Search:

SIYE Time:2:53 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Christmas Wish
By harryfanatic

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: G
Reviews: 29
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2004 ***

Harry and Ginny spend a memoriable Christmas together.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5091







ChapterPrinter


Ginny sat staring out of the window, watching as small snowflakes fell to the ground below. It had started snowing when Ginny had first gotten up and it was still snowing. The ground was a crisp white. She just loved it when it snowed, it was her favorite time. To just go and lose yourself in the snow. Not to have to worry about the things life brings you. To dance under the tiny snowflakes. Christmas was in two days. They were suppose to be leaving for the barrows in a few short hours. Ginny was already packed. She decided she would at least have a few minutes in the snow she loved, since it was the only thing she wanted to worry about. She grabbed her jacket and made sure her gloves were in the pockets and headed down to the common room. When she got down there she glanced around. In the corner sat the inseparable trio. Ron and Harry were playing a game of chess and it looked like Harry was getting beat, bad. Hermione had her nose stuck in a book. And it was at the moment she decided to look up.

“Gin, where you going?”

“Outside, I can’t take watching it snow and not being able to be out in it.”

“We’re going to be leaving for the barrows soon.”

“I know. I’m packed.”

“Okay, have fun.”

Ginny smile and left. Then went back into her own thought. Her brother nor Harry even looked up to see who Hermione was talking too. Ginny turned and headed for the front doors. She was in her sixth year and the trio was in their last. Ginny had thought her and Harry were good friends. After the death of Sirius, Harry had entered a deep depression, that no one could seem to get him out. It was like he had died, leaving everything and one behind. It had taken Ron, Hermione and herself to pull him back to the living. They had started to hang out since Ron and Hermione got together. But the last couple of months, thing had gone back to how they were like in her third year. Them ignoring her. It wasn’t so much of Hermione but her brother and Harry. She had told Harry she was over her crush and she was. It just didn’t go away though, it had bloomed into something so much more. Into love.

She walked outside and immediately looked up. Letting the snow hit her face. She smiled. She forgot about everything and lived in the moment. She held out her hand and caught one of the bigger snowflakes. She held it up to her mouth. She had heard that if you catch a big snowflake and blew it before it melted and made a wish the wish would come true. Ginny tried this a number of times. Each time her breath melted the snowflake. Then finally she got one and blew it away.

I wish I get the one thing I want the most.

She turned and smile, and started to dance in the snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~


“No more Ron. You’ve beat me two time already.” Harry groaned

“Fine, ‘Mine will you play me a game. At least you’re a challenge.”

Harry stuck his tongue out at Ron and took the spot Hermione had left. He looked out the window and sucked in his breath. There below the window was Ginny turning in the snow, dancing to her own song that only she could hear. He watched as her body swayed, she had a huge grin on her face.

He sighed and sat there watching her. She never talked to him anymore. He wasn’t sure why, but she was always around Luna and Colin. And when she was alone Harry was too afraid to approach her, and right when he got the courage to, someone and it always seemed to be Ron would stop him. Any number of guys would understand his sudden shyness around Ginny. Over the past two years she had really blossomed into a beautiful women. And any guys who had eyes could see it. And she didn’t seem to know how she affected the guys, that made her so much more beautiful. She was innocent and young, life had not touched her yet. Or that’s what people saw on the surface, but none of the other guys knew about the nightmares she still had. How she braves them without complaining. Harry sees it and loves her all the more for it.

Love? Harry shook his head. He guessed he had always loved her. Loved her like a sister, then that changed and he loved her as a friend. But now, now he loves her like a man loves a women. That heart stopping, can’t live without you love. Harry sighed. But it would never be. He stared into the fire, if he could have just one wish. It would be her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~


They were home. Ron was so happy. He loved being at the Barrows during the holidays. He loved the hustle and bustle that filled the barrow with everyone being around. Usually there were seven redheads all racing for the bathroom. But this year, since there were so many, they decided that only Ron, Harry, Hermione and Ginny would be staying there. Everyone else would apparate Christmas morning. Ron looked at his best friend and sister. He looked at Harry and couldn’t see what was going on in his head. But Ginny was different, she was listening to Mrs.Weasley. She nodded her head and smiled, but Ron could see deep down she was unhappy. Ron turned back to Harry.

“I wonder what wrong with her?” Ron said to Harry, he indicated Ginny with his head.

Harry looked at Ginny, “What do you mean? She looks fine?”

“Na, something is wrong. I’ve known her...well forever and I know when something is wrong.”

“Well you have been ignoring her lately.” Hermione piped in, not looking up from her half finished book.


“No I haven’t...” then Ron looked at his sister, “I guess I have.”

“I have too. I haven’t had a good talk with her in a long time.” Harry said. Then he realized he hadn’t gotten her a Christmas gift yet and it was in two days. He jumped up.

“I have to go to Diagon Alley!”

Ron and Hermione looked at him. He realized he had no clue what to get her, “Hermione will you please come with me?”

“Sure Harry but what’s the big problem.”

Harry shifted his weight uncomfortably. And muttered under his breath.

“What was that Harry?”Ron asked.

“I didn’t get Ginny anything for Christmas?”

“You didn’t? She got you something.” Hermione said. This made Harry go pale.

“I really need to go to Diagon Alley.”

“Okay, okay. Breath Harry. Breath.” Hermione said. She walked over and said to Mrs. Weasley. Mrs. Weasley nodded and Hermione turned back to Harry.

“Lets go well. Meet you outside of Gringotts.” and with a pop Hermione was gone, Harry followed. And no one noticed the confused looked on Ginny face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Harry tried looking for Hermione but couldn’t see her bushy brown head. There were just too many people doing there last minute shopping. He heard someone call his name and Harry turned around. He saw Hermione pushing her way towards him.

“Do you need to get money?”

Harry shook his head no. They started to mingle in and out of shops. Hermione would mention something, but Harry would say no. They were walking though a charms and jewelry store. When Harry stopped and saw it. It was an princess cut emerald ring, surrounded by diamonds. Hermione admired Harry’s taste.

“Umm...Harry, Itsn’t that a little much. I mean unless your proposing.”


Harry didn’t say anything, just kept looking at the ring. Hermione looked at the price tag. She pointed it out to Harry, who shrugged. He went to pay for it. Then left, the box in is pocket. Hermione followed.

“Harry are you going to propose to Ginny? How can you propose when you guys aren’t even dating?”

“I don’t know. Lets say it’s a promise ring. I’ll ask her out. Or maybe we could skip all of that and go straight to engagement. We can make it a long engagement.”

“Do you love her?”

“Yes.”

“You’re going to have to talk to Mr. Weasley.”

“I know.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

By the time they got back everyone had already eaten dinner, there were two plates left out for them. Hermione grabbed an apple and went into the living room.

“Ron’s upstairs in his room. He wanted me to tell you that when you got back.” Ginny said without meeting Hermione’s eyes.

“Okay, thanks Gin.”

twenty minutes later Harry came into the living room. Ginny quickly shut her book she had been writing in and tried stuffing in under the couch cushion.

“What ya got there Gin?” he asked.

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing.”

“Why don’t you let me see?”

Harry approached her, she threw up her hands to ward him off. Instead he grabbed her wrist and pinned them above her head, and started to tickle her unmercifully.

“Ha ha ha ha Harry. Pl pl pppllease ssttst stop. Can’t takke hahahha anymore.” She had tears running down her face.

He stopped and went straight for the cushion.


“Harry, don’t you dare.”

He started to open it but Ginny snatched it away from him before he could read anything. He looked at her and realized she was anger.

“I’m sorry, I was just playing around.”

“You know I just don’t get you! I just don’t!” Harry leaned forward and took Ginny’s hand.

“Do you want to understand me Gin?”

“I don’t know. Yes, yes I would.” it was a little more then a whisper. She couldn’t take her eyes away from Harry’s. She felt the brush of Harry’s lips. That seemed to break the spell.

She pushed Harry away from her, “Don’t. Don’t do that, not after you’ve been with HER!”

Ginny didn’t yell, but her voice was cold. She turned and ran, she didn’t want to let Harry see her cry. While she left one dazed and confused Harry on the living room floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

She had been hiding from all day. Which confused Harry even more. He had no clue why she had that out burst the day before. And now he had finally gotten her to stay in the same room as him, and she wouldn’t meet his eyes. It was the Christmas eve dinner and it was just the four of them and Mr and Mrs. Weasley. Harry sighed and finally giving up trying to make eye contact with her, she found her mash potatoes more interesting then the conversation. Harry saw Mr. Weasley get up so Harry excused himself and followed Mr. Weasley outside into the garden.

“Mr. Weasley, I would like to speak with you sir.”

Mr. Weasley turned around, “Sure Harry. What’s on you mind, me boy?” Mr. Weasley sat down on a stone bench and indicated for Harry to sit also.

“Well, sir. It has to do with Ginny. I would like to court her.”

“Court her? You mean date her?”

“Yes sir, I want your blessing. I have a promise ring I would like to give her. And I would also like it to be a sort of engagement ring.”

“Engagement? Don’t you have to be dating first?”


“Yes, well, that was why I said I would like to court her. You know have a long engagement. We wouldn’t get married until she was out of Hogwarts and that’s in a year and a half.”

“What does Ginny think of this?”

“Well, sir, I haven’t exactly told her yet. I was going to do that tomorrow.”

“It’s not in my place to say who my daughter marries. But if it’s what she wants then you have my blessings.”

“Thank you sir.” Harry went to get up.

“Harry, do you love her?”

Harry turned back to him, “Yes sir, with all of my heart.”

“Does she love you?”

This was were Harry hesitated, Mr. Weasley noticed.

“I’m pretty sure she does Harry.”

Harry smiled and walked back to the barrows with a smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Ginny sat in the middle of wrapping paper and looked at all the things she had received. She had candy from Gred and Forge, Sugar Quills from Ron, book from Hermione, a sweeter with a “g” on it, a spell book on tombs from Charlie and a new broom kit from Bill. She looked back under the tree and noticed she hadn’t gotten anything from Harry. Ginny shamed herself for even thinking she would since the way she had over reacted the other night.

She looked around and watched each of her family members thanked eachother for there gifts. she had never felt more content. but something in the back of her mind kept nagging at her.

“I wanted to give it to you my self.” said a voice near her ear.

She turned and brown eyes met green.

He handed her a small red box. She reached around and got Harry his gift.

“You open yours first Harry.” she said. She sat back and watched his face as he got a journal, on the front said Sirius M. Black.

Harry looked up at Ginny in wonder. Ginny nodded and Harry realized there was more. There was another worn book, he flipped it open and saw picture after picture of Sirius and his parents. He felt his glasses start to fog up.

“Ginny, I don’t know what to say. This is the best present I’ve ever gotten.”

Ginny smiled, “It’s nothing. Sirius gave them to me to help me get over my fear of writing in books. I thought it was the least I could do.”

Harry smiled, “Now open yours.”

Harry watched closely as Ginny opened her, her face made a perfect O.

He came closer and took her out of her hands and slipped the ring onto her ring finger on her left hand. That broke her out of her trance.

“Oh, Harry! It beautiful! I love it.” she kept looking at her hand. Then her head snapped up.

“What does this mean?”

“I was hoping it could be a promise ring and a engagement ring.”

“Really. You really want to be with me?”

“Yes, I do.”

“But why?”

“Because I love you Gin. I have for a long time. And I don’t think I can go on any longer without you by my side. You are my heart, my soul. You are my everything.”

“My Christmas Wish.”

“What was that?” Harry said, stepping closer.

“This was my Christmas Wish. I love you Harry.”

“Happy Christmas Gin.”

“Happy Christmas Harry.”

They kissed. It was the most perfect kiss, on the most perfect day. They didn’t need the mistletoe. All they need was each other, and love and it would be the perfect ending.

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays.


Since you took the time to read it please review it!
Reviews 29
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear