Search:

SIYE Time:0:27 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


I Love You, But...
By MeganLynn05

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Drama, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: Harry and Ginny hit a bump in their relationship and have an argument. Rating for language.
Hitcount: Story Total: 6560







ChapterPrinter


I Love You, But....

These characters aren’t mine. I just put them in my own situation. Enjoy!

**

Harry Potter flopped down on the sofa next to his girlfriend and stared at her for a minute. He knew that she was upset about something, but didn’t want to push her into talking about something she probably didn’t want to talk about. He had been surprised when he saw her walk into his ministry office to apply for a job because she didn’t seem likely to actually want to work there. After she graduated from Hogwarts two years ago, she had bloomed into a beautiful person, inside and out, and he thought that she was going to work at St. Mungo’s. Shortly after she was offered, and accepted, a job offer in his department, Harry asked her out. Since she had said yes, he had been falling hopelessly in love with her. She was everything that he needed, what he defeated Voldemort for. He made a mistake he asked her to move in with him. He thought that he understood her anger and resentment after he asked her, but he after thinking about it for so long, he hadn’t even thought about why she said no. Ginny Weasley was such a proud person that she probably thought he was trying to take her independence away. Then he thought about a conversation they shared a while ago, and remembered that she wanted to live her own life in not in the shadows of her brothers or other people. He now knew who those people were, or who that person was.

“So, Ginny, do you want to sleep on the couch or in my bed and I’ll sleep out here?”

“Don’t be stupid Harry, we can share a bed, we’ve done that before,” she tried to tell him without blushing. They had never slept together, but that didn’t mean either of them were virgins. They wanted to wait before going in that direction. Not that Harry didn’t want to.

“Oh, well, I just wanted you to be comfortable.”

“I’m perfectly fine sleeping in a bed with you. It’s when I sleep the best.”

Ginny propped her legs over Harry’s knees and laid back on the couch. She was fine just lying like this, but she knew that Harry wanted to talk. She knew what he wanted to talk about as well. So she started talking, Might as well...

“OK, I know a few months ago that I was mean about not wanting to move in with you but I’ve thought it over now. If the offer still stands, I would love to live with you,” Ginny held her breath for a moment. She didn’t know what he was going to say, but she wasn’t going to give an excuse for how she acted, if that was what he was going to talk about. She had acted like a child, but she realized recently that she had been wrong in her reasoning.

“Actually, I was going to talk to you about that. I’m 20 now, and even though that’s young, I’m ready to start a family, be settled down, you know? But you aren’t even 19. I would ask to marry you, but you told me that you wanted to wait for a while before settling down, and I don’t want us getting married to ruin your life. Well, uh, that would be if you said yes to my proposal. I would love to have you move in with me, but it would probably be unfair to the both of us.” Harry took a deep breath. He hadn’t really thought about what he had said while he was talking, but going over the words in his head, he started to regret the way he worded it.

“Do you want to break up? Don’t try saying you weren’t thinking about it, because that’s bull. You must have been planning that speech for a while. Why wait until now to spill it on me?” Ginny was now off the couch and storming over to her bags, that she had packed from the Burrow for her short stay with Harry, that were still by the door.

“If you don’t appreciate what we have, then fine, I don’t need to stay with you. I was thinking about how hard it was going to be to break my birthday plans with you because my brothers were coming home for Ron and Hermione‘s wedding. I just, ugh, I love you, and I wanted to be with you for who knows how long. I was willing to work out certain parts of our lives, but you don’t even seem to want to think about it.”

“Now hold on a minute!” Harry had been listening calmly to what Ginny was
saying, but she wasn’t even making sense. Now, he was just angry.

“I never even thought about breaking it off with you. Just so you know, I love you too, I don’t even want to think about losing you. I just wanted to talk about how serious we really were. We were never clear about it and I wanted to talk about it. I want to marry you, and I want to have little ones running around my flat, but then I thought about you. You’re younger than me, by a year, I know, but that‘s enough to make a difference. While I’m ready to get married, you aren’t even ready to move in with me. Now get your hand off the doorknob and get your dumb facts straight before you fling accusations!”

Ginny stood by the door shocked. She had thought that she had seen every side of her boyfriend, but this anger was new. In fact, she found him quite appealing when he was this heated. With tears in her eyes, so she walked up to Harry and wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into his neck. He tightly wrapped arms around her waist and laid his head on her shoulder. They stood there for a long while, not wanting to talk anymore. They had said enough for now. He took them to his bedroom and laid them both down to rest with her back to his chest and his arm thrown loosely over her waist. Harry kissed Ginny’s shoulder and neck before falling asleep.

When Ginny woke up, the first thing that she noticed was that she was in her boyfriend’s bed, but he wasn’t there. She rolled out of bed slowly and walked out of Harry’s bedroom. She walked towards the bathroom and heard the shower running, so she went into the kitchen to get some breakfast. She was still upset about last night, but she hadn’t been up to arguing last night because she was just drained from a long day. Today she wasn’t going to let him get the best of her, and they would discuss where their relationship was headed. But first, she had a date with Captain Crunch, her favorite Muggle cereal.

Harry walked back into his bedroom after a nice relaxing, cold shower. He
saw Ginny in his kitchen, so he got dressed leisurely, knowing that she would want to talk. When he was finally done getting dressed, he came out of his room to find Ginny on the couch watching TV, cartoons?, and eating cereal. She looked happy, peaceful, but it was probably because she didn’t know that he was in the room.

“Morning baby. Did you sleep well?”

“I slept fine, and you know it. Now, come and sit down. I now it’s early, but I have to meet up with the bride later, so let’s get this talk out of the way, okay?"

“Oh, yeah, that‘s fine. Let me just get what I have to say out of the way. I want a family, and soon. I’m pretty young, yeah, and I don’t even know if you want kids or even if you want to get married and... I’m sorry. I just, want to be with you, but a family is starting to take a little more importance to me, and I need to know if you want marry me or not,” Harry let out a nervous laugh. Um, I think I just proposed, Harry thought to himself.

“Did you just propose to me?” Ginny was shocked. Maybe a talk like what she wanted was too superficial. She knew that he loved her, but she didn’t know that a family was so significant to him.

“I think I did. So, what do you think?” Harry didn’t think that their conversation would actually go the way that it did, but he wasn’t about to back down from what he said.

“Oh, I didn’t expect that. But I have to give you an honest answer, and to
be honest, I would love to be your wife.”

“Are you serious? I mean, if what I said was a proposal and what you said was a yes, we would be engaged, right?” Harry had stood up in the process of figuring out what had just happened, but he was grinning like mad.

“Then I think we are engaged, because you definitely just made a proposal and I definitely said yes.”

Ginny stood up, too, as Harry yelled hurray and picked her up and swung her around. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms were around his neck. She felt a tear run down her cheek without knowing because she just realized that her dream had come true. She hadn’t had a dream about marrying him since she was 13 years old, but at that moment she realized that Harry and her were having their dreams come true. Harry was getting a family of his own and Ginny was marrying Harry. As a cherry on top, Ginny was getting a family of her own and Harry was marrying Ginny.

**

I hope you all like that. It took me a while to have it all written out, but I got it.


Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear