Search:

SIYE Time:10:44 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The course of true love...
By nymph_of_dawn

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Angst, Fluff, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 5
Summary: Harry has defeated Voldemort in the final battle, but has his heart been damaged too much in the process for him to ever love again? A certain red head is determined that this will never happen.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3978







ChapterPrinter


The fire in the Gryffindor common room was burning brightly but the heart of the boy who sat watching it was cold as ice. Harry Potter stared into the flames, numb as he remembered the events of the last few days. The tower was empty; all his friends were at the great celebration feast downstairs. However, Harry didn’t feel like celebrating. How could he? Yes, he had defeated Voldemort but in doing so had paid such a high price. The numbers of people dead or cursed beyond recognition were immense. And all for him.

Suddenly the sound of the portrait hole opening made Harry jump around. He found himself staring into the beautiful chocolate brown eyes of Ginny Weasley, just centimetres from his face. All he needed to do was lean forward and they’d be kissing………..

“Stop it!” he told himself sternly, “She’s your best mate’s kid sister. You can’t think about her like that.” However, Harry was finding it increasingly difficult to convince himself of this each time he found himself in close quarters to Miss Ginevra. It seemed that she got more beautiful every day. He pulled himself together enough to step back and then Ginny spoke.

“Didn’t feel like celebrating either?” Harry gasped in amazement. He’d thought he was the only one who hadn’t gone down to join in the festivities.

“I’ve been hiding out in the Room of Requirement. It’s quite cosy in the evenings. Dobby seems to have taken responsibility for it now and I escape there all the time. I couldn’t bear to have Hermione find me and drag me down to the feast. Everything’s still too painful. I mean, how can people be celebrating when we’ve lost so much. I mean. I’ve only lost Percy,” here she gave a strangled sob and Harry felt his heart contract within him, but she swallowed and carried on, “but I know people who have lost everyone. Entire families have been wiped out and we’re being joyful? It’s just not right. This feast is a mockery. OK, Voldemort’s gone but it isn’t a time for jollities yet, it’s a time for quiet remembrance.” Ginny stopped suddenly as she realised that tears were coursing down Harry’s cheeks. She felt as if her heart was breaking as she realised how much her speech must have hurt him.

“Oh Merlin! I’m so sorry, Harry” she cried out, “I know how you must hurt at the moment but you are a hero. Nobody can take away from that and certainly nobody can blame you for what has happened. I wasn’t saying that at all.” Ginny rushed over to him and enveloped him in her embrace. She held him tightly for a few moments before he began to whisper stumblingly into her ear.

“I know you weren’t saying that, Gin, but I feel so guilty. All these people are dead and I feel as though the responsibility rests on my shoulders. The grief that their families are feeling now and will be feeling for a long time is down to me and that stupid prophecy.” Ginny held Harry tighter and then, without realising what she was doing, she began to plant light kisses along his jaw. Harry slowly turned his head to meet her upturned face and stared into her eyes as if hoping to find the permission he wanted there. Ginny slowly nodded her head ever so slightly and there was a moment of utter silence before their lips met, when it seemed as if time itself had stood still. Then he kissed her. Fireworks sounded in Ginny’s mind and her entire body tingled with exhilaration. The kiss was soft at first but then she felt increased pressure from Harry’s mouth. His tongue ran insistently over her lips and she parted them to welcome him into her mouth. He moaned from deep inside his throat, as he finally tasted her. She was sweet, Merlin she was lovely. He couldn’t believe he was finally doing this. It was perfect. The kiss became deeper and deeper until finally both broke away for air. Harry gasped as their lips moved away from each other’s.

“Ginny?” he whispered, “Are you okay with this? If that was just a comfort kiss then I want you to tell me now. I want you to know, thought, that that was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. I’ll never forget it but I won’t do anything like that again. I’m sorry for being so…” He trailed off as he saw the fierce look in Ginny’s eyes. It was the same look that appeared there right before she hexed someone.

“Do you have a phobia about being happy?” she asked angrily. “I have just had the most wonderful experience of my life and then you begin to blow me off. For your information, that wasn’t a comfort kiss, Harry. I don’t usually go around soothing people’s sorrows by baring my soul to them. That kiss meant so much more to me than that. I love you” Ginny suddenly gasped in shock as she realised what she had said. She turned from Harry and ran towards the girl’s dormitory stairs but he soon caught her and turned her around to face him. The look on his face made her blush wildly and face her head to the floor.

“Did you mean that, Gin?” Harry asked, a glimmer of hope in his voice. He lifted her chin with his finger and stared deep into her eyes. “Nobody’s ever said they loved me before. I don’t know how to respond.” Ginny took a long look into his eyes and then unexpectedly ran up the stairs. Harry stared after her in shock and then got really mad.

“Fine then. I’ll take that as a no. I should have guessed you were just messing with me. Most people are. Either that, or you were just after the fame that kissing me would bring. Whichever way, we’re through Ginny Weasley. I never want to see you again.” There was no answer from upstairs. Harry suddenly realised what he had said. As he did so, the sound of sobbing reached him. He knew he and Ginny were the only two in the tower so it must be her upstairs, crying fit to burst. Harry collapsed onto the sofa.

“What have I done?” he groaned to himself. “I know she meant what she said. Why did I have to be so arrogant? She’ll never speak to me again.”
******

Upstairs, Ginny was laid on her bed, sobbing her heart out. She kept thinking back over Harry’s words, wondering how he could think that of her. She hadn’t replied because she’d been unable to speak- the look of love in his eyes had been too much for her. Why couldn’t he see that? Ginny placed her head in her pillow and sobbed, crying for all that had happened and al that she wished had happened. She cried for the future that could never be now, the future she had dreamed of when his lips had finally met hers. Then, a sound entered her subconscious. It was so quiet at first, she didn’t realise it was there, but it slowly got louder and louder. Ginny sat up and listened carefully. She couldn’t believe her ears. There was a sound of muffled crying coming from downstairs. Harry was crying.

“Good” Ginny found herself thinking, “He hurt me and I hope he feels really awful about it. He deserves to.” Then she took a hold of herself.

“Who am I kidding?” she asked herself, “I don’t want him to hurt. I want to go and comfort him.” And so she did just that. Ginny rushed down the stairs and took him into her arms. She wasn’t quite prepared for the passionate response she got for her efforts but she soon responded. Her lips melted into Harry’s and she felt herself drawing closer and closer to him. Suddenly, though…

“HARRY!!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING WITH MY SISTER?!!!” Ron stormed into the room, purpled faced. Hermione, making a futile attempt to placate him, ran behind. Harry looked up, bemused, not impressed at being disturbed from the pleasant pastime he had been engaged in. When he saw Ron, however, he quickly sat up, and tried to disguise the fact that Ginny had been lying on top of him.

“Well?” said Ron, deathly quiet now, “I’m waiting. I can’t wait to hear the story behind this. I mean, I’m sure it’s completely innocent, of course. Isn’t it?” he added menacingly, looking closely at the flushed faces and red lips of both Harry and Ginny. Harry stepped forward, placing himself in between Ron and Ginny, but Ginny came to stand beside him and daringly took his hand. This little episode didn’t escape the notice of Ron, who was turning purpler by the second. Hermione placed a hand on his arm, but he shook her off, failing to notice the hurt reflected in her eyes. He was about to question the couple again when Ginny spoke. She tossed her hair back and stepped forward so there was about a centimetre between her face and Ron’s.

“Get lost, Ron.” she hissed, “What I do is my business, not yours. I know you want to protect me but all you’re doing is making me resent you. Let me live my life and concentrate on your own. I think we all know there’s a lot you could do to improve it. Starting with a certain brunette stood not very far away. Why don’t you sort out your own love life before interfering in mine?” With that parting shot, she grabbed Harry’s hand and dragged him out through the portrait hole. There was a shocked silence in the common room, broken only by the portrait hole slamming behind Harry and Ginny.

After about 5 minutes of just standing in shock at Ginny’s words, Hermione sneaked a glance through her eyelashes at Ron at exactly the same time as he peered at her. They both blushed bright red and looked away again. Then, Hermione giggled and turned to face Ron.

“This is stupid,” she said, almost to herself, “we don’t have to take any notice of them. It’s none of their business.” She looked over to Ron and gasped at the expression on his face. She slowly walked over to him and only stopped when her face was right up close to his.

“Don’t you want to ignore them, then?” she whispered gently to him. She was silenced as Ron’s lips closed on hers. Hermione gasped at the sensations that ran through her as Ron’s mouth explored her own. Their kiss deepened as his tongue ran over her lips and she parted them slowly to allow him access into her mouth. Ron moaned as her hands moved gently up his back until they rested loosely around his neck. He ran his fingers through her hair and then moved them down her back until they rested around her waist. They stayed in this position, lips passionately exploring each other’s, until Hermione broke the kiss to breathe. She stared into Ron’s eyes, hardly daring to believe what had just happened, until Ron’s lips closed on hers again and she lost herself in their kisses.
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear