Search:

SIYE Time:15:28 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reality Bites
By Trinka

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 760
Summary: Ginny is persuaded to be on a Bachelor-type reality show against her better judgement. Who is the hunk all the women are fighting over? We know him. We love him. But in my story, Ginny's never met him. NOTE: If you think you'll hate this story, read it anyway! I hate reality shows too, you know! lol Trust me, you'll love it...I proclaim in as non-arrogant a way as possible... *sweat drop*
Hitcount: Story Total: 170390; Chapter Total: 7172







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Episode Six
On the Road



“The individual date goes to Elizabeth Crow.” Those words repeated inside Ginny’s head for the next hour or more.


You idiot! Why did you think it would be you? You had never even given it a thought until Tier mentioned it. There was no way you would be that lucky. This is real life, Ginevra Weasley, not some fantasy. Ginny yanked the comb through her hair roughly, trying to keep herself from crying. Idiot! She applied her make-up, working hard to still her trembling hand; trembling with rage. Idiot! She picked out her clothes, making sure not to look at Janice. For some reason Ginny had a feeling that Janice knew exactly what she was thinking. IDIOT!


Ginny slipped into a pair of comfortable denim trousers and a lavender spaghetti strap tank top and shrunk a jacket to keep in her pocket in case she needed it. If worse came to worse she would find a privy and enlarge it again where none of the muggles could see. She also grabbed a shoulder sac and filled it with her lip gloss, wallet and comb. She really didn’t know what else to take with her.


As she turned from her bed to slip her bag over her shoulder she caught Janice’s eye. The smile on her face was so evil that Ginny wasn’t sure she wanted to scream and hide or walk over and pummel her. The latter of the two sounds very inviting. Augh! I have to get out of this room. With a glower and a raised eyebrow, Ginny swept out of the room. Would it really have hurt to punch her once? Well, I mean, it would have hurt her, of course, but would it have done me any harm? Ginny sighed and banished those thoughts from her mind.


Lila Brewer was the only other of the four that was ready so far. Ginny smiled at her and figured that she might as well try to get to know the other girls.


“Hi. I’m Ginevra Weasley,” Ginny said, offering her hand to the brunette with the heart-shaped face.


“Hi there. I’m Lila Brewer. You didn’t take long to get ready either.”


Ginny shrugged. “I had gone over in my head just about every possible locale this date could take place at and planned out what I would wear in each situation. Pretty pathetic really.” Ginny rolled her eyes. “I’m not usually that meticulous.”


Lila gave a nervous laugh. “It was exactly the same with me.” She gave Ginny a quick glance. “But, I’m always that meticulous.” They both laughed; Lila genuinely amused, Ginny a bit apologetic for her earlier comment.


The two fell into a relaxed conversation as they waited for the other girls. Christina came next, her face split in an ecstatic smile. “You must be really looking forward to this,” Ginny commented warmly. Christina only smiled wider in response.


Elizabeth took a bit more time, as was to be understood. Doubtless she was more nervous than the other three combined, knowing that she would get a chance to spend time with Harry alone. Ginny felt a stab of jealousy that she quickly suppressed as well as she could.


Not long after Elizabeth showed up, Connie came to collect them. This is really happening! Ginny thought. I’m about to spend an entire day with Harry Potter. She revised that thought. Okay, so I’ll be sharing him with three other girls for the entire day, but still! She nodded resolutely to herself before realizing that it might look a little strange nodding when no one had been talking. Thankfully, the other girls didn’t notice, being too caught up in their own internal conversations.


Connie escorted the four girls to the front of the castle where they were met by the driver of their limo, three cameramen standing in front of a large shrubbery that looked as though it was supposed to be hiding their car…and Harry Potter himself.


He nodded to the four of them and actually opened the door to allow them to enter first. He gave all four of them his heart-stopping smile as they stepped up beside him. Ginny ended up being the last of the four to get into the car. She smiled warmly back at Harry as he held the door open for her. Held the door open? It’s a car door, it stays open by itself. Ginny mentally shrugged the thought off as incredibly unimportant and banned herself from thinking once more.


Each of the already seated girls had tried to leave an open seat beside them for their bachelor. Ginny had the choice of either sitting next to Christina, who had only one seat beside her, or sitting between Elizabeth and Lila. She sat down next to Christina with an apologetic look which Christina ignored coldly. It was a choice between angering one girl or angering two…I’d rather just one.


“Sorry,” Ginny whispered to Christina, who merely sniffed her response. Ginny just sighed and sat back to get comfortable.


Harry got into the limo and sat between the two glowing girls and across from Christina who was trying hard to mask her disappointment and Ginny who felt rather embarrassed about the fact that Christina was upset with her. As soon as Harry was seated Connie stuck her head in.


“The ride should be about an hour and a half long, so you girls will get to spend about six hours at the park. Because of the travel time, Lila, Ginevra and Christina will not actually be coming home until after Harry and Elizabeth finish their individual date.” Ginny heard Christina mumble something beside her but couldn’t make out what she said or what tone of voice had been used. Ginny herself wasn’t sure how she felt about this revelation.


Connie spoke a bit longer then closed the door and bid the driver to leave. There was silence in the back of the limo for several minutes. For some reason, this silence was making Ginny want to giggle. Here they were, four girls all obsessed with the same guy and none of them could think of anything to say to him. Say something. Ginny shook herself. I’m not supposed to be thinking right now. You just shut up. Silence. Talk to him! Ginny couldn’t take it. This was hilarious! No one in the car was talking, so she was forced to carry on a conversation with herself!


Still trying to hold back the giggle that was stuck in the back of her throat, Ginny snorted slightly, which in turn, made the situation funnier, thus she snorted again. It was only seconds after her first snort that Ginny was in a gale of full out laughter. The other girls looked nervously on as though wondering if Ginevra Weasley was completely off her rocker, while Harry sat looking at her, an indefinable expression on his face.


Ginny tried desperately to calm herself down. Slow deep breaths weren’t working; they only served to make her laughs more irregular. Trying to stop the laughing cold-turkey only made her eyes tear up and run in slow rivers down her cheeks.


Elizabeth, Christina and Lila were still looking dumbfounded; they couldn’t understand what the mark was going on. Harry however…


Harry was now smiling slightly, as though having just caught on to an inside joke. The harder Ginny tried to calm herself the more he smiled. When she started crying in an effort to stop laughing he looked as though he was holding his laughter back to. By the time Ginny began to grasp her sides in an effort to stifle the pain in her stomach, Harry had joined her. Her laughs and gasps were only fueling his own, and vise versa.


Seeing their bachelor join in with Ginny’s insanity, the other girls tried to force themselves to laugh. It was pointless. They couldn’t see the humor in the situation and therefore couldn’t keep up with the other two. As Ginny and Harry finally calmed themselves down an awkward silence once again reigned.


“I’m sorry,” Ginny gasped quietly. Christina only glared harder, though averting her face from Harry so he couldn’t see the look. The other two were looking at her with unmasked confusion. What had just happened?


Taking a bold step, Lila turned toward Harry. “What was that all about,” she asked in a light voice that was slightly hampered by her still-bewildered expression.
“I have no idea,” Harry chuckled, glancing at Ginny for the answer.


Ginny nodded embarrassedly and shook her head. “It would take too long to explain.”


“We still have another hour,” Harry reminded her.


Ginny shook her head again. “Please, don’t make me explain. I’m not sure I entirely understand myself.” Harry chuckled again making Ginny blush. She felt a pressure and looked up to see three very angry, yet very well concealed glares. The tension was palpable but Harry appeared not to notice.


Elizabeth engaged Harry in a conversation that the other girls vied to be included in but Ginny thought it best to stay out of it. It was obvious that the other girls thought she had been showing off in some way and since they hadn’t understood the humor Ginny could understand why they would think that.


The next hour went by unbearably slow for Ginny but the other girls expressed how short the ride had seemed. Of course it went by fast for you. You were able to share in the conversation. Ginny sighed as Harry helped her out of the limo after Elizabeth and Lila. Christina came last and lost her footing as she stepped out, falling gracefully into Harry arms. Elizabeth and Lila glowered at her but Ginny covered her mouth to hold back giggles again. I wonder if all the dates have been this way. It’s a miracle the others can stand to share meals with each other.


Harry saw Ginny’s hand move to cover her laugh and shared a smile with her. Apparently he had seen Christina’s swoon for what it really was. Ginny found herself admiring his perception as well as his stunning good looks, his sense of humor... What a man! Ginny joked to her herself, giggling inwardly.


Harry bid the driver goodbye and was told in return that he would come back in six hours to pick them up, but that they wouldn’t be leaving for another hour after that. Ginny wondered vaguely what the driver would be doing for six hours, until she saw that he parked a bit further back and got out, heading for the park entrance from behind them. I suppose he deserves a break too.


Just as they were reaching the ticket booth at the entrance the cameramen appeared and Ginny realized with less shock than she would have a few days earlier that they would be followed the whole way. I’m just glad they weren’t in the limo with us on the drive here. She could just imagine what kind of interpretations could be made of her insane laughter.


They made it into the park without a hitch, despite the worker behind the counter that kept trying to draw attention to herself. Another case of the Hawthorne Effect, Ginny thought, rolling her eyes.


And, just like that, they were inside. Ginny was so excited now. She hadn’t been to an amusement park in years! Cosmetics and rollercoasters; two muggle contributions I could never do without! “Where to first?” Ginny asked eagerly.


“Let’s go on the Ferris Wheel!” Elizabeth chirped. The other girls agreed, but Ginny felt her elation slowly deflate. The Ferris Wheel? What’s the point of that? Give me something fast that’ll toss my stomach into my throat! Now, that’s a ride.


“Yeah, okay,” was Harry’s reply. Ginny sighed in defeat. The Ferris Wheel it was. “But after that, let’s look for a rollercoaster.” I knew I liked this guy, Ginny thought with a broad smile.


~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks so much to those of you who have been reviewing. It makes it much more fun to post here ;) Be sure to check out the replies I give each of you because they may give clues into what will happen later on.
Reviews 760
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear