Search:

SIYE Time:21:35 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Rain Pours
By Cait

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 4
Summary: Realization hit Harry...hard.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4210







ChapterPrinter


It was a normal day in the Potter house. It was quiet, just the way the inhabitant liked it. The wind was blowing outside and chimes found in the garden could be heard throughout the home. There was no hustle or bustle found here, but peace and relaxation.

Harry Potter stood alone overlooking the dirt road by his house. Some object was unseen in his left hand. The rain was starting to drizzle, and the smell of the not far off woods filled his nostrils. His wife had always adored this sent, how it had reminded her of her home, the Burrow. He smiled at the thought, a smile no one had seen in a long while.

He started to walk down the road, ignorant of the storm forming above him. The wind began to howl with a slight chill that dug deep and stung his bones. He pulled his cloak tightly around him and the small object he was carrying. The rain grew harder, and stung his cheeks. It bounced off his glasses until he could barely see. But he knew where he was, and where he was going.

He looked to his right and saw a sign he saw every day. He took a sharp left turn onto a grassy area. He followed a small path made of rocks and dirt. It wound around trees and ornaments. Some were elegant, covered with angels and crosses and birds. But they all had names carved into them. Some of these names floated through time and space still, but others lay rest under these sacred grounds.

Harry stopped short of a small hill and looked into the sunlight dimmed by storm clouds. He could make out the lonely crucifix at the top, with a very special name etched into it. He removed the object he had been carrying from his cloak and let the rain fall on it for a short while. He started to climb the hill, letting water run down his cheeks. He wasn’t sure if it was rain or if it was tears.

Halfway up he stumbled over his own two feet. It was himself that caused this; his subconscious telling him that he did not want to see what was up there. He feared it. He feared believing it, he didn’t was to face reality. This was harsh on him, too harsh. At first, he didn’t know how to react. He didn’t know how he felt. But he did know one thing. He loved her. He had remained loyal because she has remained loyal.

He was walking again, and only feet away from the marble cross. He looked up at his Savior, and pleaded in his mind, asking why He had to take her away. Had she served her purpose? Why did the angels need her so? Could he just hold her one last time? Now facing the stone, he fell on his knees, sobbing. He only wanted to hold his beloved one last time. Was it too much to ask?

“Lord, can I just see her, one last time?” he sobbed aloud. He looked up into the sky, to see the clouds part slightly. The sun shone through, and its rays landed on Harry. Harry looked down and placed the blood red rose he had been carrying on the name and stone in front of him. Why had Voldemort needed to kill her? She did nothing to deserve it, except loving Harry.

He continued to sob within the area of light without his love. He then read aloud the gravestone. “Ginny Potter,” he paused. “I will be waiting for you at the pearly gates, watching over you from above.” He looked up at the sky again, believe those words with all his soul. She patch of light grew smaller as the clouds grew darker. No longer did light shine on him from above, no longer did Ginny’s eyes see him. He lied down then, six long feet above his love’s lifeless body, like he did day after day.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear