Search:

SIYE Time:20:51 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reality Bites
By Trinka

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 760
Summary: Ginny is persuaded to be on a Bachelor-type reality show against her better judgement. Who is the hunk all the women are fighting over? We know him. We love him. But in my story, Ginny's never met him. NOTE: If you think you'll hate this story, read it anyway! I hate reality shows too, you know! lol Trust me, you'll love it...I proclaim in as non-arrogant a way as possible... *sweat drop*
Hitcount: Story Total: 170325; Chapter Total: 6954







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Episode Twenty-Nine
In Need of a Pensieve


She turned away from Harry and took her hand back to place lightly against her mouth should any sound try to escape.


I’m sorry, she wanted to say, but she knew that if she opened her mouth, no words would materialize. She would not allow herself to cry.


“Ginny…” Harry rested his hand on her shoulder but didn’t try to turn her around to face him, for which Ginny was exceedingly grateful. He just left his hand there, periodically squeezing her shoulder lightly as she composed herself.


Wiping the lone tear that had escaped her eye as she had swallowed to rid her throat of the lump, Ginny turned back to Harry, smiling tremulously.


His face was confused, but not hurt. He swiped a finger across her cheek where the tear had been and cupped her cheek in his hand. The lump was back in her throat.


She closed her eyes and took a shaky breath as his fingers slid down her face and almost wept anew as his contact left.


She opened her eyes suddenly and he was still looking at her, smiling reassuringly, assuring her that it was alright, he wasn’t upset.


The feeling that welled up inside her at this felt as though it would burst through her skin.


Maybe I really do love him, the rational side of her finally confessed.


Gently, Harry took up her hand again and began talking, purposefully keeping her mind from dwelling on what had just happened.


“My godfather is really looking forward to meeting you. I told him that Fred and George are your brothers and he about went nuts. He claims that those two take after him and my father and their friends when they were young.” Ginny looked decidedly skeptical. “I assure you, he meant it as a compliment.”


“Sure, a compliment for them, perhaps,” she said with a laugh to cover up the shakiness in her voice. “But I don’t see what that has to do with me.”


He gave her a very shrewd grin before answering. “Don’t think I didn’t see what you did to the twins before you left the shop.” His eyes sparkled with laughter. “How did you get those words to blink, anyway?”


“Oh that’s nothing,” Ginny said with mock arrogance, “You should see my bat-bogey hex.”


Harry’s eyes widened alarmingly. “Remind me not to make you mad at me again. I’m not exactly sure what that hex would do but it sounds decidedly unpleasant.”


“You have no idea,” Ginny cackled at him as he produced a perfectly horrified shiver and took to laughing with her.


“No, but really; I think if you wanted to you could be just as mischievous as they are. Maybe even more so, because I wager you received better marks than they did in school.”


“Oh, indeed!” Ginny laughed. “They didn’t even finish school. They left in the middle of the term their last year. Mum was furious.”


Harry pulled a concerned face. “I can imagine. Your mum must be frightening when she’s upset.” Ginny just nodded, laughing. “So,” Harry said by way of changing the topic again. “Did you make up this bat-bogey hex?”


“I wish, but no. I found it in a book during one of my forays to the library in the middle of the night at school.” Harry quirked an eyebrow. “I know you didn’t think invisibility cloaks are the only way to sneak around undetected.”


Harry barked a laugh, smiling amusedly at Ginny. This is painful, Ginny thought as they sat staring into each others’ eyes.


Ginny turned away at length to stare out the window, squinting in the light of the lowering sun.


“She told you, didn’t she?” Harry asked out of nowhere.


Knowing exactly what he was talking about, but not wanting to admit it, Ginny asked “Told me what?” without looking away from the window


“You’re going to make me say it, huh?” Ginny turned to give Harry her most innocent face which made Harry all the more certain that she wasn’t as ignorant as she claimed. “Trista told you that I kissed her,” Harry said quietly.


“Yes,” Ginny answered him without pause. “Yes she did.”


“May I explain?”


“There’s really no need to. I really don’t need to know anything about it.”


There was a wounding silence. “Please don’t do that,” Harry whispered in anguish.


“Don’t do what?” Ginny asked, this time genuinely confused.


“Don’t act like you don’t care. It’s obvious you do and you think that pretending you don’t care will make it hurt less but it really only makes it worse.”


Ginny’s eyebrows lowered dangerously. “You don’t know me,” she accused. “You don’t know why I do what I do. You don’t know how I feel. Don’t assume that you do.”


“Ginny,” Harry said in a tone both dangerous and pleading.


“You have no idea what it did to me to have Trista tell me that. You have no idea how much it hurt to know you were about to kiss me and to realize that it wasn’t as special to you as it would have been to me. You have no idea how much I would beat myself up if kissing you ended up upsetting Trista.” Ginny stopped to take a breath, for the first time realizing that she wasn’t breathing properly. “You don’t know anything.”


“I kissed Trista when I thought that you had been lying to me. I kissed her when I thought that I would be sending you home and that Janice would soon be following her. You,” he said with emphasis, using her own words against her “have no idea how guilty I felt about kissing her when I realized Janice had been lying, not you. You have no idea how much I wished I hadn’t kissed Trista because of the unfairness of it. You have no idea…” he paused as though he wasn’t sure he wanted to finish his sentence. When he did, his voice was harsh with emotion. “how much I want to kiss you right now.”


The hair on Ginny’s arms stood on end. It felt as though every nerve in her body was working on over time and if he touched her, her soul would explode out of her skin. She wanted that contact. She wanted to burst out of herself. She wanted him to kiss her.


With the greatest of tenderness, Harry reached his hand up to her face. With his thumb, he traced her slightly parted lips. The other hand came up to cup her cheek. She moved her face into his touch as though she were a kitten. He smiled. His hand moved to the nape of her neck, playing with the shorter hair as his other hand came up to continue exploring her face.


That was it. Not being able to hold herself back, Ginny reached up to tangle her hands in his hair. With a moan of pleasure at the contact that practically melted Ginny where she sat, Harry gently pulled her face to his own.


His lips were soft and warm. Involuntarily her tongue flicked out to taste his lips. It was instinct; after having been engaged for so long that was the way she was used to kissing. The effect it had on Harry, however sent her head reeling, as it seemed to do to Harry. A noise issued from deep in his throat; a noise that conveyed both shock and desperation for more. After what seemed to him an invitation (and, probably, subconsciously, it was, for Ginny did not object) Harry tenderly outlined her upper lip with his tongue. Involuntarily, Ginny’s fist tightened in his hair.


The kiss continued in this way for several more minutes. Ginny put her tongue to rest and instead concentrated on kissing him. She found that if she sucked slightly on his lower lip, he exhaled heavily out his nose. She found that she liked this a lot and did it several times with the same reaction.


He pulled back to, her face still in his hands. He smiled, small and warm, as he continued to gaze into Ginny’s eyes.


“Well,” he whispered, chuckling. “That was nice.”


“It was, wasn’t it?” Ginny replied in a voice that was just as quiet.


They giggled together, their faces inches apart. It was then that they realized the limo was slowing considerably.


They were there.


Harry took Ginny’s hand to help her out of the limo after the driver opened the door for them. It was then, after Ginny straightened, that she saw the confused look on the limo driver’s face.


Harry seemed to be trying not to laugh at him. “We went over this last night,” Ginny heard him whisper to the driver. “It really is alright if you help us get our stuff and leave us here. We’ll be fine.” The driver still looked confused, which Ginny didn’t blame him for, but he agreed. Ginny was also very confused, as well as being very concerned. Where was Harry’s house?


Harry walked over near Ginny as the driver finished unloading their luggage. Ginny still had no idea what was going on. Harry turned the stunned Ginny in a half circle so that they were looking down the alleyway between two houses on the street. While the driver got back into the limo, Harry leaned toward Ginny. She wasn’t sure what was going on, as she very much doubted that he was going to kiss her in broad daylight with the limo driver still in sight, but instead he leaned toward her ear.


She could feel his hot breath on her skin as he whispered to her. “Number 12 Grimmauld Place.” Ginny blinked a couple times. That was certainly not what she had expected and now she found herself even more confused than before…and slightly disappointed.


Before she could voice any of her thoughts, however, a most peculiar sight arranged itself before her. A door appeared out of no where between the two house they stood in front of. Following the door was a wall on either side and windows, and more walls above the door until suddenly an entire house seemed to inflate between the two houses. Above the knocker shaped like a Griffon was a number. Twelve.


Looking to either side she realized that number eleven was on one side and number thirteen was on the other. “A Fidelius charm,” Ginny whispered in astonishment.


Harry grinned in pride as he took her hand and led her to the door. Looking closely at the house, Ginny noticed that parts of it seemed much newer than others. The knocker, for instance, seemed quite new, whereas the door was old, but had a fresh coat of paint on it. “Been doing some remodeling?” Ginny asked, causing Harry to grin again.


“You live here?” Ginny asked in bewilderment as they stepped inside. The inside was just as random as the outside. Most of the furnishings looked new, as did some of the wallpaper, but the floors creaked and there was some rather old decorations that looked as though someone had been trying desperately to dislodge them and had failed miserably.


“Harry!” called a desperate voice from deeper in the house. “Is that you?”


“Yes,” replied Harry, also shouting. “Ginny and I —”


“Harry, you must give me a hand!” The voice yelled again, cutting Harry off.
With an apologetic look to Ginny, Harry headed toward the voice calling that he was coming.


Standing in the entry way of the house, Ginny looked around, thinking that was the best thing to do to occupy her time at the moment. Next to the door was a small closet, which, when opened, revealed several things that Ginny wished she had not seen, including mounted house elf heads. Thank heavens Hermione isn’t here. She’d surely have a conniption.


Closing the closet door hurriedly, Ginny stepped away from it and turned to find herself facing a large curtain. Wondering how they could have a window in the middle of the house, Ginny made to pull the curtain back. As soon as she had moved the curtain aside, the most horrid noise issued forth.


Blood traitors! Filth! Scum! Muck! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers! Half-breeds, begone from this place!” The voice continued and Ginny, beyond stunned, stood as still as she could, hoping the voice would go away.


She heard hurried footsteps behind her and looked up as she saw two figures run into the room.


“Don’t touch that!” they yelled in unison.


Not needing to be told twice, Ginny dropped the curtain from her hand and the voice immediately vanished.


Her breath coming in small, quick gasps, Ginny stepped quickly away from the curtain without taking her eyes off of it. She felt Harry lay a hand on her shoulder and she turned to face him. Only then did she see who had entered the room with him.


Her eyes widened in alarm, and she found herself involuntarily stepping a bit behind Harry to keep better distance between herself and the other person in the room.


“Harry,” Ginny whispered urgently. “Isn’t that Sirius Black?”


“Yes,” Harry said in a normal voice. “Yes it is.” He paused and stepped away from Ginny, toward the escaped murderer, taking her hand and pulling her along behind him. She thought he must be going insane and tried desperately to stay back.


“Sirius, I’d like you to meet Ginevra Weasley. Ginny, I’d like you to meet Sirius Black, my godfather.”


The strength in Ginny’s legs left in a rush and she landed, kneeling, in a heap on the floor.


Sirius barked a laugh, which sounded quite strange to Ginny’s ears; almost pleasant, and very mirthful.


“You’d think after getting the same reaction from the first girl — Trista, was it? — that you would have warned whoever came next.” He smiled warmly at Ginny before looking sharply back at Harry. “Or, do you delight in their discomfort.”


Ginny looked up, her eyes still wide in shock, to see Harry blushing slightly, though trying hard to hide it. “We got a bit distracted on the way here, so I forgot to mention it.”


“Harry,” Ginny croaked from her place on the floor. She cleared her throat and started again. “Harry, what’s going on? Why is Sirius Black in your house?”


“I told you,” Harry said, crouching down next to her. “He’s my godfather. He was my father’s best friend in school, and he is not a murderer like everyone thinks he is. He didn’t kill my parents; that was the work of Peter Pettigrew. But seeing as how Peter escaped after Voldemort’s defeat, we were unable to prove it, so Sirius is still forced to live in hiding.”


Ginny caught only a few words of the explanation as she was going through in her head what she could possibly do to get them out of this situation. Obviously, the crafty Sirius Black had brainwashed poor Harry. To what end, Ginny wasn’t sure, and she didn’t want to find out.”


While Harry talked, Sirius stood looking worriedly at Ginny, as she did the same to him. He didn’t look at all like she would have expected. His hair was long but freshly brushed, his face, clean-shaven. And he did seem to have a merry face, but Ginny wouldn’t let that change her opinion. “I don’t think she’s listening to you, Harry,” Sirius cut in at length, after watching Ginny’s still-frightened face.


“No, I suppose not,” Harry sighed. “The pensieve?” Harry suggested.


“I don’t see why not. It did work last time, after all.”


Harry came up behind Ginny and carefully helped her to stand, keeping hold of her hand so that she would walk with them and not bolt out the door. The three of them started walking up a flight of stairs that Ginny hadn’t seen at first. It was an odd progression. Sirius walked in front, occasionally looking behind him to smile reassuringly at Ginny, who would cringe behind Harry. As for Harry, he practically dragged Ginny up the stairs behind him and seemed to be chuckling under his breath, as Ginny could see his shoulders silently shaking.


At the first landing, Ginny was led into an almost empty room. The only furniture was an over-stuffed chair sitting beside a small table with what appeared to be a bowl sitting on it. She recognized the bowl immediately, though she had never used a pensieve before.


She vaguely heard the other two speaking. “Which memory should we use this time?”


“You and Peter right after my parents died?” Harry suggested.


“And you don’t think that one will alarm her?” Sirius asked sarcastically. “Everyone has their own idea of what happened that day that she’ll not be able to register the truth.”


“Which memory then?”


“I say we use the chess match,” Sirius suggested.


“Brilliant.”


Taking out his wand, Harry tapped the silvery liquid and urged Ginny to lean towards the bowl. Without much warning Ginny was pulled into the memory inside.


She stood in a kitchen which she could only assume was in Sirius’ house. She heard something behind her and turned to see that Sirius was in the room with her. Even though she knew he couldn’t see her, she still felt a chill realizing that she was alone in a room with Sirius Black.


All she could see of him was his back as he rummaged through a drawer looking for something. He seemed to have found it, and turning, Ginny gasped at the sight. A very large sharp object was in Sirius’ hand and Ginny involuntarily hid herself behind the table that was between herself and Sirius so that only her nose and above were over the table top.


He moved a ways down the counter and started hacking at something with the sharp object. Ginny was afraid to find out what it was he was working at as he started grunting with the effort.


“Oh, very funny Harry.” She heard the real Sirius Black say from behind her as he and Harry appeared in the memory.


“What?” asked Harry, choking on the laugh he was trying to suppress.


“Had to start the memory here, did you?” Sirius glared at Harry and Ginny went back to watching memory-Sirius. As he turned from the counter, he set down what she then realized was only an ice pick, which was obvious from the slivers of ice all over the counter and in the cups of lemonade he now held in each hand. Ginny also glared at Harry for his deception as he continued to stop himself from laughing hysterically.


Ginny followed memory-Sirius out of the kitchen to a room where another wizard sat at a table with a chess set resting on it. Sirius and the other wizard were apparently in the middle of a game. Moving around the table to better see the outplay of the game, Ginny’s breath caught.


The other wizard was none other than Albus Dumbledore.


Ginny had never met the man but she knew who he was from his picture on the collectable cards in Chocolate Frog packages which her brother Ron had been collecting for years.


Albus Dumbledore was in Sirius Black’s house playing chess.


She could make herself believe that Sirius Black would be capable of brainwashing Harry, but she couldn’t possibly conceive of Sirius Black being powerful enough to mess with Albus Dumbledore’s mind.


Seeing that Ginny had gotten their point, Sirius forced them out of the memory and back into the almost empty room.


Blushing, Ginny smiled sheepishly at Sirius, and shot a glare at Harry.


She held out her hand. “Hello Sirius, I’m Ginny. It’s nice to meet you. Now, if you don’t mind I’m going to beat the hell out of your godson.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry this chapter took so long, but, after all, I did just get married. Please review!
Reviews 760
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear