Search:

SIYE Time:8:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Reality Bites
By Trinka

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 760
Summary: Ginny is persuaded to be on a Bachelor-type reality show against her better judgement. Who is the hunk all the women are fighting over? We know him. We love him. But in my story, Ginny's never met him. NOTE: If you think you'll hate this story, read it anyway! I hate reality shows too, you know! lol Trust me, you'll love it...I proclaim in as non-arrogant a way as possible... *sweat drop*
Hitcount: Story Total: 170379; Chapter Total: 7128







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Episode Thirty-One
A Different Kind of Pillow Fight


Harry made a very loud indistinct noise from down the hall and, tired as she was, Ginny couldn’t help leaping out of bed to see his reaction up close.


“What did you do?” he squeaked. Ginny laughed at the pitch of his voice and had trouble forming any sort of reply. “Where are my posters? And what in the name of all things muggle is that all over my bed?” Ginny stepped in behind Harry to view her handiwork and thought that Harry was reacting a bit too strongly for the minimal changes she had made. After all, she’d only had his Quidditch posters change into Witch’s Weekly poster spreads of all the men recently highlighted in the last couple of editions — twenty or so. She didn’t see what the big deal was. Hermione had most of these posters hidden under her bed, which she thought Ginny didn’t know; that’s where she’d gotten the idea.


As for his bed, it was now sprinkled with rose petals, which she thought was fitting, considering that he had so much experience with them now.


“Don’t be such a baby,” Ginny said between laughs. “I could have given you ruffled pink bed sheets and several large teddy bears.” She took a couple seconds to full regain control of her breathing before continuing. “Besides, don’t you think the guys in these posters are hot?” One of them winked suggestively at her after this comment.


Harry turned sharply to her. “You like this kind of guy?” he asked in disgust.


“Truthfully?” she paused. “No. Not at all. But I thought it would be fun.”


“Fun — ?”


“Shhhhhhh. You don’t want to wake Sirius up, do you?”


“Yes, rather, I would. Then perhaps he’d set this right for me.”


“Big powerful Harry Potter can’t change a few posters and vanish a couple flower petals? How pitiful.” She turned to give him the cold shoulder so she didn’t see the pillow that hit her squarely in the back of the head.


“Hey!” she exclaimed before retrieving the pillow and lobbing it back at him. “This is no fun,” she laughed as Harry threw it back at her again.


“Yeah, only cause your losing,” he picked up another of the pillows Ginny had sitting on his bed.


“No, that’s not why.” Ginny threw two pillows at once and ended up missing him with both. He laughed while she finished talking. “One of the first nights, all the girls had a pillow fight together. I wasn’t really in the mood for it then, and I’m definitely not now.”


Harry wasn’t listening as he smiled wickedly and, taking a pillow in either hand, forced her to stand behind his bed to protect herself. She squealed a laugh as she dodged the first pillow by throwing herself on the bed. The second pillow took her in the back. She turned and pulled at Harry’s arm causing him to lose his balance and fall, practically on top of her. Rose petals fluttered in the air, popped up from the bed’s surface from Harry’s fall.


They were both breathing heavily from the excursion and Ginny at least was trying to stop herself from laughing. She turned to smile at Harry and saw an interesting look on his face. Did he just look at my lips? That’s what people in movies do right before they kiss... Oh…


Propped up on one elbow, Harry used his other hand to pull her face toward his own. He pulled away slightly to make sure this was okay with her but she heard herself whimper from the lack of contact. She couldn’t believe she just whimpered, but she found that she didn’t care anymore as soon as he started kissing her again.


Ginny pulled away a bit this time as her lips felt dry. She darted her tongue out to lick her lips quickly, making Harry growl in longing as he pulled her back towards himself.


By this time Harry was halfway on top of Ginny and she could feel his warmth through his clothes. Reaching her hand out, she untucked his shirt from his trousers and slipped her hand up, moving her hand along his back. His skin was so warm. Harry shivered from her touch making Ginny grin into their kiss.


Harry’s lips suddenly left hers making her open her eyes to see what was wrong only to close again with a sharp intake of breath as Harry began to kiss his way from her ear down her neck. When he got to the collar of her shirt he moved part of the fabric aside. If felt so good. His lips were burning her skin and she relished in the heat. He found a particularly sensitive spot near her collarbone and Ginny found herself involuntarily arching her back to give him better access and…was she panting? Who the bloody hell cares?


Still with her hand up his shirt, she shifted her placement and placed her hand on his chest, right over his heart. It was beating as hard as her own.


Right at that moment she heard something from the doorway. A door opening. Shit! “Hey, what were you guys yelling about? I was trying to sleep. It’s three o’clock in the bloody —” Sirius walked in, his voice causing the two of them to leap apart as though burnt, but it was still pretty obvious what had just been going on. “Oh,” he said embarrassedly, his face suffusing with red. “I’m sorry.” He walked quickly back out leaving the door open. “I’ll just be leaving this open, okay?” he asked from the hallway before the two of them heard his quickly retreating footsteps make their way up the stairs.


They looked at each other with wide eyes before they erupted into giggles, shooting nervous glances at the door. Ginny could just guess what Harry was thinking at the moment; probably something along the same lines as what she was thinking: Well…that was awkward…


As their laughter trailed off Ginny had to cover her gaping mouth as she yawned wide enough that her jaw cracked. “Sorry,” she apologized as Harry also yawned.


“Stop doing that,” he glared at her.


“I said sorry.”


Grinning at her as she yawned again, Harry spoke. “We really should get to bed. We have to head back fairly early tomorrow.”


Ginny nodded. He walked her back to her room and at the door she stopped. “Can I ask you something?”


“Of course.”


“Now, if you don’t want to answer that’s okay, but I’d like to know. Well, I think I’d like to know,” she paused. “Depending on the answer I’d like to know. I think.” She sighed, exasperated at her lack of communication.


“…Okay…”


“Fine, I’ll just ask. Did you…” she hesitated, getting her nerve up. “Did you do that with Trista last night?”


Harry let out a breath. “Wow. Er…I don’t know if I want to answer that question.”


Ginny’s heart sank. “It’s okay,” she said with a mirthless laugh. “I know the answer now.”


“Oh, do you?”


Ginny gave him a look that said ‘oh, come on. You’re not fooling anyone.’


“It just so happens,” he said with conviction. “That I didn’t.”


“Oh.”


“Yeah, ‘oh,’” Harry mocked.


“Why didn’t you want to tell me that?”


“I don’t know. I guess I figured that if I didn’t tell you, you wouldn’t know my answer. Silly me,” Harry replied sarcastically.


“There are always assumptions,” Ginny quipped.


“Yes. But, if you recall, yours was wrong.” Ginny glared at him.


“Oh fine. Get technical.”


“What would you rather I do.”


Ginny looked at him coyly. “You could always kiss me goodnight.”


Harry grinned with half his mouth as he moved in and Ginny closed her eyes in expectation. Suddenly something Harry had said hit her. He hadn’t done any of this with Trista last night. Cripes! She pulled away quickly. “Goodnight,” she said with no small amount of embarrassment but tried to sound chipper.


Harry looked confused as he said goodnight back to her and even more confused as her door closed in his face. Oh cripes: Trista! What’s she going to think of me?


At length, Ginny wondered why she cared, then it came to her. Oh yeah. She’s a nice person. It’s not nice to betray a friend. Am I really betraying her? I mean, she’s kissed him too.


Not the same way though,
her conscious bit back.


“Bollocks.”


It was quite a while before Ginny was able to get to sleep. She was dreading seeing Trista tomorrow because she knew she couldn’t keep this a secret from her. Her half asleep mind made everything seem more horrible than was physically possible so she was expecting the worst and because of that she feared the worst; feared it with an intensity that made her stomach clench. If I don’t stop this I’m going to give myself an ulcer, Ginny snarled to herself.


Eventually she did drift off to sleep, but it was a sleep troubled with dreams. Horrible dreams that she, blessedly, was unable to remember when she woke up but there was a lingering aftereffect that made her believe they had not been pleasant dreams. Evidence to that was the fact that she found it very hard to eat the eggs Sirius made for them the next morning. That may also have been because of the garlic salt that Sirius had mixed in along with the pepper. “Adds a little kick,” Sirius had informed her smiling. Yes, well, the ‘kick’ was now kicking her arse and she did not appreciate it. Well, not literally, of course; it was more or less kicking her stomach but that just doesn’t sound as dramatic.


Harry seemed to notice that something was wrong, alerting Ginny to the fact that she obviously wasn’t as good an actress as she thought she was. He didn’t ask what the problem was, though, for which Ginny was grateful. She wanted to get the whole thing off her chest, but she didn’t really feel like involving Harry in her internal struggle when he was part of said struggle. She knew that, as good as it might make her feel, it was sure to make Harry feel uncomfortable.


Sirius, on the other hand, was completely oblivious which made Ginny slightly more at ease. He joked as he dished out their breakfast and went into yet another story of his adventures at Hogwarts. It was very refreshing, despite the fact that her stomach didn’t like her at the moment.


After breakfast Harry helped Ginny pack her things back up (he, apparently had packed his the night before. Was he having trouble sleeping last night too?) and all too soon it was time to leave.


The two of them said goodbye to Sirius and Ginny stepped outside as Sirius said a few final words to Harry. She heard him ask “Is there something wrong with Ginny?” in a low tone, making Ginny ashamed of her hasty judgment of Sirius’ perception, before she reached the sidewalk and the house behind her winked out of existence.


Harry joined her moments later and the limo drove up after only a couple of minutes. Harry helped the driver get the luggage in the trunk then opened to door for Ginny who had been trying to help them but was continually rebuffed in her efforts.


As they settled in and the driver started off, Ginny leaned her head on Harry’s shoulder. “Despite the fact that you tried to trick men, your godfather’s mother scared the living daylights out of me and your friend the hippogriff shocked me unconscious…I had a really good time.”


Harry leaned his head on top of hers and chuckled. “Yeah, so did I. Especially the part right before Sirius embarrassed himself.” Harry laughed and Ginny tried to as her face heated and her stomach started roiling again.


Ginny fell asleep on the way back to the castle and she was pretty sure Harry did too because when she woke up as the limo slowed down, Harry seemed to jump as though surprised. Ginny grinned sleepily at him as he rubbed his eyes and grinned back. They both yawned.


The walked in, followed by one of the many serving men carrying their luggage. They had a guide as well, but by this time they had just about figured out how to get around the castle. That reminded Ginny of the night she had gotten lost and bumped into Harry in the hall. She smiled at the memory and was tempted to give Harry’s hand a squeeze but then she remembered that they would be seeing Trista again and she didn’t want to make Trista feel bad at all. That resistance took everything she had.


“Think we have some time to sleep before Connie schedules something for us?” Harry asked after another yawn.


“Your guess is as good as mine. I just hope that Trista was able to stay out of sight yesterday and wasn’t dragged to all of the ‘attractions’ like I was the day before.” Ginny explained briefly what she was talking about when she saw the confused look on Harry’s face. He expressed that he also hoped that Trista was spared that torment and apologized for Ginny having to go through it.


As they entered the alcove and headed off to their respective rooms, Trista was no where in sight. Ginny didn’t know whether to be relieved or allow her nervousness to escalate. If Trista wasn’t already here, did Ginny really have to seek her out to explain? I don’t really have to tell her do I? Ginny thought, then immediately kicked herself for even thinking of chickening out.


Knowing very well that Harry was probably falling asleep in his room and knowing also that she desperately wished she was too — falling asleep, not in his room, of course, Ginny blushed at the thought — Ginny, instead, made her way toward Trista’s room, her heart hammering in her throat.


Tensing before the door, Ginny raised her hand to knock.
Reviews 760
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear