Search:

SIYE Time:18:39 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


If You Could Turn Back Time
By hyperblonde016

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 10
Summary: What would Harry do with the chance to turn back time?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4020







ChapterPrinter


Prologue
AN: yes…. I know that I should be working on my other story Harry Potter and the Curse of Death, but I had this great idea, so, I’m using it! I hope you guys like this story! I promise to those who read HP&COD that I will still update on it, and as soon as I get done with this story go back to full time for that! This fanfiction shouldn’t go over five chapters plus a prologue and epilogue, that is what I have planned anyway! So I hope you like! Don’t forget to review! ENJOY!

Disclaimer: The only thing that belongs to me is the plot! All the rest belongs to wonderful Ms.Rowling!

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was pacing in his study, deep in thought. He had been watching young Harry Potter for the two weeks they had been in school; the young boy was only sixteen and had already been through so much more than anyone should ever have to experience.

He had lost his parents at the age of one, and had to grow up in a family where nobody liked, let alone loved him. He had went all eleven years of those years not knowing about magic, nor the truth about his parents. Fortunately, when he finally got to Hogwarts for his first year, he made wonderful friends with Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger. And even though the Headmaster did not like sending Harry back to the Dursley’s every summer, he had no choice but to make the boy return each summer because of the protection he gained while there. After less than a year in the wizarding world, Harry came across Voldemort for the second time, while perusing the Sorcerer’s Stone. In his second year, he challenged Tom Riddle for the second time in his Hogwarts career, while rescuing Ginny Weasley from in the Chamber of Secrets. Then in his third year, he met his dad’s best friend, and his godfather, Sirius Black, who was taken away from him before the two ever had the chance to learn much about one another.

Harry’s name was entered in the Goblet of Fire in his fourth year, and as a result, he was obligated to follow through with the three tasks of the Triwizard Tournament. The three tasks include dragons, merpeople, and a maze with a plethora of dangerous creatures and spells to defeat and conquer. Mr. Potter confirmed that there was indeed someone in the school who was after him when the trophy in the center of the maze turned out to me a portkey that led straight to one of Voldemort’s followers. The internal threat was turned out to be an imposter acting as Alastor Moody, who had been taking Polyjuice potion to turn into use the Defense Against the Dark Arts position to be , . The imposter was revealed as Barty Crouch Jr., son of Barty Crouch Sr. of the Department of International Magical Cooperation., who was supposedly dead. In the midst of all this, Harry witnessed the loss a fellow student, Cedric Diggory, who happened to be the other Hogwarts champion as well as the return of Lord Voldemort, the wizard responsible for his parents death. Young Cedric Diggory met the same tragic demise as Harry's parents had 13 years prior..

Finally in his fifth year, Harry repeatedly received visions from Lord Voldemort as a result of the connection they had with Harry’s scar, which was the only remaining evidence of Voldemort's attempt at killing Harry as an infant. The Order of the Phoenix was brought back together in the summer before Harry’s fifth year since Voldemort was back in power. Harry met, and became friends with many of the members. In the end of Harry’s fifth year, he had yet another vision from Lord Voldemort. Harry deduced from this vision, that Voldemort and his followers had his beloved godfather in their posession, and were torturing him as a means to get to Harry himself. Being the Gryffindor hero that he is to this day, Harry gathered up some of his friends and took off, on thestrals, to the Ministry to find Sirius Black. This group was made up of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Neville Longbottom, and Luna Lovegood. While at the Department of Mysteries, Harry realized that the vision was fake, but it was too late, for Sirius as well as other members of the Order had already come after Harry and his group. Sadly. Sirius died by his cousin’s hand in the effort to save his godson’s life. That night, after another run in with Voldemort, I had no choice but to tell Harry of the Prophecy that was made about him before his birth. The Prophecy read:

“THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROCHES…
BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICE DEFIED HIM,
BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES…
AND THE DARK LORD WILL MARK HIM AS HIS EQUAL,
BUT HE WILL HAVE THE POWER THE DARK LORD KNOWS NOT…
AND EITHER MUST DIE AT THE HAND OF THE OTHER,
FOR NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES …
THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD WILL BE BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES.”

If one was to infer after hearing this prophecy that the final battle between the light and the dark side would indeed come down to Harry and Voldemort, they would be right. Thus, the boy carries a weight on his shoulders that no man should ever have the misfortune to carry. However, while I would gladly bear this weight for him, I cannot, and in doing so, I would harm him much more in the long run than the blissful ignorance I would have preferred for him.

Now, as I watch him two weeks into the start of his sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I realize just how much he is truly suffering. He is simply a lifeless body being guided by his friends, unaware and uncaring about the world around him. It would bring me joy to see any of the anger he showed last year, for not feeling anything at all is twice as frightening to me.

Just yesterday, young Ginny Weasley came to me with her concerns about Harry's health in addition to his emotional well being and physical appearance. It came to my knowledge that Ms. Weasley and Mr. Potter became a couple over the last summer holiday while he was visiting the Burrow. She mentioned to me that Harry told her about the Prophecy while she’d helped him grieve for Sirius, and that even after mourning, she sensed that something was still wrong. All my worst fears were confirmed when I found out that she sensed that Harry was blamed himself for the death of his father figure.

I have made a decision; I am going to offer Harry a chance, a chance to make his life more enjoyable, a chance to make his life seem easier for him to live.

A chance to turn back time.

A/N: well I hope you enjoyed! Please Review and let me know what you think! If I get enough reviews ill post the first chapter as soon as possible!  so.. review! Thanks to my beta!
Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear