over to sit beside Tonks.

Tonks cleared her throat dramatically. “Good Morning, Terry. I hope you don’t mind such an informal greeting. I feel as if we already know each other… Actually we have met, but I doubt you remember. That’s fine. I’m not a very memorable person. Just your average Joe, really. Anyways, I hope we can meet again soon. Oh, and feel free to share this with all your little friends. I’ll be in touch with them soon enough.”
Harry stomach seemed to fall from a twenty-story building. “He’s fucking playing with us!” Harry’s rage burst from him like a faulty pipe. It had been three weeks since Katie had been found murdered. Harry and Tonks had been working tirelessly, trying to find any evidence that could amount to a lead, but clearly this madman was clever. There were no fingerprints left at Katie’s apartment. No cameras from the local area picked Katie up. The email user information had brought up a fake identity.

Despite the absence of any damning evidence, Harry and Tonks had not given up hope. They had gone back to the previous girls and searched through their emails. In the end they had discovered neither Cho or Susan had received any suspicious emails. Harry had also request to have the email address in question be opened to them. He and Tonks were still waiting for their appeal to be pushed through.

“I know,” Tonks agreed, rolling her neck around in a circle, light cracks being heard. “But what do you suggest? We still have no way to get this guy. Hell, we still have no idea what this guy really looks like, except for the ear thing.”

“Which he knows we know about, so he is most likely hiding it,” Harry interrupted, running a hand through his hair. “So that leaves us with practically nothing. Why hasn’t our request to see the entirety of his email gone through yet?”

“I don’t honestly know,” Tonks admitted, checking her own email for any updates. “Moody has been pushing for us, but oddly nothing has happened…” Tonks voice trailed off as she looked over her computer screen.

“Tonks?” Harry asked cautiously. It wasn’t often that Tonks zoned out, that was more his department.

“Harry,” Tonks whispered, as she turned to face him. “What if our guy has an inside man?”

“Like someone here in the department?” Harry couldn’t even fathom the idea. He trusted all these men and women. He had known most of them for years now. Meet their significant others and children. The idea that one of them was a mole…

“I don’t know,” Tonks bit her bottom lip, but her eyes were hard and determined. “It’s just odd how well informed this guy is… Not to mention how hard it seems for us to catch a break. Maybe someone in the station is — you know — working against us.”

Harry shook his head. “I don’t wanna think like that until we have proof… We can't start distrusting each other. We need to work as one.”

Tonks held up her hands in surrender. “I agree. It was just an idea.”

Harry looked over his shoulder. No one around the office seemed to be paying them any attention. “Let’s just go to Moody and see if this email can make our application process faster.”

They stood together and walked towards the staircase to the upper level, where the higher ups worked. As they moved, Harry couldn’t stop himself from thinking about Tonks’ suspicions. What if one of their own was in league with the killer?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry had never known the joys of living with someone until he spent the last week at Ginny’s. Sure, he had spent the night with people, and yeah, at the academy he had used the barracks, but this was different. There was no agenda between him and Ginny. They could spend the night watching Netflix, playing video games, or just sitting in each other’s company reading books. To be fair he typically did spend most nights at Ginny’s already, but there was always a small part of him that figured it was questionable. He had his flat and she had hers, but this last week had been different. They had taken to calling it “theirs”, something Harry loved. It had only been seven days, but they had been an amazing seven days.

Now on this Saturday afternoon, they took control of the sofa. Harry sitting up, his feet resting comfortably on the coffee table while Ginny used his lap as a pillow.

“What is the point of leaving the movie off there?” Ginny complained, sitting up, as the credits rolled. “I mean honestly, the book didn’t end there, so why should the movie.”

Harry laughed and pressed a chaste kiss to Ginny’s cheek. “It’s all about money, Gin. Apparently, it makes the world go round.”

Ginny huffed out her annoyance. “Yeah, well, now I need to wait another two years to see the conclusion.”

“But you already know how it ends,” Harry protested.

“Yeah, but I wanna see how they mess it up. I can’t think of a single movie that follows the book to the letter.”

Harry shrugged. “Directors want to make sure the movie isn’t too slow.”

Ginny flicked his nose in mock irritation. “Stop playing the devil’s advocate and just say I’m right,” Ginny deadpanned.

“Yes, dear.” Harry gave her a sarcastic salute.

Ginny laughed. “Good, now to make up for your indiscretion you should —“ Harry was unable to hear the end to Ginny’s request due to his phone, which was resting next to his feet, lighting up and playing the loud stock ringtone. Both he and Ginny looked over at it.

“Hold that thought,” Harry said as he grabbed the noise maker and slide the green bar. “Potter.”

“Wotcher, Harry,” Tonks voice came through the receiver. “How are you?”

“Hey, Tonks,” Harry said slowly. “What’s going on?”

“Oh, that’s good,” Tonks acted as if Harry had never spoken. “I’m personally out to go buy a couple avocados. I’ve been told it they can help make a mean salsa.”

Harry’s breath hitched. She used two of their code words. After Katie’s murder they decided to come up with some warning phrases for things such as “being followed” or “possible suspect”. This time it was the former.

“Oh, really?” Harry tried to keep his tone light. “Where do you tend to buy your avocados?”

“Oh, do you know of The People’s Supermarket? Down on Lamb’s Conduit Street?” Tonks’ voice remained calm and collect, which Harry had to admire. Sure they were trained to act a certain way, but that didn’t mean they could handle it when the situation arose. He quickly rose out of his seat and started putting on his trainers.

“Oh, yeah, I love that place,” Harry made a fake cheery laugh. Ginny’s eyes were watching him, confused and concerned. “You know what, I need to get some avocados too. Wanna meet up in about ten minutes?” He knew he was much further than ten minutes away, but if Tonks’ follower was listening he may get scared by the idea of another person arriving.

“Yeah, ten minutes sounds perfect,” Tonks claimed. “How about I wait for you in the front of the store. I know the clerk, so I’ll just chat with her for a while.”

“Wanna chat until you get there? I have a great new Ginny story for you,” Harry said, since he needed to keep the conversation going.

“Oh, I have a story for you. Remember Cole?” Tonks started to ramble. It was another technique they had come up with. If the person who was being followed was still feeling uneasy, they would tell a story. That way the stocker would think everything was normal, just friends talking. Harry quickly muted his side of the call, letting Tonks talk.

“Ginny, Tonks thinks that someone is following her. I’m going to head over to her.”

“Oh, shit!” Ginny exclaimed, getting off the couch. “Is she alright? Can I help? How are you going to get there in ten minutes?”

“I have to go grab my bike from my flat,” Harry explained as he seized his coat off the wall hook. Ginny’s head was cocked to the side, so he felt complied to explained. “it’s unmarked police motorbike, so I can move through traffic quickly.”

“Do you want me to text Ron and ask him to meet you halfway? I’m pretty sure he’s at the flat.” She had already pulled out her phone.

“No, the keys are in my pocket. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Harry closed the door behind him and immediately started sprinting down the corrid.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tonks had become accustomed to having people watch her over the years. She often dyed her hair crazy colors, she had been known to punch out grown men, and not to mention, her legs went on for days. This, however, was different. She had been returning home from the gym when the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. A chill ran down her spine and taking a quick glance behind her, as if checking out a shop window she had just passed, she saw a man staring at her.

He was about twenty feet away, his attention focused on her. Tonks had quickly turned her head back to look in front of her. The decision to call Harry was immediate. After what happened to Katie, she wasn’t taking any risks. She had chosen a shop that was two kilometers away to meet at, but she needed to really see if he was following her.

She remained on the main streets, mindlessly making small talk with Harry’s phone. He hadn’t spoken for a while, allowing her to seem busy to the people of London. Following a bend in the pavement, she stopped in the alcove of one of the shops that lined the way, waiting with bated breath.

The man walked by her, seemingly not noticing her. She waited. Two seconds… five seconds… at ten she peered around the alcove. The man in question had stopped walking and was staring into one of the windows farther up the street. From her sideways view, Tonks could see he was wearing sunglasses, which were unnecessary with the darkening sky. His dark hair was tied a long ponytail, but she turned her attention to the ear she could see. Large black headphones covered over the entirety of the ear, making it impossible for Tonks to see if the ear was whole.

The street around her continued to bustle, but she kept her well-trained eye on her suspect. Taking her phone, she snapped a few images, capturing the side profile. Just as she was about to leave her hiding spot, the man turned. He pulled his glasses down his nose, revealing, dark grey eyes. They seemed to be trying to penetrate her mind. Then he flashed a straight tooth grin and moved back into the busy street.

Tonks stayed frozen in place for two seconds, then tried to follow, but she had lost him in the crowd. Swearing under her breath, she started to follow the direction the perpetrator went, while returning to her call screen. “Harry, I’ve lost him. He’s making his way South down Lamb Conduit Street.”

The silence from Harry’s side was broken by howling wind. He must be on his bike, Tonks thought.

“Okay. I’m about two minutes from the shop. Did you ever get there?” Harry’s voice was muffled and full of static.

“No, I was able to duck out of the way,” Tonks explained as she moved down the street. “He walked by my alcove, but he stopped a little way in front of me. I was able to take a few pictures, but I wasn’t able to take one when he turned to look at me.”

“What did you see?”

“Grey eyes, black long hair, straight teeth, pale skin.” Tonks moved around a couple holding hands in the middle of the pavement, but she still couldn’t find the man. “I can’t find him, Harry. He disappeared. “

“Fuck! Okay, meet at the supermarket.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“The way he smiled at me…” Tonks hesitated, looking between Harry and Moody. “It’s like he knew who I was and was thrilled to see me.”

“That’s just fucking messed up,” Harry complained as he rested his chin on his hands. He had picked Tonks up at the supermarket and instantly taken her to Scotland Yard to get a sketch artist. It hadn’t taken Tonks long to get a basic drawing in place. As clumsy as she was, Tonks was great with faces. They now had a APW out on the sketch. Not to mention the side profile photos. “Why would this guy let you see his face? He’s been dodging cameras left, right, and center, but he lets you see him… It makes no sense.”

“I agree with Potter,” Moody said as he fiddled with the collar of his shirt. “Why would he want you to see him?”

“I don’t know,” Tonks groaned as she placed her cheek on the cool top of Moody’s desk.

“Do you think you’re his next target?” Harry asked cautiously. He didn’t like the idea, but he couldn’t think of many other reasons to why this guy was scoping Tonks out.

“If that’s the case, I need you to be on high alert, Tonks,” Moody claimed. “We believe Bell was taken from her flat directly, so I recommend finding somewhere else to stay for a while.”

“I can go stay with my mother, but she lives pretty far away… All the way up in Scotland.”

“I would offer my flat,” Harry said looking at his partner, “but Ginny’s brother is already staying there. I mean, maybe, you could stay with Ginny and I’ll just stay with Ron.”

“You’re living with Ginny?” Tonks demanded, “why wouldn’t you tell me something like that? I thought we were friends.” Tonks brought out her bottom lip, making Harry roll his eyes. She used humor to hide most things, but Harry could always tell.

“We’ve had more pressing issues,” Harry reminded her. “Besides it isn’t that big of a deal. I spent most nights with her before Ron started staying at my flat.”

“But this is an everyday thing?”

“Yeah, so?”

Tonks beamed at him. “Moody, look at little Harry here. He’s growing up so fast.”

“Stuff it,” Harry glared at the brightly-haired woman.

“Would you be alright if I stayed at your place with Ron?” Tonks asked. “I mean I’m no neat freak, but I don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink.”

“If you’re okay with it and Ron is fine with it…. Then, yeah. I have no issue with it.”

“Alright, check with Ron now. I can bring a camp bed over or something.”

“No need. Ron is staying in the spare room with a camp bed. You can have my bed. I’ll just give you some fresh sheets and you’ll be all set.” Harry pulled out his phone and started typing, sending a message to Ron.

“Perfect… so tell me about this Ron.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tonks had adjusted to sharing flats with people back at uni. She and three strangers had rented a place fifteen minutes from campus. However, sharing with Ron at her partner’s flat was a little bit odd, even for her.

Harry had set up a dinner at the flat, so they could meet each other comfortably, through their connecting link, Harry. Tonks had also invited Ginny, because she figured it would make sense for Ron’s sister to be there as well. Not to mention, she figured Harry would have invited her anyways, and she thought it would be hilarious to beat him to the punch.

The meal went swimmingly. It turned out both she and Ron enjoyed The Great British Bake Off, so they had that going for them. They discussed how much they loved to watch the puddings being made, but how badly they failed at baking themselves.

Harry and Ginny had left around nine, telling them that if they felt awkward they could always switch, but Tonks didn’t want to do that. As she observed the couple during dinner, she could tell how much they enjoyed being in each other’s company, but they seemed slightly off, as if they were having a silent fight. Tonks could still tell that they wanted to be with one another, but clearly there was something more going on with them.

Ron seemed to notice as well, but he said no comment. No, instead, he watched his sister walk out of her boyfriend’s flat, hand and hand with the man in question, a small smile gracing his lips.

“They’re good together,” Tonks said once the two of them were alone.

“Yeah, Harry is a decent bloke,” Ron admitted as he sat back on the couch, flicking on the television.

Tonks to the chair set diagonal to the screen. “You’re alright with them essentially living together?”

Ron shrugged. “Yeah, I mean, they basically were before. This way I’m able to stay here until I find a place.”

Tonks nodded knowingly. “And you think they’re good for each other.”

Ron smirked. “Not that I would ever tell them.”

“Of course not,” Tonks laughed. “We wouldn’t want them to be to content with themselves.”

“That’s right.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On the way back to Ginny’s flat, Harry resumed their conversation from before dinner. “I really think it would be for the best, Gin.”

Scoffing, Ginny kept her focus on the pavement in front of her. “Really, Harry? You think locking me up in my parents’ house is a good idea? Why in the name of Jesus Christ would I do that? I haven’t even been threatened.”

“Yet!” Harry persisted, “you haven’t been threatened yet. This guy is deranged, Gin! He threatened Oliver. Now he may have stalked Tonks… I may be his next target, which in turn means you.”

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Or you’ll catch him before he does anything else insane.”

Harry stopped dead in his tracks, grabbing her arm stopping her as well. He turned her to face him. She could see the panic present in his face. “You don’t know that,” his voice was deadly quiet. “I can’t let him harm you, Gin.”

Ginny had never witnessed Harry so frightened. Clearly this had been plaguing him, but her pride wouldn’t allow him to win. She was a grown woman, who shouldn’t be shipped off to her parents’ house off in middle of nowhere. It was the pleading look in his eyes that softened her, however. “Harry, I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t just go hide. I have a life here in London: a job, friends. Hell, I have a coupon for ice cream at Jimmy’s that expires next week.” She grabbed his hand and gave it a sharp squeeze. “Come on, let’s go back to the flat.”

They walked in silence for the remainder of their trip, which was only a few minutes, but it seemed to stretch for days to Ginny. Once they unlocked the front door, the couple immediately headed for the sofa, taking opposite sides, facing one another. Ginny had pulled her knees up to her chest, resting her chin on her kneecaps. She took a deep breath before speaking, “Harry, I understand what you’re saying. I really do, but it’s impractical.”

Harry shook his head, his hands carded through his messy tresses. “I don’t think it is. This guy has no qualms about hurting people. I’ve lost everyone I’ve ever cared about, Ginny,” his green eyes looking at her beseeching. “And I can’t —“ Harry voice ended as he choked up.

Ginny knew that talking about feelings was a challenge for Harry. He had explained that during his childhood, his abusive aunt and uncle had refused to truly care for him, making his understanding of love, family, and emotions rather twisted. For a child, exploring emotion and talking with loved ones is so vital, but instead Harry was shut in a small cupboard.

Then at the age of thirteen he had been reunited with his godfather, Sirius. Sirius had found him in one of the local parks, explained he was James’ best friend, bringing proof in the form of photos. Harry had told Ginny it had been the best few weeks of his life. Sirius would meet him every day at after two in the park and tell him stories of his parents, which until that point he hadn’t even known their names, Lily and James.

Sirius had explained that Lily and James had been murdered, unlike the story of the car crash his relatives claimed. Evidence had pointed towards Sirius, but really it had been Peter Pettigrew, another friend of James from school. Sirius claimed he had escaped prison to clear his name, but he wanted to meet his godson.

Thirteen-year-old Harry had been ecstatic. If Sirius cleared his name he could adopt him, help him escape from the Dursleys. Then one night, uncle Vernon had a little too much to drink, he had started to beat Harry, calling him a pathetic waste of space, unwanted, everything no child should hear. Sirius had been nearby and heard Harry scream. He had rushed into the house, violently throwing Vernon off his godson. Aunt Petunia had called the police, claiming everything was Sirius’ fault. Harry had watched in horror as his only connection to his parents disappeared in the back of a squad car. Two years later, Harry received a letter informing him his godfather had passed away in prison. There hadn’t even been a chance for Harry to say goodbye.

At the age of eighteen he received the will of his parents and Sirius. He had been left a substantial amount of money by both parties, but Sirius had also left Harry his motorbike. Harry had never told anyone that story before, which touched Ginny. She was more than happy to hold him as grieved for the family he never had the chance to really know, allowing him to feel close to someone.

Death was a common thing for Harry Potter, but it took a heavy toll on him, and if it was someone he loved, it cut him deeper than most, his guilt complex making him blame himself. Still, she couldn’t do it. She wouldn’t live her life in fear until the killer was caught. Hell, she didn’t even know if this guy knew about her.

She scooted up the couch, kneeling right in front of Harry. “Love,” Ginny kept her voice calm and soft. She cupped his face in her hands. “I’ll be fine. What can we do to make you feel better?”

Harry’s eyes seemed to shut on their own accord as he took a deep breath. “You won’t go stay with your parents?” he gave it one last effort.

“No, Love.”

Harry’s head sagged down slightly, making his chin come closer to his chest. “Well, even after Ron leaves my flat… I would like to stay here with you. I want to make sure that you’re not grabbed in the middle of the night.”

Ginny moved her thumb under his chin, tilting his attention back up to her face, not the sofa cushions. “Alright,” she agreed easily. She had been thinking about it anyways. She had adored the last week together. “Anything else?”

Slowly, Harry opened his eyes, allowing the green to meet brown. “Would you be okay with a tracker being used with your phone?”

Tilting back slightly, Ginny took in the full form of her boyfriend. “Excuse me?”

“I would like to have your phone’s tracking information, so if you go somewhere that makes no sense, I would be able to get to you…” Harry’s voice was pleading, “I know it sounds extreme, but we believe this guy keeps his victim’s phone to text loved ones with. That way there is less suspicion.”

Honestly, Ginny wasn’t a huge fan of the idea. It felt like a breach in her privacy, but it would only be temporary. Not to mention, if it brought Harry a little peace of mind it would be worth it. “Alright,” she consented, “but only until you find this guy.”

Harry nodded fervently. “Of course.” He held his arms out wide, clearly needing to be physically assured. Ginny moved into his arms, wrapping her own around his waist.

“It will be okay, Love,” Ginny muttered into Harry’s ear. She saw goosepimples rise on his arms, as he turned his head, pressing his lips to hers.

“I can’t lose you, Gin,” he whispered, his breath tickling the tip of her nose.

“You won’t,” Ginny connected their mouths again, moving her arms up his back, towards his neck. She scooted her backside backwards, then tilted their bodies down, so she was laying on her back. Harry above her. She pressed feverish kisses along his jaw and down his neck, stopping in strategic places to give more attention.

Harry’s body pressed into hers as he focused on that spot right near her ear. Ginny moved her hands down to the hem of his shirt, allowing their bodies to separate slightly as she pulled it over his head. As soon as he was free from his confines, Harry helped her free herself as well. His lips made their way down her body, starting at her neck down to just above the waist of her jeans. No words were needed between the two of them, as actions really did seem to speak louder.
Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear