Search:

SIYE Time:8:16 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reality Bites
By Trinka

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 760
Summary: Ginny is persuaded to be on a Bachelor-type reality show against her better judgement. Who is the hunk all the women are fighting over? We know him. We love him. But in my story, Ginny's never met him. NOTE: If you think you'll hate this story, read it anyway! I hate reality shows too, you know! lol Trust me, you'll love it...I proclaim in as non-arrogant a way as possible... *sweat drop*
Hitcount: Story Total: 170378; Chapter Total: 7517







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Episode Three
Dinner



Still concentrating wholly on her red rose, Ginny noticed vaguely that she was being led somewhere. Down hallways, past more tapestries and more sculptures to a room with three large beds and an even larger bathroom, unless she missed her guess.


She stepped in, thanked her escort half-heartedly and sank to one of the beds. She heard a noise from behind her and looked up to see Trista’s jubilant face peeking around the door. “I knew you’d make it! But, what took you so long?”


Another girl walked into the room at that point, and hearing the last question, she spoke up. “Ginevra here almost got herself disqualified,” she hummed at them almost happily.


“What?” demanded Ginny as she heard the question echoed in Trista’s voice. “What are you talking about?”


“Oh, I just heard all about it. You stayed behind after you were chosen using the other girl’s feelings as a ploy so that you could show off for our bachelor.” The girl positioned herself in front of one of the standing mirrors and primped with a smirk on her face, shooting occasional glances Ginny’s way.


“That is absolutely absurd! I did no such thing. It was in no way a ploy, it’s just that we were the only two left and as I heard her cry, I realized that it could have just as easily been me given a white rose.” Ginny fumed. Just who did this girl think she was?


“Well,” the girl huffed at Ginny’s tone of voice. “If it had been me, I would have just left her there. There are plenty of people to take care of her.”


“Right! Like the cameramen who only wanted to get as many tears on film as they could, or the serving men who had been instructed from the beginning not to get involved. Yeah, plenty of people,” Ginny finished sarcastically.


“Geez, you don’t have to get all fired up. Calm down.” The girl yawned. “Well, if you don’t mind, I’m just going to take a shower before dinner.” Smirking again, she grabbed one of her suitcases and disappeared into the bathroom.


“If you don’t mind, I’d like for you to drown yourself in that shower,” Ginny glowered after her.


“I can’t believe that,” Trista whispered from behind her. “How could she have even thought that?” Trista turned to look directly in Ginny’s eyes. “I know one thing for sure, that girl at least will be at home rooting for Genevra Weasley to win!”


That, of course, had not been Ginny’s intent either, but she found herself thinking about it as they all readied for dinner. Joice Turner. Ginny was determined to remember the name and look the girl up after the show was over, especially if she was kicked off soon; which of course she would be. The first red rose was a fluke, she told herself.


Dinner was an interesting affair. Twelve women and one man at a very large table. Each girl was asked one question during supper amid the whispered conversations being shared by the girls between questions. Harry must have some memory too, because he asked questions that pertained directly to what each woman had divulged during her interview.


“Trista,” he began. “You said you lived with your father and your step-mom as well as three siblings; how many of the siblings are your step-mom’s children, if you don’t mind my asking?”


“Of course I don’t mind,” she replied, as though that were the most obvious thing in the world. “My sister Bethany and my brother Curtis are both step-siblings, and my youngest sister, Stephanie, is my half-sister.” Harry nodded looking interested as he turned to ask Ginny her question. Please don’t let me spaz out again!


“Ginevra.” Ginny couldn’t believe how good her name sounded on his lips. Maybe being called Genevra wasn’t such a bad idea. “You said that you’re between jobs. What job are you trying to get?”


“Well, I’m actually trying to get re-employed for a job that I had worked previously.”


“And that was?” He urged.


Ginny blushed slightly, anticipating the giggles that were soon to follow. “I used to be the assistant editor for the Quibbler.” There it was. All the girls around her started tittering in amusement. No doubt half of them were crossing her name off in their mental check board. One down, ten to go, she knew they were thinking. Ginny wanted to sink into the floor, but instead she looked back at Harry, his eyes pulling her. He was smiling, and he too looked amused, but not rudely so. He looked genuinely interested. Ginny was amazed.


During the rest of what Ginny deemed the “question-answer time” her eyes were as locked to Harry’s as any time before. How could eyes be that green? The contrast between his dark hair and bright eyes fascinated her to the point that Trista actually had to nudge her when dessert was served because she hadn’t noticed.


Good grief girl! If you’re this enamored right now, it’s going to be deathly painful when he hands you a white rose in a couple of days! She still couldn’t believe he’d given her a red rose. With a protective spell she had set in on the nightstand beside her bed, balancing on its stem. It would never wither that way. She could have bound it and hung it upside down to dry it, but this way it would always be in bloom, and it wasn’t as though the protective spell was hard to maintain.


After dinner the girls were all sent to their respective rooms. Despite what Ginny believed, Trista was not to be staying in the same room as her. Ginny thought it very likely there would be a murder between her, and Janice, the girl that had accused Ginny of trying to get an advantage with their “prince charming,” as Janice later called him. I swear, if that girl mentions it one more time I will end up going home, but it won’t be with a white rose, it’ll be with a sore fist.


The other roommate seemed pleasant enough. Tier was a year younger than Ginny and very light haired. Platinum, almost, but it fit very well with her eyes. They were almost a watery blue, Ginny realized reluctantly, but she was very pretty just the same. She didn’t seem to like Janice either, which made Ginny like her all the more.


While she and Tier were talking Trista slipped in and Janice, annoyed by their giggling, stormed out, much to everyone’s satisfaction. “She really is a prune, isn’t she?” giggled Tier. The other two agreed whole-heartedly.


About an hour later, Janice returned commanding they all be quiet since she planned to get some sleep that night. The three rolled their eyes and gladly left the room to allow Janice her beauty sleep. “She needs it,” whispered Tier.


As they stepped out of the room into the hallway full of doors, they walked to the end were the hall opened up to a little alcove-like meeting room and mini kitchen. This was where Connie would be briefing them tomorrow morning on what was to be

expected for the next couple of weeks. The three sat and talked for a couple more hours until they decided it was time they all tried to get to sleep. “We can’t allow Janice to get too much more beauty sleep than us. I intend to last at least as long as her,” laughed Tier. Ginny decided that she definitely liked Tier.


She and Tier tiptoed into the pitch-black room, bumping into things and giggling but trying to be as quiet as possible. Ginny slipped silently into her pajamas and crawled into her bed. She’d make sure to brush her teeth extra long in the morning, but for now, she just wanted to rest. Turning her head to the side she stared at where she knew her rose was sitting at the moment. She closed her eyes and sleep drifted over her. She didn’t remember what she dreamed that night, but the next morning, she didn’t think even Janice could put her in a bad mood.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, what do you think of Janice so far? You'll really love to hate her soon. She's horrible. Trust me. hehehe Please review!
Reviews 760
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear