Search:

SIYE Time:21:52 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Future Together
By cloud9

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 5
Summary: *A sequel to 3 Questions* Harry and Ginny are FINALLY getting married. Shows the months, weeks, days and minutes leading up to their union. R/R Please! Dumbledore and McGonagall's bet is now written in a story called The Love Bet.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4609







ChapterPrinter


A/N: For those who read 3 Questions. I will be writing a one-shot about the conversation involving Dumbledore and McGonagall. In a while though.

Three Months:

Ginny stared at the calendar. She couldn’t believe that in three months she was going to be Mrs. Harry Potter. She was ecstatic. She thought back to the night that Harry proposed. As Ginny went into a dreamlike state she didn’t hear her soon-to-be husband Apparate next to her.

Harry looked over at his gorgeous fiancé and couldn’t believe how lucky he was. He had to pinch himself every moment to make sure that it wasn’t a dream. He walked up to his dreaming girl and lowered himself to her on the floor and whispered gently in her ear:

“Ginny… you are my life. As you can tell by the answers to the three questions that you asked, I need you and I cannot live without you. I am not whole without you and I love you more than life itself. You helped me up when I was depressed and was there when I needed you. You can always overcome evil because we have something that the darkness doesn’t….love. So, Gin, will you give me the honor of becoming my wife?”

Ginny felt the tears coming to her eyes and turned to her man. She gave him a kiss that answered the question he asked. When she opened her eyes she was face with the emerald eyes that she had fell in love with all those years ago. She grinned and realized that she was the luckiest woman alive. He was her knight in shining armor. And luckily after 3 years of being engaged she was happy to make it official and tell the world that Harry was all hers.

They didn’t want to wait all the three years that is just what happened. Harry needed to vanquish Voldemort before Harry could have any type of life. Luckily Ginny was right there to support him through all the death and destruction. It was ultimately their love that killed “the heartless one”. None of the Weasleys’ were hurt and Percy was welcomed into the fold, not without some heartache, but now he was apart of the family. Well now it was a BIG family now with many additions. Bill had married Fleur and they had 3 kids, Charlie was married to Alicia Spinnet and they had a little girl, Percy married Penelope right after Ginny’s forth year and had twins, Fred married Angelina and George married Katie Bell and between the two twins they had 4 kids. Ron and Hermione of course had married and they were holding off on having kids at least for a year. All that was left was Harry and Ginny and now only three months to the biggest wedding in the wizarding world.

Ginny gave Harry another small kiss and went back to looking at the calendar.

“Harry, do you realize that in three months we will be man and wife?”

Harry started to rub his chin and looked puzzled, “Now, I think I have heard someone saying to me.”

Ginny gave him a little slap and got up and stretched. She looked at Harry and gave a hurt look. Harry looked back and started to laugh. Ginny then gave a pout and walked out of the room. She walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. After 10 minutes Harry still had not came to get her. She got up and walked back into the room. She stood there speechless. Every surface of the room was covered in roses, but not any kind of roses: yellow roses with red tips, her favorite. Ginny looked around for Harry but couldn’t find him. She heard a snap and turned, floating right next to her was a scroll. Ginny picked it up and read it.

Ginny~
There is a rose here for every day I loved you;
Every moment I loved being with you;
And every day that I look forward that has you in it.
Only three months and it will be our day!
Love, Harry

Ginny stood speechless and just laid down and relished in the love for Harry.

Three Weeks:

Ginny looked at the calendar in exasperation. How did three months turn into three weeks? She was on her way to Madam Malkin’s to get another fitting. She was also meeting Hermione to get her Matron-of-Honor dress fitted. Ginny suddenly Apparated to Diagon Alley and walked to Madam Malkin’s. In front of the quaint shop was her best friend, Hermione.

“Hey Mione, waiting long?”

“No, just got here. Want to grab lunch after this?”

Ginny grinned. She was always glad to spend some time with Hermione, but she knew that Harry had something to do with it. He was worried about Ginny because she was so consumed with the wedding that she wasn’t eating properly.

“Ya, I am actually starved. I forgot breakfast.”

Hermione nodded and they headed in to the shop. Hermione tried on hers first so that Ginny could have a look. Harry and Ginny decided that they were only going to have Ron and Hermione be the attendants and they were thrilled to be chosen. They figured would be best because all of Ginny’s brothers and wives needed to be with the kids. No body complained because they though it was appropriate for the two that knew Harry and Ginny best are next to them.

Hermione stepped out of the dressing room and Ginny filled with happiness. The dress was a long sleek crimson halter dress. It hugged all the right curves and complimented Hermione’s features exceptionally well. Hermione looked at herself in the mirror and couldn’t believe that she was wearing. She was going to comment but she saw the joy in her friend’s eye.

“MIONE!!!!! It looks sooo good on you!!!!!”

Hermione grinned and stood on the platform and let the seamstress hem the bottom of the dress. While she did this, Ginny went to try on her dress. By the time Hermione was done with the pinning and changed, Ginny emerged with her dress on. She was wearing a white off-the-shoulder gown with a full (but not puffy). On the front of the dress there was some light green and gold embroidery sewn in. Paired with the dress were some delicate satin ballet slippers. Hermione was speechless and she knew that Harry was going to get his socks knocked off. Ginny gave a sheepish smile and stood in front of the mirror.

“Ginny…..you are going to knock Harry off his feet!”

Ginny chuckled and got a mischievous look in her eyes and looked into the mirror and into the eyes of her best friend

“Well that is the plan!”

A few blocks away, Harry sat at his desk trying to work (he and Ron head the Magical Games and Sports because they were done fighting evil). When suddenly his desk was covered with sugar quills. He picked up the note that accompanied it.

My Harry~
There not enough sweets here to amount how sweet you are
In fact there are not enough in the world.
I am on my way to lunch with Hermione
And tonight we will go out to dinner and have times for our selves.
Yours Forever, Ginny

Harry grinned; Ginny figured out that he talked to Hermione about lunch. He took one of the sugar quills and bit into it. He continued working but in his head he was counting down to seeing his beloved tonight.

Three Days:

Ginny and Harry were the center of attention. But this time it was a good thing. They were sitting at the head of the table in the garden of the burrow. It was night and fairy lights were twinkling in the trees and bushes. It was their rehearsal dinner. They had it three days before the day because they wanted to throw off the reporters who were trying to get the wedding “exclusive”. Tomorrow they were going to Apparate to the wedding location, Hogwarts, and they were going make sure that every measure was taken so that there would be some privacy.

Ron and Hermione were on either side of Harry and Ginny and suddenly Ron stood and tapped his glass with his knife

“As best man it is my duty to make a speech. I am a lucky bloke because not only is my sister getting married but it is to my best friend. A man that I love as a brother. As do all my real brothers. So talking for all the brothers we just wanted to take a moment and say that we love you both and say that we will always be there for you as you have been there for us. For the past three years, I have heard from both Harry and Ginny that they are considered lucky, Ginny for Harry and Harry for Ginny. I would consider them both lucky because they found each other in a time when they needed love. They worked together to rid the world of evil so I would say it is high time that they take some time for themselves. As I finish this up and turn the attention to the most beautiful matron-of-honor (another reason I am a lucky bloke!), I would like to add that I grew up with Ginny and when we were younger she used to say that someday a knight was going to sweep her off her feet and marry her. Now she would say that to anyone, but to me she would say that the knight was going to be Harry Potter. I thought that she was nutters and would go and play with my toy broomstick. But she would consistently say that she was going to marry Harry Potter. Well years later it turns out that she is right on both counts! Harry Potter is marrying her and that he was made a knight a year ago. But in a way not only did Ginny get a knight, Harry got a princess. Oh, and Harry….whenever the princess goes away and the Weasley temper comes out, you are invited to my house. Anyway, congrats and I wish you all the luck. To Harry and Ginny!”

The rest of the crowd after they finished laughing raised there glasses in the air and murmured

“To Harry and Ginny”

Hermione then stood and started to tap her glass

“Well I am here to perform my job as matron-of-honor and give a speech also. As my husband eloquently stated that Harry and Ginny are lucky to have each other, I consider myself to be lucky because without them I don’t know what I would do. Harry and Ginny are the brother and sister I never had. They have been there for me when I was in despair worrying about something or another. They were also first there when I found out that my parents were murdered. I owe them so much, but they never have asked for anything in return. When I got married last year, the whole Weasley family was there to help and I of course couldn’t have done anything to help, but without Harry and Ginny I might not have survived. Ginny made sure that everything was perfect and that nothing would go wrong. Harry was there to walk me down the isle. I will always remember the words that he said right before we walked into the church, and I now pass these words onto them ‘We have been through many hard times, and the future is unpredictable. But as long as you have someone to be there with you then it makes it all worth while. I will always will be there, because without you I would have never survived. Now let’s go get you married!’ Harry and Ginny I hope that you guys have the best future together, because every one in the world in indebted to you, and especially me. Oh, and Ginny…when Harry and Ron go off, we will have are girl days! To Harry and Ginny!”

Everyone repeated the motions after Ron’s speech. Then Harry stood and started to clink his glass.

“Thank you everyone that is here right now, it means the world to me. For the first 11 years I never knew what it meant to have a family, now I do. You are all my family and I love every single one of you. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley or Mum and Dad, thank you so much for taking in a lonely orphan that was your son’s friend and never even thinking of any other way. To all the Weasley Boys and their wives, thank you so much for treating me like one of the brothers, and even dying my hair red for the day when Ginny and I announced our engagement. Also thank you for not being so over protective when Ginny and I started going out. To Remus and his wife Tonks, thank you for treating me like a son. I have never told you this, but I love you guys so much. To Ron and Hermione, well these to people I owe so much and then some, Ron for being a brother, a friend and most importantly a matchmaker to Ginny and I. Also for helping me adapt to the wizarding world and being there when I needed you. Hermione for being a sister, a friend and helping Ron and I when we needed to know something from ‘Hogwarts, A History’. And Hermione it is not you that owes me something, it is I that owes you. And finally, Ginny. You are my love and my life. Without you I would not be complete. You taught me how to love, and most importantly you taught me that there was something to live for. Thank you and I am the luckiest man alive. I would like for you to toast these people because with out them, there would be no me.”

Ginny looked down at her hands trying to stop the tears that came rolling down her face. She looked back up and noticed there now lay a piece of paper on her plate. When she opened she saw a note

Ginny~
In three days you become my wife and I your husband
I cannot wait to see you next to me.
I will know it is you, because you will be wearing this.
Yours, Harry

Ginny looked up and saw that a box now appeared and in it was a most gorgeous tiara that Ginny had ever seen. She sat there speechless when she noticed that Harry was sitting right next to her after He went a hugged all the people in his speech.

“Ginny, I want you to have this. It was my mothers and she wore it when she got married to my dad. I understand if you already have something to wear in your hair, you don’t have to wear it, I just know that she would want you to have it. Remus told me that she always told him that she couldn’t wait to give it to my fiancé”

Ginny looked at him and pulled him into a deep kiss, Harry’s eyes were a little unfocused when they parted

“Harry, I would be honored to wear this in the wedding”

Harry pulled her in to a tight hug and in his ear he heard Ginny whisper

“Three Days”

Three Minutes:

Harry stood in front of the mirror in his old Gryffindor dormitory. He was fidgeting with his tie. Ron had gone to see how long it was going to be. The door to the dorm opened and Hermione walked in.

“Hermione, you look amazing! Good thing you are married, because as your brother I would have to protect your honor!”

Hermione started to get all misty-eyed and adjusted Harry’s tie.

“Well how about you go and get yourself married; because it you don’t there are millions of others that will!”

“Nope, there is only one girl for me!”

Hermione smiled and gave Harry a kiss on the cheek and walked out. A couple of seconds later Ron came in and told Harry it was time. Harry took one look in the mirror and noticed that there was a note

Harry~
3 years, 3 months, 3 days and 3 minutes have passed
Now we are to be married.
I will see you at the end of the aisle
And we join to be husband and wife!
Love forever, Ginny

Harry smiled and walked out of the dorm and went out to the Great Hall. It was all decorated in gold and light green and there were hundreds of candles floating in the air. Harry was in awe of it all and then he heard the music start up.

Hermione came walking down the aisle and Harry looked over at Ron who had his mouth hanging open staring at his wife. Harry sniggered and waited for Hermione to complete her trip.

Then the Bridal march came on and Harry felt that he had never felt so much love in his life for the woman walking down the aisle. She was an angel. Ginny wore his mum’s tiara with her vibrant red curls bubbling out of it. He felt like he was the happiest man alive. When she and her dad reached the front and Ginny’s hand was in his, she gave it a little squeeze and they were married.

Three Hours Later:

Harry and Ginny were getting ready to leave on their honeymoon. Ginny had no idea where it was going to be, because Harry wanted it to be a surprise. They changed out of their bridal wear and walked to the front door of Hogwarts. When they walked out all there wedding guests were there to throw rice at them. They ran to the carriage that was awaiting for them and climbed in and started off. When they reached just outside of the gates. Harry kissed Ginny on the lips and Apparated away. Where he sat lay a note. Grinning Ginny picked it up

Ginny Potter~
A honeymoon is awaiting you
Touch the key that is with this note
And it will transport you into my awaiting arms
Your Husband

Ginny touched the key and was transported into a house that she never had been before. She was standing in the living room with a blazing fire in the fireplace. She glanced around when something out of the window caught her attention. She went over to it and stood in shock. Harry came up behind her and wrapped his hands around her.

“Yes, that is the Burrow. I thought that it would be good to spend our honeymoon just the two of us. That way, if we miss anyone we are not that far away”

“Harry what is this place?”

“This is our home that is if you want it to be. I felt that we could never be away from our family, but we needed our own place. I had this built for you as a wedding present because 2 years ago when we were talking about where to live you said that you always loved the Burrow, and in some way you wanted a Burrow of your own. You get to name it by the way, if you want to stay here."

“Harry, this is more than I can ask for. Thank you so much. I love it. I think we should name it something that means something to both of us. How about the Den? It will always remind me of Gryffindor.”

“I love it. Oh, and about a half a mile away I had a house built for Ron and Hermione too because I could never be away from them. I am going to send them a key tomorrow. We have a field between them so we can have a quidditch field. Also both houses have a ward around them so that no snooping reporters can come and snoop.”

Ginny gave Harry a passionate kiss. She had just married the sweetest man in the world. When they broke apart. Harry looked into her eyes and she looked into his and she could see the look of content ness in his eyes.

"Harry, I cannot be any more happy then right now, not just because of the house, because of you. I love you."

Harry pulled her close and wispered in her ear

“Ginny, when you asked me those three questions 3 years, 3 months ago let me just say that those where the best 3 questions in my life. Because they gave me a future and a hope.”

Ginny gave Harry another kiss and pulled her mouth to his ear and whispered

“Not just you a future, a future together”
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear