Search:

SIYE Time:3:55 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Once Simple Thing
By DazedMarauder

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Drama
Warnings: Death, Dark Fiction
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 21
Summary: everything he did, he did for her...
Hitcount: Story Total: 4439







ChapterPrinter


~»~»~»~»~»~» A Once Simple Thing »~»~»~»~»~»~

Author's Note: (i'm not even sure if I'm the one whos supposed to write it, but whatever) Thanks to Jaquelyn cause she told me HOW to get the story on, and it would have been really hard (cause im not the brightest knife in the kniw box) to get this on here! So, this is my first fan fic ever, so excuse the badness of it! PLEASE review, it doesnt matter if you just put down 2 words or 200 (that would be nice though!) oh and I don't care about flamers, they just make my work look better in the end- hopefully! Enjoy! oh and its only death cause of someone (who we all know, sadly) that keels over, and its a kinda fluffy thing, if you look at it from far away!

Disclaimer: Ok then, here we go... I did not write any books in the Harry Potter Universe, nor will I ever, because then I would be qualified to get a ton of money and be known world-wide! I can only dream, sadly...




“So simple. Yet so complicated. It amazes me that one thing can make the biggest difference, yet it feels like it isn’t even here. She is though, I know that. With her comes the love, and that is why I am here today. I’m only 17, though I’m not a kid, I still don’t feel like an adult. Although I should. Just by looking around I should know that I am.

You see, there are bodies everywhere, people I know and people that I hate. Most are dead, while others are either unconscious or unaware of the world, because they don’t belong here anymore. They have no life in their eyes, yet they breathe. There is nothing tying them down, no one they know anymore and no love to give to those that they used to love. The Kiss is not something that people should have to experience; yet they do. It surprises me how so many people are willing to die for the world, and yet the one person who should, hasn’t.

No matter how many people say that I have their love, I still only need hers. She has been with me through so much; the attempted attack on Hogsmeade, the Department of Mysteries, and now this. This is the last battle, I’ll make sure of it. Not just for the people of the wizarding world, but for her. She deserves it; for all that she’s been through.

I head towards the Whomping Willow, and that’s where I see her, with Him. So many thoughts are going through my head, that I can’t event think about the fact that I’m heading straight for him, and that isn’t good. He’s laughing, I can hear it from where I stop, 10 meters away. I just stare at her, lying in front of his feet, not moving. I can’t tell if she’s dead or if she’s just unconscious. I think about all of the stuff that we did, like walking around the lake and talking in the common room. She can’t be dead, she just can’t. It’s as simple as that.

I know that Dumbledore told me that this was going to happen, and yet I still am not prepared, to this day. He told me that I needed to think about her, and the Weasleys and Sirius. Their love will help me achieve an end, he said, yet it seems to have got her dead. Yet the closer I go the more I give up hope. When I am 2 meters away, I can tell that she’s breathing, and suffering great pain. Her breath comes in short gasps and her eyes are glazed. She turns to look at me and the look in her eyes makes my heart race and my hope renewed. Her look is filled with love and faith, things that I need. I look down her body and she is bleeding several places and her left leg is turned the opposite way. Yet she smiles and me, and He glares daggers at me. She mouths I love you and collapses under the unbearable amount of torture He put her through. I bend down and pick something up that lay next to her.

I back up and look Voldemort straight in the eye. I can tell that he is trying to get into my mind, but he can’t. Not when I think of Her. He can tell that I’m stronger and that my resolve is strengthened. I hold up my right arm, then my left. I can see it in his eyes, that flicker of fear so small that it almost goes unnoticed. Almost. His gaze leaves my eyes and goes to my right arm and then my left. I am holding two wands, mine in my right hand, Hers in my left.

He talks to me, saying that I’m an idiot and that two wands won’t be enough to take on Lord Voldemort. I retort saying that if a baby could take on the Oh So Great Dark Lord, then two wands should be enough. The flicker of fear returns, yet it is different, slightly. His fear before was of me, no it is for himself. He knows.

We duel, simple as that. Everything he shoots at me, I duck. The same could go for him, if I only had one wand. But I don’t, I have two. So we battle, brother wand against brother wand. Jets of light streak the night, showing the determination on my face and the fear betraying his.

The next thing I know there is a golden sphere surrounding us, not letting us go, keeping us in this battle like a bird trapped in a cage. The phoenix song could be heard as we are lifting off the ground, our wands vibrating again. I raise my left arm, and look Voldemort in the eye. He’s sweating as he looks at the figures emerging from his wand. I did the same thing that I had done three years ago. I could see Bertha Jorkins coming out again. My parents come out not long after that, yet they go unnoticed to me. I am looking at Voldemort, daring him to fight me, when he is just going to lose. My friends surround us, outside of the glowing barrier, looking on in awe as I attempt to win this battle, winning the war along with it.

It’s time to meet your end, I say to him, there’s no where to go, no place to hide, and no way to save yourself now. I tell my friends to back away, and they do so. My eyes never leave Voldemort’s, even when I raise my left arm again, as I had lowered it when I sensed my parents coming. As a start to mutter the incantation, I see his eyes grow wide. As I finish the last syllable a green light comes out of my wand, and it heads straight for my enemy of many years. While I spoke the Killing Curse, all I was thinking about was Her, and my love for her, and how if she died I wouldn’t know how to live with myself. Her love made the green light change in color, it because a pure white blur, yet it was all colors, all shades, and all meanings. It was created with the only thing that could hurt the Dark Lord. Love. Powerful love, true love.

The jet of light hit Voldemort, and just as it happened, he screamed. And you could see his eyes wide with fear. It looked as if he was just standing and nothing was wrong, the only thing that gave him away was the fire was forming from where his heart appeared to be. He was burning from the inside out. While his heart was ablaze, the ghostly figures moved in a fast circle, surrounding the connected enemies. The more Voldemort became engulfed in flame, the faster they moved. When he finally overwhelmed in the licking fire, the figures suddenly stopped, looked at me and smiled, then disappeared. The golden dome flickered, then the thread became no more, just like Voldemort.

When my hated enemy was gone I went straight over to her. My Ginny. I picked her up and slowly made my way over to where my friends where. Hermoine conjoured a stretcher and I put her on it and we made our way back to the school.

A week later she was finally released from the infirmary, and able to go back to the Burrow. I know that she is ok now, and that nothing can get to her again. She is safe in my arms and will always be that way, no matter what anyone says. That’s what she says to me, she says that she loves me and that we will never be apart, not if she can help it. I smile and say that I love her too and that I know that we will always be together.

Even though we have only been dating for a year and a half, I know that I am doing the right thing. It’s as simple as that. We are sitting in the courtyard of a restaurant, and as the stars shine above us and the moon offers a pale light, I ask her to marry me, to be with me forever, as my wife. She looks down at me, because I’m kneeling, and as tears stream down her cheeks, she smiles at me and says yes. She looks down at the ring on her left hand and admires the emeralds and diamonds. She says it’s perfect and snogs me.

And here we are today. The day before the wedding and I’m talking to you, Ron. I can’t believe that I’m actually asking you for advice! Ah well, something’s surprise even me.”

“That they do my friend, that they do.”


A/N2: TADA!!! It sucked, I know, but I can't say that I am a good writer! REVIEW!!! It won't kill you, i think, and I promise that I will try to answer you! It doesnt have to be long, short, skinny, fat, or even bald, BUT i just want to know that you read it!!! Oh and sorry about the fact that there are no Tabs or anything like that, in front of every single paragraph i put 20 spaces and it didnt work, so sorry! Please and thank you! goodbye!

oh and p.s: If there are any things wrong i.e: speliing, cannon, bad jokes, etc... just tell me! Oh and tell me if things don't sound british, cause I definatly am not, and I want it to sound that way, as much as possible!!! ok, now GOODBYE! AND GOOD DAY!
Reviews 21
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear