Search:

SIYE Time:9:04 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Dancing in the Moonlight
By Eris

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 11
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2003 ***

Harry breaks Ginny's heart and Colin comes up with a plan to convince Harry that he is in love with Ginny.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3482







ChapterPrinter


Author’s Note: I don’t own Harry Potter`````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````



He broke her heart and the sad thing about it was that hehad no clue he had just done it. Withthree simple words he broke her heart into a trillion little pieces.“She said yes!yes"> Can you believe it Ginny? Cho said yes! Cho and I aregoing to the Yule Ball!” Harry shouted running into the Gryffindor common room. Ginny forced a smile on her face as she ran over to Harryand gave him a huge hug. “That’swonderful Harry. See I told you thatall you had to do was ask her and that she would say yes.”


“I know, but I couldn’t have done it without you Gin,” Harry replied happily returning the hug. “Iowe you so much you know that.”


“Think nothing of it Harry. I am just glad to see you smile for the first time in a long while.”


Harry nodded and sighed. Knowing that she was referring to the fact that he had hardly had anyjoy in his life since his Godfather Sirius had died last year. His eyes almost bulged out of his headwhen he spotted the clock in the common room. “I’ve got to go Ginny. It’s almost time for Qudditch Practice. I’ll see you when I am done and you can help me figure out what to get Cho forChristmas, okay?”

Ginny nodded, as Harry pulled away and rushed upstairs.style="mso-spacerun: yes"> A few minutes later he appeared again with his gear and hurried out the portrait hole. As soon as he was gone Ginny dropped down onto the couch she had been formerly sitting on and began sobbing. “Ginny? What’s wrong?” a voice asked suddenly.

Ginny looked up from her crying to see her best friend Colin Creevey standing in front of her. “I just saw Harry run out of here with the biggest grin on his face. I thought that he actually gathered the courage to ask you to the Yule Ball.”

“He didn’t ask me to the Ball. He asked Cho,” Ginny replied mournfully.

“He asked Cho Chang? The girl who he dumped last year?” Colin asked sitting beside Ginny on the couch.

Ginny nodded sadly as Colin wrapped his arms around her to comfort her. “Apparently he wanted to try and get back with her.”

~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~

Ginny sat in the common room late two nights before.style="mso-spacerun: yes"> She was struggling to finish her homeworkfor Care for Magical Creatures. Hagrid had asked for one parchment long paper on any magical creature of their choosing. Ginny had chosen Blue Nurfs, thinking that they would be an easy topic. But to her surprise there was very little information on the creatures.

She had been so absorbed in looking up information on the creatures that she didn’t notice Harry come into the common room until he plopped down on the couch beside her. Ginny let out a scream as Harry placed his hand on her shoulder to get her attention. “Whoa! It’s only me Ginny.” Harry said trying to calm Ginny down.

“Merlin Harry! Youscared me to death! Don’t sneak up onpeople like that,” Ginny replied.

Harry looked sheepish. “Sorry but I did call your name twice. You didn’t seam to hear it.”

“It’s all right. What are you doing here anyway? You are usually only up this late if you have had a nightmare.”

Harry shook his head. “No, I haven’t had a nightmare. I just have a lot on my mind.”

“Sometimes it helps to talk it out. Makes things clearer from time to time.”

Harry looked at Ginny for a moment. Ginny was sure to be the easiest person to tell. Ron and Hermione had been givinghim strange looks every time he mentioned the subject. Like they were expecting him to admitsomething. “Okay. See there is this girl that I like…”

Ginny could feel her heart began to race.style="mso-spacerun: yes"> It was no secret to most people that Ginny had not lost her crush on Harry even though she dated both Michel and Dean last year. In fact it had gotten much stronger since both she and Harry had become friends. Ginny urged him to continue hoping that the girl would be her.

“And I was wondering if I should ask her out.style="mso-spacerun: yes"> See at first we really didn’t get along goodbut now I would consider us friends. This is why I am not sure if I should ask her out or not.”

“The only thing that I can tell you to do Harry is to follow your heart. If it tells you to go for it then go for it. The worst thing that could happen is that she could say no.”

“You are right Gin. The only thing I can do is go for it. Thanks. I’ll ask her tomorrow.”

~~~End Flashback~~~

“And you thought that girl was going to be you didn’t you?” Colin asked.

Ginny nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes “We were so close since this summer when we first became friends. I thought that he felt similar to what I did. But Iguess I was wrong.”

Colin sighed and tightened his hug on Ginny. Part of him wanted to go outside and knock Harry’s front teeth out of his mouth and the other part wanted to hex Harryinto next week. But Colin knew that Ginny needed him right now. It was then that an idea formed in his head. A rather tricky little plan that would pay Harry back and maybe get the prat to see that he did have feelings for Ginny. “Ginny?” Colin asked.

“Hum?”

“Would you go to the Yule Ball with me?”

Ginny instantly pulled away from Colin.“What? But Colin…what about Stefan Worthington?" I thought that you had a crush on him.”yes">

Colin nodded. “I do,but I thought that you might like to take a little revenge on Mr. Potter.style "You are the only person besides my parents and my bother Dennis who knows I don’t fancy girls. And according to many of the girls that I have become Devishlyhandsome,” Colin said this with his best Gildaroy Lockhart impersonation.

Ginny broke into laughter about the last line. “No Colin. It’s okay. I am not going to stand in your way of hooking up with your man.”

Colin smiled at Ginny. “You are my best friend Ginny. You are far more important to me than any guy is. So what do you say? Will you be my date for the Yule Ball? I promise that I will be a perfect gentleman and I will pay for everything.”

“Oh all right. I’llgo with you.”

“Great! I’ll takeyou to Hogsmead tomorrow and we’ll go shopping for new dress robes. Merlin knows that I need some and I am sure that you wouldn’t say no to a new pair yourself.”

“But I don’t…” Ginny tried to explain.



Colin held up his hand. “Don’t say it. I will buy them for you. Just think of it as your birthday and Christmas present for the next couple of years. Besides, we are going to have to knock Mr. Potter off his feet if we want him to realize that he has feelings for you.”

Ginny looked skeptical but reluctantly agreed. She hoped that what ever Colin was planningwould actually work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~“YOU WHAT!?” Ron roared after Qudditch practice as he and Harry walked back to the Gryffindor tower.

“I asked Cho to the Yule Ball.yes"> What’s wrong with that?” Harry asked not understanding why Ron was yelling at him.

“I thought that you didn’t like Cho anymore mate. Wasn’t she always crying and asking about Cedric? Almost like she was trying toreplace him with you?” Ron asked.

“Yeah, but that was last year.I didn’t give her time to move on. So I figured that I would try it again. You never know it could work out this time,” Harry replied with asmile.

“Or it could blow up in your face worse than last time,” Ron pointed out.

Harry sighed. “At least I asked out the girl that I like. You don’t even have the balls to ask Hermione.”

“Oy! Hermione isn’tjust the type of girl that you can ask out on the sper of the moment. She is an elegant woman that you have to show her how much you care for her before you can go into a relationship withher,” Ron replied.

Harry gave Ron a look and he sighed.style="mso-spacerun: yes"> “Okay you are right. I don’t have the balls to go up to her andsay ‘Hermione I have had a crush on you since second year. Would you do me the honor of going to the Yule Ball with me?’”

“If you said it to me, why can’t you say it to her?”

Ron sighed again. “She’s special Harry. I don’t want to muck it up by doing something wrong. I’m scared to ask her.”

“You better do it soon mate other wise someone else is going to get the same idea that you have,” Harry replied as Ron gave the password to the Fat Lady and they walked into the common room.

It was then that Harry notice Ginny and Colin sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace talking quietly. Harry felt a wave of jealously wash over him when he noticed how close Colin and Ginny were sitting. “Getting rather comfortable aren’t you to?” Ron joked when he spotted Ginny and Colin.

Ginny looked up at her brother and smiled. “Well, he’s my date for the Yule Ball.I have every right to get comfortable withhim.”

From the corner of her eye Ginny could see Harry’s face go dark before he stormed upstairs to his room. Ron gave Ginny a confused look before he too went upstairs. When they were both gone Colin burst into laughter. “Looks like my plan is goingto work better than I originally thought Ginny.yes"> Harry almost turned Slytherin green when he heard that I wastaking you to the Yule Ball.”

“If you say so Colin.” Ginny replied still not sure whyHarry was acting like he was.

`````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````

Well , that’s it for now. Sorry it’s so short. I will tryto make the next chapters longer. Please leave me a review so that I will know if you liked this story or not.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear