Search:

SIYE Time:1:39 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Baby
By Phire Ise

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: Death
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 15
Summary: Ginny has always been the baby of the family, and she doesn't like it much. That is, until her mother dies. Songfic to the song The Baby by Blake Shelton
Hitcount: Story Total: 4561







ChapterPrinter


The Baby

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or anything to do with it. The song belongs to somebody not me. It's The Baby by Blake Shelton.

---My brother said that I

was rotten to the core.

I was the youngest child,

so I got by with more.---

"You're spoiled rotten," Ron snapped at his little sister stomping up the stairs. Ginny ran after him. "But, Ronnie! I never meant to," she said close to tears. Ron turned around. "You're the youngest so you get everything! Do you think that's fair, because I don't." Ginny's eyes filled with tears. "Oh, quit your crying you spoiled brat," Ron spat slamming his door. Ginny burst into tears and went running down to the kitchen. "Mummy!" Ginny ran and looked up at her mummy. "Ronnie yelled at me and called me rotten," Ginny sobbed and a fresh new wave of tears came. "Awww, baby," Molly sighed sitting down and pulling her youngest child into her lap. "Ron just gets a little jealous, because you're my baby." Ginny crossed her arms stubbornly. "I'm not a baby, Mummy, I'm four years old," she said trying not to cry anymore. "You're my baby, Ginny, and don't you forget it.

---I guess she was tired by

the time I came along.

She'd laugh until she cried,

I could do no wrong.

She would always save me,

because I was her baby.---

Ginny stared at the broken vase. "Ohhhh, you broke it!" Fred yelled in amusement. "Mum is going to kill you, Gin," said George matter-of-factly. Molly came stomping into the room. "What was that shatter I heard?" She yelled glraing at Fred and George. "We didn't do it!" George said defensively. "Ginny, did it! Honest!" Fred exclaimed. Molly looked at Ginny who puts her hands behind her back and hung her head. "I didn't mean to," she said trying her hardest not to cry. "I-I," Ginny started to cry. Molly started laughing and pulled Ginny to her in a strong embrace. "It's okay, it's not like you meant to," Molly said, still laughing. Fred and George watched with open mouths. She would have killed them if they'd done that.

---I worked a factory in Ohio,

a shrimp boat in the Bayou,

I drove a truck in Birmingham.

Turned 21 in Cincinnati,

I called home to mom and daddy,

I said "Your boy is now a man."

She said "I don't care if you're 80,

you'll always be my baby."---

Ginny dialed her parents. Harry had finally talked them into getting one, as it was much easier for him to just pick up the phone instead of getting the floor powder sticking his head in and all that. "Mum, I'm now a woman..I'm twentyone, the legal age for everything," Ginny said. She definately wasn't a baby anymore. Twentyone was an adult, and she wanted her mum and dad to know that she was now a woman, an adult, not a baby. "Honey, I don't care if you're eighty," Molly's old and tired voice rang out. "You'll always be my baby." Ginny gave a heavy sigh. She didn't want to be a baby. "I guess to my mother that's what I'll always be, a baby." Ginny thought dully.

---She loved that photograph,

of our whole family.

She'd always point us out,

for all her friend's to see.

That's Greg he's doing great,

he really loves his job.

And Ronnie with his 2 kids,

how 'bout that wife he's got.

And that one's kinda crazy,

but that one is my baby.---

"That's Percy, he works for the ministry you know, and he's loving it," Molly said beaming proudly, pointing out Percy in the family portrait. "And that's my Ron, he's married, to Hermione Granger, well used to be Granger, and they've got two beautiful daughters." Molly pointed out Ron. Molly smiled when she got to Ginny. "This is Ginny, she's just a little crazy," Molly sighed. "But she's my baby, she lives in London, she's dating Harry Potter, you know," Molly beamed across the room at him.



---I got a call in Alabama,

said come on home to Louisiana

and come as fast as you can fly.

Cause your momma really needs you,

and says she's got to see you,

she might not make it through the night.

The whole way I drove 80

so she could see her baby.---

"Hello?" Ginny answered the phone groggily. It was two o'clock in the morning. Who would have the nerve to call and wake her up. "Ginny? It's Bill," came his sad voice. "Bill?" Ginny was suddenly wide awake. "What's going on? Is everything ok?" she asked with concern. "It's Mum, the doctor doesn't think she'll make it through the night," he said, his voice breaking. Ginny felt the tears escape her eyes. "She's asking for you Ginny, she needs you," Bill continued. Ginny took a deep breath. "I'll be there, Bill, tell the family," she said starting to cry harder. "I will, and Ginny?" Ginny wiped her eyes, but continued to cry. "Yeah?" Bill paused on the other end. "It will be okay, Ginny," he said faintly.

---She looked like she was sleepin'

and my family had been weepin'

by the time that I got to her side.

And I knew that she'd been taken,

and my heart it was breakin',

I never got to say goodbye.---

Ginny rushed into the hospital room Molly was in. She came to an immediate hault when she saw people crying and holding eachother. Ginny rushed to the bedside and gasped. "Mummy?" she whispered hoarsely. "Mummy, wake up," Ginny's voice became more urgent. She looked at her family. Ron was holding Hermione, his faced burried in her neck crying. Fred was facing the wall, with his head against, looking too shocked to cry. George was next to Fred, staring at his mother's body. She didn't see Billy, Charlie, or Percy. Ginny looked back at her mother. How could she have died before Ginny had even gotten there? It wasn't fair. Not at all.

---I softly kissed that lady

and cried just like a baby.---

Ginny softly kissed her mother on the cheek. "I love you Mummy," Ginny whispered in her ear. "I'll always be your baby." Ginny started to cry. She cried harder than she'd ever known. She turned and held her arms out to Harry. He stepped to her and enveloped her into his arms. Ginny shook with her sobs. She didn't want to be an adult anymore. She wanted to be a baby again. Ginny wanted to be her mummy's baby just like she used to be.
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear