Search:

SIYE Time:7:53 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Can't Sleep?
By Pink Lizard

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Ron Weasley
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 55
Summary: "Ginny?" Harry began his voice quivering nervously "Yes?" Ginny whispered "Do you want to stay here tonight?" Harry rushed "Because I'd hate to be alone when I've had a nightmare," Harry finished his face burning. (A/n)Lots of flufflyness read and review
Hitcount: Story Total: 8721







ChapterPrinter


Harry sat in the hospital wing and for once it wasn’t because he had injured himself. He glanced at the sleeping form of Ron. It was the beginning of the Christmas holidays and everyone had gone home, including Hermione. No one felt safe anymore, even at Hogwarts.

Only Ginny, Harry and Ron remained in Gryffindor tower and to be completely honest Harry was relieved. Ever since Harry returned to Hogwarts for his sixth year people were whispering everywhere along the corridors, in the great hall and the common room. Harry couldn’t stand it and people would keep on asking the same questions over and over.

‘Harry what happened last year in the department of mysteries?’

‘Harry is You-know-who really back?’


Harry was quite relieved that basically everyone had gone home. Also many people were coming and telling him how sorry they were about his loss and how they understood, Harry always got angry at these comments. How could they understand anything that I’ve gone through the past 16 years; they have absolutely no idea what I’ve been through! Harry had started to get over the death of his godfather but people reminding him each and every day of what he had lost did not help at all.

He unclenched his fists and looked back at Ron; who was snoring loudly oblivious to his best friend who had barely left his side. Ron had caught wizard fever and although it was curable Ron had to stay in bed for a couple of days.

Wizard fever was basically like muggle flu. Ron probably caught it due to their snow fight yesterday. Ginny was there too; her loose hair flowing like water down her back. Her big brown eyes glinting mischievously. The muggle clothing she wore fit her snugly, hugging her slight curves perfectly. Her flawless skin the creamiest of whites and it looked so smooth; like silk. It was quite a shock to the eyes seeing her extremely bright hair contrast with the white background.

Ron coughed, bringing Harry to reality. Harry glimpsed the familiar room and his eyes rested on the large and ancient grandfather clock in the far corner of the fairly spacious room 9:15 . Although sixth years were allowed out until 9:45, Harry was feeling fairly exhausted. He slowly rose from his chair and stretched. He would come back tomorrow he decided.

“Bye, Ron,” Harry murmured

*

Ginny glanced at the clock on the wall 9:30. She knew Harry had gone to the hospital wing to see Ron and she would have one as well but she wanted to get her potions’ essay out of the way. It was really difficult and she was well aware that it wasn’t due for another two weeks but she hated leaving things to the last minute; it irritated her. She placed her quill down and sighed.

She had finished all of her homework and had two weeks off of school. Ginny knew Ron would be fine. She had had wizard fever when she was nine; it wasn’t bad at all. All she had was a cough and temperature. She would still visit him tomorrow.

She packed away her things and looked around the empty dormitory. She did feel lonely but she was a tiny bit relieved. All her fellow classmates had been asking non stop questions since she had arrived to Hogwarts. It did slightly infuriate her but if it was like this for her she couldn’t imagine what it would have been like for Harry. She blushed at the thought of Harry. He seemed to have that effect on her; she was extremely relived now that she was alone.

It was embarrassing enough to still have the silly ‘school-girl’ crush on none other than the boy who lived but to let on to everyone else that she did. She shuddered as flashbacks of her first year came flooding back. Her hand collided with her forehead as she remembered the singing valentine. How could she have done that?!

She knew she had to go to sleep soon but she hated being so vulnerable, it was the one time she was truly afraid. Her nightmares never seemed to cease and they got worse every night. It always ended with Harry. It was like a story that kept adding in parts to fit the plot. She rubbed furiously at the tear that started to slowly slide down her cheek. Get a hold of yourself Ginny . With a silent nod she began to get ready for bed.

*

Harry scrambled through the portrait hole into the common room. The fire almost completely burnt out except for a few embers. The common room was empty. Disappointed Harry ascended the boys’ staircase dragging his feet slightly. He got to his dorm and got ready for bed. He fell asleep the moment his head reached the pillow.

*

Ginny climbed the unfamiliar staircase. Shivering faintly as her bare foot connected with each hard stone step. Goosebumps rose on her bare arms; she was only wearing a strap top with pyjama bottoms. The top she wore was a little small and revealed her flat stomach but she hadn’t thought of changing.

She had to see him to check on him. She walked along the small barely carpeted corridor and stopped at the large oak door. She grasped at the silver handle and pushed. Thankfully the door opened silently; she peeked her head around the door. A steady murmur of syncopated breaths came from the nearest bed.

The curtains were drawn. Ginny padded her way over to the foot of the bed and opened the curtains. Her breath caught in her throat. His covers had pulled to the line of his pyjama bottoms. He wore no shirt and Ginny finally got to see what was underneath. Quidditch had certainly done him good. He was no longer skinny or short. He had a nice smoothly muscled body and his facial features had changed making him look mature beyond his years. Her heart began thumping loudly despite the reason she was here she smiled. She sat gingerly on the edge of his bed and placed her cold hand upon his warm face.

“Harry?” She whispered

“Harry, please wake up,” she repeated her tone slightly louder than before.

His eyes snapped open and darted around wildly. He looked so cute without his glasses and she rarely got to see him like this. She became very aware of her hand on his face and very reluctantly she removed it.

“Ginny?” Harry said groggily “Wassamatta?” as he yawned

“I’m sorry for disturbing you but I had a really scary nightmare and I had to check on you,” Ginny burbled as she began to cry.

Harry sat up immediately and wrapped his arms around her protectively. She collapsed against him as she cried.

“Tell me Ginny,” Harry said softly

Ginny shook her head against his shoulder.

“All you have to k-know is that you d-died in the end,” Ginny sobbed

“I’m fine Ginny,” Harry said

“Promise me Harry, p-promise me you won’t get k-killed,” Ginny mumbled

“I promise Ginny,” Harry said kissing the top of her head.

Ginny froze and in spite of everything she smiled again. She broke from his hug and wiped her face.

“I’m sorry, I’m being stupid,” Ginny said slowly

Harry rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

“Ginny?” Harry began his voice quivering nervously

“Yes?” Ginny whispered

“Do you want to stay here tonight?” Harry rushed “Because I’d hate to be alone when I’ve had a nightmare,” Harry finished his face burning.

Ginny thought about it, she didn’t actually want to go back to her dormitory and she felt she would feel safer being with someone, especially Harry. She nodded mutely.

Harry shuffled to the other side of the bed lifting the quilt slightly. Ginny slowly clambered into the warm bed and laid on her side her back facing Harry. She could feel the pleasant heat radiating from him and his scent was intoxicating.

Harry reached an arm over uncertainly before dropping it gently onto Ginny’s slender waist pulling her closer to him. Ginny snuggled against him gratefully and placed both of her hands on the shielding arm; holding him to her tighter. Harry made a chair with his body and she fitted perfectly against him. It was as if they were literally designed to be together.

Ginny sighed contentedly. She was finding it incredibly difficult to fall asleep while the man of her dreams was hugging her so distractedly but when she felt his steady breaths on her shoulder. She matched his breathing and closed her eyes. She soon drifted into the best sleep she had had for years.

*

Harry awoke; aware of the fact he wasn’t alone in his bed. His arm had snaked around a slim figure and at once last night’s events flooded back to him. He smiled and held Ginny closer. She didn’t seem to mind that he had his arm around her. In fact she was holding on tighter.

It felt so natural to wake up next to Ginny. He had had many dreams similar to this but nothing even came close to the real thing. No words could describe the feeling.

Slowly and self consciously Harry kissed her bare shoulder. She shivered but murmured happily. He buried his head in her shoulder. If only it was as easy to tell her or touch when she was awake.

“I love you,” Harry whispered

“I love you too,” Ginny replied

Harry froze, she was awake. No he had imagined it or he heard wrong.

“You d-do?” Harry asked quietly

“Yes, for sometime now,” Ginny mumbled her cheeks glowing that trademark red. She turned to face him and she smiled softly.

Harry looked at her taking everything in. His eyes nervously darted from her eyes to her lips. He licked his own lips.

Ginny watched as he began leaning in. She saw him lick his lips and self-consciously she licked her own. Then breaking the distance between them he kissed her. Ginny turned around and went into the position they had been in last night.

Harry replaced his arm around her small waist gently he was so afraid of hurting her; she seemed so fragile and yet so strong. He realised her top was a tad short but he didn’t mind in the slightest. His fingers played a bit on her stomach, she giggled.
“Stop it Harry!” Ginny said

“What?” Harry said smiling “This?”

He began to tickle her and she squirmed, laughing so hard you couldn’t even hear her.

“Harry!” Ginny screamed

Harry stopped, smiling and lay on his back. Ginny rested her head on his shoulder. She threw her arm around his chest and closed her eyes. Things couldn’t be more perfect.

Fin

(A/n) Tell me if you like it, please. I need to hear from you!
Reviews 55
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear