Search:

SIYE Time:9:26 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reality Bites
By Trinka

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 760
Summary: Ginny is persuaded to be on a Bachelor-type reality show against her better judgement. Who is the hunk all the women are fighting over? We know him. We love him. But in my story, Ginny's never met him. NOTE: If you think you'll hate this story, read it anyway! I hate reality shows too, you know! lol Trust me, you'll love it...I proclaim in as non-arrogant a way as possible... *sweat drop*
Hitcount: Story Total: 170310; Chapter Total: 7217







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Episode Fifteen
Daft Question and a Fit of Daring



Ginny couldn’t decide if she was more embarrassed than furious or the other way around. How could they say those things about her in front of Harry? Had he really not caught on to their insinuations?


It was then that she realized that Harry was looking at her rather strangely. “What?” she asked tentatively.


“Is that how you get along with all of your brothers?”


“Thank God, no! My oldest brothers, Bill and Charlie, who were both out of school before I started, are almost like uncles to me; they don’t pick on me much and they’re great to have around when I don’t have enough money for something…plus I hardly ever get to see them — hence, uncles and not just really great brothers. Those don’t exist.” Harry laughed at this comment, but Ginny wasn’t finished yet.


“The oldest other than those two is Percy who is the complete opposite of anyone in our family. He has pretty much disowned us, and I can’t seem to dreg up any remorse about that. You saw how Fred and George treat me — and yes, it’s always like that, in case you’re wondering. Then, my youngest older brother, Ron, is just way too weird for my taste. I mean, not Fred and George weird, but just…weird. Of course, growing up with five older brothers, two of which were Head Boys, and three of which are great Quidditch players, he’s… Well, just about the only thing he’s got going for him is his height.” Ginny was thoughtful for a moment. “Though, he has fairly good taste in women. He’s been after my best friend and flat mate for years now. Speaking of Hermione…I need to remember that I’m still mad at her…”


“Wow. I wish I could forget to be mad at people.” Harry chuckled and grinned broadly as Ginny scowled at him, holding back the smile that she didn’t want him to see.


“So, what about your family?”


Harry just looked at her. “Excuse me?”


“What about — oh bloody hell! I am so sorry. Augh. I feel like such an idiot. Please forget that I even asked such a stupid question.” Ginny was beside herself with grief. What are you thinking? Are you daft?


And yet, Harry laughed. “It’s refreshing to know that someone can forget who I am every once in a while.”


Tilting her head, Ginny gazed at Harry for a moment. “I’m sorry. Who are you again?”


Harry laughed in true amusement, which Ginny took as a good sign. She had hoped that making a joke like that wouldn’t add salt to any wound made be her previous statement. Though from his expression, it didn’t seem as though there were any wounds evident.


When he finally calmed down, he looked at her seriously. “I have to say though, that you might be wrong about Fred and George.”


“Oh, am I now?” she asked disbelievingly.


“Yeah. I mean, I don’t know brothers —”


“Since you don’t have any”


“Yes. But I do know boys.”


“And that’s because you are one, correct?”


“So glad you noticed,” he replied caustically. “As I was saying, I know boys, and they don’t treat you like that because they hate you. I mean, I’m in that shop all the time, and if they ever treat someone respectfully, they rip that someone apart as soon as they leave the store. It’s the people they like that they give a hard time. Take me for example: I always brag that they give me discounts, but really…I know it’s just the same price as everyone else gets. But they told me that since I didn’t act as though I expected a discount, they decided that they wouldn’t charge me extra, as they had planned.” He shook his head slightly, amused by the expression on Ginny’s face. “So, in a way, I have a discount, because if I was as arrogant as they had expected me to be, I’d be paying double.”


“Wait a minute, though,” Ginny spoke when Harry had finished. “Why did you agree to buy the Canary Creams for me then, if you don’t have a discount?”


Ginny was surprised to see a faint blush, but she must have been imagining it, because all he said was: “I wasn’t sure you’d let my buy something for you otherwise.”


“But you didn’t. You’re going to let me pay you back for them.”


“Really? Am I?”


Before Ginny really had a chance to retaliate, Harry began speaking again.


“Do you know what time it is?”


Harrumphing facetiously, Ginny responded. “Not precisely, but I can guess based on the conversation our stomachs are having.”


“Mine isn’t talking,” Harry said, almost defensively.


“What? You stomach is too good to talk to my stomach?” Harry laughed.


“I can’t believe we’re having a conversation like this! Let’s just go get something to eat…you know, before my stomach lessens itself by responding to yours.”


Ginny stuck her tongue out and followed Harry down the street.


A half an hour later, they were busy consuming food in the classiest restaurant in Diagon Alley. Seated in a private dining room they hardly ate privately, what with the cameras around. Their conversations were less in-depth since their food was keeping them pretty well occupied. Despite its reputation, the food really wasn’t all that spectacular and considering how long it had taken Ginny to decide what she wanted to eat anyway, it really didn’t seem worth the trouble.


Harry paid and as they were leaving she boldly spoke. “If I’m still on the show after the next rose ceremony, maybe we could just eat at a fast-food place on our next date instead.”


“You don’t like sit-down restaurants either?” he asked in return.


“Either? You mean you don’t? Why in the world did we go there if neither of us likes sit-down restaurants?”


“I figured it was what Connie would expect.” Ginny nodded at this comment, but she didn’t leave it at that.


“You know, Connie isn’t here. And these cameramen aren’t going to stop us from doing something that Connie wouldn’t approve of. Heck, I’ve already just about gotten chewed out for something else that I’ve done ‘wrong’ on this show, and I would have just as rather said ‘screw Connie. Let’s eat at a muggle McDonald’s!’” Looking around she saw that the cameras were a safe distance away (thank goodness) and so did not regret her words at all.


“Alright,” Harry began. “Next time I’ll take you to McDonald’s or wherever else you might like to eat instead. Is it a deal?”


“Absolutely,” Ginny responded, trying to stay calm. Not ‘if you’re still around for the next date I’ll take you there,’ but ‘next time I’ll take you there’! Ooooh! Could it be? And in a fit of daring, Ginny reached out and tentatively grasped Harry’s hand.


Smiling directly into her eyes, Harry squeezed her hand and the two resumed walking. Or rather, Harry resumed walking while Ginny floated beside him.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


A/N: Sorry I'm posting so randomly, but at least I'm posting :) Thank you everyone for your reviews, I really appreciate them and I wouldn't mind a few more *winks* As of now I have written up to chapter 26 so I hope you continue reading and enjoy the story!
Reviews 760
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear