Search:

SIYE Time:11:48 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Lonestar
By Pokie4389

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 14
Summary: A fluffy little fic of how Gin and Harry get together. Songfic too, I guess. Read please :}
Hitcount: Story Total: 3708







ChapterPrinter


Lonestar


Dis claimer: Lonestar is a song by Norah Jones on her 'Come Away With Me' CD and the Harry Potter characters belong to J.K.




“Gin?” He called through the flat, his voice searching for the love of his life.

The lights were out and with a flick of his wrist the candles danced along merrily.

He unclasped his cloak and threw it on the rack where he saw Ginny’s hanging.

A wave of panic flashed through his mind but he quickly dismissed it, she could be sleeping, it was late enough. His job had been occupying much of the time he wanted to spend with Ginny and he hoped she wasn’t mad with him.


Lonestar where are you out tonight?
This feeling I'm trying to fight



Atop the table was a half-full wine glass and her sketchbook. She had always loved drawing and she was very good at it as well.

He flipped through some of the pages with a proud smile upon his face. She was amazing, and all his, at least he hoped she would be after tomorrow.

He walked down the hall occasionally seeing the photographs hanging of Ron, Hermione, Ginny, himself, the Weasleys, and all others he considered friends or family. He stopped in front of the one of Ron and Hermione’s wedding. It was a black and white and caught Hermione and Ron gazing at each other while the rest of the party was out on the dance floor, Ginny had taken the photo and it had immediately become his favorite of the wedding.

At last reaching the bedroom he prodded the door open gently and cast a spell at the hinges so it wouldn’t creak.

The light from the hall captured a figure in the bed with lovely auburn hair and creamy skin with the occasional dot of a freckle upon her nose.

He smiled as he glimpsed her and his eyes betrayed such a deep love that it would have sent shivers down her back had she been awake.

He crept into the room and planted a gentle kiss against her temple.


It's dark and I think that I would give anything
For you to shine down on me



A faint smile came onto her face and she unconsciously rolled to fit in the nooks of his body.


Lifting an arm he placed it around her thin frame and held her close, loving the spell she put him under even when not awake.

He breathed in her scent and relished in the Hawaiian ginger smell that tickled his nose.

After a moment of gaining consciousness he felt someone’s lips leave his forehead and drearily opened his eyes to see Ginny tugging a black sweater over her curly haired head.

He watched her curiously until she left their bedroom and he glanced at the clock in the corner.

Fumbling with his glasses he was able to see clearly and saw that it was 1:30 a.m.

Letting out a slight groan he sat up in the bed and felt the warmth radiating from both spots previously occupied.

He rubbed his eyes and wondered why she was getting up so early.

He fumbled around for his own sweater and tugged it on as well, getting up reluctantly from his warm comfort.

As he turned toward the kitchen he saw a cloak exiting the flat, pressing the door quietly shut as not to disturb him.


How far you are I just don't know
The distance I'm willing to go



His face became a mask of puzzlement and he cocked his head to the side trying to figure out what she was doing.

Unclasping his cloak for the second time that night he closed it around himself and opened the door, feeling a slightly cold breeze hit his face and whip about his ears.

Her slight and mesmerizing figure could just be made out in the dark as she walked gracefully along the sidewalk, her curls bouncing down her back in contrast to her black cloak.

He shut the door with a gentle snap and waltzed down the steps, minding not to disturb his love.

She walked around a bend and he lost sight of her graceful figure, speeding up a pace or two he turned the bend and saw no one in front of him.

Glancing around quickly he thought he had lost track of her until he saw her curls of red in the park entrance.

It was usually closed by this time of the night but that didn’t seem to bother her and it wouldn’t him, falling in again behind her she disappeared around another bend in the cracked and cobblestoned sidewalk.

A small smile played at his lips as he passed the bend.

He had found where she was and his smile grew as she sat in the swing, hanging onto the chains so as not to fall.

The already fallen snow made his short walked to the swing hardly audible and so when he gently pushed her back she gave a startled jump before relaxing against the familiar arms placed lovingly around her in a warm embrace.


I pick up a stone that I cast to the sky
Hoping for some kind of sign



“Harry, what are you doing out here?” she asked nuzzling her cheek into his neck.

“I could ask the same of you, love, its 1:30" he smiled gently pressing his lips against her forehead.

He could see her smile as he walked to face her.

“I’ve missed you, the flat is too lonely without you” Ginny pouted playfully as he took her hands in his and rubbed them to get the blood to circulate faster.

“I’m sorry” he said sincerely, searching her chocolate brown eyes for any trace of anger.

She gently swatted his hands away and pulled his closer to her, “Don’t be silly, there’s nothing you can do”

He kissed her warmly and decided that he couldn’t wait until tomorrow.

Softly patting his pocket he felt the solid box and smiled, this was going to be the best choice he ever made.

He looked up to the sky and spotted the dog star twinkling steadily.

As he felt eyes on his face he looked down and gently tucked a loose strand of red curls behind her ear.


Lonestar where are you out tonight?
This feeling I'm trying to fight



Her cheeks were slightly flushed from the cold so he decided he should do it quickly so he could get her warm again beside the fire.

He squatted loosely and tugged her so that she landed on the snow with a soft bump.

Slowly snow began to glide from the mass of clouds just near Sirius and not quite covering it.

He smiled as she tilted her head in an unasked question, he gently placed a finger against her lips silencing her and carefully pulled the delicate box from his pocket.

Hearing a soft gasp he looked nervously into her eyes as he pried it open.

“Gin . . . ?” he whispered softly, holding out the ring to her.

Her eyes were wide in such a manner that he was reminded of a puppy at a pet store.

“Will you— ” he started but was cut off as she threw her arms around his neck, pulling him so that he fell forward into her.

She managed to find his mouth and softly kissed him as he brushed the snowflakes out of her hair.

He kissed her forehead again and she pulled him closer to her, relishing in his scent.

She would be able to do this every day for the rest of her life.

He kissed her this time and she shivered at the intensity, wrapping her arms around his neck once more to draw him closer.

They broke apart and Harry carefully slid the ring onto her finger.


It's dark and I think that I would give anything
For you to shine down on me
For you to shine down on me



He stood up and helped her to her feet.

She studied the ring carefully once standing, it had a white gold band and three diamonds, the middle being the bigger of the three. It was beautiful and not too extravagant, just how she had always imagined it to be.

He put an arm around her waist and the couple began walking home, stealing frequent kisses.

“I love you Mr. Potter” she whispered into his ear as they exited the park.

He smiled softly, “And I love you Mrs. Potter” he whispered placing a kiss on her cheek causing it to tingle pleasantly.



The End

Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear