Search:

SIYE Time:0:31 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Green Light
By Cait

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 12
Summary: In the late hours of the night, Ginny sites alone...she thinks.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3732







ChapterPrinter


Ginny Weasley sat alone in the Gryffindor common room. The fire’s glow spread only to her feet, and the moon shone brightly above her. Her face was hidden in a mysterious darkness found no where else in the room. She liked it that way. She could think now, more than she could with the hustle and bustle of the morning to come. Here she could clear her mine, things made sense, everything came together. It was very peaceful.

Today was different, though. One her lap lay a notebook and a quill. She had tried to write a small poetic piece. Never before has she ventured from prose. This attempt fell short a few hours before as she drifted into slumber. Her breath was light and even, but not unheard by another restless soul.

Harry Potter sat up top of the stairs leading to the boy’s dormitory. He was also cloaked in darkness, impenetrable by his sight. He could hear an innocent soul sleeping soundly in the common room below him, but couldn’t see this person. It was like this every night. Harry woke from nightmares daunting him usually only hours after his eyes found rest.

Harry heard a quill hit the floor, something he doesn’t normally hear this time at night. It almost made him jump when he heard someone moving in imperfect silence feet below. Shuffles grew closer, he could hear the heard take the steps. He started to feel cold on the inside. Something about this creature made his skin crawl. He stopped hearing footsteps, but he could feel something sweep past him. It felt almost evil, the way it made his insides churn. Harry couldn’t help but fear this unseen scum. He held his breath as it climbed the rest of the steps without footsteps.

Breathing was heard below him before his came back. He silently flew down the stairs and marched towards the noisy chair. He took his wan out and uttered a lighting spell. He places his hand on Ginny Weasley’s shoulder, gently waking her up. She picked her quill up from the floor and tried to listen to Harry’s whispers.

Harry started to ask her if she has felt anything, but her hearing left her as her heart fluttered. There they were, alone in the darkness. His hand hadn’t moved from her shoulder, and his grip was tightening. His voice was soft and sensuous to her. She couldn’t remove her focus from anything but his moving lips. She accidentally let out a sigh. Harry was a bit alarmed.

“Ginny, are you okay?” he asked and moved his hand from her shoulder to her chin. Then he saw it, what he watched night after night, protected by the far off moon. It seemed so bright in the reflection of Ginny’s eyes. He stared into their brown depths for a long time, neither of them speaking. He had to warn her, but oh could he just look in those beautiful eyes longer? But all of a sudden he didn’t see the bright moon. He saw green.

Ginny let out a shriek as green light filled the room. Something in the shadows uttered something unforgivable. Ginny saw the green eyes she loved for so long roll back to view the dead brain within. His body feel forward, his cheek landing on hers. Oh, he had been right there in front of her, and she did nothing. He would have given himself to her, and she did nothing. Finally in her arms, but gone. All she ever wanted, gone. One tear fell down her cheek before she started to want what was coming. She saw another green flash and knew no more.
Reviews 12
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear