Search:

SIYE Time:2:20 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Daydream Believer
By Luna_Lovegood831

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Sirius Black
Genres: Drama, Fluff, General, Humor
Warnings: Death
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 10
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Harry was back at Privet Drive. He was brooding in his room. Like the last summer, he was going back and forth between pent up anger and complete exhaustion. In one of his exhausted moments, he collapsed onto the bed and instantly fell asleep... He dreamed...
Hitcount: Story Total: 3218







ChapterPrinter


Harry paced around his room. He really felt like walking right now but he wanted to be alone. He knew if he went outside, he would be followed, and most likely, because he knew about them now, whoever his guard was would come out and talk to him. He wasn’t ready for that yet. After a few more moments of pacing, he flopped down on his bed, struck with a lethargy so complete it took mere seconds before he fell asleep.



************************************ ************************


Harry was walking along a sandy beach, waves rolling in over his feet. He walked with a purpose, though he did not know his destination. There was someone, off in the distance, sitting on a large rock looking his way. Harry was beckoned by the stranger, as he continued in the direction. Slowly, the person became bigger as Harry walked closer, and soon he saw that it was the person he most wanted to talk to.


“SIRIUS!” Harry shouted, and broke out in a run. A smile broke out on Sirius’ tired face. Harry lunged at Sirius, nearly knocking both of them to the ground.


Sirius laughed and his godson’s eagerness to see him, only because it resembled his own.


“Sirius, what’s going on?”


“Before I went, I had to see you-“


“Went where?”


“To be with your mum and dad permanently.”


Harry looked down at his feet, and Sirius sensed his guilt.


”Don’t you dare think anything like that! It was not your fault.”


“If only I hadn’t of gone–I went to save you–if only I had known…”


“Life is full of if onlys, if you hadn’t of gone then, I would have died some other way, and soon. I was going crazy, or uh, crazier, in that madhouse I have to call home. It wouldn’t have been long before I did something rash and stupid, you know me.” Sirius shrugged. “I was so proud of you when I heard you went, so proud, and so scared at the same time…” Sirius drew in a long, slow, breath, “How did you think I felt when I heard you went to save me…just about as guilty as you feel now. And STOP IT. It was NOT, I repeat NOT your fault.”


“Then who’s was it?” said Harry quietly.


“Voldemort’s, Lucius Malfoy’s, my dear, dear, cousin Bellatrix Lestrange.” Sirius spat these names with disgust. “Oh, and I saw what you did to her by the way. Too bad it didn’t work. I think Dumbledore will tell you how to work the one of the Unforgiveables soon enough. Sadly, you’ll need it. Yeah, I saw about the prophecy,” Sirius said in a low growl, “but, nothing we didn’t really figure already, right? I mean, we all thought it would come down to you and him. At least it can be done right? And it didn’t say anything about you not getting help from people that care about you.”


“I don’t want anyone else getting hurt, or possibly dying, you being gone is hard enough. I don’t know if I could take anyone else being gone.”


“Don’t push anyone away Harry,” Sirius said gently, “It won’t help. It will just make you weaker. Think of all the things you’ve gone through; the Sorcerer’s Stone, The Chamber, The Triwizard Tournament, the Ministry. Now think about going through them alone, with no help whatsoever from your friends. Not to appealing? Now if I remember correctly, you didn’t blackmail your friends into going with you… you didn’t threaten them… you didn’t make them… in fact, I believe they insisted. What makes you think you can outsmart Hermione? Out strategize Ron? Out argue Ginny? No amount of pushing is going to get rid of those three. They care about you, and that’s that. You chose them and it’s no longer your decision to be without them. That’s not even to mention the adults you still have in your life? Molly and Arthur, who think of you as a son? The brothers Weasley, especially the twins, who I doubt even you, could escape. Dumbledore, who thinks of you as a grandson, and a friend? Hagrid, whose loyalty to you and Dumbledore will never fade? McGonagall, whose first instinct was to mother you to death… who wanted you to go anywhere but the Dursley’s… who even offered to take you in? Tonks, who liked you from the first moment she met you? Moody and Kingsley, the best guards you could possibly ever have? Dung, who besides being a bit of a crook, is a really good guy, and also cares about you. Batty old Mrs. Fig, who likes you even more than her cats. And Lupin, who cares about you just as much as I did, who, in the place of me, would like to become your godfather. Seriously Harry, did you really think you could push these people away? That you wouldn’t need them? To save them, you’re going to need all the help you can get. And I am sure there are still quite a few I haven’t even mentioned.”


Harry sat quietly and thought about all Sirius said. It was true, all of it. These people cared about him, much more than he deserved in his opinion. And he would need them, before the end. He nodded to Sirius.


“Now that we have that straight,” Sirius said in a mock huffy voice, “Where are we on the girl front?” He smiled wryly.


Harry looked at him startled, and at a loss for words.


“Now that the whole wizarding world doesn’t think you’re crazy anymore, you must be one of the most eligible bachelors.” He said, nudging Harry in the ribs with his elbow. “You know,” Sirius said, with a thoughtful expression on his face, “You know who I think would be perfect for you?”


“Oh God,” Harry sighed, and braced himself for the oncoming verbal attack.


Sirius continued on, ignoring the sigh from his godson, “I think she would be perfect for you. After all you are so much like you’re father. And she is so much like your mother its just scary.”


After hearing he was like his father and there was a girl out there like his mother, Harry was interested. “Who?” He asked.


“You don’t know?” Sirius gave a false start of surprise, “Maybe, maybe I should make you guess,” He said, and evil grin spreading across his face.


“No come on, tell me.”


Sirius sat there laughing, “NO!” he said firmly, “You thought this was stupid. If I remember correctly, you said ‘Oh God.’”


“I didn’t mean it! Don’t make me grovel.”


“A little groveling would be nice.” Sirius laughed.


“PLEASE????”


“Alright, I’ll give you a clue; you know her, you’ve known her for years.”


“Hermione?”


“Man, and I thought you were quick. Nope.”


“Who else have I known for years… there’s the other 6th years, and the girls on the Quidditch team…”


“Getting close”


“You don’t even know them!”


“I know one.”


“Angelina, no, Alicia, no, Katie, no… who else was on the…” realization came to his face, “Ginny?”


“Yep. I spent a lot of time talking to her over the summer. She’s smart, hilariously funny, she told me this joke about–“ seeing the look on Harry’s face he decided to skip the joke part, “She’s really great to be around, she’s so sweet, and so strong, and giving… And as an added bonus, she is gorgeous. I think she’d be perfect for you. She’s just like your mother without the eyes, and you have those so… it fits!” Sirius concluded brightly.


“Not to mention, she has six older brothers to beat me to a pulp? But THAT’S not important, is it?” Harry smirked.


“Ahhhh, she’s strong enough to take all her brothers on and save your sorry arse.” Sirius joked. “At least promise me you’ll consider it.”


“Sirius…” Harry started


“Give me one good reason why you shouldn’t.”


“I’ll give you six! Ron, Fred, George, Bill, Charlie, and even Percy.”


“If I am not mistaken, Ron gave you a little look on the Hogwarts express last year regarding a beautiful, wonderful, spectacular young redhead, I think you could have an ally. And besides that, who else would her brothers trust more? I mean… you are the ‘Great Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived.” Is anyone else worthy to date their little sister?”


Harry just looked at Sirius and raised his eyebrows, “Seems like you’ve been doing a lot of thinking about this.”


“I’ve had several discussions with your mother and father, and they both vote for Miss Ginerva Weasley.”


“Mum and Dad?” Harry asked, his eyes glinting.



“Promise, or else I won’t tell you what they said!” Sirius smiled, so Harry knew he would either way, but the was something in that smile that made Harry take him seriously.


“I promise, if she’ll have me,” said Harry sincerely. Secretly, Harry thought about Ginny a lot, and this new idea Sirius was putting in his head of acting on his feelings was quite appealing, he just liked egging Sirius on… it was fun to watch! “So tell me what Mum and Dad said already!”


**************************** ********************************


A/n: Please review! The next chapter should be coming soon! :)
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear