Search:

SIYE Time:5:26 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Understanding
By DazedMarauder

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Angst, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 15
Summary: Giny is getting annoyed by Harry yelling all of the time, so she decides that the need to yell back is good enough for her to nock some sense into one, Harry Potter.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4405







ChapterPrinter


Author's Note: Tehehe, I am back again! I decided that I have done enough toying around with this one-shot, so I posted! If it's bad, then I'm sorry cause I don't have a beta, so *sticks out tongue* to any of those who are sad with the outcome or are just plain mean! I'm sorry if you dont like the way it's fortold (ginny saying everything) cause it just ended up being that way! So, after you are done, please, please REVIEW! and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Disclaimer: Sadly, I am not a rich and known world wide woman, cause if I was, I wouldn't spend any time on the computer cause I would be spending the millions of dollars! MUHAHAHA! tehehe, that's funny!

~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~» ~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~» ~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»~»

Yelling. That’s all he does anymore. His once beautiful emerald eyes are now barren of any form of emotion besides cold fury and hatred. He puts on an unreadable mask and lets no one inside of his heart, for fear that that will be the last place they are. He won’t talk to anyone and he doesn’t cry, he just yells.

“Since everyone seems to comment on my actions, I have an idea. Why don’t you just buy a little book, and then write down every little thing that I’m supposed to do! Then maybe I’ll be what everyone expects me to be, since I apparently can’t do that now!” Harry says this all while pacing the common room. He won’t look into my eyes, though I already know what will appear in them, as his eyes are the only things that give away any emotion under his pretense. I know all of his emotions, since he basically only has 2 - rage and sorrow.

“Maybe we don’t want you to just sit there and slowly kill yourself with grief!” I scream at him with just as much force. My temper is flaring, and it’s almost as widely known as his. “We don’t pity you, you know. We just want you back!” My voice is now calm, from what, I don’t really know.

“I never LEFT!” He snarls back at me. He runs a hand through his already messy ebony hair.

“Not physically, no. But you might as well have,” I stand up and walk over to where he’s staring outside the window. As I get right behind him, I silently thank Merlin that everyone is outside throwing snow at each other. “I’m just saying that you’ve changed, and it’s not for the better. We all want the Old Harry back! You know, the one who laughed and actually smile, or, even have fun! Do you remember him? I do, and so do all of your friends and family! Yes, I said family, because we are! We care about you, and we all love you! Merlin, you just won’t relax or let us know anything anymore! Why do you have to be so STUPID?!”

He whirls around, so that we are barely inches apart. My breath catches in my throat at the look in his eyes, -and by how close he is to me-, though I don’t know what it is that’s in there, it unnerves me. He speaks with a deadly calm, “Ginny, I am not stupid. Besides, what would you know?” With that he maneuvers around me, and heads towards the portrait hole.

Sighing, I walk over to a comfy chair in front of the fire; I mutter to myself, “Yes, you are. You are just too stubborn to notice. That and everything else around you.”


≈~≈~≈~ͭ 6;~≈~≈~≈~≈~ͭ 6;~≈~≈

When I wake up the next morning, I realise that it’s a Hogsmeade weekend and that I still have no one to go with. As I think about my love life -or lack there of - everything rushes back to me, because of… you guessed it, Harry. I think about, why we had the fight, what lead up to it, why he was being a stubborn mule - everything. As I go to the bathroom to take a long, hot shower, I relive last night.

This day doesn’t seem to want to end. Everything appears to not like me, so therefore things aren’t going very well. First, Professor Snape yells at me because of the fact that I apparently exist. Then, I lose my Transfiguration homework (because of the fact that my dorm mate, Julia, borrowed it), so I got into trouble with Professor McGonnagal. Lastly I go to the Greenhouses and I see some people that I wish that I didn’t, making out. Michael Corner and Cho Chang, isn’t that lovely? I quickly get out of there and head to dinner. It was not fun, because most of my friends were sitting with their boyfriends, so I sat there mashing my peas and stabbing my meat pie.

Sighing, I see Harry out of the corner of my eye, as I walk out of the Great Hall. He’s finishing his desert and talking to Ron about Quidditch practise, well almost. Though I’m going to try out, I still don’t like to talk about Quidditch- I’d rather just play it. As I open the doors I can see Harry getting up and gathering his stuff. I hurry along the corridor as I make my way to Gryffindor Tower. He passes by me without a blink of an eye. Unfortunately, he bumps my shoulder and I stumble. He straightens out and keeps walking, without even turning around.

So, me being a Weasley, I yell at him, “Oi, watch where you’re going!”

He slowly turns towards me, and I can see the anger rising to the surface. Though he doesn’t say anything, I know that he’s attempting to control himself, but I spur him on anyway. What else can you do when you have lived in a house with 6 boys, and you’re the only girl?!

“What, are you too good to say your sorry? Come on Potter, I’m not afraid.”

“I am not a baby, Weasley. Now go away, and leave me alone,” he says back. He crosses his arms, turns around and walks into the portrait hole.

“Oh if that isn’t someone being a baby than I don’t know what is! Don’t you think that you can just get away from me! You don’t have to say sorry by the way, though it won’t even matter.” I walk over to a chair and put my bag on it. I’m just happy that tomorrow is Saturday, that way I can do my homework on Sunday. And I can hide out if need be, in case I see hothead over here.

“Why?” He asks as he leans against the entrance to the common room.

“Why, what,” I ask back distractedly. I am staring into the fire as I start to pull out a book, that way I don’t have to see the fury and confusion on his face, as I know it’s there.

“Why won’t it matter?”

“Do you really want to know?” He nods his head. “Fine. Because you never talk! Or to me anyhow! Or anyone else, now that I think about it! You force yourself away from us, and that’s getting you nowhere!” I can feel my face start to get flushed with rage. I sit straighter in the chair.

He comes towards me and puts his hands on both of the armrests. As he leans in he snarls, “Really? Is that what you think?”

His close proximity is killing me, and I can’t stand the look on his face, confusion, the look of loss is something that I can’t describe. His attractive emerald eyes are so clear when they are up close. No! Stop that, Weasley! Oh, bloody hell!

I shrink away from him, but put a defiant look on my face nonetheless. “Yes, and I don’t just think, I know! You either leave the room every time one of your friends comes in, or you just talk mindlessly. And you only talk if it’s necessary! Why, Harry? Why do you do that?”

He pushes away and scowls. “I don’t! And even if I did, why would it matter to you? It’s not like you care anyways! No one does,” he adds the last part in a quiet voice, “it’s better that way, anyways.”

I level myself out as he turns away. “So that’s what this is all about? You’re afraid that you’re going to lose someone, that you are putting us in danger? Well let me tell you a little something, YOU AREN’T!”

Instead of answering, he just starts pacing. Hmmph.

You know what, in some weird way I’m kind of happy that he did blow up. At least this time he acknowledged something.

I step out of the shower and change into a t-shirt and some pyjama bottoms. As I brush my hair, I realise something. He never said he was sorry after bumping into me! What a git! Ah, well he is Harry after all! I really do wonder why his attitude has changed so much! I mean, yes, Sirius’ death had a big impact, but there has to be something else too, I just know it! Everyone misses the old Harry, but he’s gone. And I doubt that he will ever come back.

I am so lost in thought that, when I reach the landing at the bottom of the stairs, I bump into Harry. Isn’t that ironic?

“Sorry.” I huff as I walk towards the entrance to Gryffindor Tower. “See? At least I know how to apologise!”

“What did I do now,” he asks as he tries to steady himself.

“Think, Harry! Or are you that thick?”

“You tell me. Everyone seems to know what I should be thinking!” He turns towards the portrait hole and starts to make his way over there.

“Wait!” I attempt to grab his arm but he maneuvers out of my grasp. “Harry! Will you just wait one minute?!”

He whirls around to face me, “What for?” His expression is clearly stating his annoyance with me at this point.

“Do you really need me to tell you?”

“Apparently I do!”

“Fine, Harry, fine! Don’t listen to anything that anyone has to say,” I ask as he glares at me forcefully, “I don’t understand you! I thought that I did, but apparently I don’t!”
“You’re right, you don’t.” He tries to turn away but I just yank him closer. I step up so that we are inches from each other. I stare into his eyes and I can tell that he is startled by the anger that’s shining in my own.

“Well, maybe you should make me understand,” my tone of voice was venomous, but now it’s calm, “or are you going to run away and hide from this too?”

An idea suddenly came into my head. And I plan on using it to my advantage.

As I step closer I speak with an angry tint to my voice, “Harry… I think that I understand you now. You are broken and you are sad. You are a faker, and you are not the man that I thought that you were- yes, man. You are hiding behind a wall that you seem to think won’t come down. I am sickened by what you have become. I thought that yes, you may be angry, but not this. Not cold, and away- far, far away. What have you become?”

He was speechless, but only for a moment. “W-what? How can you say that?” His words sounded more like a demand, like he didn’t know what he was anymore that anyone else did.

“Because you are, Harry. You definitely are.”

“No I am not. I am not cold.”

I sigh, “Really? Then what are you, because I would bloody well like to know!”

“I don’t know,” his voice soon became hard, “but whatever it is, you will NOT find out!”

Tears spring into my eyes unbidden, “Why not, Harry? Am I not good enough to know?”

“What? Why would you say that?” He sounded kind of nervous.

“Because that’s what it sounds like, and I think that that is it!” I turn to leave, heading towards the portrait hole.

“No, wait! Ginny, I didn’t mean it like that,” he puts both of his hands on my arms and turns me around slowly. “Don’t take it the wrong way, please.”

I twist out of his grip, while tears are threatening to spill down my cheeks. “Harry, just don’t. I meant what I said though, because you don’t let anyone in, so I’m sorry.”

He looks at me with a puzzled expression. “For what?”

“For you ending up the way you did.” I turn around and walk out of the common room, into the corridor. I break into a run as I head to the Entrance Hall. I open the doors and sprint to the beech tree that I love to read underneath in the fall, when the leaves are falling. Just as I make it there I cry. I cry for Harry, for what I said, for everything that has happened to him. I sit down and close my eyes.

I can see a shadow under my eyelids. Just then I realise that I fell asleep. I blearily peak through my eyelashes, and I see a face that I would rather not. His bright green eyes gaze into mine, and they hold a concern that I don’t understand. Go figure. What do I understand about him?

“Ginny,” he asks tentatively, as I he’s afraid that I’m going to cry again, “are you ok?” He reaches out and wipes away my tears with the pad of his thumb. He looks at me and quickly pulls away, as if he was wondering what I would think.

As I recover from the shock of having Harry Potter touch me, I state out loud, “What did you really come here for, Harry?”

“Merlin, I just wanted to see if you were alright!” He seems to be on the edge of sanity- not far from where he always is though.

“Relax, I was just wondering,” I open my eyes again, sleep seemingly gone, and sit up, as I apparently fell over while I slept, and stated, “It’s not as if you act like this all the time you know.”

He just averts his eyes, and watches the Giant Squid as it waves his tentacles around.

“Well,” I say as I start to stand up, “I think that I’m going to go inside.”

“Ginn-” Harry doesn’t even have a chance to finish before I interrupt.

“No, Harry. I am starving and I really don’t feel like talking right now.” I start to walk and then I suddenly remember something, so I twist around, “By the way, I really don’t think that you are like that, you just need to get over some things, that’s all. Well except for the not talking to people, that is true, sadly. ” I grin at the flabbergasted expression on his face.

“But… but…arrggh!” He throws his fist at the beech tree and howls in pain as he sees the blood that is creeping out of the cuts on his knuckles. He mutters softly, “I’ll never understand women…”

I smile as I catch the last part, and head back towards the castle. I just hope that Hermione is not in the library, because I have a few things to talk to her about.

The last thought I have before I get into the school is…

Trickery, I’ve found, is something that most don’t like.


~»§»§»§»§»§»§»§»§»§»§»~

It seems that Hermione is nowhere to be found. She wasn’t in the library, common room, her dormitory, Great Hall, Astronomy Tower, or any other place I could find her! I have a feeling that she is with a certain redhead, but I don’t want to go out looking for her. That would just be wrong, if I found my own brother kissing my best friend. Ew.

So, I just stretch out on a couch and pick up the book that was in my bag that I left there the previous day. I start to read, hoping that Hermione would come back so that I could tell my friend all that has happened today, with Harry. And that maybe she will tell me how things are going with my brother (but no details, please).

Just as I finish with the next chapter, a familiar voice speaks up, in the form of a huff.

“Arggh, what is it now, Harry?” I glance over the top of my book to see him staring at me… angrily and maybe even admiringly.

“Why did you do that to me? That wasn’t really funny, you know!” His voice is annoyed and a tad bit too loud.

“Calm down, Harry! It worked didn’t it?” I couldn’t help grinning at that look on his face, a cross between enraged, dumbfounded and confused.

“Wait, what worked?” He is still looking at me as he attempts to sit down… right where my legs are.

“Ouch! Harry, get up for a second, that’s my leg that you’re crushing!” He seems to have just realised that they are right underneath him, because he jumps up and blushes.

“Er-… sorry,” he looks as if he is at a loss for words, so he just sits when I pull my feet back.

“That’s all right, but that’s not the point. The point is, you didn’t yell at me until after you found out that I lied, right?” I raise my eyebrows expectantly.

“Well, I guess so, but what does-“

“Wait until I’m done, like a good boy,” he glowers at me, but I continue anyways, though a smile is covering my features, “See, you didn’t scream, run away, or glare at every thing that moves! You actually did something considerate for once!”

Now he glares for a moment, and the he just looks down. “Why would you do that?” he asks again as he sharply pulls his head up, and his beautiful emerald eyes are now darkening with something that I can’t figure out. I keep my silence, hoping that he will figure it out on his own, or his head will hurt from all of the brainwork. Either or. “Ginny, just answer me!”

“No.” I say that as simply as possible. “If you can’t figure out why, then that’s not my problem.” I start to get up, but he calls me back.

“Ginny, please just tell me! I don’t like to skirt around the truth! You know that.” His voice seems to be fused with something that surprises me- regret. “Please?” To top it all off, he is pleading! Oh, this is just fantastic!

“Good for you, Harry! You need to learn some patience anyway!” I spin so that I am staring into the fire.

“Hmmph!” And he just stares at me, so I turn back to him.

“What now?”

He just tilts his chin up and contorts his face into a blank mask. “Nothing.”

I just snort. Not giggle like a sissy, but snort. “Right.” I slump back into my seat. “Do you really want to know?”

He looks at me with a serious expression, though his eyes betray him. “Yes!” His eyes change so that you can see the sorrow creeping into them. “Why does everyone get mad at me?”

“Maybe because you are always lying to us!” I just can’t help it, even though he looks so sad. I have built up a semi-resistance to that look.

Harry rolls his eyes, in a way that says that he is exasperatedly mad at me.

“Arrggghh, just come with me!” I ask as I take his arm and guide him away, not waiting for an answer. As I walk out of the common room, he tries to reason with me, but I turn a deaf ear to him. We just walk in silence for most of the way. He seems to figure out where were going after a couple of staircases and corridors. Which is really funny, considering out how thick he is. As he attempts to pull away, I grip his arm tighter and walked faster.

Just as we turned the last corner, Harry decided to break the silence, “Why are you taking me here?” He suddenly stops and turns to me, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “I am 16 you know, I think that I can walk without you here to make sure that I don’t walk into a wall.”

“Oi, shut it will you?!” I let go of him, and as he’s rubbing his arm where I was forcefully clutching him, I pace in front of the wall. After the third time, I pull Harry into the room, and close the door. As I turn around, I loosen the grip on his arm. The Room of Requirement looks very comfortably-elegant this time around.

“Wow,” I say simply. The room was definitely not the room that they used for the D.A.. It was a cozy room that had a fireplace along one of the four deep burgundy colored walls, along with some ancient looking, intricate tapestries. Since it wasn’t really big, it only had one red couch and a table in between the fire and the couch. On the table was a large looking book and some flowers in a vase. Along the mantle on the stone fireplace, were some dusty glass bookends, which were shaped like two phoenixes.

“Come on,” I say as I drag Harry over to the couch. “Sit.” As I yank Harry onto the sofa, I sit facing him, with my legs crossed Indian style.

“Why are we here again? And why did I have to come?” As he whines, I silently ask for some breakfast and a pitcher of pumpkin juice. He looks a little bit surprised as it appears directly in front of him on the table.

“We are here to talk about why you are being such a git lately, and eat in the process. Is there a problem with that?” I glare at him, silently challenging him to tell a lie.

“Yes, there is a problem with that, as I was going to go out onto the pitch later on and practice a bit. And I have not been a git lately!” His retort just results in me rolling my eyes.

“Please!” I turn my head stubbornly, but he just moves into my line of vision.

“I want to know why you think that I am such a prat, and I want to know, now!” His eyes are turning a cold green, and I have seen that too often to want to see it again.

“Why should I tell you, it’s not like you would… understand?!” The menace in my voice is venomous, and he seems to have detected it.

His eyes seem to show the surprise that is evident on his face, but soon change back to the rage that was in there before. “Don’t play that card, Ginny. Please, don’t.”

“Why shouldn’t I?” I stand up and I sneer, “What would that mean, Harry? That I am on the same level as you? Couldn’t handle that could you?”

He doesn’t say anything for a moment, but then he answers quietly, “No, that’s not what I mean, but I’m still not a git!”

“Of course you haven’t been a git,” I say in a melodramatic way, but it quickly changes to fury, “because you’ve just been yelling at every person you see! If that isn’t it then what is it?”

He just glares and turns around so that his back is facing me.

“Oh yes, Harry! Ignore everything that people tell you, don’t mind the fact that you are just hurting yourself even further! But then, why would you care? When have you ever cared about someone else’s feelings?”

He jumps up from his seat so fast that I barely even realise that I am staring into thin air instead of his eyes. When he starts talking I twist my head around to look at him.

“I do NOT ignore everything! I do care about people, you know. I … I, just don’t know,” he says as he sits down with a defeated look on his face.

“Harry… Harry? Harry, look at me!” I put my hand under his chin and turn his head around to face me, “Why do you do it? Why? Please, just tell me! It’s not like it’s going to change anything! Does it have anything to do with Voldemort?”

At the last part his expression turns stony and he tears his face from my grasp and buries it in his hands. His voice sounds strained as he forces out a reply.

“I…I, can’t tell you, Ginny. I’m sorry, but I can’t. I…”he looked up at me with so much sincerity that I was taken aback, “you wouldn’t understand.”

“WHAT? Ok, I actually thought that you were being genuine, but apparently I was wrong! What I want to know is how you would know if I could possibly understand!? You know, Harry. I think that I understand you but then you up and change on me,” I can feel my face red with anger. As I breathe, I calm down enough to finish, “Look, you can tell me anything, but you have to understand something. I need your trust, and I need the truth, otherwise there is no point in telling me anything.” Apparently while I was ranting, I got up and started walking around the room, throwing my hands around so much, that my loose ponytail comes un-done, and decides to fly over my face, as if it were a joke. I can’t believe it, my ponytail it mocking me, oh what a joy.

He stares at me with a look in his eye, and I can’t figure out what it is. Instead of what I thought that he would do, he starts to walk over to me. I am so worried that he’s going to do something dreadful, that I back-up and realise that I am against the wall, opposite the fireplace. He inclines forward and brushes his finger along my cheek, and pushes my hair behind my ear. Then he smiles, this strange smile that I haven’t seen in the longest time. He leans forward so much so that we are barely 2 centimeters apart. He is so close that I can tell that his jet-black hair is soft to the touch.

“You know something?” he whispers in my ear

I can barely breath out, “W-what?”

He smiles again, “You’re very pretty when you are angry,” he leans back so that he can see my face, “and I like that.”

“Well… er… w-what…” I stop because I can’t seem to get out a single word when he is standing that close to me.

I stare into his green eyes, beautiful green eyes to be exact, that I barely even realise that he is raising his hand to my face again. As he gently touches my face, I inhale sharply at the contact. The way he is tracing my jaw with his Quidditch-roughened finger, is doing hell to my brain. As he is gazing into my eyes, I can just feel my knees go weak. The look on his face is like he just found a brand-new Firebolt in a pile of rubbish!

“H-Harry, stop… you’re k-killing me…” I cut short because I whimper at the fact that he leaned so close that I can feel his breath on my mouth. All he does is smile as he moves his finger over my lips and to trace the outline of the curves. I look at his face, attempting to set my mind on something other than the torture he is doing to my mentality. His eyes are so clear that you can almost see every single emotion within them, though my brain is too muddled to detect the desire that is reflected from his eyes into mine.

“Ginny…” He trails off as his eyes flicker to my lips. I lick them self-consciously and he softly moans. Hid tongue darts onto his as he leans evermore closer.

When he kisses me it’s like hell on earth. It is everything that I ever dreamed about and more. All of my senses are in over-drive and everything is exploding around me. His other hand moves to my hair as mine snake around his neck to play with the black hair at the nape. He deepens the kiss as his tongue begs for entrance into my mouth. Everything happens all over again, but with more passion. As our tongues dance, it is like everything and nothing at the same time. I am floating and yet I am sinking into the abyss also known as him. The only thing that my mind is telling me is that breathing is so over rated.

It seems as if I could do this all day, but, sadly, the need for air does make me wait another moment before we can continue. He looks into my eyes as if trying to see if he has permission. Without waiting for a reply I dive at him again.

The only thought that is on my mind at the moment is that I now know how to make sure that there is absolutely no more yelling. Which is perfectly fine with me.


A/N 2: So, how was it? REVIEW! I truly don't mind, even if its just really small or really large (i would like that), you can STILL review! oh by the way, if the part where i said that Harry was looking at ginny in "an exasperatedly mad way", didn't make any sense then I don't blame you. It just sounded funny to me! Sorry if there were any spelling errors or anything like that, I don't have a beta.Oh and don't forget to review! tehehe
amanda
Reviews 15
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear