Search:

SIYE Time:21:45 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Power of Emotion
By melindaleo

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Fluff, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 1023
Summary: As Harry struggles to come to terms with the events of his 5th year, can he learn to depend on those he calls family and become what he needs to be in order to survive? Can a certain sister of a friend show him there are still things worth fighting for?
Hitcount: Story Total: 208486; Chapter Total: 8832







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Disclaimer: I own nothing, it all belongs to J.K.Rowling. I’m just borrowing the characters to play with for a while. This is for pleasure only, no profit is being made and no copyright infringement is intended. The Chapter title belongs to Simon and Garfunkel. I’ve always liked that song and imagine it’s how Harry feels going back to Hogwarts.


Chapter Thirty-one

Easte r Hols



March gradually turned into April and the colors of Spring spread over the hillside. The grass slowly became greener and crocuses and daffodils began to bloom across the grounds. Although there was still a nip in the air, the sun was higher and hinting at warmer days to come.

Harry was outside one early morning after his customary run, practicing some Tai Chi exercises. Mr. Taylor had begun teaching him shortly after his arrival and Harry now practiced it willingly on his own. At first, he thought he looked ridiculous attempting the fluid, graceful movements Mr. Taylor demonstrated, but soon learned the relaxation and meditative qualities of Tai Chi helped enormously with his Occlumency.

His scar still twinged painfully at times, but he managed to successfully block any further visions. The only time Voldemort had broken through in the past several months was during the dream about Ginny. It was after that dream Mr. Taylor had begun focusing more intensely on the Tai Chi, and so far, it seemed to be working.

So intent was he in his meditation, he hadn’t noticed the Headmaster approach and quietly sit down to observe his movements.

"You make that look very easy, Harry," he finally spoke.

Harry opened his eyes, surprised to find him there. "Good Morning, sir."

"Good Morning to you! I see Jonathan has converted you into a Tai Chi supporter. He has tried for years to instill it as part of the training for Aurors and Unspeakables."

Harry didn’t know that. "It helps with the Occlumency."

"Ah, yes. That is just what I am here to speak with you about. I understand you have blocked him out here at Hogwarts. We need to see how successful you are at blocking him outside the wards."

"Are we going into Hogsmeade?" Harry asked curiously. He hadn’t been back there since the Dementor attack in November.

"No. My concern is for your summer holidays and what will happen on an extended leave. I have arranged for you to return to Grimmauld Place over the Easter break so we can monitor your ability to hold the shield. I know you had some trouble at Christmas, but the circumstances were extenuating and you have come a long way since then. Remus is also very anxious to see you. I am hoping you will be able to manage to block Voldemort completely while you are there."

Harry nodded, feeling confident he’d be able to do it this time. The idea of seeing Remus after so long was a huge inspiration and Harry would go right now if Dumbledore offered. "I want to see Moony too. I’ve spoken with him a few times, but he still seems rather weak."

"I know you do, Harry. From what they tell me, his progress is right on target and nothing for you to worry about. What we do need to consider, however, is what will happen over the summer."

"The summer?"

"The wards at Privet Drive have been strengthened since Christmas. Bill Weasley has even added some new ones. Although the Death Eaters caused a hefty amount of damage, despite their best efforts, they never got through the wards."

"So I’ll be returning to Privet Drive." Harry said glumly.

"You are aware of the need to stay with your Aunt, however that doesn’t necessarily mean Privet Drive."

"What?" Harry was confused, certainly his aunt would never agree to leave Privet Drive for him.

"Harry, with everything that happened after the Burrow was attacked, we never really discussed the Dursleys visit. Molly Weasley has been very vocal with her opposition of sending you back there."

Harry’s spine stiffened and all the relaxation he had been feeling suddenly dissolved instantaneously. This was not a conversation he wanted to have with his Headmaster. "Aunt Petunia will never agree to leave Privet Drive, not for me anyway."

Dumbledore’s face bore a pained expression. "I am aware of that. Perhaps, she will concede if it is her own, or Dudley’s safety she need consider. I believe you have been keeping quiet about more than even I suspected, Harry. Regardless, even if they will not consent to leaving Privet Drive for a few weeks this summer, there will be some changes made. I have always done my best not to interfere with their lives; however, there is a limit to what I will tolerate. If you are to return to Privet Drive, you will not be returning alone. An Order member will accompany you."

"They’ll never agree to that."

"Let us cross that bridge when we come to it, shall we? First things first, and our first order of business is to test your Occlumency shield. Bring Ron, Hermione, and Ginny to my office after the Hogwart’s Express departs and I’ll have a Portkey waiting."

Harry nodded; immensely relieved Dumbledore was not going to press him further. "I’ll do that, sir. Thank you."

"How is your training with Jonathan coming along? I can see you’ve mastered Tai Chi and if my understanding is correct, your Fencing skills have greatly improved as well."

Harry’s cheeks tinged red as he thought of his dueling success. "It’s going well, sir. I’ve learned a lot from him, more than I ever suspected I would when I first met him."

Dumbledore smiled a mysterious smile. "Ah, yes. Appearances can be deceiving, Harry. Best to never make sole judgements only upon what you see."

On that note, Professor Dumbledore strode back up to the castle leaving a very confused Harry staring after him. He picked up his towel and wrapped it around his neck and returned to the castle as well. Ron always told him the password to the Prefect’s Bathroom so he could use it after his morning runs. He headed up that way now to take a shower before classes began.

He entered the Prefects bathroom and was pleased to find it empty. He stripped down and turned on the water in the shower, luxuriating in the hefty force of the hot water. He washed off the sweat and tension of the morning and scrubbed his hair clean. As he was getting his clothes on, he was startled by a voice behind him.

"You’ve certainly grown up a bit since the TriWizard Tournament."

Harry spun around to find Moaning Myrtle hovering above the sinks with a look in her eye that Harry definitely didn’t like. "Myrtle! Still spying on the Prefects, huh?"

"It’s not like I have much else to do," she said glumly.

Harry didn’t know what to say to that. "Can I ask you something, Myrtle?"

"If you want. It’s not like you pay much attention to me anymore, not since you started running around with that little red haired girl," she sighed morosely.

"You’ve seen me with Ginny?"

"Just because you don’t notice me, doesn’t mean I don’t notice you," Myrtle wailed. Harry was dismayed to see her lower lip starting to tremble.

"Sorry."

"What is it you wanted to ask me?"

Harry licked his suddenly dry lips. "What…What happens when you die?" he whispered.

"Well isn’t that just so insensitive!" Myrtle howled. "You haven’t come to visit me all year and when I do finally see you, you have to go and remind me that I’m dead!" She continued to wail as she disappeared into the drainpipe.

Harry stood there for a moment in stunned silence before shaking his head and heading for the Great Hall.

*******
His first class that morning was Defense Against the Dark Arts and he walked with Ron and Hermione towards the classroom. They were outside in the hallway when they walked right into Draco Malfoy, who was headed in the other direction with Crabbe and Goyle. Harry groaned inwardly, this wasn’t shaping up to be his day!

Malfoy’s sneer was in place before he was even close enough to start speaking. "So, if it isn’t the infamous trio. Tell me, is there anything you don’t all do together?" The lewd insinuation in his voice causing Ron’s muscles to tense and he leaned forward. Hermione, instinctively knowing what he was going to do, had already stepped in front of him.

"Excuse us, but this is our classroom," she stated, trying to push past him and into the room.

"Not so fast," Malfoy drawled, placing his arm across the doorway and blocking her entrance. "DADA huh, Potter? Not that it’s going to help you."

"Still smarting after your stunning loss on the Quidditch pitch, Malfoy?" Harry asked sarcastically.

Both Crabbe and Goyle scowled at this and took a step closer in towards Harry. Malfoy moved to stand directly in front of him so they were nearly nose to nose. "Hope you enjoyed that game, Potter. More likely than not, it was the last one you’ll ever play."

"What do you mean by that?" questioned the sharp voice of Professor Trent, who had entered the hallway, no doubt hearing the confrontation happening outside her doorway.

"Nothing, Professor," Malfoy stepped back and answered smoothly. "Just a Quidditch discussion.

"It didn’t sound like a Quidditch discussion to me, Mr. Malfoy. It sounded like a threat and I won’t have it. Ten points from Slytherin! The bell has already sounded and you’re late for class, now move along!"

Harry enjoyed watching the slight pinkish color that stained Malfoy’s cheeks as he stalked away.

"Is there anything I need to know about?" Professor Trent questioned with concern.

"No!" Harry interrupted Hermione before she could say anything. "Everything is fine, Professor."

Professor Trent studied them all closely, Hermione in particular, who looked like she was nearly ready to burst, but held her tongue at Harry’s stern warning glare.

"Well come in then, we need to get class started," Professor Trent relented and they all entered the classroom.


That afternoon he was sitting in the Common Room with Ron and Hermione discussing the altercation in the hallway.
"Do you think he knows something?" Ron asked worriedly.

"I’m not sure," Hermione replied. "I mean, it’s really not a new kind of threat coming from him, is it?"

"I suppose not," Ron said, slightly unwilling to let it go.

"Professor Trent handled it properly, although I still think you should have told her what Malfoy said, Harry."

Harry didn’t respond, although he knew she was right. Trent did handle it well and took points from Malfoy. Snape would have taken them from him!

"Well, she may have taken points from the git, but she didn’t try all that hard to find out what the threat was all about."

"She did try, Ron! We were the ones who wouldn’t tell her anything! You are just so determined not to give her an ounce of credit, even when it’s unmistakably due!"

Harry could see this rapidly descending into one of their endless arguments over their DADA professor and was happy to see Ginny entering through the Portrait Hole. Making her way over to them, she plopped down next to Harry and pecked him on the cheek.

"How are you? I saw you on the grounds this morning doing your sexy meditation exercises and talking to Professor Dumbledore. What did he have to say?" she asked, her eyes twinkling merrily.

Harry blushed and glanced apprehensively at Ron, who was smirking and looking expectantly back at Harry. He always expected Ron to be furious at Ginny’s flirtatious behavior, but Ron usually seemed to get more enjoyment from Harry’s panicked discomfort than anything Ginny said to him.

"He told me to let you know that we’re all going back to Grimmauld Place over the holiday. Keep that quiet though, we’ll take a Portkey after the Hogwarts Express departs."

"You’ll get to see Remus!" Ginny exclaimed happily for him.

"I know. He’s anxious to hear how we’re doing."

Ginny took his hand and gave it a squeeze as Hermione said, "We don’t usually go back over Easter? Is there a reason for it this time, or just to see Remus?"

Harry felt a little stung. It wasn’t just to see Moony, but that would be enough for him. "Well, Dumbledore wants to test my Occlumency shield while I’m out of the castle for a while, so he can see how things will work over the summer."

"Oh, are you going to be spending the summer at Grimmauld Place?" Hermione asked eagerly.

"I don’t think so. It’s still up in the air right now, depending on what Aunt Petunia will agree to."

"What do you mean," asked Ginny.

"I have to stay with Aunt Petunia, for a few weeks anyway. Dumbledore is going to try and convince her to go somewhere else, he didn’t say where. She’ll never agree to it though, so my guess is it’ll be back to Privet Drive."

"You can’t be serious!" Hermione nearly screeched.

Harry merely shrugged. "I’ll be seventeen this summer. After that, Dumbledore can’t tell me where to go anymore if I don’t want to listen."

"Why do you have to stay with your Aunt Petunia?" Ron asked. "I know Mum gave Dumbledore an earful about sending you to stay with those Muggles. She’s determined you’re coming home with us this year."

"It has to do with the blood protection from my mother." Harry answered quietly, not looking at them. "Supposedly, Voldemort can’t touch me while I’m there."

They were all silent for a minute, digesting this information.

"But, Harry," Ginny ventured. "I can’t believe he’s making you go back to those horrid people after—"

"Look," Harry interrupted quickly. "We’re just going to see what happens over Easter before any decisions are made, all right?" He got up quickly and moved off the couch, wanting an immediate end to the conversation. He hated the silent look his three friends shared with each other. There were two more days of classes to get through before the break began and he hoped to get through them without any more rows.

*******
The next morning, he had a session with Mr. Taylor. They had continued with their Fencing lessons after Harry’s win, and he’d managed several more. Mr. Taylor still won the majority of the time, but the bouts were longer and longer and he needed to use more and more of his skills to do so. And he didn’t always succeed.

Today’s duel had gone on for a long time and both were tired and sweating profusely when inspiration struck Harry. He parried with his sword but used his wandless magic to perform a Petrificus Totalis. He was delighted when it worked!

"Congratulations, Harry. You’ve discovered my weakness. I can duel for as long as it takes, but add magic and a sword to the mix, and I can’t concentrate on both. How did you know that?"

"I don’t know," Harry replied in confusion. "It just occurred to me to use the magic at the same time."

"Hmm. Perhaps a bit of Legilimency going on as well? Nice work. We’ll continue to work on that idea, perhaps Voldemort shares my weakness with multi-tasking."

"Fat Chance!" Harry scoffed. Voldemort didn’t appear to have any weaknesses that Harry had yet seen. "Mr. Taylor, if you don’t think I’d be able to perform a Killing Curse, is there any kind of opposite magic that would do the same thing? I mean, a Patronus gets rid of a Dementor and it’s not Dark. Is there a kind of Light Magic that can destroy evil, without being evil itself?"

Mr. Taylor furrowed his brow in concentration and didn’t answer for a long time. He paced back and forth and seemed to nod to himself on occasion, as if holding an internal conversation. Finally he spoke, but very distantly. "You’re speaking of a very old kind of magic, Harry, but I think you may be on to something."

"Old Magic? Like the blood protection my mother gave me when she sacrificed herself?"

He again nodded carefully. "It’s not blood magic, it’s more based on emotion and strong feeling."

"That’s what Voldemort doesn’t understand!" Harry exclaimed. "When he tried to possess me at the Ministry, Dumbledore said he couldn’t because he couldn’t bear to be inside me when I was feeling so intensely about Sirius."

"I’m going to do some research while you’re on break. We’ll talk about this again when you return."

Harry felt the slightest thrill of excitement. Maybe they were finally on to a way to defeat him. If Harry could perform the Patronus, maybe there was something opposite to Dark Magic where his strength lay. Perhaps that was the Power the Prophecy mentioned? He was trying not to get his hopes up, but maybe there was a way to end this after all.

"Our library won’t be of any use to us, I’ll have to do some travelling for this. I’ll let Albus know what we’re looking for."

"Could a spell be altered?" Harry asked, now thoroughly warmed to his topic. "I mean the Patronus expels a Dementor, but could it be altered to somehow destroy one? And then adapt it after that to destroy Voldemort? You said he’s not really human anymore?"

"Harry, I don’t want you to get your hopes up. Let me look into this and see if we have a direction to go in, okay? It’s more than we had yesterday, but not an end yet."

Harry nearly sprinted back to the Common Room to share the idea with Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Hermione’s eyes lit up with eager anticipation. She loved anything to do with research, and finally this was a way she could help!

"Oh Harry, maybe the library at Grimmauld Place will have some information if Mr. Taylor doesn’t think there would be anything here!"

"I don’t know. Sirius’ family was into the Dark Arts, I’m not sure we’d find anything on Old Magic."

"Well, it can’t hurt to look and we’ll be there for a week. That should be enough time to at least narrow our search."

Harry saw Ron rolling his eyes in disgust, seeing his vacation plans going down the drain. He glared at Harry. "Thanks a lot, Potter. Hope you’ll enjoy spending your hols in the Library. That’ll be a nice change, huh?"

Harry grinned; nothing could dampen his mood at the moment.

*******
They arrived at Grimmauld Place on Saturday morning, taking a Portkey from Dumbledore’s office with their backpacks after the departure of the Hogwarts Express. It was raining in London when they arrived, and the pitter-patter sound of raindrops against the windows echoed throughout the house.

Harry barely even paused to drop his bag off in his room before racing to Remus’ room and knocking on the door.
"Come in," he heard Remus respond through the closed door.

He pushed it open and found him sitting on the sofa in front of the fire reading, a handmade quilt thrown over his legs. He was very thin and his hair, always peppered, had gone completely gray. He appeared much older than his years and although Harry hadn’t been expecting the picture of good health, the frailty of his condition was startling. He knew Remus was out of danger, but the fear of losing him once again pressed itself down upon Harry.

"How are you, Moony?" he asked slightly fearful.

Remus smiled warmly and put down the book. As if reading Harry’s thoughts, he opened his arms wide and said, "I’m not going to break, Harry. Come over here and let me get a look at you."

Harry walked over tentatively, leaned down and gently hugged his friend and mentor. "I’ve missed you."

"I’ve missed you, too. You have no idea how much. I understand you’ve been learning a lot from Jonathan Taylor in my absence though? Going to give me a run for my money the next time we duel?"

Harry smiled shakily. Remus didn’t look like he’d ever be in the condition to duel again. "Yeah," he whispered.

He could hear the rain pounding against the window; the wind seemed to be picking up. The weather suited the turmoil within Harry’s heart. Remus patted a spot on the sofa next to him and Harry gently sat down on the edge, looking ready to flee at a moment’s notice.

"I know I’m still not looking so good, Harry, but the doctors at St. Mungo’s assure me I’ll make a full recovery. By the time you start your summer break, I should be good as new," Remus offered consolingly.

"Are you in any pain?"

"No, none at all, just weak physically. They say it will take a while, but the Strengthening Potions are working."

Harry watched as Remus gingerly adjusted his position and knew he was lying about his discomfort. He suddenly felt the overwhelming desire to cry over the unfairness of it all and struggled desperately to hold it back. Thankfully, Tonks burst into the room at that moment, her hair a putrid green color and her effervescence was bubbling over.

"Harry!" she yelled, running over and grabbing him in a crushing hug. "I saw the others downstairs and they said you’d already come up! I wanted to surprise Remus here with you!" She pouted for a minute before getting over it and moving on. "So, tell us everything! We’ve been speculating about your training with Jonathan and want all the details! Isn’t he amazing? He’s a legend at the Ministry, you know!"

Harry could barely keep up with her she was talking so fast and felt his head moving all around just trying to follow her movement around the room. Tonks always moved when she talked. She tripped into the side of the sofa and landed on Harry’s lap with an, "Ummfff."

He grinned as she blushed, but hugged him again anyway. "So, what’s going on with you and Ginny? Not still pulling that bloody noble crap, are you?"

Leave it to Tonks not to pull her punches.

"No, we’re okay. She said she’d kick my arse if I tried that again."

"Good for her! That’s my girl."

Remus was laughing. "I think you might be in over your head with that girl, Harry. I wouldn’t want to tick her off."

Harry smiled fondly. "No, she’s something else when she gets riled."

"Molly’s planning her big sixteenth birthday bash while you’re here. What did you get her?"

"I haven’t got her anything yet, I was hoping you could help me. I can’t get to Hogsmeade any more."

"Sure," Tonks beamed happily. "I have to go into Diagon Ally later today anyway. What did you have in mind?"

Harry told her what he was looking for and spent the rest of the afternoon talking with the two of them. He enjoyed sharing his exploits with Mr. Taylor and was pleased to notice Remus’ enjoyment of the stories. Although obviously still suffering physically, his mind was as sharp as ever and Harry enjoyed having him to confide in again. He stayed until Remus literally fell asleep while they were talking; he then quietly made his exit to find the others while Tonks headed out to do her errands.

*******
Later that evening, while the rain pounded and flashes of lightening lit up the dimly lit house; Ginny Weasley made her way hurriedly along towards the library. Her face was bright red and she was trying to suppress giggles as she burst through the doors in search of Hermione. Her friend looked up from the huge stack of books she’d been reading since their arrival at Grimmauld Place this morning. She was determined to find some references to Old Magic that might help Harry. When Hermione set her mind to research, there wasn’t much that could stand in her way.

A tremendous boom of thunder echoed through the room as Ginny plopped down across from Hermione and hid her face in her hands. Hermione looked up vaguely before returning her gaze to the immense tome in front of her. "What’s so funny, Ginny?" she asked.

Ginny brushed the hair off her forehead and sighed dramatically. "You won’t believe where I’ve just been."

Hermione looked up, mildly curious now. "Where?"

"Mum dragged me up to her bedroom, she said we needed to have a talk."

"A talk?"

"Yes. Mum decided it was time to discuss the birds and the bees."

Hermione giggled. "Yeah, my mum did the same thing to me last summer before I arrived here."

"Oh, that’s not what I’m laughing about. Actually, Mum has always been fairly open with me. Being the youngest of seven, well, you hear things."

"So then, what’s so funny?"

"Right now, Dad is having the same talk with Ron…and Harry."

Hermione completely put the book down. "Harry?"

Ginny smiled. "I love my dad to pieces for doing it for him, but can you imagine? Getting that talk…from your girlfriend’s father? Harry will be mortified!"

Hermione started to giggle as well. "He’d have been mortified regardless who talked to him, but you’re right. Getting it from your girlfriend’s dad has got to be intimidating! Poor Harry!"

"I guess Mum approached Remus to do it but she said he looked so terrified at the idea she thought Dad might handle it better. I know Ron already had this talk when he started dating you, but they decided to do he and Ron together to make Harry more comfortable."

Hermione laughed. "I can see how Remus wouldn’t know how to handle that. I suppose it should have been Sirius’s job. Can you imagine the kind of talk Harry would have got then?"

Ginny’s giggles became uncontrollable. "Oh, I wish we had a pair of Extendable Ears to hear what’s going on."

"Ginny!"

"Oh, come on! Don’t tell me you didn’t think of it too!"

Hermione smirked and looked back at the table. "I’ve done all I’m going to do with this for tonight. Let me just put my notes back in the room and we can head to the kitchen and wait for the boys to be finished. I’m sure the kitchen is the first place Ron will head after a conversation like that."

"You know my brother well."

Hermione smiled, gathered her notes and a few books and left to bring them upstairs. Ginny was flipping absently through one of the larger volumes Hermione had out when Harry entered the Library. His eyes flew open wide at finding her there and a bright flush worked its way up his face.

Ginny tried to school her features and not let on she knew where he’d been. "Hi! I’ve barely seen you all day! I think we’re going to have to go back to school so I can get some time alone with you."

"I was just going to see how Hermione was doing with the research," he replied shyly, not quite meeting her gaze.

Ginny watched him closely as he picked up the books and put them back on the shelves. She’d been planning on teasing him over the talk with her dad, but seeing his obvious discomfort, she decided to take pity. It suddenly struck her how alone in the world Harry was and she felt an intense wave of fury that Voldemort had even taken this from him. He shouldn’t have had to have that talk with her dad; he should have had it with his own, or at least Sirius. It just wasn’t fair!

As she continued to watch him put the books away, she was distracted by the nice view of his behind as he reached up to one of the higher shelves. "I like the effects your workouts with Mr. Taylor have had on your bum," she said bluntly.

Harry blushed and spun around. "What," he spluttered, craning his neck around trying to get a look at his own backside to see what she was talking about.

Ginny giggled at him. "It used to be so flat, your pants always just hung off you. Now you’re filling them out quite nicely, even if the jeans are still too big."

Harry looked horrified. "Used to? Exactly how long have you been looking at my bum?"

"Everyone looks, Harry. You should hear some of the comments Lavender has made about you recently. She’s been very appreciative of all your training, even though she doesn’t how you’re doing it."

Harry just stood there blinking, as if he was trying to decide if she were having him on or not. It was then that Hermione returned with Ron in tow. Sure enough, Ron was munching on the remains of a sandwich. Hermione was looking between Harry and Ginny. "What’s going on?" she asked.

Harry shook his head, his eyes pleading with Ginny not to reveal their conversation. Ginny, being Ginny, couldn’t resist torturing him. It was good for him! "I was just telling Harry here how all the Gryffindor girls have been admiring the shapely way his backside has turned out."

Ron nearly choked on his sandwich but Hermione caught right on and joined in the teasing. "Yes, you have filled out nicely, Harry. Yours has always been rather nice, Ron, but Harry’s used to be really flat."

Harry was now redder than Ginny’s hair and looked ready to bolt from the room. Ron was looking at Hermione as if she were from another planet, although he briefly appeared smug over her compliment.

Hermione looked directly at him, "What? You boys have all done your share of checking out your classmates. You’re not that discreet! Don’t you think we’ve done the same? The next time you’re being so nasty about poor Eloise Midgen, you might want to stop and think what she might have to say about you!"

Ron was completely at a loss for words. Ginny stood up, wanting to break up this situation before they entered a full-fledged row. "It’s getting late, we should probably get to bed."

As she walked past Harry on her way out the door, she couldn’t resist and reached over and pinched his bum. He looked up stunned before a grin spread across his face. Draping his arm around her shoulders as they walked out the door he said, "I don’t how I went so long without noticing you, Ginny."

"Well, you’re a daft prat, but I’m pretty fond of you too, Potter," she smiled and they all went upstairs to bed.

*******
They had a wonderful vacation, although not very productive. Even Hermione gave up on finding anything useful in the Library at Grimmauld Place, most of the books dealt with Dark Magic. Harry didn’t have any visions or flares of emotions and was quite pleased with his Occlumency shield. His scar still seared fairly often and he’d have to clap his hand to it, but nothing entered his mind. Dumbledore thought he’d still feel the pain until the day the connection was broken.

They celebrated Ginny’s sixteenth birthday with a wild Weasley party. Even Charlie came home for it. Mrs. Weasley again prepared a feast and most of the Order stayed for the festivities. The twins even managed to slip Tonks a Canary Cream.
Harry’s present to Ginny was a gold necklace with a heart pendant that had a ruby set in the center. He liked the red stone because it reminded him of her, she liked it because she said it was his birthstone.

Ginny wore it constantly and could often be seen tugging on it out of habit. Harry thanked Tonks profusely for picking it up for him and helping with the selection. He spent as much time as possible with Moony and promised he’d see him again when school let out for the summer.

They returned to Hogwarts with Ginny stressing over her upcoming O.W.L.s and Harry anxious to begin working with Mr. Taylor on a possible Light Magic curse that could bring down Voldemort.


A/N: So, I gave Ginny a birthday, I’m sure JKR will contradict me at some point, but for now, I gave her an April birthday. My best guess is somewhere between April and June, we’ll see how that plays out.
Reviews 1023
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear