Search:

SIYE Time:10:53 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Watermelon and Fresh-Cut Grass
By Irish_Lass08

- Text Size +

Category: Summer-Fun Challenge (2004-3)
Characters:None
Genres: Comedy, Fluff
Warnings: Extreme Language
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 20
Summary: Ginny, Harry, and Ron go to Hermione's for a weekend at the carnival. Join them as relationships change before their very eyes.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4318







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer: You know what belongs to our dear friend, JK Rowling. And if it belonged to me, I'd be eating some of my life-time supply of vanilla pudding. I doooo love vanilla pudding...


Watermelons and Fresh-Cut Grass



A seventeen year old Hermione Granger sat at her bedroom window, staring across the street. She’d been doing this a lot lately, staring and thinking. The following year would be her last at Hogwarts, and then she’d be going off to Auror training with Ron and Harry. Just thinking about it made Hermione excited and sad at the same time. She wanted to go; she was excited to start her real life, but leaving the safety of Hogwarts felt so scary to her.

The safety issue wasn’t the only thing that made Hermione fear leaving. She didn’t want to leave one of her best friends behind. Ever since the summer before their sixth year, Ginny had become a part of their group. She went everywhere with them, she shared inside jokes with them, and she helped them with their usual battles against Voldemort. But next September, Ginny would go off to Hogwarts, and Hermione, Ron, and Harry would go off to London for their Auror training. All Hermione wanted was one more chance, before the craziness of the school year started, to have some time with Ginny, just the four of them.

Without even realizing it, Hermione was watching the solution to her problem unfold before her eyes. Literally. Two men were unfolding a flag on it which read the words ‘The Kings and Queens Carnival’ in bright red block letters. Behind the two men, people were unloading trucks, setting up booths, and putting together rides. It was amazing to watch.

Hermione continued watching the carnival being set up for almost an hour. It looked like it would be fun to attend. There were roller coasters and Ferris Wheels, bearded ladies and freaks, food stands and prize booths, games and even a house of mirrors. Hermione was so immersed in watching three men trying to feed an elephant that she didn’t notice her mum come in and sit down next to her on the window seat.

"I see you’ve been watching this, too," her mum whispered into Hermione’s ear, causing her daughter to jump.

"Oh, mum!" Hermione said, shocked. "I didn’t hear you come in. Yeah, this is really cool to watch."

Hermione’s mum turned and looked out the window, then continued to speak. "I had an idea," she said. "How about you invite Harry, Ron, and Ginny here for the weekend? You four can go to the carnival and have some fun. Lord knows you need it."

Hermione jumped up and hugged her mum. "That’s brilliant!" she screamed. "Mum, you’re a genius!"

"What can I say?" her smiling mum replied. "It runs in the family."

~*~

Dear Ron,

I know I just wrote to you yesterday, but my mum had the most brilliant idea! I was looking out my window and I saw a bunch of Muggles setting up a carnival across the street. My mum said that you, Harry, and Ginny can come stay with us from tomorrow until Sunday, and we can attend the carnival.

I know what you’re thinking. "What’s a carnival?" It’s a Muggle party thing. There are rides and games and food. Yeah, now you’ll have to come, if there’s food.

Write back soon! I wanna know if you’ll come. Pass it on to Harry and Ginny, too.

Love, Hermione.

~*~

Hermione-

I’m not that dense! Everyone knows what a carnival is! Of course we’ll come. We’ll pick up Harry on the way there. See you tomorrow!

-Ron

~*~

"Ron!" Ginny yelled from the car. "If you don’t hurry up we’re going to be late!"

"I know, I know!" Ron said, tugging his trunk to the car that Mr. Weasley had rented from the Ministry for the kids to take to the Granger’s. "I’m coming!"

Ron climbed into the driver’s seat and started the car. The two teens waved at their parents from the car, and slowly backed out of the driveway. They turned down the road and sped off towards Surrey.

Ginny reached for the radio and adjusted it to the Wireless Wizarding Network. The Weird Sisters were playing, and Ginny had a flashback to her third year at Hogwarts.

"Right," said Ron, "This is getting stupid. Ginny, you can go with Harry, and I’ll just -"

"I can’t" said Ginny, and she went scarlet too. "I’m going with - with Neville."


Ginny had been so close to having all her dreams come true. If Neville hadn’t asked her to that ball, or if she hadn’t said yes, or if Harry had asked her earlier, all her dreams could have come true. She could be going out with Harry right now. She had envisioned that night so many times, but her mind always drifted back to the real thing. In her fantasies, Harry had taken her, and he had fallen in love with her the second they started dancing. They spent half of the night at a table, just talking and telling each other their deepest secrets, and the other half was spent dancing delicately across the floor. And, of course, every daydream ended in a kiss.

Reality was far from that. The night was spent with her wincing all night, her feet getting stepped on by Neville. She also had spent quite some time watching Harry and Parvati dance. She wished she could say she hadn’t been jealous because it was obvious that Harry hadn’t had any fun that night, but she was. Watching him hold Parvati so close hurt her, even if she didn’t want to admit it.

And now... she didn’t know where she stood, Harry-wise. They had become good friends during the past year, but nothing romantic. She had long since gotten over her crush on him, but he would always hold a special place in her heart. You can’t just forget your first love, especially if he has saved your life. She just hoped someday she could repay him for that.

"Yo, Ginny!" Ron was saying as Ginny came out of her daze. "I asked you a question."

"Er," said Ginny. "I wasn’t paying attention. What did you say?"

Ron shook his head before continuing. "I asked if you want to stop for lunch after we pick up Harry?"

"Yeah, sure," said Ginny, distracted, "That sounds fine."

"Alright," said Ron, after giving Ginny a funny look.

~*~

The two drove in silence for a little while, the only noise the radio and the sound of Ginny’s quill, scratching away on the parchment on her lap. She had just gotten into this phase of writing poetry. It was mediocre poetry, but it helped her get her feelings out. She didn’t realize how relaxing it was until a few weeks ago. Up until then, the only poetry she’d written was the poem for Harry when she was a first year.

She looked down at the page and reread what she had written. Until that moment, she thought she was over him. Until that moment, she was wrong.


‘You hear in fairy tales
Where they all end up together
I want this to happen to me
For someone to love me forever

I feel like this
When I'm with you
You make me smile
Like not many do

Thinking of you
Makes my feelings grow
Like making my heart skip a beat
Which I cannot show

I get butterflies in my tummy
My hands start to sweat
I see you coming near
Just like we first met

I love you so much
I never want to lose you
You mean the world to me
I hope you love me too’

Yep. Ginny was still in way over her head.

~*~

Ginny and Ron pulled up to 4 Privet Drive after the two hour drive. Ginny was a little antsy, sitting in the car for so long, so she went up to the door to get Harry. Shortly after ringing the bell, the door swung open. There, standing in the doorway, was the largest human being Ginny had ever laid eyes on. She had heard stories from Harry, Ron, Fred, and George, so she knew instantly it was Dudley.

He looked her up and down, his eyes pausing on her chest. He made a noise of appreciation, to which Ginny replied with by crossing her arms and clearing her throat.

"Yeah, I’m up here," said she. Unlike most guys, whose heads would snap up instantly, his lingered on her breasts before moving up. "I’m looking for Harry Potter. You must be Dudley."

"Wait..." Dudley said, deep in thought, something obviously not normal for him. "You’re one of them, aren’t you?"

"One of what, exactly?" Ginny said with a warning tone.

"One of those freaks." Dudley said, oblivious to Ginny’s glaring eyes.

Ginny felt rage boil up inside of her, but she fought it. She was probably the only Weasley who could manage to fight their anger, other than her dad, but he even had problems sometimes.

"Ginny?" Harry said from behind Dudley. "I’m ready to go."

"Wait," Dudley started, "You’re leaving? Do mum and dad know about this?"

"No, I don’t believe they do. But, you see, I’m seventeen, which means that I’m now of age to do magic." Dudley gasped when Harry said magic; much like the wizarding world did whenever someone mentioned Voldemort. "So unless you want a tail, get the hell out of my way."

Dudley scampered down the hall, his hand on his butt, looking like he was eleven again.

"Hey Gin," Harry said, hugging Ginny. "Sorry about that big tub-o-lard. He’s kind of an arse."

"Kind of?" Ginny said, smiling. "The entire time I was here, his eyes didn’t leave my breasts."

"Well, they are quite nice," said Harry, smirking.

Ginny smacked his arm playfully. "That’s nice, Potter. Makes me feel like you really appreciate me as a woman."

"Oh, yeah," Harry said, still smirking. "I appreciate your womanhood VERY much."

Ginny laughed, astonished. Harry was obviously quite happy these days, and that made her happy. She was about to say something else when a loud yell came from the other room.

"BOY!" the voice screamed.

Harry whispered to Ginny, "I’m gonna have to deal with this. I’m sorry in advance."

"Sorry?" Ginny asked, confused, "For what?"

"Him." Harry said simply as a large man who was very red in the face stomped into the room.

"BOY!" Mr. Vernon Dursley yelled. "WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT YOU PLANNING ON LEAVING HERE?!?"

"Oh, that’s right, I haven’t told you yet." Harry said, his voice dripping with false cheerfulness. "I’m moving out."

"AND WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU PLAN ON MOVING TO?!?" Vernon screamed.

"Oh, right. I should tell you that." Harry said, pretending he had forgotten accidentally. "I’m going to my friend Hermione’s for the weekend, and then I’m going to the Weasleys’ for the rest of the summer. After I graduate school, I’m going to Auror training, and then I’ll be on my own." Harry said, smiling.

Ginny looked up at Harry when he mentioned the part about staying at the Weasley’s. No one had informed her of this. Why did no one tell her anything anymore? Actually, no one ever told her anything. It sucks being the youngest, she thought.

"FINE! THEN GET OUT AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR UGLY AND FREAK-LIKE FACE AGAIN!" Vernon screamed, ripping large chunks out of his mustache.

"I won’t come back, but I can’t promise you won’t see an ugly face ever again. You’ve got to look in the mirror, at your wife, and at your son the rest of your life." Harry said, almost regretting it when he saw how red Vernon’s face got. Then he remembered... As of three days ago, he was of age. Which meant that he didn’t have to be pushed around anymore.

"BOY!" Vernon was screaming, yet again, but Harry just opened the door, holding it out for Ginny, and ignored his uncle screaming at him.

"Ladies first," said Harry.

Ginny smiled up at him and walked out the door, with Harry closely following her.

"Well," said Ginny as they stepped outside. "That was interesting."

"Yeah," Harry replied. "Thank God I never have to return to that Hell-hole again."

Ginny smiled and they walked to the car. Ginny got in the back and Harry got into the front seat. Ron looked up at their smiling faces.

"Why are you guys so happy?" he asked suspiciously. "And what took you so long?"

"Don’t get any ideas, Ron," Ginny said. "Harry and his uncle were just having a nice... conversation."

Harry smiled then turned to Ron. "It’ll be okay for me to stay with you guys for the rest of the summer, right?" he asked, "Because I just pretty much told my uncle to bugger off, so I don’t think they’d be very willing to take me back."

Ron laughed. "Of course you can. We’re always ready to take you in. Mum already figured you were staying here. You know how much she hates those relatives of yours."

Harry smiled, and they backed out of the driveway. That was hopefully the last time he’d ever have to lay eyes on that house again.

~*~

About an hour later, the three pulled up in front of a large American-style diner. It was filled with Muggles, so Harry, being the only one familiar with Muggle objects, decided to do all the talking.

They walked inside and sat down at a booth in the corner. Ginny and Ron were looking around, amazed at all the Muggle appliances. Ginny’s eyes rested on the TV that was on over the counter, and her eyes widened.

"I thought you said their pictures don’t move, Harry?" she said.

"Oh, they don’t." Harry said. "That’s called a television. Ask your Muggle Studies professor about it."

Ginny nodded, and continued searching the room with her eyes.

There was a group of teenage boys in the booth opposite from them, and they were all looking at Ginny in a way Ron, Harry, and Ginny did not like. Ginny suddenly felt very aware of the way she was dressed. She was wearing short shorts, a tank top, flip-flops, hoop earrings, and she had her hair in long pigtail braids that looked anything but little girlish. She had been expecting a short ride and then an afternoon at the carnival, and since it was a nice day out, something rare in England, she had figured she’d be dressed perfectly. But now these men were staring at her like they were ready to do some very inappropriate things to her.

"Harry," she said, suddenly getting an idea. "Give me your sweatshirt."

Harry had been wearing a sweatshirt he had gotten from his aunt and uncle when they were questioned by Moony, who obviously scared them, about why all Harry’s clothes were to big, so the sweatshirt fit him perfectly. He handed it to Ginny, who immediately put it on. Harry was much taller than her, so it was a bit too big, but it covered her up nicely.

Harry noticed himself thinking very mean thoughts about those boys, and he didn’t know why. He also noticed himself thinking about how Ginny looked just right in his clothes, like most girlfriends do in their boyfriend’s clothes. What was going on?

"Why were you wearing that, anyways?" Ron asked Harry. "It’s burning hot outside."

Harry just shrugged. "I didn’t really think about my clothes this morning. It was cold earlier, so I just figured it would be all day."

"Don’t you read the Daily Prophet?" Ron asked. "They always give an exact forecast of the weather."

"Ron, I live with Muggles. Do you really think I’d be reading the Daily Prophet?"

Ron was about to reply when the waitress walked up.

"I’m Raelene and I’ll be your server today," she said in a poorly done American accent. "What can I get you?"

"Er, I’ll take the American-style hamburger." Ginny said.

"I’ll have that also, but with cheese, please." Harry ordered.

"I’ll have the buffalo wings please." said Ron, happily.

"Okay, that’ll be out in just a second," the waitress said in her second poor attempt at an American accent.

She walked away, and Harry noticed the men still staring at Ginny. He felt like he should say something, but instead he just glared at them. Slowly the men turned away, but not in a very happy looking way.

After eating their food, they paid the bill and turned to leave. Ginny felt all the boys’ eyes on her bum as she left, so she pulled Harry’s sweatshirt down farther.

Harry decided to show up the boys as they were leaving, so he put his arm around Ginny’s shoulder. Ginny, understanding what he was doing, leaned against Harry and tucked her hand in his back pocket. As they were walking out the door, Harry turned and gave the boys one last dirty look, then continued on the way.

They got into the car, all three of them laughing at the looks on the boys’ faces.

"Best be off then, eh?" Ron said, and started up the car.

Ginny leaned her head against the seat and closed her eyes. She let the gentle rocking of the car drift her off to sleep.

~*~

Three hours later, the friends pulled up in front of an average sized brick house. Sitting on the front steps was -

"HERMIONE!" Ginny screamed, running up to her friend and giving her a huge hug. "YOU LOOK AMAZING! IT’S SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!"

Hermione laughed as she hugged her friend back. "Gin, I saw you a month ago."

Ginny smiled. "I know... but still..."

Ron and Harry carried the three trunks up to Hermione’s door.

"Hey ‘Mione," said Harry, giving her a friendly hug. "It’s good to see you again."

"You too, Harry," she replied. "And DON’T call me ‘Mione."

Harry laughed and gave her a peck on the cheek. Then he and Ginny carried the three trunks inside.

"Hi..." Ron said awkwardly. He hadn’t seen Hermione since last year and she seemed to have gotten, if it was possible, even more beautiful.

"Well don’t just stand there, Ronald Weasley!" She said, her eyes twinkling. "Give me a hug!"

Ron smiled and pulled her into his arms, in a hug that was WAY more than friendly. "God, I’ve missed you."

"I’ve missed you, too," she said, smiling up at him.

Then, Hermione did something uncharacteristic of her and very spontaneous. She reached up, pulled his head to hers, and gave him a huge kiss.

Ron first jerked back, taken aback. Hermione looked up at him, just as shocked as he. Then, surprising them both, Ron grabbed her and kissed her back. Soon, they melted into each others kisses.

During it all, all Hermione could think was, This is good... this is right. And all Ron was thinking was, Holy crap I’m kissing Hermione. Holy crap I’m kissing Hermione. Holy Crap I’m...

~*~

From upstairs in Hermione’s bedroom, Ginny and Harry were watching with smiles on their faces.

"It’s about time!" Ginny said.

"I know! We’ve been waiting for this since they first met each other." said Harry.

Ginny looked over at Harry, who was still watching Hermione and Ron with a smile on his face. He was so perfect, it was obvious. Someone who cares about their friends so much was probably the best boyfriend humanly possible. But no, Ginny thought, I gave up on that loooooong ago!

After watching the two for a while, Harry and Ginny both decided that they needed to go break this up if they wanted to go to the carnival. They walked downstairs and outside quietly and stood behind the two.

"Ahem," Ginny cleared her throat.

Ron and Hermione sprang apart. Both were slightly breathless and they looked astonished to find themselves outside. They were so immersed in kissing that they had forgotten there was a world around them.

"We gotta get going, lovebirds." Harry said with a grin, then he and Ginny started across the street. Hermione and Ron looked embarrassed to be caught for a second, but slowly a grin crept across both of their faces. Ron put his arm around Hermione and they started after Harry and Ginny.

~*~

"STEP RIGHT UP! STEP RIGHT UP!" "GUESS YOUR WEIGHT! I CAN GUESS YOUR WEIGHT!" "SHOOT THE DUCKS FOR A PRIZE!"

A wave of noise met the four as they walked up to the carnival. They all paid for a ticket and walked in.

Ginny grabbed Harry’s arm and held on tight. "I didn’t realize that there would be clowns here," she hissed to Hermione.

"Of course there are!" Hermione said. "It’s a carnival! Why?"

"You know my thing with spiders?" Ron said, and Hermione nodded. "Well, Ginny’s like that with clowns."

"I used to have a clown doll," Ginny started as Hermione looked at her like she was crazy. "And Fred and George bewitched it to cackle like a maniac every time I touched it." After receiving blank stares from her friends, she added, "Like you could sleep with that next to your pillow!"

Harry just shook his head with a smile and pulled her along. He stopped in front of the Ferris Wheel.

"Feel like going for a fun ride?" he asked with a smile.

"Of course!" Ginny said, hooking her arm in his.

They stepped in line for the Ferris Wheel behind a lady wearing knee high boots, a bright red leather mini skirt, and a blue lace-looking bra.

"Can you see McGonagall in that outfit?" Ginny whispered in Harry’s ear with a giggle.

"Oh, God, Ginny!" Harry said, disgusted. "How could you put that picture in my mind?!?"

Ginny just giggled as Harry gagged a few times. She was laughing so hard that she dropped her ticket. As she bent over to pick it up, a group of men behind her whistled and made cat calls. Harry spun around and glared at them.

"What, is she your girlfriend?" One of them yelled.

Ginny looked disgusted and pulled Harry away. "They’re jerks, leave it alone."

"I’m of age now, I could curse them," Harry said with a glare. He didn’t know why he felt so protective of Ginny. It definitely wasn’t a brotherly feeling.

"Don’t." Ginny said sharply. "That would be the Slytherin thing to do."

Harry nodded and left he guys alone, even though he still felt hatred for them.

They stood in line for a few more minutes before they were at the front.

"Just two?" the man running the machine asked.

Harry was about to tell him there were four before he noticed Ron and Hermione were no where to be found.

"They’re probably off snogging somewhere." Ginny whispered in his ear, reading his thoughts.

"Yeah, two." Harry said, laughing.

"Alright." the man said, and then pulled the handle bar down over the seat. "Enjoy yourselves," he added without any feeling.

"What a fun job." Ginny whispered into Harry’s ear.

"Yeah, I would definitely prefer it over the puke clean up job." said Harry, grinning.

"Ewww!" Ginny shrieked. "You couldn’t pay me to do that. Not for a thousand galleons!"

Harry laughed. He didn’t realize he could have such a good time with only Ginny. He was definitely starting to think of her as more than just a friend.

"So..." he said. “Clowns, eh?"

"Augh, yes. I should never have said anything. You’ll taunt me forever!"

"Nah, I won’t. Fred and George are responsible for a lot of people fears, aren’t they?"

"Probably!" Ginny smiled. "I wouldn’t be surprised if people in Malaysia were afraid of rocks or something because of them."

After a few minutes of silence, Ginny sniffed the air and sighed.

"That’s the smell of summer," Ginny whispered. Harry looked over at her. She looked so beautiful. "Watermelon and camp fire. Cotton Candy and Fresh-cut grass."

"Do you really have these same smells at the Burrow?" Harry asked, astonished.

"It’s the same everywhere. The wizarding world, the Muggle world. We’re all connected in some way. And during summer, I think it’s the smell that connects us."

They talked the entire time they were on the Ferris Wheel. When they got to the top, Ginny sucked in her breath. The view was so beautiful. She could see all of the carnival, and quite a bit of the town.

"This is gorgeous," she muttered.

"So are you," Harry said, not thinking.

"What?" Ginny said, honestly not hearing him.

"Nothing, just mumbling." Harry said with a blush.

They didn’t say anything else for the majority of the ride, they just relaxed and looked at the sights.

As they walked off the Ferris Wheel, they spotted Ron and Hermione holding hands and walking towards them.

"Where’d you guys run off to?" Ginny asked Hermione.

"No where." Hermione said with a blush.

Harry and Ginny quickly both turned their heads ever so quickly, and smirked at each other. They both knew where their friends had been.

"Hey!" Ginny said suddenly, surprising the rest. "Let’s go in the house of mirrors!"

"Sounds fun!" said Harry.

"Sure, why not?" Hermione said, then set off, dragging Ron behind her.

Harry and Ginny followed slowly, talking all the while. Neither of them had realized exactly how much they had in common. They started talking about Quidditch, but soon they had gotten from that to the World Cup, to forth year, to the Triwizard Tournament, to dragons. They were laughing about the dragon necklace Dean had gotten her when they ran into Seamus and Lavender.

"I mean, he should have figured it would have reminded me of a different guy!" Ginny was saying. "I mean, you were my first crush!"

Harry laughed and opened his mouth to say something else when he saw a familiar face in front of him.

"Harry?" Seamus said. "What’re you doing at a Muggle carnival?"

"Hey!" Harry replied. "Hermione lives down here! What’re you guys doing here?"

Lavender answered, "We’re visiting Dean... I didn’t know he lives by Hermione!"

"I guess so!" Harry said. "That makes sense. He is Muggle-born."

"Is Dean here?" Ginny asked tentatively. She and Dean had gone through a very rough breakup.

"No, we were just on our way to visit him and we saw the carnival," Lavender said, "and it looked fun!"

"Wait..." Harry said slowly. "Are you two... a couple?"

Lavender smiled as Seamus wrapped his arms around her. "We sure are," he said.

"That’s great!" Ginny said with a big smile. "You guys have fun, but we gotta go find Hermione and Ron."

"Alright, seeya later!"

"Yupp, bye!" Ginny said, and then pulled Harry off towards the house of mirrors.

"That’s really good," Ginny said, smiling. "About Seamus and Lavender."

"Yeah, they’re good together. They had a lot of fun at the Yule Ball." Harry said.

The mention of the Yule Ball reminded Ginny of the poem she had written before. The parchment was in her purse right now. Her face burned at the thought of Harry finding it. How would she explain that?

They arrived at the house of mirrors and went in to find Ron and Hermione. It proved to be easier said than done. The second they walked in, they had to grab hands to not lose each other. The building was filled with mirrors, so it seemed as if you were surrounded by billions of yourself. They both wandered through, holding hands. Eventually, they found themselves stuck in a corner.

"Well..." Ginny said, "We seem to be stuck."

Harry laughed, "Thank you, captain obvious."

The two started feeling the walls, trying to get out of the corner they were stuck in.

"You know what?" Ginny finally said, plopping down. "I’m tired of looking for Ron and Hermione. Let’s let them find us!"

"Sounds good to me," Harry said, sitting down next to her.

"Harry... thanks," Ginny said after a slight pause.

"For what?"

"For everything today. With those guys in the diner, and then the guy at the Ferris Wheel. And for listening to my rambling. It helped. A lot. Harry, you’ve always been here for me, even though you’re going through a lot in your life. I want to make it up to you," said Ginny quickly.

"You can make it up to me," Harry said, and he leaned in, and kissed Ginny, right then and there.

Ginny pulled back quickly. She stared at Harry and he stared at her. Had that really happened? Then, before she could have second thoughts, Ginny pounced on top of Harry, kissing him hard.

Then, for that one second, everything in the world was aligned. There was no hate, there was no fear; there was just love. Two souls, combined into one. Suddenly, the end of the year and all that would come with it wasn’t a problem. They could make it work.


A/N: Yeah, I know, it’s long. Sorry about that. What follows is going to be my Oscar-like thank you’s: First: Thanks to Kirsten for being there during my hard time. Adam: Thanks for helping me with my bro and being a great boyfriend. Brinny and Teeney: Thanks for not hating me when I was being all uptight with worry for my brother. And Bodnar: Thanks for everything. I know I didn’t like you so much in the beginning, but I saw the way you cheered Dan up when you came to the hospital and it helped him so much. Also, thanks for Kings and Queens, the funniest song on earth. Ditto to you, Thumbholes. Mom, thanks for being strong with Dan, even when you didn’t feel strong inside. Now, my biggest thanks: Thank you to Dan. For being so strong in the hospital, for fighting, and for being the best brother alive. I could never thank you enough. (Sorry about that, I’ve just gone through a rough week! Hope you liked the story!)

Oh yeah, and thanks to Fiona for the poem, and myself for being afraid of clowns!


Reviews 20
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear