Search:

SIYE Time:17:03 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Just the Three of Us
By SunDevil05

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 42
Summary: Valentine's Day fic! Companion piece to "It Happened One Night". Harry and Ginny are away from each other for their first Valentine's Day together. Harry has a surprise for her . . . (Takes place during Harry's sixth year and Ginny's fifth.)
Hitcount: Story Total: 6947







ChapterPrinter


A/N: Here's a little Valentine's Day fic that goes with my fanfic "It Happened One Night". Hope you all like it!

Please read and review!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ALL!!!

DISCLAIMER: Alas, not mine.


Just the Three of Us


Harry nervously sat in his chair. He didn’t know what to expect today. He hoped that his request would be granted. Even so, he’d find a way.

Professor Dumbledore sat with his hands folded in front of him. He was smiling gently at Harry and hadn’t spoken much since Harry arrived in his office. Harry took a sip of his tea, which Professor Dumbledore had offered to him earlier.

“So, Harry,” the Headmaster spoke, “you have a favor to ask of me?”

Harry set his cup down and took a deep breath. “Yes Professor, I do.”

Professor Dumbledore unfolded his hands. “And what may that be?”

Harry readied himself for his request to be rejected.

“I would like to leave the grounds overnight,” Harry finally said. Professor Dumbledore gave him a long look, one that told Harry his request was not going to be granted, and stroked his long bread with his hand. Even if Professor Dumbledore told him he couldn’t, he would. There was no way he was going to miss this.

“Leave the castle overnight? Why ever for Harry?” Professor Dumbledore asked.

“Er . . .” Harry began, “Well, you see this year is the first year I have someone that I love.”

The old Headmaster smiled at Harry. “Ah yes, love. It’s wonderful isn’t?”

“Yes, Professor, it is,” Harry smiled, thinking of his love.

“I assume you are talking about Miss Weasley, I mean Mrs. Potter,” Professor Dumbledore said, smiling at Harry. Harry nodded, still thinking of his sweet Ginny. Even after a few months it was still hard to believe that Ginny was his wife and was carrying his child.

“Yes, I am,” Harry said. He went on with his reasons for wanting to leave. “See, this is our first Valentine’s Day together, and since we are newlyweds, I wanted to spend it with her.” He blushed slightly for telling the Headmaster this. He wasn’t one to really admit his feelings, except of course to Ginny. He felt he could tell her everything

Professor Dumbledore didn’t say anything. He simply stared at him. After a few moments he stood up and walked to the window. He stood there and stared out the window.

Harry didn’t like the unresponsiveness from the Headmaster. He didn’t care how, but Harry was going to spend Valentine’s Day with his wife no matter what it took.

Professor Dumbledore turned around and smiled at Harry.

“I think that can be arranged,” he said.


*~*~*~*


Ginny concentrated hard on what she had to do. Many times she had failed at this and she was determined to do it this time. This was something she would need to know how to do in the near future.

She bit her bottom lip and took a deep breath. She concentrated on what she wanted to happen. She lifted her wand and pointed it at the bottle. Carefully, Ginny set her wand down and picked up the bottle. She turned it over and squeezed a drop out of it. She smiled.

“Mum! I did it!” Ginny exclaimed and went to give her mother the baby bottle. Molly took it and checked the temperature of the water.

“Well done Ginny! Now you can show Harry how to do it,” Molly said, smiling at her daughter. Ginny smiled happily and practiced warming and cooling the bottle a few more times. She glanced up at the clock and then at her mother.

“Mum, am I done with Life Skills?” Ginny asked. Her mother had decided to teach Ginny the basic skills she would need to take care of the baby and added it to her other lessons. Molly looked over at Ginny.

“Yes dear. Are you hungry?” Molly asked. Ginny raised an eyebrow at her mother.

“You’re asking a pregnant witch if she’s hungry or not? “ Ginny said, patting her rounded stomach.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Molly smiled and began making sandwiches for their lunch. Ginny went over to the scrubbed wooden table and pulled her Potions book towards her. She checked her list of assignments for the week and began reading the assigned chapter.

Molly stood at the kitchen counter, making their sandwiches. She glanced at her daughter. Ginny was reading quietly, one elbow propped on the table with the side of her face resting on the palm of her hand. Her other hand was slowly rubbing her rounded stomach in a loving way. Molly sighed quietly. Never in her life did she imagine that her daughter would become pregnant at fifteen. It had broken her heart when she received that letter from Ginny telling her and Arthur what had happened. She had cried for her baby girl, wishing hope upon hope that it wasn’t true. How she wished it was all a horrible dream, but it hadn’t been. Molly knew what decision Ginny would make. She knew that her daughter would keep the baby, but that still didn’t stop her from letting Ginny know how she felt. Molly had gotten over her anger rather quickly. She was determined to help her daughter and her new son-in-law. She loved them and was going to help them.

At first, Molly didn’t really believe that Ginny was pregnant. It just didn’t seem real to her. Even watching Ginny bolt out of rooms and into the washroom didn’t fully convince Molly. Not until she saw Harry and Ginny standing in the kitchen a few days before he left for Hogwarts again. Ginny wore a shirt that didn’t seem to fit properly. It was then that Molly noticed the slight bulge of her stomach and finally realized she was going to be a grandmother.

Molly turned to get plates for the sandwiches. Ginny was examining her wedding ring, her Potions book long forgotten. Molly knew her daughter missed her husband terribly. Molly couldn’t imagine being away from Arthur for so long. Ginny hadn’t even had much of a chance to enjoy her time being married. Two weeks after their wedding, Harry had to go back to school while Ginny remained behind. Neither had wanted to leave the other but they didn’t have a choice. Ginny sighed heavily and returned to reading. Molly got the plates and continued making lunch.

Molly finished the sandwiches, chicken for Molly and tuna with sauerkraut (something Ginny had developed a craving for in the last week) for Ginny. She went to the refrigerator and took out some strawberries. Fresh strawberries were something else Ginny had been craving. It was her only lasting one as well. Molly made sure that Ginny always had strawberries with every meal and as snacks. This had actually pleased Molly. Ginny had a craving for something healthy and good for the developing life inside of her, much unlike Molly herself. With all six of her pregnancies, Molly had craved some sort of sweet and something very unhealthy for her children. Molly washed the strawberries and placed them in a bowl. She arranged everything on separate plates and picked up her wand. She muttered a Levitation Charm and sent them towards the table.

Molly stopped and watched Ginny. Once again she wasn’t reading anymore. Instead, she was looking down at her stomach and gently pushing it. She had a confused look on her face.

“Ginny? Is everything all right?” Molly asked, frightened that something bad had happened to her unborn grandchild. Ginny looked up at her mother.

“I think it’s moving,” Ginny replied, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. Molly smiled at her daughter and walked to the table, the plates floating in front of her. She allowed Ginny plates to land gently in front of her daughter and sat down herself.

“Does it feel like butterflies?” Molly asked. Ginny nodded and took a strawberry.


“Then that’s the baby,” Molly said and picked up her own sandwich.

“Really?” Ginny asked, excitement hiding in her voice. Molly nodded.

“It’ll be kicking soon,” Molly informed her. Ginny picked up her sandwich and looked at her mother.

“Does it hurt?” she asked, biting her bottom lip nervously. Molly shook her head.

“Not at all, dear. It’s a nice feeling really. You actually know the baby is there. It’s exciting at first, but after a while it gets rather annoying,” Molly said.

“Why?” Ginny asked, biting her sandwich.

“Well as time goes on, the baby kicks more and more. If I remember correctly you were quite the kicker young lady. Challenged the twins you did,” Molly said. Ginny smiled.

“Sorry about that Mum,” Ginny apologized, smiling.

“Oh I forgave you a long time ago,” Molly said, smiling softly at Ginny. Ginny returned the smile and continued with her lunch. She sighed happily.

“I can’t wait to feel it kick Mum,” Ginny said. Molly smiled.

“Just be patient,” Molly replied. The two red-headed witches continued their lunch in silence. Ginny pulled her book in front of her and continued to read while eating.

“Have you and Harry discussed names yet?” Molly asked. Ginny looked up and shook her head.

“Not really. We can’t really say much in our letters. We have to write in code as it is,” Ginny replied.

“In code?” Molly echoed. Ginny nodded.

“Nearly every night when Harry was here we came up with this code to use in our letters. Even Hermione couldn’t figure it out!” Ginny laughed and smiled wistfully at the thought of those nights together. She placed both hands on her stomach and missed Harry even more.

Molly placed a hand on Ginny’s shoulder. “If he could, he would be here every minute with you Ginny. Harry loves you and the baby very much.”

Ginny smiled softly. “I know.”

Molly gave her a final smile and they continued to eat their lunch.

Ginny was able to finish most of her Potions homework during her lunch. The fire lit up with green flames and an elderly witch stepped out of the fireplace.

“Good afternoon Ginny. How are you feeling today?” the woman asked brightly.

“Very well Mrs. Jacobs,” Ginny replied, patting her stomach lovingly.

“Good, good. Ready for your check-up?” Mrs. Jacobs asked. Ginny nodded and they went up the stairs.

Molly cleared the table and began tidying up the kitchen, when the fire lit up green once more and the aged face of Professor Dumbledore appeared.

“Oh Albus! How wonderful to see you,” Molly greeted the floating head.

“And it is always good to see you as well Molly. Tell me, how is Ginny doing?” the Headmaster asked.

“Just fine Albus. She’s with the midwife now,” Molly replied.

“Good, good. Now, I must discuss with you about something that concerns your daughter and an anxious young man that is dying to see her,” Albus said and smiled.


*~*~*~*


Harry had one destination in mind as he entered Hogsmeade with Ron and Hermione. Well a few actually. But they all had one thing in common.

Ginny.

Harry had been granted permission to go to the Burrow overnight. It worked out perfectly. Valentine’s Day was on a Friday this year and there was a Valentine’s Day Ball planned for that night. Harry’s disappearance would go unnoticed. All he had to do was make sure he was back early enough the next morning and no one would be any wiser.

But now the question that remained was what to get Ginny for Valentine’s Day. He had already ordered a dozen roses to be sent to her in the morning of Valentine’s Day. Flowers just didn’t seem enough. He had to get her something more. After all it was their first Valentine’s Day together. It had to be special.

“Any idea of what you’re going to get her?” Ron asked and kicked a stone in the road. Harry sighed and shook his head.

“No idea. I don’t know what to buy her. This is our first Valentine’s Day together,” Harry said.

“I think she’ll be happy enough just to have you with her,” Hermione whispered. Harry smiled. He couldn’t wait until Friday. How he missed his wife!

The trio walked down the streets, Harry searching for a store to look in.

“Let’s go to Honeyduke’s,” Ron suggested and the trio went to the sweetshop. It was packed, as usual, with students and local residents. Harry wasn’t really in the mood for candy. He just wanted to find Ginny’s present. He strolled down an aisle looking at the candy and racking his brain for ideas.

“Hey Hermione, want to split a bag of Sugar Quills?” Ron asked, holding up a bag of assorted flavors. “You can have the strawberry ones. I don’t like them much.”

Harry froze at the mention of the flavor.

Harry immediately began searching the store for anything strawberry flavored. Not one display was untouched by him. Once Harry was sure he had enough strawberry flavored sweets, he searched for a more traditional holiday candy. He found a heart shaped box of fine chocolate and added it to his purchases before he joined Ron and Hermione at the til.

“Like strawberry much?” Ron asked as he looked at the arms full of candy Harry had. Harry shook his head.

“They’re for Ginny. Strawberry is her,” Harry paused before he revealed the truth, “her favorite flavor.”

Ron frowned at this. “I thought she hated — Oof!“

Hermione had elbowed Ron in his stomach and he winced in pain. Hermione smiled at Harry and shot Ron a glare.

“That’s really sweet of you remembering something like that,” Hermione said. Harry smiled back at her as they moved forward. Harry was able to have all the candy put in a box and wrapped in a white wrapping paper with pink hearts all over it.

Harry made one last stop at a store down the street before they left the village. He smiled to himself as he arrived back in Gryffindor Tower. This was going to be the best Valentine’s Day ever.


*~*~*~*


Sunlight woke Ginny up one morning. Delicious aromas of breakfast floated to her nose. She blinked a few times and stretched her arms above her head. Her clock showed it to be half past eight. She groaned, not wanting to get up at all. She had stayed up all night working on some assignments she had to send today. Not to mention she didn’t want her dream to end. She sighed happily as she remembered the dream.

She was sitting out by a lake and the sun was just beginning to set. She was settled back in Harry’s strong arms and he was whispering declarations of love in her ear. A baby was next to them, sleeping soundly on the blanket. A picnic basket was in front of them, their dinner awaiting them. It was just perfect. Harry, herself, and their child.

And now the dream was over and she was in her bed, with no Harry and nothing was perfect.

Ginny threw the covers over her face, hoping to get some more sleep and hoping her dream would return. She would give anything to have Harry with her right next to her and holding her. She wrapped her arms around herself but the feeling wasn’t the same. She needed him.

Butterflies were fluttering in her stomach again. She sighed and threw the blankets off of her. She put both hands on her stomach as the baby continued to move.

“Good morning to you too,” Ginny said and yawned. Ginny closed her eyes again and tried to fall back asleep. She was just slipping back into dreamland when she felt the baby move again.

“Go back to sleep and leave Mummy alone,” Ginny murmured. The baby just kept on moving. Ginny sighed and slowly she sat up then looked down at her swollen stomach.

“Fine, I’m up, I’m up,” she said and swung her legs over the side of her bed. She went over to her dresser and picked up her brush. Once her hair was brushed out she pulled on her dressing gown which didn’t quite fit her anymore.

Ginny made her way to the door and opened it. The moment she stepped out into the hallway, someone ran into her, causing her to fall over. She felt arms grab her quickly and steadied her on her feet.

“I’m so sorry pumpkin!” she heard her father exclaim. “Are you all right?”

“I’m okay Dad,” Ginny said and smiled up at her father. Arthur smiled down at his daughter and glanced down at her growing stomach.

“And how is my grandchild doing this morning?” he asked. Ginny hooked her arm with her father’s and they made their way to the stairs.

“Just wonderful. The midwife came yesterday,” Ginny said.

“Did she now?” Arthur asked. Ginny nodded.

“She used some sort of spell to take a picture of the baby and recorded its heartbeat,” Ginny announced proudly. Arthur smiled at her. Ginny bit her lip and looked up at her father as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

“Dad, can you help me with something?” she asked timidly.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Well I was wondering if you could charm the picture of the baby so that only Harry could see it? And if there’s a way to put the recording of the heartbeat on the card so only Harry can hear it?” Ginny asked quickly. Arthur looked at her for a moment so Ginny went on. “I want to send them to Harry with his Valentine’s Day card.”

“That’s a wonderful idea. Just give me everything and I’ll charm it for you,” Arthur agreed. Ginny smiled and hugged her father.

“Thanks Daddy,” Ginny thanked him and kissed his cheek. Arthur ruffled her hair and they went into the kitchen.

“Morning Mum,” Ginny greeted her mother. Plates of muffins, hotcakes, and sausages were on the table along with syrup, butter, and marmalade. Her eyes found the bowl of strawberries on the table and Ginny bolted towards it. She grabbed one and popped it in her mouth. She savored the sweet flavor of the fruit and decided that she was in heaven. Molly set a bowl of oatmeal in front of Ginny and Ginny began to pile food on her plate. Ginny picked up a spoon and began to eat her oatmeal. Her parents greeted each other with a good morning kiss and Ginny had to look away. Why was everything a constant remainder of Harry?

“Morning little sister!” a voice called cheerfully and Ginny felt someone ruffle her hair. Ginny looked up and saw the grinning face of George. He sat down next to her and grabbed a plate of sausages.

“How’s our little test subject this morning?” Fred spoke to Ginny and sat himself across from her. He grabbed a muffin from a basket on the table and began to butter it.

“You will not use my baby as your test subject!” Ginny glared at him.

“Of course we won’t Gin. We wouldn’t dream of doing something like that,” George replied and reached for the bowl of strawberries. He grabbed one and popped it in his mouth.

“George, that’s mine!” Ginny shouted at him.

“Ever hear of sharing,” Fred said and grabbed one as well.

“Fred!” Ginny grabbed the bowl closer to her. George reached over and grabbed a handful of strawberries and shoved them in his mouth. He chewed and opened his mouth to Ginny. Ginny squeezed her eyes shut and looked away in utter disgust.

“Quit that! You’re going to make me sick,” Ginny groaned.

“Not again. I thought you were over being sick,” Fred said and took some more. Ginny glared at him. She saw a hand reach over and pull the bowl away from her.

“George!” she cried and tried to grab the bowl back. George held the bowl away from her and Ginny tried to grab it back. “George Quincy Weasley!”

“Aw, listen to that Gred, she knows our names,” Fred said. George held a hand over his heart and looked at his twin.

“’Tis a proud day Forge,” George exclaimed dramatically and wiped a fake tear from his eye.

“Give me my bowl back,” Ginny demanded.

“Why? You eat enough anyway,” George shrugged. Ginny glared at him.

“I’m pregnant, you dimwit,” she hissed. Both twins faked a surprised gasp and looked at her.

“You are?! We had no idea!” Fred exclaimed dramatically.

“Is that why you’re stomach is getting bigger?” George asked innocently. Ginny’s blood was boiling.

“MUM!” Ginny yelled. Molly shot each twin a death glare and they immediately sobered up.

“Leave your sister alone this instant! George Quincy, give her that bowl back!” Molly shouted. George pushed it towards her and Ginny kept it close to her.

“You two should know better than to fool around with a pregnant witch,” Molly hissed at them. “Now apologize to her or I will not stop her when she turns her wand on you both!”

Fred and George muttered apologies and silently ate their food.

After a few minutes Fred and George stood up and said something about starting their plans for Valentine’s Day and left. Ginny finished her breakfast and retrieved her Transfiguration book. She sat back at the kitchen table and began her school work for the day.

“Ah Molly, don’t make plans for Friday night,” Arthur said, looking through his newspaper.

“Why ever for dear?” she asked and set a glass of pumpkin juice in front of Ginny.

“We have plans,” Arthur said and folded his paper. He stood up and smiled at his wife. “In fact, why don’t you pack an overnight bag as well?”

“Why would I need an overnight bag, Arthur?” Molly questioned and stood in front of her husband. She crossed her arms and waited for him to answer. Arthur smiled again and placed his hands on her shoulders.

“Remember our first Valentine’s Day together after we got married?” Arthur asked and raised his eyebrows at her. Molly’s eyes lit up and she smiled before throwing her arms around his neck.

“Oh Arthur!” she cried and kissed him.

Ginny looked away and tried not to listen to her parents talk about their first Valentine’s Day together as a married couple. She felt the baby move. Ginny felt the tears building up inside her eyes and couldn’t take it. Ginny shut her book hard and stood up. Her parents looked at her in surprise. Ginny nervously fingered her wedding ring and looked at her parents.

“I’m going to go upstairs,” she said, her voice fading and took off at a run up to her room. She slammed the door shut and fell on her bed in a heap of tears.


*~*~*~*


Owls fluttered everywhere Friday morning. Red and pink envelopes dropped in front of people all over the Great Hall. Harry watched as Ron and Hermione exchanged gifts. Hermione smiled brightly at the card Ron gave her and threw her arms around his neck. Ron’s blush reached his ears and he hugged Hermione back. Harry suddenly missed Ginny. He sighed and swirled his soggy cereal with his spoon.

An owl suddenly knocked into a jug of orange juice over and several students jumped away from the spill. Hermione pulled out her wand and flicked it at the mess. The liquid cleared up immediately and Hermione returned to being affectionate to Ron.

Harry recognized the owl as Errol and took the red envelope he was holding. He recognized Ginny’s writing and tore the envelope open. He pulled out a card with two pink hearts on it and the words “Happy Valentine’s Day to my Sweetheart” written in gold. He opened the card and heard a thumping sound while two items fell out. Harry frowned and tried to figure out what it was. He looked around and saw that no one else seemed to notice the sound. He was the only one. He concentrated on the sound and figured it out to be a heartbeat. Harry was very confused. Why was he hearing a heartbeat? He picked up one of the items and saw Ginny’s scrawl on it.


Harry,

This entire card has been charmed for your eyes only. Everyone else will see a sappy love note, a picture of me, and hear nothing. You on the other hand will read, see, and hear something different. The heartbeat you hear is the baby’s. I asked the midwife if she could record it so I could send it to you. She says it’s a very strong and healthy heartbeat.


Harry paused and listened to his unborn baby’s heartbeat. This was the first time he had heard it and felt something warm flutter in his chest. He smiled and continued to read Ginny’s note

Isn’t that amazing? I hear it at every appointment and never get tired of it. It’s the most beautiful sound I’ve ever heard.

Now this picture of “me” is sort of one of me. I’m sort of in it. It’s taken from inside me. Weird, huh? It was strange to see it at first but it’s pretty amazing to see it actually. That’s a picture of the baby. I labeled where the head, hands, and feet are. The baby is developing quite nicely.


Harry immediately picked up the picture and watched the moving picture of his child. He felt his heart swell with joy. He watched the baby move around and smiled. Harry picked up the note and finished reading it.

So, as you can hear and see the baby and I are doing well. Mum and Dad send their love and hope you are doing well.

I wish I could spend today with you. Merlin knows how much I miss you . . . me and the baby. I can’t wait to see you again. I love you.


Always with Love,

Ginny


Harry folded the note up and picked up the picture again. He listened to the heartbeat and watched the baby move in the picture. He couldn’t wait until tonight.


*~*~*~*


Ginny yawned as she walked down the stairs Friday morning. She sleepily entered the kitchen and sunk into a seat at the table. She glanced up and saw her mother arranging a beautiful bouquet of red, pink, and white roses in a vase.

“Are those from Dad?” Ginny asked. Molly looked up and smiled at her daughter.

“No. They’re for you, from Harry,” Molly replied. Ginny stared at the roses and smiled. “Those are some beautiful flowers there. Harry really loves you.”

Ginny blushed and smiled. “I love him too.”

“I know,” Molly sighed and picked up a box. “This is for you as well.”

Ginny took the package and opened it. She laughed when she saw an assortment of strawberry flavored candies. Ginny picked up a Sugar Quill and sucked on it, thinking of Harry.

The rest of the day Ginny was in a daze. Harry’s gifts that morning had brightened her mood considerably, but that didn’t mean she didn’t miss him. She missed him even more but as least she knew he was thinking of her.

Later that afternoon, Ginny sat in her room and tried to do her homework. She didn’t want to watch the twins get ready for their dates with their girlfriends that night. Apparently Fred and George were planning a romantic evening for Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet for the night. Arthur and Molly were getting ready for their evening out as well and all the talk was about love. Ginny did not want to hear any of it. She was going to be all alone in the house. What a perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day.

Alone.

All alone.

Ginny looked at the picture from her wedding on her desk and sighed, then returned to her homework.

A knock came on her door.

“Come in,” Ginny called and continued to read her Herbology book.

“I brought you some pumpkin juice dear,” she heard her mother say. “I made you some dinner as well for later on.”

“Thanks Mum,” Ginny said and felt her mother behind her and a caught a glass being placed on the desk out of the corner of her eye. Ginny stretched and winced as she felt an ache in her back. Her mother seemed to have sense her pain and placed her hands on her shoulder and began to give her a massage. Her mother’s hands felt stronger and somewhat larger than usual. Ginny put her quill down and enjoyed the massage. She smiled and thought of Harry.

“You know Mum, Harry used to give me massages when he was here,” she said, closing her eyes. “You know this kind of feels like Harry’s. He gave really nice ones.”

“You don’t say.”

Ginny’s eyes flew open and she froze in her seat. That voice was definitely not her mothers. She heard her mother’s voice before when she came in but now this was not it. It was deeper and husky. The hands had stopped rubbing her shoulders and Ginny slowly turned around.

“Harry!” she shouted and jumped out of her seat at the sight of a grinning Harry. She threw her arms around her husband and kissed him deeply. Harry wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, kissing her back with just as much passion. When they broke apart, Harry rested his forehead against hers and Ginny closed her eyes.

“I’ve missed you so much,” he whispered.

“I’ve missed you too, well we’ve missed you,” Ginny said and smiled. She opened her eyes and Harry was smiling at her. He placed a hand on her stomach and kissed her.

“How’s our little one doing?” he asked. Ginny smiled.

“Quite well,” she replied. He smiled again and a comfortable silence fell over them. Suddenly it occurred to Ginny that Harry was here and not at Hogwarts.

“Why are you here,” she demanded. Harry frowned and took a step back.

“You don’t want me here? All right, I’ll go,” he teased and turned around. Ginny grabbed his arm and spun him back around.

“Of course I don’t want you to go,” she laughed and he put his arms on her waist. Ginny put her own hands on his shoulders. “How did you get here? I thought you couldn’t come unless there was an emergency.”

“By Portkey. I talked to Dumbledore and he let me go. There’s a ball tonight and no one would notice me missing. I packed a bag and came here. Molly came in with me so you wouldn’t suspect anything. So now I’m here with my beautiful wife on Valentine’s Day.”

Ginny smiled at him. “So when do you have to leave?” she asked.

“Not until tomorrow morning,” he whispered. Ginny’s eyes lit up and she hugged him tightly.

“Come on. Molly made us dinner,” Harry said and they left her room hand in hand.

Fred and George glared at Harry when the young couple entered the sitting room. They muttered a goodbye to Ginny and with loud cracks, they Disapparated.

“Dinner is on the table for you both. We’ll be back tomorrow morning Ginny. Have fun you two,” Molly said and her and Arthur Disapparated. Ginny looked at Harry and smiled.

“So we’re all alone for the entire night,” Ginny observed. He returned her smile and nodded.

“Let’s eat,” he said and waved his hand dramatically towards the kitchen. Ginny giggled and they walked into the kitchen.

The young married couple shared a romantic dinner by candlelight and talked about anything and everything.

After dinner, they moved to the sitting room for dessert. Harry lit a fire and they sat next to each other on the sofa.

“Now are you ready for your present?” Harry asked as they had dessert (strawberry shortcake, much to Ginny’s delight).

“More? Harry, you’re making me feel horrible,” Ginny said and ate another forkful of her dessert. Harry smiled and placed one hand on her stomach.

“You’ve given me the best gift I’ve ever received,” he said. Ginny blushed and looked away. She felt Harry get up and returned a few moments later. Harry handed her a heart shaped box of chocolates and another smaller wrapped box. Ginny set her plate next to her on the couch and opened the smaller gift. She found a black jewelry box and opened it. Ginny gasped.

“Oh Harry!” she pulled out a silver chain. There were two heart pendants joined together on the chain with diamonds outlining them.

“Do you like it?” he asked. Ginny looked at him and smiled.

“I love it! Harry, it’s gorgeous!” she cried. Harry smiled. “Put it on me?”

Harry took the pendant and put it around her neck. Ginny admired the necklace on her and smiled at Harry. “Thank you.”

She leaned in to kiss him and her lips met his. The kiss quickly deepened. She tangled her hands in his hair, loving the unruliness of it. His hand tangled in her hair as well and he caressed her waist with the other. Ginny was in a daze and was getting lost in kissing Harry like this again. Ginny found herself reaching over to pull his shirt off. Harry stopped her and looked at her dazed.

“Are you sure?” he asked. Ginny nodded. Harry glanced down at her stomach.

“It’s okay. You won’t hurt the baby,” she whispered. Harry paused for a moment and kissed her again. After a few minutes of passionate kissing he stood up. He gestured to the stairs and Ginny followed him.


*~*~*~*


They watched the moon filter into Ginny’s room and felt at ease with one another. Harry tightened his hold around her and kissed her bare shoulder. Ginny sighed happily and rolled over to face him. Harry traced the outline of her cheek and softly kissed her. Ginny snuggled closer to him and he kissed the top of her head.

“This is best Valentine’s Day I’ve ever had,” she whispered.

“And there will be many more to come,” he whispered back. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Ginny.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” she replied and silence fell over them.

Minutes passed by and the couple slowly drifted off to sleep, happy to be in each other’s arms.

“I love you Ginny,” Harry whispered in her ear.

“I love you too Harry,” Ginny whispered back and comfortably drifted into sleep with Harry holding on to her.

Harry watched her sleep and never felt happier. Even if it was for one night, at least he was with Ginny. That was all he wanted for Valentine’s Day, just the two of them.

He smiled as he rubbed her stomach.

Just the three of them.

Reviews 42
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear