Search:

SIYE Time:8:20 on 19th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Mission Accomplished
By v_t

- Text Size +

Category: Hogsmeade Challenge (2005-1)
Characters:None
Genres: Humor, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 7
Summary: Valentine's Hogsmeade trip is canceled and the Room of Requirement will be a duplicate Hogsmeade for the day. Where will that lead our Hero and a certian redhead?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3915







ChapterPrinter


Hogsmeade 2005 SIYE Challenge

Mission Accomplished

The first weekend of February and the Gryffindor common room was deserted! It was rare to have this much quiet in the common room, therefore it was the perfect time for Harry, Hermione, and Ron to spend some time lounging in their favorite chairs near the fire to talk about the Order and what activities Voldemort was up to without the fear of anyone over-hearing their conversations.

Harry and Ron were quietly discussing the latest Death Eater attack on the Ministry of Magic. They had learned about the attack at the last meeting of The Order of the Phoenix during the Christmas holiday using the extendable ears, Fred and George invented back in fifth year . The news of the attack still hadn't made The Daily Profit and they were wondering how many Ministry employees were now acting under the imperious curse. It was getting to the point in the war where literally no one was to be trusted.

Hermione had been listening to the conversation with much interest, she interrupted their conversation and asked "Do you think we are making the right choice to go to Auror training immediately after Hogwarts?"

With out waiting for a reply she went on to say "Maybe, we should speak with Professor Dumbledore to discuss an alternate career. One better suited to help the Order and be readily available when we are needed to rid the wizarding world of Voldemort."

"Once Voldemort is gone we can choose a career that would interest us..." she looked up at the boys and then said " OK then "me more."

Harry agreed " your right Hermione if we do go through with Auror training it would take us an extra three years. And if we're in school again we would not be readily available to help the Order."

All three decided to speak to Dumbledore as soon as they could.

Hermione then changed the subject to how they should begin making out a schedule to organize their time to begin studying for NEWT's, being as it was only a few months away.

Harry, feeling rather glad to finally be in his last year at Hogwarts, also felt a sense of urgency that he needed to fit in more DA lessons, especially for the first and second years. He had been having Ginny assist more with each lesson because she definitely has improved in defense. Besides, she would also be in her seventh year next year and able to take over the DA. He still wanted to prepare them as much as he could this year to build up their confidence should Voldermort attack the school while he wouldn't be there to guide them.

Harry was brought back from his thoughts when he heard Hermione say, "We need to go to the library instead of relaxing. We should be studying for our NEWT's! Harry, maybe you could try finding some new jinxes to teach in DA."

It was as if Hermione had read Harry's mind.

Harry was about to reply to Hermione when she jumped up making a strange noise with her throat and a startled look on her face. Harry, being jumpy from their talk about Voldermort, jumped up with his wand in hand ready to attack. Ron, seeing Harry in attack formation, shouted a tripping jinx just missing Hermione. This made Hermione turn around and laugh at them.

They then realized, feeling rather stupid, that she was walking to the notice board. A new parchment had magically appeared. Being the head girl, she just had to know first what was going on.

They stood behind her to read the notice: "Due to the increased Death Eater activity in the area, Valentine's Day Weekend to Hogsmeade has been canceled."

It was signed by Professor McGonagall.

"It figures," Harry mumbled. "I should have known that it would be canceled."

So far this year they were not able to go to Hogsmeade once. Voldemort was showing his colors and terrorizing the wizarding world once again, only he was more brutal this time around. No one wanted to be out for fear they would be attacked.

Later that evening as they were heading up to bed ,another parchment appeared on the board.

This notice read: "Due to the cancellation of Valentine's Hogsmeade weekend I have decided to reserve the Room of Requirement for each Hogwarts House to use for one full day the week of Valentine's day. The weather will be consistent with the weather of your chosen day. So, be warned you will need to dress appropriately.
The Hogwarts Hogsmeade, I shall name it, will be an exact replica of the complete town. However, not all merchants will be able to attend each day. I will have the prefects of each house collect a poll to see which merchants and pubs they would like to be at your House's chosen Hogwarts Hogsmeade. I have also managed to make arrangements with the local merchants to come to Hogwarts and have their merchandise, products, or services available to you for any purchases you would like to make. The Hogwarts Hogsmeade visit will be open to all students. It will be the first carefree visit to Hogsmeade since before Voldermort's rise in power. So first and second year students as well the older students, enjoy!
In addition, you must turn in which merchants you wish to be there by February 8th. Once your request are turned in, I will give you the date of your House's visit. And in keeping with the spirit of Valentine's Day if you choose to bring an escort, you may invite a student from any house." It was signed Headmaster Albus Dumbledore.

Hermione, looked at Harry and Ron, thrilled. Ron had an alarmed look on his face and Harry could see his ears starting to turn pink. Harry was thinking about the last sentence "bring escort" and how lucky he was that he didn't have to worry about that this year, for he would just have fun with his two best friends.

Hermione was saying, "This will be the most enjoyable trip into Hogsmeade. I t will be a day off from reality and for once we will not have to worry about Voldemort or any Death Eater attack. We could just have fun for once with absolutely no worries."

Her words broke through to Harry's thoughts and he realized that he Harry Potter, the boy who lived, the boy who had to kill or be killed was going to have a day off. I can just be me, plain old Harry, without a worry in the world, for one day with my two best friends.

Then his musings crashed when he heard Ron say "Hermione would you be my escort" and with a shocked look on her face and a stuttered reply "ya... ya...yes Ron I'd love to".

Harry was crestfallen. His one day off from life, and his best friends would be going as a couple. "Why did Ron have to finally be brave after almost seven years and ask Hermione on a date. Why now?" Harry thought dully.

Harry's emotions played across his face so fast that Hermione being as observant as ever nudged Ron in the ribs whispering, "Say something."

Ron fumbled for a few seconds stuttering and finally said "I'm... I'm sorry mate."

Hermione looked at Ron reproachfully and took over saying "Harry, nothing has changed, really. It is still Ron and me, ..... just a bit different." Not knowing what else to say she ended with "you can still come with us, if you like."

Ron went on to explain turning red in the face "I've just passed up too many opportunities to ask Hermione out mate and when I saw the words, 'bring an escort' then heard her say 'day off from reality,' I opened my mouth to say something else but asking Hermione to be my escort out came out instead."

Hermione looked put off by this statement and started fussing at Ron while Ron was mumbling apologies to Hermione. Harry faked a laugh and smiled saying "Please, stop arguing. Look, I am really okay with this. Ron I'm really glad you finally got the nerve to ask Hermione out. You need a day off to be typical teens and about me, I'll find someone to go with. Please don't worry! Its all right! I'm OK with it!"

They looked at him not quite sure if he was being serious or not and then Harry said "really, it's all right." And with that comment Harry made his excuses and left the common room to take a walk.

He needed fresh air and started walking fast and took a sharp turn to go down the stairs and ran into something that knocked the wind out of him. When he heard a shriek and the hard thing he ran into was gone he realized he ran into Ginny and knocked her down a flight of stairs. He rushed down to her panicking.

"Oh God Ginny, I'm so sorry. Are you all right?"

"What do you think Potter?" she said with gritted teeth and tears streaming down her face.

"Would you be all right if you were knocked down a flight of stairs?" Her voice hitched and she said, "I think I broke something, my hip hurts." then she passed out.

Harry felt like the biggest git ever. He started to mentally berate himself for not being observant while he picked Ginny up and brought her to the Hospital wing for Madame Pomfrey to examine. He waited behind the curtain wall while Madame Pomfrey did her magic.

He was lost in self loathing for being so selfish and moody about Ron and Hermione dating, that he actually hurt someone he loved. Then started mentally berate himself for using the word love so casually.

"I don't love Ginny, she is like a sister." Harry did not realize that he mumbled those few word out loud, where any ears might hear.

Where did that word come from? Love! What is love anyway? He didn't love Ginny. He never had anyone to love enough to know what it really was. But in the back of his mind he did know love. He loved his parents, even thought he didn't really know them. He knew he loved them! He loved Sirius because when he died he wanted to die with him. I love Lupin, he is now the last true marauder and the closest link and friend that he has to parents. I love Ron and Hermione, my two greatest friends who are now like family. Why would I love Ginny any different from family? That is what it is, I just realized I love her like family. Feeling satisfied with that explanation he started to relax then he started thinking how they never really got to spend time together and how they hardly ever talked much anymore outside of the DA that is.

"But when you do talk to her she makes you feel different, not like a brother different." said a voice in his head.

When they did talk it was like Voldermort and the prophecy never existed. They had so many things in common and their conversations were never boring. They never fought or argued. She made him smile. It was like breathing fresh air when she was around. They talked about life. About being teens. They made fun of Slytherins, which was always fun.

He never really knew how much fun Ginny was until that one time he and Ginny were leaving the room of Requirement after their first DA meeting last September. She had stayed after to help clean up and to talk to him about jinxes and wanting to improve her Defense skills because she was to be alone at Hogwarts the following year without him.

As they were leaving they saw Malfoy picking on some poor first year.

Harry decided it was a perfect opportunity for Ginny to get is some extra practice. They hid behind a man sized vase across from the tapestry of Barnabas the Blarmy. Once hidden with a view of Malfoy and the first year Harry would whisper a jinx or mild curse to Ginny and have her throw it at Malfoy. Harry in turn kept throwing a jinx that would cause the first year's wand arm rise and fall as if he was casting the jinxes Ginny was throwing at Malfoy. It was quite amusing making it look like the first year was cursing Malfoy.

Finally Malfoy gave up, left fuming and muttering under his breath "stupid first year, probably taken up with Potter and that stupid DA club".

The first year said "Thanks" to his invisible savior and ran off laughing ready to tell his friends all about his amazing duel.

He and Ginny kept looking at one another trying not to laugh out loud with silent tears streaming out of their eyes and hands covering their mouths.

Just then Dumbledore comes around the corner and said "You two can come out from hiding now."

"It seems you two are out having a bit of fun. Laughter never should be held in it hurts the soul. Let it out and enjoy your evening together" then Dumbledore smiled with a wink and that twinkle in his eyes and left just as quickly as he appeared.

Ginny and Harry could hold it in no longer and fell to the ground laughing.

That was the best night.

Since then when they talked it was always fun. It was never about Voldermort or the war. She made him feel like Harry. Just Harry.

Why did it take knocking her down a flight of stairs and almost killing her make him realize that he needed her. He has always wanted to be normal. And all this time Ginny was the only one to make him feel like it.

He sat down in a chair and waited for Madame Pomfrey to be done with healing Ginny and would not leave until he could speak to Ginny himself and make sure she was going to be all right.

Madame Pomfrey came out from behind the curtain an hour later. Noticing Harry still there she took it upon herself to give Harry a good scolding.

"You need to be more careful in the future Mr. Potter. I might suggest if you are having vision problems to get your spectacles fixed. You could have injured Miss Weasley far more then she was. She had a concussion from hitting her head and she broke her pelvic bone with that fall."

"Yes indeed it could have been worse"

"She is resting now, her bone is healed and her concussion will heal on it's own. If you like, you may wait for her to wake up. And when she does wake, I would suggest you apologize and treat her to something special to make up for your recent lack of vision." She walked off briskly with Harry's mouth open and speechless.

Ginny opened her eyes to see Harry sleeping in a chair next to her bed. She noticed his watch read 1:30, yawning she said, "Harry" then in a whisper, "what are you still doing here? It's after curfew."

"Madame Pomfrey let me stay to make sure you woke up okay. She saw that I was worried. You've been asleep for," he looked at his watch and then said "nearly 6 hours, she let me keep watch."

"Ron and Hermione stopped by.... " he started to feel a lump rise in his throat and then took a deep breath and said "Oh God Gin, I'm so sorry." Harry said with sincerity and tears in his eyes.

"I don't even know where to begin. I feel so terrible. I can't believe I hurt someone I care so much about especially in a fit feeling sorry for myself. I am so so sorry I just wasn't watching where I was going."

He took a deep breath then with his thumb and forefinger squeezed the bridge of his nose as if to erase the pain then said "I can't believe I actually fell asleep. I have been sick with worry about you. How do you feel?"

"Actually Harry I feel great. I feel well rested and I think that I feel better than I did before my horrible fall from grace." she said smiling into his eyes.

"Ginny please, this is no time to joke around. How do you really feel?"

"Harry I'm serious. I am fine. And stop worrying. I forgive you for nearly killing me. To tell you the truth I wasn't watching where I was going either. I was lost in thought on my way up the stairs because of something I had heard Justin Flinch-Flechey and Hannah Abbot discussing."

Then she looked at Harry and cocked her head to the side and asked "Did you hear that Hogsmeade weekend was canceled?"

Harry was about to answer when she closed her eyes and had a dreamy look on her face that was so breath taken that Harry forgot what she asked and Ginny went on to say "I was creating my own Hogsmeade."

"It was wonderful! It was a beautiful snowy day and I coyly led my secret someone into a cozy little alley and started to snog him senseless. It was quite fun until you so rudely brought me back to reality."

Harry huffed looking quite miserable.

"Oh, Harry. I 'm just teasing. Really, I am fine and I am not hurting anywhere." she said.

Harry got up, "Well its late and being that you are all right I am going to bed. Good night Gin."

"Goodnight Harry and sweet dreams"

The next few days went by rather quickly and the prefects posted a list of the poll results of which Hogsmeade business would be at the Hogwarts Hogsmeade. Harry noticed that all of his favorites would be there. However he was a bit put out because Madame Puddifoot’s actually made it to the list. After his experience with Cho Chang in his fifth year he swore off Madame Puddifoot’s forever. How could anyone in their right mind enjoy that place.

"Horrifying," he thought with a shudder.

Hermione being Head Girl was elected to bring the merchants list for their indoor Hogsmeade visit to Professor Dumbledore's office February 7th. Once she returned from bringing the list she sat at a table in the common room and made a large notice for the bulletin board giving the date and times of the Gryffindor Hogsmeade visit. I would be held February 13th from 8 in the morning until 8 at night for all those who wish to spend a full day.

Harry was sitting in his favorite chair as he watched Hermione sit down next to Ron on the couch and held his hand. They looked so natural and at ease. He looked at them and smiled. He wished he could just hold hands with someone and be a regular teen without Voldemort always hanging over his head.

Just then Hermione said "Harry, have you decided to invite anyone to go with you to Hogsmeade?"

"No. I don't want to waste my time." He said this with a dull tone to his voice. "I am just going it alone! Anyway, Hermione, you remember what happened last time I asked someone to go with me. I will not repeat fifth year."

"Oh Harry" Hermione said. "Not everyone is like Cho. I am sure there is someone you get along with. You haven't thought about dating in a long time but I really wish you would."

Ron who wasn't really listening to Hermione burst out saying "Why don't you ask Ginny to go with you. She was telling me just yesterday that all her friends had a date and she was going alone. You could keep each other company. Being as she is family it won't seem weird since you both seem to get along so well, especially now that she is over her crush on you."

Harry and Hermione looked at Ron oddly and he said, "What?"

Harry shook off his odd look and said "Yea, I guess that is better than going it alone."

With her cheeks slightly pink, Ginny leaned over Harry's shoulder and said sarcastically "Gee Harry, thanks for thinking so highly of me." .

Harry jumped up startled by Ginny being so close and hit her under the chin with his shoulder.

"God Ginny, I can't believe I hurt you again. I'm so sorry."

Then he looked at her and said "You have something on your lips" she spat at him its blood you idiot you made me bite my tongue."

He went around the chair and gave her a brief hug and said "I really am so sorry. I don't know why I am being so careless. I really didn't mean to hurt you and your feelings."

"And what I said about going with you to Hogsmeade, I didn't mean it how it came out." Putting his hands on her shoulders and looking into her eyes he said "Ginny you are really a good friend, more than I think you know. Would you please spend the day with me at our Hogwarts Hogsmeade?"

"Well, I guess since you put it that way, I will be nice and go. But Harry please, next time you ask me out don't abuse me. OK."

"Thanks. You better go take care of you mouth before people start thinking I hexed you or something. I wouldn't want it getting around that I couldn't get a date and I had to use force to make you come with me."

Ginny laughed, turned away and ran up the stairs to the girls dorms to clean up before they all went down for dinner.

Finally February 13 arrived and Gryffindor House set off for the Room of Requirement to visit Hogsmeade.

Harry and Ginny decided to go to Quality Quidditch first and look at all of the new broomsticks.

Ginny spotted a new Nimbus series and was telling Harry, "It is specifically designed for chasers..." Harry listened to her rattle off the stats of the broom and started to feel that same feeling he had for her when she was in the Hospital wing.

She looked so beautiful just then. She was smiling and treating him as if he were just a normal person. She looked up at him and said "Earth to Harry. Are you there?"

He laughed and said come on lets see what else they have. She excused herself to go to the ladies room and he decided on impulse to buy her the broom. She came back faster then he expected while he was at the register checking out and tried to hide the broom behind his back. He could feel himself blushing and imagined it being redder than Ron's.

"Whatcha got there Harry? Are those my knickers you're trying to hide?" Ginny said with a huge smile on her face.

Harry burst out laughing. "Where do you come up with things like that. You never cease to amaze me. I think that is one of the things I love most about you, your sense of humor."

He accidentally let slip the "L" word. He hoped she didn't notice. But he knew she did. He saw her face falter for a split second then she asked a little more serious "Harry why are you holding the new Nimbus behind your back?"

"Because, this is my gift to you for abusing you so badly this month"he said.

"Harry that is so sweet but you don't have to. Both times you hurt me were accidents I don't expect a present. Especially one so expensive."

"Come on Ginny. Please let me buy it for you. It will ease my conscience."

"Ok if you put it that way," she said "Anyway I need a new broom. Why not one that might help us win the House Cup"

"Thanks Ginny, I will have them hold it until we are ready to leave"

"No... Thank you Harry!" she whispered in his ear and and as he turned his face to hers he could of sworn that she was going to kiss him.

She turned her head quickly away with flushed cheeks and grabbed his hand and said "Come on lets go to Zonko's".

They had so much fun looking at all of the new items on the shelf and even noticed a large display full of skiving snackboxes, invisible hats, extendable ears, and few more of Fred and George's most popular products.

Harry could see that Ginny was proud that her brothers were doing well.

She commented "It is good to see that those two still have some of the Weasley compassion." she looked at Harry and said in boasting tone "Fred and George could have easily put Zonko's out of business, but rather then hurt the foundation of their jokester careers, they let Zonko's carry their products instead."

When they left Zonko's their pockets were much heavier.

Once back onto the street it started snowing as they walked to the Three Broomsticks right before they entered the pub they had to cover their ears. A horrible screeching noise that sounded like it was trying to sing was coming out of a box that Lavender bought and was showing it to Seamus. Even with their ears covered they could hear Seamus shouting over the noise "Will you please stop that thing from singing!"

They laughed when they saw Lavender pout and slammed the 'banshee box' shut, thrust it back into her bag and started to walk away. Looking at Seamus you could see the look in his eye that he better make up. So he was right on her tail spouting out apologizing for his lack of consideration and being rude to her in public and so forth.

They finally made it into Three Broomsticks and found Hermione and Ron already seated in a corner table. They all ordered a round of butter beers and lunch. Once they finished eating Ron pulled out a new Quidditch magazine. He and Ron talked about the last Cannon's game and were looking at some new plays the Cannon's invented in the magazine. These new plays helped pick up their league score enough that Ron was saying that if they keep it up they might make it to the World Cup finals.

The whole time Ron was talking about Quidditch Harry kept taking glances at Ginny and noticed that she and Hermione were whispering back and forth to one another. Then he heard Ginny giggle and whispered something back to Hermione who nodded yes.

He could tell they were up to something and it looked like it was him who it was about with all of the sneaky glances he was getting.

Finally their time at the Three Broomsticks came to a close and Harry and Ginny parted ways from Ron and Hermione. Ginny dragged Harry to Gladrags and made him help her find a new spring dress robe. He hated to admit it but he actually had fun shopping with her. He liked seeing her so happy and just enjoying herself. As they were leaving, it was snowing so hard he could hardly see through his glasses and looked at Ginny and smiled. She smiled back and grabbed his hand laughing pulling him into of all places, Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop.

He was horror struck "you are evil, you tricked me." he said.

She was laughing so hard now that tears were streaming out of her eyes and she was huffing "you... should ....have ...seen ... your" deep breath "face".

He couldn't help it, he laughed also. This is what you and Hermione were whispering about, wasn't it?"

She still couldn't speak yet so she just nodded her head in response. Finally her breath grew steady and she stopped laughing and was getting ready to walk out.

Harry pulled her arm and said "oh no not yet you brought me here now I am going to make you suffer."

"Please Harry I was just kidding. Look, I don't like this place either. We can go."

"Oh no, we are not." Harry said.

"Come on Harry. Can't you take a joke." "Hermione was telling me about your last experience here and I just wanted to see your face" she groaned, "I saw it now we can go."

"No Ginny lets have some tea." he said very sarcastically.

Harry dragged Ginny to a table where the same golden cherubs from fifth year were floating only this year they had little bows and arrows. Every now and then you would see a cherub shoot an arrow at some love struck fool and when it hit target, trumpets blasted and confetti poured onto all of the tables in the shop.

Ginny and Harry laughed at the cherubs. Then had a fight with the confetti seeing who could get the most confetti in a cup of tea. When they actually got thirsty and couldn't drink from their confetti filled cups, they ordered some another round of tea and scones. While enjoying their tea, either one or the other would make a funny face or a rude smooching sound. They took pleasure in making fun of some of the couples who were being overly obvious about the liberty of kissing in public just because it was Valentine's.

Ginny and Harry were both making kissing sounds with puckered lips when Professor McGonagall walk in linked arm and arm with Professor Dumbledore. Dumbledore, smiled then winked at Harry and Ginny with that sparkle in his eye. They both started to laugh. First, because they got caught making kissing sounds then at the thought of McGonagall and Dumbledore being together in Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop as if they were on a date.

That was when Harry leaned over the table and whispered to Ginny "I heard she snogged Dumbledore once" and at that Ginny lost it.

Harry could tell that she was caught off guard by his statement and could see by the look in her eyes and the weird smile on her lips that she was imagining McGonagall and Dumbledore kissing. Two seconds later she was laughing so hard that she fell off her pouf chair.

Harry got out of his chair to help her up and when he sat down again, he let out a shriek, and loud trumpets could be heard.

Ginny barked out in a laughing voice "Are you sitting on what I think you're sitting on?"

It was Harry's turn to laugh because just as he was going to sit down a cherub shot an arrow at him sticking him in his rear end. It had happened so fast that he sat on it. When he looked into Ginny's eyes this time he knew for sure he had fallen in love and it wasn't because of cupid's arrow it was because they spent over an hour in Madame Puddifoot’s tea shop and not once did he have one bad thought.

At that moment Harry leaned over the table and said "Now you can kiss me, Ginny."

She was dumb struck and didn't move. She just stared at Harry. Because she was not moving he took matters into his own hands and held her face with his hands and kissed her softly on the lips.

At that same moment confetti rained down on them. Dumbledore walked by and pulled the arrow out of Harry's backside with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.


The End


A/N: This was my first writers challenge and I can't believe I actually was able to use all of the Bonus phrases. Here they are if you want to search them out.

1) I heard she snogged Dumbledore once.
2) Are those my knickers you’re trying to hide?
3)Will you please stop that thing from singing!
4) You have something on your lips.
5) You two can come out from hiding now.
6) Are you sitting on what I think you're sitting on?
7) Now you can kiss me, Harry/Ginny.
Reviews 7
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear